Salvation is a Free Gift.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Actually you described how God was going to fulfill His purpose.

you asked what his purpose was in creation right. I’m saying to make for himself a kingdom where he walks among his children and no one is trying to kill the other guy no
One is stealing the other guys stuff or envying him coveting his things and wife where no one breaks a word ect a perfect world as of Adam never had sinned and man had never been corrupted

of you asked how God was going to create this I would have said through Christ and the gospel but that he had already created it and mankind corrupted it being those with dominion upon it

did you notice in the beginning of the ot man disobeys God of his own free Will bieng lord to and swindled by a forked tongue . And the result is that man is cursed to die like God told him when he gave him the commandment not to do it ? And then man is cast out of Eden where God had placed him after creating man, and the tree of life is guarded now from man’s access with an impassable wall of fire ? That flaming sword tbat turns every way now has appeared but th is all happened because man did what God said not to do

your free to eat of it but don’t do it you will certainly die ( it’s not for you son you’ll die just hear what I tell you and you’ll live and dwell here with me )

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

See he’s already at the start made man for his family and to be like him but then Adam look what he did

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin;

( God told him not to eat the fruit because he would certainly die ) and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭

We were corrupted by good and evil and fell from our intended place in creation as his fellows and companions those he created for love to love and to be loved by the father and son relationship

Jesus came to restore the people for a perfect world he promised to redeem us from a dark and corrupt world headed for a blazing end but they don’t consider it unless they hear the word of God.

So in the end of the ot God is saying man is corrupted and there’s not a single one that’s able to approach him and live to intercede because we’re all sinners now

Then Jesus came with the gospel of “ reconciliation “ “ restoring the hearts and spirits of men and again look it’s calling us to be and teaching us we are the children the sons and daughters of God like Adam and Eve in the beginning

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.( mans darkness reigns in this world he gave us dominion Jesus came as a man to regain the dominion he gave to man on earth )

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. ( this is Gods purpose in all things make children for himself and eternity to glorify them who glorify him on earth read John 17

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:10, 12-14‬ ‭

One is a story of man’s corruption costing this world and the other of Gods righteousness restoring mankind’s heart and spirit and life and on the end of the bi les New Testament you’ll notice a promise to partake of the tree of life in paradise with God like Adam was given on the beginning

I think this bro Gods Will absolutely will be accomplished he is the creator of all things even mankind ourselves all of us good and bad. But I believe our lives on earth we are feee to choose either the good or evil Adam introduced into the world

And if we choose Jesus and the gospel we’re choosing the good and eternal life with him

and God sees with foreknowledge and works his Will according to what he foresees and that if we love God we are the elect of God being those sons and daughters he desires to live with and among forever
All you are saying is correct, but it's revealing how God is performing His purpose. His purpose is simply to glorify Himself.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So God is all about self exaltation ?

brother what drives the heart of a good Father ?
You are judging God as though He was a man. When men exalt themselves, they do so lessening those around them. When God is exalted, blessing accrues to all.

We exist to exalt God. Exalting God is our greatest good. In the words of Oswald Chambers...our utmost for His highest.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You are judging God as though He was a man. When men exalt themselves, they do so lessening those around them. When God is exalted, blessing accrues to all.

We exist to exalt God. Exalting God is our greatest good. In the words of Oswald Chambers...our utmost for His highest.
Not at all im hearing how Jesus taught us God the Father is and what his purpose in all things is

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the son of God came to teach us of God our father

“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m just looking at Gods Will through the gospel when the son is teaching us the children of the father

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“We exist to exalt God. Exalting God is our greatest good.”

yeah that’s our purpose indeed to glorify God on earth

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s mutual love and glory only through Christ the chosen and elect and foreknown

I ( the son ) have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You see the man glorify God on earth by walking in his Will and ways bringing glory to the name of Jesus . and God then glorifies the man in heaven

hes making children to love and be loved by imagine a loving God with no one to love or love him back a lovong father with no one to father

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
“We exist to exalt God. Exalting God is our greatest good.”

yeah that’s our purpose indeed to glorify God on earth

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s mutual love and glory only through Christ the chosen and elect and foreknown

I ( the son ) have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You see the man glorify God on earth by walking in his Will and ways bringing glory to the name of Jesus . and God then glorifies the man in heaven

hes making children to love and be loved by imagine a loving God with no one to love or love him back a lovong father with no one to father
God is self-existing and self-sufficient. He is eternally a Father loving always His Son and being loved by Him.
Do you believe God needs our love to be complete?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
God is self-existing and self-sufficient. He is eternally a Father loving always His Son and being loved by Him.
Do you believe God needs our love to be complete?
No I haven’t said God requires anything to be complete I said his purpose of creation was to create for himself children to love and be loved by for eternity because he is a living Father by nature that’s why he created man to be his children

To see his motivation look at yourself

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us:

and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If you think of the question you asked look at genesis one and see what he did and who it’s all about blessing who he gave the earth to the other half of his creation.

