The question of forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
You're good, my friend. ;)

I think the difference between your thoughts and my thoughts is that I believe the apostolic gift continues today as a grace within the Body and within men. There were only 12 Apostles of the Lamb but there were other apostles mentioned in scripture.

Furthermore, in light of the people of God being the family of God, the natural inclination of a perfect and holy family is that the members build up and strengthen one another according to the leading of the head, who is Christ.

Then, equality (like comparing ourselves to Peter) is not a consideration within the Body. If we have a measure of something another does not have, we are to share that thing with others in the Body. The Body is necessary for the Body.

By these principles, family and body, all members are inherently connected to each other. Where one is advanced he is to teach and minister, where one is weak the others rise to protect. Where one lacks the others provide, etc.

Lastly, in the history of man only One man has ever decided that a person is forgiven or not forgiven for their sins: Christ Jesus. Man does not have the authority to forgive sins.

BUT

As the man is led by the Spirit, he can pronounce that another's sins are forgiven. We saw this extension of grace and mercy in Jesus and later in the apostles. The apostles imparted this grace to the ones to whom they were called.

I knew a man who was put out the church for leaving his wife for another woman and remained in rebellion. It was at my direction that the man was put out. I simply told the church "Do not eat with him" so this excluded him from gatherings around holidays and the like.

After 18 months had passed, the man showed up at my door. He looked haggard, thin, weak, and sickly. He was in tears. He said "I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I hurt my wife and children. I hurt my family. I am ashamed." on and on and all this through tears. He was sobbing.

Now, I have it on good account that when we confess our sins, the Lord is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. So I said, "Brother, your sins are forgiven". He collapsed into my arms. I held him as he sobbed. Then, since I directed the church to not eat with him, I arranged a feast for the church at our home with the brother invited. It was a time for healing for everyone.

Now, I didn't have the authority to forgive the sins of that brother BUT I could pronounce when his sins were forgiven. When I did, I was echoing the sound in heaven, if you will, in the earth. My pronouncement served as a witness to all who heard it.

The Lord will let us know when one is forgiven. And, if it helps them, He will direct us to speak it over them. By this we can impart the mercy of God to them. And not only forgiveness, but spiritual gifts, grace, and wisdom...

"For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift..."

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

"...from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love."

My friend, I never tire of sharing my mind with you and other here.
“My friend, I never tire of sharing my mind with you and other here”

i sure hope you never tire of it you have a lot of good thoughts in that peanut sized brain of yours brother 😅 lol sorry sorry I had to…

“I think the difference between your thoughts and my thoughts is that I believe the apostolic gift continues today as a grace within the Body and within men. There were only 12 Apostles of the Lamb but there were other apostles mentioned in scripture.”

yes brother I feel apostles were all those messengers in Jesus generation but the twelve apostles are the ones he chose to establish everything for the church is what I’m saying . Notice after they all died in that generation there’s no more scripture ? The Bible ends with a promise tbat if we repent and believe we’re going to be saved when jesus returns

What I’m saying is what he said to Peter a chosen apostle

“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:( im in this group ) and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul:( definately doing my best to remain in this group )

and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.” ( im not in this group is my Main point I’m in no way disparaging what your saying just making clear I’m a sheep who follows the shepherd and makes a lot of noises here and there )
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:41-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

for me when I read the gospel I think some things are just meant for his apostles ( the twelve including Paul without Judas )

the reason is I believe they were chosen to establish the church and then the church would grow and grow through local churches spreading and they would then form local church groups following the same doctrine Christ said would save anyone

But that’s just part of the difference in what I think nothing more brother I don’t want you to think I’m interfering with anything between you and the lord I’m sure not meaning to

And I appreciate that you share your thoughts I read usually every thing I see because it always has some good thinkin in the fabric so don’t get me wrong

also sometimes I don’t understand stuff other people say and then my “ boat rudder “ steering issue acts up( I think you’ll get that “rudder “ reference )

Anyways brother don’t get me wrong you are appreciated

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
“My friend, I never tire of sharing my mind with you and other here”

i sure hope you never tire of it you have a lot of good thoughts in that peanut sized brain of yours brother 😅 lol sorry sorry I had to…

“I think the difference between your thoughts and my thoughts is that I believe the apostolic gift continues today as a grace within the Body and within men. There were only 12 Apostles of the Lamb but there were other apostles mentioned in scripture.”

yes brother I feel apostles were all those messengers in Jesus generation but the twelve apostles are the ones he chose to establish everything for the church is what I’m saying . Notice after they all died in that generation there’s no more scripture ? The Bible ends with a promise tbat if we repent and believe we’re going to be saved when jesus returns

What I’m saying is what he said to Peter a chosen apostle

“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:(im in this group ) and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul:(definately doing my best to remain in this group )

and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.” ( im not in this group is my Main point I’m in no way disparaging what your saying just making clear I’m a sheep who follows the shepherd and makes a lot of noises here and there )
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:41-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

for me when I read the gospel I think some things are just meant for his apostles ( the twelve including Paul without Judas )

the reason is I believe they were chosen to establish the church and then the church would grow and grow through local churches spreading and they would then form local church groups following the same doctrine Christ said would save anyone

But that’s just part of the difference in what I think nothing more brother I don’t want you to think I’m interfering with anything between you and the lord I’m sure not meaning to

And I appreciate that you share your thoughts I read usually every thing I see because it always has some good thinkin in the fabric so don’t get me wrong

also sometimes I don’t understand stuff other people say and then my “ boat rudder “ steering issue acts up( I think you’ll get that “rudder “ reference )

Anyways brother don’t get me wrong you are appreciated
:)

I greatly appreciate your wisdom and candor.