Prayer for overcoming sugar and misery.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 15, 2023
Hi, because i am depressed at how bad my life is I tend to turn to sugar and hate my life generally for having no activity, no fun, no excitement, no fulfilment in church or the little it does for church goers in general. Not many people go and it is a bit silent and non-interactive. Even advice when asked is lacking if any. I only feel I get over sugar if I game but have given it up and God seems to warn me not to do it so I am stuck in a dead-end inactive unfulfilled silent non-interactive "christian life" stuck at home with non-christian parents with all that stuff surrounded by junk and noise with no escape due to no skills or job of value from God, no delivery from this sin and more etc. I ask for prayer to overcome these issues and the hate of my pathetic life. If it was not a sin to commit suicide I would not be here at 40+years old and a loser in every way.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Hi, because i am depressed at how bad my life is I tend to turn to sugar and hate my life generally for having no activity, no fun, no excitement, no fulfilment in church or the little it does for church goers in general. Not many people go and it is a bit silent and non-interactive. Even advice when asked is lacking if any. I only feel I get over sugar if I game but have given it up and God seems to warn me not to do it so I am stuck in a dead-end inactive unfulfilled silent non-interactive "christian life" stuck at home with non-christian parents with all that stuff surrounded by junk and noise with no escape due to no skills or job of value from God, no delivery from this sin and more etc. I ask for prayer to overcome these issues and the hate of my pathetic life. If it was not a sin to commit suicide I would not be here at 40+years old and a loser in every way.
As unlikely as this may sound, God is nearer to you than you imagine. Psalm 34:18 says that the Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are of a contrite spirit. It sounds like you are halfway there. Without any judgment on my part, perhaps a little soul-searching is in order. Psalm 37:4 reveals that as we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our hearts. Are you truly desirous of God?
It is easy to tell that you are in considerable pain, and what I shared was not intended to add to your hurt. Rather, it comes from one who has also known great hurt and found that only God is sufficient to heal such deep wounds.
Will be praying for you.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Do you have a full-time job where you mingle with people?

May 13, 2024
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=above+ins...i=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7k9gsO5gI

Hello, if you would consider it, there's inspiration available in these videos. Filling up on good principals like this can help, you can listen, even on repeat, something to fall asleep to even; May you be encouraged to continue on, many need encouragement (me included), so I hope, if you choose to listen, you find some more encouragement.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Psalm 18:28. Sounds like you may need to find a different church. You might consider visiting a different church this Sunday

Chosen808

Sep 3, 2023
Dave you are not a loser. That is satans lie. God does not call you a loser. You are a child of the Most High God. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. You are more than a conqueror. You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people, to show for the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. You have a puropse. God has a purpose for your life which was given in Christ before time. You can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you. Draw closer to God. Get to know the Father, get to know Jesus, get to know the Holy Spirit. Get to know God. Read His word. Pray. God will reveal the truth of Who He is to you through His word. He will reveal the truth about who He says you are through His word. No child of God is a loser. You are a child of the Most High God. You are more than a conqueror. Rom 8:37, 2 Tim 1:9, 1 Pet 2:9, Phil 4:13, Deut 28:13, 2 Tim 3:16

Mar 15, 2023
To any that wrote, no I only work part-time, yes I am a loser as what have I won (salvation is free), and God seems mostly inactive in every location as if he is busy with more important people and events to guide me that much. Reading the bible daily has little in it for me any more due to the lack of applicable pages to daily life and the time it takes to get to something that reminds me of what I should be doing. I really wanted to make a daily pocket book for fast daily help that had few pages, but it seems even that is blocked by God. The bible to me seems necessary for all but not useful for everyday like a bullet list of stuff to engrain behaviours and activities. But, I suppose this gets boring and a drag so maybe slogging through 1000+ pages learning little is God's way? I'm basically wasting away losing years of life to inactivity and God blocking me from doing anything. And no it is not the devil. I feel I am led to live like a bhudist monk but christian, not thinking or doing anything, it seems weird that God is leading me this way to nothingness?

I would be posting youtube videos but God blocked that too for some reason. I can literally feel God "saying" no.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
Praying for you right now brother!

Lord, your word says “where two of you agree as touching anything here on earth, it shall be done for them by My Father which is in Heaven,” so Dave and I come to you in agreement for you to deliver him from the guilt of eating sugar, and the depression and condemnation the enemy is attempting to put on him. Lord we pray your protect over Dave right now, that the enemy would have no further manipulation of this situation in Jesus name. Open up a healthy place for Dave to worship you. Give him Your desires and take out of his heart those desires that are not Your will for him. Draw into his life, those people, resources and opportunities that are Your will for him and that will prosper and bless him. In Jesus name, amen 🙏