God created man to be his children to love mutually and enjoy eternity with them

It’s a simple statement and I think the word shows it from beginning to end I didn’t say anything about God needing anything to be complete . You asked what I thought his purpose of crestion was

my response is that he was creating a family to love mutually and enjoy eternity with him that’s his purpose in all things to create a people set apart for himself as his children

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No I haven’t said God requires anything to be complete I said his purpose of creation was to create for himself children to love and be loved by for eternity because he is a living Father by nature that’s why he created man to be his children

To see his motivation look at yourself

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us:

and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If you think of the question you asked look at genesis one and see what he did and who it’s all about blessing who he gave the earth to the other half of his creation.

God created man to be his children to love mutually and enjoy eternity with them

It’s a simple statement and I think the word shows it from beginning to end I didn’t say anything about God needing anything to be complete . You asked what I thought his purpose of crestion was

my response is that he was creating a family to love mutually and enjoy eternity with him that’s his purpose in all things to create a people set apart for himself as his children
My premise is that God does all He does for His glory. Everything else is subservient to this purpose.
Having a people to Himself for eternity allows God to make the depth and width and breadth of His love and grace and mercy known eternally. This is to the glory of His great Name. This redounds to our eternal good, but that is simply the result of God being glorified.
All things exist by Him, for Him, and to Him. Nothing is about us. It's all about God.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My premise is that God does all He does for His glory. Everything else is subservient to this purpose.
Having a people to Himself for eternity allows God to make the depth and width and breadth of His love and grace and mercy known eternally. This is to the glory of His great Name. This redounds to our eternal good, but that is simply the result of God being glorified.
All things exist by Him, for Him, and to Him. Nothing is about us. It's all about God.
Amen and I know your premise brother but I’m saying let’s look at what he said about things and see if our thinking matches up

My position is he created man to partake and participate with him freely by choice

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

But the Bible says God doesn't show partiality.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Amen and I know your premise brother but I’m saying let’s look at what he said about things and see if our thinking matches up

My position is he created man to partake and participate with him freely by choice
Does partaking and participating with Him glorify God?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Did I come in on the wrong end of the discussion? My bad. I was talking of God electing a people to save and one to be doomed.
You are always welcome to join in. I was just trying to understand the relevance of your post.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:14-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That brings him glory and on return he glorified us in his kingdom to be his eternal children made in tbe image of Christ his son through faith in Christ by his word

Brother we’ve already agree man’s purpose is to glorify God you had asked what his purpose in creation was . He created man not for this

“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But they chose that when they rejected his word and followed the serpents lie

his purpose is fulfilled in tbe end of the Bible the hope he gave us of this was always his intention

“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We caused all that stuff that’s now passed away because man rebels against what God said to him his intent was to manifest his own image in us and have us choose to reflect his ways on earth so people understand he is good and not evil this brings him glory
When he creates a son who loves him this generates glory for him and he fills them up forever with his glory

my position is Gods Will can only be found in the words of the lord on the gospel it’s everlasting and will never change because he doesn’t and the gospel is where you see God in truth Father in heaven son on earth and Holy Ghost in our hearts

which knowledge is how children are born of his spirit and washed in his blood

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Did I come in on the wrong end of the discussion? My bad. I was talking of God electing a people to save and one to be doomed.
That’s the same way I hear the way people explain “ election “ here . If you elect only some for salvstion and glory you’ve elected the others you didn’t select for doom and destruction by default

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
making himself sons who walk in his ways glorofied him and is how I see what he’s doing in creation

“For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, In the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2:10-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This verse points to a prophecy fulfilled by Jesus who the authors is speaking of

“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? All they that see me laugh me to scorn: They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: Let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. They gaped upon me with their mouths, As a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: My heart is like wax; It is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; And thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: The assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: They pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: They look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, And cast lots upon my vesture. Deliver my soul from the sword; My darling from the power of the dog.

( above is about Jesus death below concerns his fruits of his work and resurrection and role )

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: In the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; All ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; And fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: They shall praise the LORD that seek him: Your heart shall live for ever. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: And all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD's: And he is the governor among the nations.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭22:1, 7-8, 13-18, 20, 22-23, 25-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