Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

The Catholic church is concerned that people (Priests, Nuns, Bishops and members of the church) will refer to demons without getting the Vatican to speak officially first.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
A powerful case is made for the tribulation beginning in 2024.

Finding Daniel's 70th Week and the Rapture

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
If the April 8, 2024 eclipse was the sign of Jonah giving the evil and adulterous age a 40 day warning, what about the eclipse on August 21, 2017? That eclipse went directly over Washington DC, surely that was a warning. Well if we go exactly 7 prophetic years (360 days) from that eclipse it brings us to July 14, 2024. That is interesting because if we think that December 25, 2028 is the midpoint of the tribulation that would be the day the tribulation begins. It may have other meanings as well for the US as that eclipse crossed the starting point of the civil war for the US as the last place it crossed. That seems more than a coincidence since the 2024 eclipse crossed the place where the Civil war ended as the first place that it crossed.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
We call it the pretribulation rapture because we believe it takes place before the tribulation begins. So consider this. Simply an attempt to put the pieces together. The rapture is like the baptism for those left behind. They go through three days of darkness. Then they are thrust into the wilderness for forty days of fasting like Jesus before His ministry. Think of the three and half years prior to the Great tribulation as being similar to the Lord's earthly ministry. After the 43 days Jesus then went into the temple and proclaimed the acceptable year of the Lord. Altogether this would take something similar to 50 days. I say this because 53 days from May 19 is July 14. However, May 23 is 2nd Passover and that would be 50 days from July 14.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial

Revelation 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

The Great Babylon falls in one hour. I think this is a reference to that. I think the apostate church became the Great Babylon and many lukewarm Christians and nominal believers will be left behind. But look at Philadelphia. They kept the Lord's commandment. How many Christians and pastors and churches these days decide which commands to keep and which to ignore? The command was to endure. We must take a stand for the Lord and for His word. It will result in us being mocked, ridiculed and suffer persecution. But we are crushed but not destroyed. If you love the Lord, if you see there will be a better kingdom then it is a small price to pay. And the command was to endure patiently. You hear so many saying "how long". Enjoy every minute knowing that once this is over it will just be a memory.

Revelation 17:12 “The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast

The beast arrives at the start of the tribulation and is here for seven years. However, the ten kings appear to be a temporary measure, like a bridge loan, to get us from the collapse of the US dollar to the mark of the beast. The one hour that Philadelphia is kept from is most likely the one hour that it takes for Babylon the Great to fall. The fall of the US will impact the entire world's economy, and so BRICS will step in to keep things running until the mark of the Beast can become active.

Revelation 18:19 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out: “‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’

This would also seem that this hour is a reference to the seven years as well. It is very clear from the Lord's word that prior to the tribulation starting everyone is acting like things are normal, then the fire falls, the rain comes and they are all destroyed. I think the seven year tribulation starts with the fall of the Great Babylon, the US. There will be a nuclear attack from our enemies, but there may also be a massive earthquake and of course the total collapse of the US economy.

I suspect the reason seven years is referred to as one hour is because it is both. If you have a one hour nuclear attack to kick off the tribulation the total outworking of that will take seven years, but it all came in one hour. You will see the stock market collapse in one hour, you will see the global financial system and banking system collapse in one hour. But famine, pestilence, plague, war, these things will take seven years to be fully worked out.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This is written for your learning

Jude 8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings.

This refers back to verse 4 where Jude says that these ones had secretly crept into the church and this is why he was compelled to share about the apostasy even though what he had intended to do was talk about the salvation once for all delivered.

Pollute their own bodies

You cannot believe in prophecy and evolution. They are antithetical. in the same way the creation and the second coming imply God intervening in human history. Those that defile the flesh will spout off things like secular humanism, evolution, and God has nothing to do with man. Gal 5:19-20 gives you a list of what defiling the flesh means.

Reject authority

Ultimate authority is that every knee shall bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. God sets up authorities. Some argued that this is why we should get the vaccine, because we are obedient. But the mandate was a very clear violation of God's authority. The Nuremberg codes prohibit mandating an experimental vaccine. Courts have repeatedly determined that Biden violated his constitutional authority. Reject authority is not talking about rejecting Biden, it is talking about the office of President and the authority vested in those people by the constitution. If you violate the constitution you have rejected the authority of the constitution and by extension your own authority. The apostates speak in judgement of authority. For example, Satan is "the accuser of the brethren". If you accuse the brethren are you doing the work of Satan? The ultimate dignity that they rail against is Jesus Christ, this was illustrated in the two stories I posted about SNL mocking the Lord's birth and a gang rape of Roger Stone's wife.

This book of Jude is written to believers for our learning.