Mike Winger's "Why I think Calvinism is Unbiblical"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Aye can see that, though I lean more toward buccaneer. What does "aar" even mean anyway?
It's simply short for "aargg" for lazy pirates who will probably find themselves swabbing the deck or walking the plank later.
And a buccaneer is simply a pirate trying to rehabilitate his (or her) image. Down deep one is still a pirate.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
true repentance and faith
Can only happen if there is actual free will. Without free will, there is neither.
Which of course quashes your foolish (aka evil) pretensions that God condemns some and saves others.....BEFORE THEY ARE EVER BORN.

And if there is no free will then this parable is meaningless....and makes God a liar.
In fact this parable is CHOCK FULL of free will. Literally everything anyone ever did was of their own free will.
Of both sons and the father as well!

The Parable of the FORGIVING FATHER

11Then Jesus said, “There was a man who had two sons. 12The younger son said to him, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13After a few days, the younger son got everything together and journeyed to a distant country, where he squandered his wealth in wild living.

14After he had spent all he had, a severe famine swept through that country, and he began to be in need. 15So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed the pigs. 16He longed to fill his belly with the pods the pigs were eating, but no one would give him a thing.

17Finally he came to his senses and said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have plenty of food? But here I am, starving to death! 18I will get up and go back to my father and say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ’

20So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still in the distance, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.

21The son declared, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.b

22But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let us feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again! He was lost and is found!’ So they began to celebrate.