When You Can't Pray or Hear God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
I rejected mine till the day they both died, why would I lie, so why should he?? I was not going to lie to them. My life on the street taught one very valuable lesson your word is your bond! I did not care what they thought of me, as far as I was concerned, they both died to me the day they lied to me about Santa Claus!! LOL

Which may not seem like much to most people, but I had a lot of fights in my schooldays defending what my parents told me about him! They taught me how to lie, and so it did not matter to me what they believed I said. This may sound a bit cold! And I guess it is. I of course forgive them both now, but it took Jesus to perform this function, I alone would never have had a thought about forgiving them until then!

Some parents and I said some, should ask forgiveness to their sons and daughters for leading them astray. It may not seem like much to lie to them about say Santa Claus but to some children they remember and hold a terrible grudge over what to many may be a small matter! When a son or daughter cannot believe their own parents who can they turn to??

I am 70 now never married and part of that reason is I will not lie to anyone about anything! If you suck, you suck, and if you are all right, I will tell you so, and expect the same from another. You will always know where you stand with me, I am blunt and to the point, no story to tell anyone, and I look for the same qualities in another. I am too old to play games with people, and to be honest never liked games or surprises. Hope I did not hurt anyone's feeling out there it is just me.

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
I rejected mine till the day they both died, why would I lie, so why should he?? I was not going to lie to them. My life on the street taught one very valuable lesson your word is your bond! I did not care what they thought of me, as far as I was concerned, they both died to me the day they lied to me about Santa Claus!! LOL

Which may not seem like much to most people, but I had a lot of fights in my schooldays defending what my parents told me about him! They taught me how to lie, and so it did not matter to me what they believed I said. This may sound a bit cold! And I guess it is. I of course forgive them both now, but it took Jesus to perform this function, I alone would never have had a thought about forgiving them until then!

Some parents and I said some, should ask forgiveness to their sons and daughters for leading them astray. It may not seem like much to lie to them about say Santa Claus but to some children they remember and hold a terrible grudge over what to many may be a small matter! When a son or daughter cannot believe their own parents who can they turn to??

I am 70 now never married and part of that reason is I will not lie to anyone about anything! If you suck, you suck, and if you are all right, I will tell you so, and expect the same from another. You will always know where you stand with me, I am blunt and to the point, no story to tell anyone, and I look for the same qualities in another. I am too old to play games with people, and to be honest never liked games or surprises. Hope I did not hurt anyone's feeling out there it is just me.
I wanted the respond to this fabulous post, if for no other reason, than it gives me a way to share something truly humorous and speaks into your account.

My Daughter was permitted to attend a Junior Infants School of the CofE persuasion in her fifth year.

Were she [had she been] a child of a parishioner (her parent or parents) then that election, either by the child or else by the parent, would be taken as entry. So easy peasy then one would think. As it was my wife and myself are biological Jews. So whilst I had a way to circumnavigate the religious meaning of Christmas in our home by setting it into a Hebrew meaning for our children, I would have little chance of surviving Christmas if my daughter unveiled that I had 'lied' to her about Santa Clause. And the reason we did that was simply to avoid the whole issue of a somewhat bankrupt and paganised form of valuing the profound benefit of knowing that Christ is God with Us [Emanuel] and not simply a baby who is lost to us because we have equated a faulty belief that Santa Clause is the giver of gifts that smell sweet and by sight are full of glitter, when in a manger those anointing gifts of precious anointments and fine gold to His Kingship, speak of Christ the King of Israel.

So as my daughter entered her 'new' school in the fall term, she was immediately met with endless preparations for Christmas. As I knew this would happen, I was not surprised when she came a few days later and confronted me saying 'you lied to me'.

Well I did lie to her, after all Santa does exists and so defending him seems like a very reasonable proposition for a child that desires to honour God by obeying their parents, even when they lie to their children.

Well that's the reasonable cogency of a school making of Santa Clause a thing that removes Christ in His Kingship and thus in His compassion and mercy by the sovereign hand of the Father in heaven. If we say that Santa Clause does NOT exists to a child prior to her seeing that he clearly does exist and every child and teacher and reasonable excitement erupts at the thought of presents and wonderful celebration of Christ, a babe in a manger - then in that instant of knowing by sensory experience Santa Clause does indeed exist.

You wouldn't think that little children could provoke so much parental intervention even and specially when they have sought your permission to go to the very school you are least likely to want to send her to.

So I just roared with laughter at her indignation and put her mind to rest that I would agree to the entire house being decorated with every festivity of trees and braids of gold and vivid colours and place under the tree those gifts that Santa Clause would bring all labelled with the names of my children. And I set the contract to two years before we would return to sanity. That pleased her very well, until I added that her allowance for the Holiday season of Christmas was removed and would be spent on her election and sure choice.

You were given no choice.

So if we believe that which is utterly false for sentimental and childish reasons, quiet reasonable sensing the intention in that Santa Clause claim - to dial towards God our Father and our Redeemer, What child would NOT see that as utterly worth defending?

I told my daughter from her first inclination to understand godly wisdom, that Christmas did NOT exists in her NOW life, because Christmas had replaced Christ. No more than that. And so when she saw just what a fine thing this Catholic Christmas and this English Catholic Mendicant father she had in my faith, as a reformed Calvinist NOT a Messianic Jew. she could not help but understand that the entire worth of this Catholic Christmas may just be more the affection of presents and the natural love of her father and mother - which she was easily. able to agree with seeing as that need was the entire benefit of being a small child when these things are permitted.

