The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Yes if we enter in through faith.
Aint no if about it, His Death brings us to God in Faith. Faith is included in the bringing sir.

Thats why it reads them that come to God BY HIM Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

That word by is the prep dia and means:
    1. of means
      1. by
      2. by the means of
  1. through
    1. the ground or reason by which something is or is not done
      1. by reason of
      2. on account of
      3. because of for this reason
      4. therefore
      5. on this account

The word come in Heb 7:25 denotes believe Jn 6:35

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Your problem is you refuse to Give Christ all the Credit for ones Salvation, thats not good friend

Nov 21, 2020
It makes men free indeed !

Jn 8:36

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus here is speaking here of the effects, consequences of His Death, and it alone, and nothing of what a man does, but men are passive and strictly recipients of His action of making them free. This Truth is denied in false religion today, the antichrist gospels !

The Son here is Jesus Christ Himself, the Son of God, yeah even God the Son, the Word of God Jn 1:1. The word make denotes Christ's Sovereignty, His Power, and therewith He makes men free.

The words "shall make you free" eleuthero does mean:

1. to make free
  2. set at liberty: from the dominion of sin

Christ makes those He died for free from the dominion of sin, or unbelief. By nature men as sinners are under the power, dominion of sin and unbelief, we are sold under sin by nature Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. Sold under the control, dominion of sin, under the authority of it.

Remember the Elect Vessels of Mercy were given to be under the control, prison of unbelief Rom 11:32

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

What does it mean to be concluded "by God" in unbelief ? It means to be under the power, prison, control of unbelief, this is the case of all men by nature, elect and non elect !

The word concluded sugkleió means to make subject to, by nature God has made all men subject to unbelief,

being under domination, control, or influence of unbelief ! Now this is what the Son receives credit for, in making them free from it, for whom He died ! 60

Mar 23, 2016
every sinner Christ died for
click

brightfam52 said:
The Penal law has been satisfied for them
if people do not believe, they will be judged according to the law notwithstanding the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind ... that is why salvation is wholly by grace through faith. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior ... trust that what God tells you in His Word is absolutely true ... He is faithful Who promised

Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it [the gospel of Christ] is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein [in the gospel of Christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Nov 21, 2020
click

if people do not believe, they will be judged according to the law notwithstanding the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind ... that is why salvation is wholly by grace through faith. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior ... trust that what God tells you in His Word is absolutely true ... He is faithful Who promised

Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it [the gospel of Christ] is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein [in the gospel of Christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
You fight hard against the Saving Death of Christ !

Oct 10, 2019
Yup, and I told you what the atonement accomplishes, and you disagreed.
The only answer he satisfied with is admitting that it doesn't matter if you believe in Christ and what he did for you or not.That Christ has taken away sin from everybody whether they repent or not, and therefore we are all saved whether we consciously choose to follow christ or not. This is what the big arguments about.

Oct 10, 2019
Okay and you should already know why.DUH
Brightfame52 you serve a weak and little god. The God I know and love and serve is a righteous God. And in like manner, he demands righteousness from those who follow him and desire to be with him. Of course, this is impossible for us to do. That's where the grace of God comes in and that's where we're also required to cooperate with God. So, just as in revelation, it's the outpouring of God's wrath. Jesus returns, he's not coming to share love. He's not coming to share and offer forgiveness. He's coming to shed blood. To bring destruction judgment and pour out wrath upon the earth. Jesus will return with the anger of God. Just keep in mind that when you die and you stand before God. Just as it is in revelation it will be for you when you stand before the judgment seat.

Revelation 16:1-11
1-2 Then I heard a mighty voice from the Temple say to the seven angels, “Go your ways and pour out on the earth the seven bowls containing God’s wrath.” So the first angel left the Temple and poured out his bowl on the earth, and horrible, malignant sores broke out on everyone who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his statue.

3-4 Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became like the blood of a corpse. And everything in the sea died. Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs, and they became blood. 5-6 And I heard the angel who had authority over all water saying, “You are just, O Holy One, who is and who always was, because you have sent these judgments. Since they shed the blood of your holy people and your prophets, you have given them blood to drink. It is their just reward.” 7 And I heard a voice from the altar, saying, “Yes, O Lord God, the Almighty, your judgments are true and just.”

8-9 Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, causing it to scorch everyone with its fire. Everyone was burned by this blast of heat, and they cursed the name of God, who had control over all these plagues. They did not repent of their sins and turn to God and give him glory. 10-11 Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. His subjects ground their teeth in anguish, and they cursed the God of heaven for their pains and sores. But they did not repent of their evil deeds and turn to God.