Christian Nationalism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Christian nationalism a safe movement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
I said "heads up" because nowhere in your post did you say this was SDA teaching. Just thought people might like to know what they're watching.
I don’t know that anyone directly states their church affiliation on here. I am a Christian, dedicated to Jesus and the teachings of the Bible. After that I subscribe to the historical interpretation of the Bible. This thread is about Christian Nationalism and the post we are referencing is meant to contribute to the discussion.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I don’t know that anyone directly states their church affiliation on here.
I had no idea you were SDA when I posted that about the video. I wasn't even talking about you, but the speaker in the video and the YouTube channel. If a person doesn't want to divulge their religious affiliation that's their business; but people do have the right to know the religious affiliation of someone presenting themself as a teacher of God's word.

studier

Apr 18, 2024
I just browsed into this article.

It appears that this is a political movement rather than Christianity. Does this sound dangerous to anyone?
I just glanced at the article you posted.

Then there are self-identifying Christian Nationalists who will explain for themselves what Christian Nationalism is for them. Some write books on the topic, build businesses around their beliefs, and even develop AI to complement the book: Gab.AI

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
I just glanced at the article you posted.

Then there are self-identifying Christian Nationalists who will explain for themselves what Christian Nationalism is for them. Some write books on the topic, build businesses around their beliefs, and even develop AI to complement the book: Gab.AI
I took the AI for a test drive, it appears to answer only from the book.

studier

Apr 18, 2024
I took the AI for a test drive, it appears to answer only from the book.
Yes, that's what it looked like it is set up to do ("to complement the book" - my statement).

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
Yes, that's what it looked like it is set up to do ("to complement the book" - my statement).
It was very fast, this may be a pretty good idea in general.

I was sort of expecting a sales pitch but none materialized.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Tell you something funny.
I know someone who saw one of these "give to God" promos and will receive back.
Which 10% from earning is already proven and I pay tithes and see so much back it's crazy.
But the person I know said a preacher said to give a seed of $1000 dollars and watch what God does.
So he got out his checkbook but wrote it out to his own personal local church he attended.
He obeyed the Biblical teaching about giving but refused to give it to this television church.
He told me a couple weeks later after giving 1000 dollars a man he knew briefly died but for some reason left him 100k in his will.
My friend said after that he got into a habit of going to random churches and giving 300, 500, 1,000 dollar offerings according to the number God led him to give.
He went from 125k 401k pension fund to now he's a millionaire 50 times over.
So I started giving like he did.
It works when you give to God to see if His Word is true.
I just don't give to the television scammer is all.
Only to the local churches.
Giving - Thoughts:

Christians are ALL be "giving" people, in the sense we are compassionate rather than stingy.
And the impetus behind our giving attitude should be gratefulness to God, such gratefulness that we're happy to help others.

But we do need to remember that, by God's grace, these good attitudes will work themselves out differently in different people.
Romans 12:8 even lists "giving" as a specific gift, for which he gives some people extra grace and ability.

So we are all to have an attitude of compassion, and be "giving" people, but we'll all have different means, and grace, for giving.
(If you don't have a million dollars, you simply aren't able to give a million dollars away etc..)

I do believe God blesses us each time we give with a cheerful heart, but the blessings we receive back aren't always monetary.
The blessings come in all forms, and sometimes the money comes back many times over, and sometimes it simply does not come back at all... but if we give with the right attitude, then it doesn't matter. We give when God moves us to do so, and we know he'll bless us for OBEDIENCE... and we can trust he'll take care of us.

History:
There are many stories in Christian history, of real people, such as the gentleman mentioned by FollowerOfShiloh, who had a special gift for giving. I think God allows these special people to exist, with special gifts, sometimes to an extreme degree... just to show us the power of God. But though we can be encouraged by these wonderful people, we aren't required, or expected, to emulate their exact actions, but we can certainly emulate their attitudes. We should be giving and grateful people, happy to obey God, and happy to help others. And God will reward us, in one way or another, as he sees fit. God is never reluctant to bless us, though the blessings are not always what we expect.

God Bless.
Hope you all have a great weekend.