Defending the indefensible as a material claim of Santa Clause in a child who loves God because he loves his father and his mother is NOT a thing to get vexed about. It is a thing from which to learn what faithfulness means in our obedience when we have become accountable adults. God doesn't change - He is the same yesterday, today and forever. We are changing into His likeness day upon day. Then in the hour of His Coming (2nd Advent) we will be changed utterly and become as He is, because we will see Him as He is.

Apr 16, 2015
Very nice Brother Rhomphaeam!! I agree! However, I was vexed!! lol I was, at least I looked it at from a child's eyes as betrayed. Of course that is long past, all I wanted to show you brother is that as you well know each child is as different as the weather. Another fine point you made is that and it was very true my earthy father ruled with an iron hand, and me, I was rebellious just to show him I would not be ruled by anyone! i wish you had been my earthy dad, because you had wisdom, but my earthy dad was living his life in constant anger.

And he took it out on me almost daily. Forgiveness was just another word to me until Jesus touched me, now I show forgiveness rather than talk about it, as I do love, and grace and kindness, it is far from easy at times, but my mindset goes back to Jesus forgiving me! Can I do less to another?? I think not. Blessing brother, and thankful for your thoughtfulness'!

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
Very nice Brother Rhomphaeam!! I agree! However, I was vexed!! lol I was, at least I looked it at from a child's eyes as betrayed. Of course that is long past, all I wanted to show you brother is that as you well know each child is as different as the weather. Another fine point you made is that and it was very true my earthy father ruled with an iron hand, and me, I was rebellious just to show him I would not be ruled by anyone! i wish you had been my earthy dad, because you had wisdom, but my earthy dad was living his life in constant anger.

And he took it out on me almost daily. Forgiveness was just another word to me until Jesus touched me, now I show forgiveness rather than talk about it, as I do love, and grace and kindness, it is far from easy at times, but my mindset goes back to Jesus forgiving me! Can I do less to another?? I think not. Blessing brother, and thankful for your thoughtfulness'!
That's very sobering dear brother. I saw that you are 70yrs. Thank you for the encouragement. I just asked my wife to read this exchange because I find that when we are best placed to serve others, we MAY find that we are better formed ourselves out of saying it, when what you have said of yourself was my portion from the womb. It was 24yrs before I was saved in a prison cell and came to Christ. That certainty you had was mine also, and I am in no doubt that it is when I revisit those times to reflect on the many instances that had God speak to me as a child and to give me simple wisdom to make distinctions where confusion and anger make ruin. Yet not to deliverance until the hour came by His appointment.

Besides, brother, others read these things and it to those that we bear witness of when in our confidence we speak of deliverance in Christ. Amen.

Apr 16, 2015
You know brother Rhomphaeam that every person without Jesus is in a prison cell! Each cell may be different, but the point is that all are in bondage! I am so glad for you brother! I got free out of a mop closet in college at 22 myself. lol It is a long story but perhaps one day when you wish I would be glad to explain.

A great light appeared and from this light I fell on my face and heard these very words." My Son you were dead and now you live, you were lost and now you have been found"(Luke 15:32) Go forth from here and tell others about my love and grace but more so my loving kindness I did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them and free them!( Luke 9:56) If you stay in my Word then you truly abide in me" The light went out and I was set free indeed! Blessing always to you brother!

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
You know brother Rhomphaeam that every person without Jesus is in a prison cell! Each cell may be different, but the point is that all are in bondage! I am so glad for you brother! I got free out of a mop closet in college at 22 myself. lol It is a long story but perhaps one day when you wish I would be glad to explain.

A great light appeared and from this light I fell on my face and heard these very words." My Son you were dead and now you live, you were lost and now you have been found"(Luke 15:32) Go forth from here and tell others about my love and grace but more so my loving kindness I did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them and free them!( Luke 9:56) If you stay in my Word then you truly abide in me" The light went out and I was set free indeed! Blessing always to you brother!
Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Perhaps you ought to bear witness then brother. Amen.

The day The Lord found me was May 10th 1984. I was in Solitary Confinement. My condition was in truth quiet appalling and my anger with God was almost full.

Seeing as you have the lead, being the 'old crone' of 70yrs, and myself a 'mere child' of 64yrs, I believe that I can already see what could be raised from your brief account that would serve this forum well. Let's say in hope that there is a Scarlet Thread of God's Mercy that is already visible in your brief account.

But first your full account brother. I believe that there is a section of the forum to do that in a more formal way, yet I am always mindful that the best of the crop is always found in the gleanings because it is from the gleanings that we must take our portion if we are to be found accountable servants of such undoubted Sovereignty of God. I was reminded when I was in my cell, on an almost daily basis by The Lord to never forget from whence He had found me.. And I knew right of the bat that the Lord did NOT mean to spend my time talking vanity about why I was a thief.

Apr 16, 2015
WOW!!!! I can say that backwards Rhomphaeam wow!! LOL Old in body Yes, but God has given me a FRESH YOUNG MIND!! lol (Psalm 40:2-3)

Jan 17, 2023
I appreciate all of you praying for this situation. This weekend we went to visit my nephews, my youngest turned 16. We were able to get together with my nephew and his wife. There was tension, which is to be expected, but I believe God moved this weekend. Small steps but in the right direction. I won't bother you all with details just thank you for praying for this situation.