Worst Possible Scenario...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Well imagine this there’s a thunderstorm and a snake enters your rooms.You are doing your best to kill it with a broom or something.You then look your room so that it doesn’t escape to other rooms but it is slithering away from your grasp and you’re about to kill it finally.However, Lightning strikes there’s a power cut.You can’t see in the dark it’s just you and snake.You even forgot where you put the keys.
The idea for this thread came from the above quoted post.

All of you really imaginative short-story-tellers with a knack for humor put 'you' in a situation and describe the worst possible scenario...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
From what I have observed you humans are already far too good at finding worst case scenarios. (In general... There are a few cheerful chaps among you, but they are always drowned out it seems. Joshua and Caleb are always outvoted.)

Curiously I'm playing Fallout 4 right now, a game set in post-nuclear-war Massachusetts. So at least this tendency produces some decent games.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I’ve been playing the new Assasins’ Creed game, which is not as gay as the previous AC game.
This game is inspired by the old Prince of Persia game.

This is a conspiracy game and as we know conspiracies are THE worst thing.
In this game there is a secret order of they/them which has been controlling the world for generations.
But another group of good-guy they/thems which is also secret, has been fighting the bad good too, in secret.
All of this is happening under our noses while we watch tv.
During this shadow war the protagonist is tasked with nothing less than saving the world with a dagger.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I’ve been playing the new Assasins’ Creed game, which is not as gay as the previous AC game.

In this game there is a secret order of they/them which has been controlling the world for generations.
But another group of good-guy they/thems which is also secret, has been fighting the bad good too, in secret.
During this shadow war the protagonist is tasked with nothing less than saving the world with a dagger.
I thought the putative protagonist was fighting through ancestral memories locked in his DNA. And if his memory-self gets killed, the memory machine goes "No, wait, that's not how it happened" and he has to start over.

That's MY worst case scenario. All of life is one big flashback scene and we'll wake up to find that none of it really mattered.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Here's a worst case scenario for you. In No Man's Sky

SPOILER ALERT

you find out, after hours and hours of tedious game grinding, that you are a bit in a computer simulation of a universe. All that gathering of resources over and over, all that building of bases and acquiring spaceships, and it all means nothing at all because the whole universe is a program running on a processor somewhere.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I thought the putative protagonist was fighting through ancestral memories locked in his DNA. And if his memory-self gets killed, the memory machine goes "No, wait, that's not how it happened" and he has to start over.

That's MY worst case scenario. All of life is one big flashback scene and we'll wake up to find that none of it really mattered.
Yes but the machine is just a cool side effect employed by the marketing team so the kids lose focus of the real conspiracy of the Illuminati and those who fight against them.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Here's a worst case scenario for you. In No Man's Sky

SPOILER ALERT

you find out, after hours and hours of tedious game grinding, that you are a bit in a computer simulation of a universe. All that gathering of resources over and over, all that building of bases and acquiring spaceships, and it all means nothing at all because the whole universe is a program running on a processor somewhere.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ch-living-in-computer-simulation/71130887007/

It‘s good to see the scientists catching up to Creation ideas of the Bible.
This is a scary scenario for them because they don’t want to be seen as embracing a Creator.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
To put this in Jeopardy terms...
"What is Tron?"

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

MacGyver could do it with a toothpick, a paperclip, and a rubber band.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
MacGyver could do it with a toothpick, a paperclip, and a rubber band.
I'm pretty sure the solution to saving the world has something to do with cow farts. Why else would 'they' fight so feverishly to eliminate the otherwise triumphant power of bovine flatulence?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm pretty sure the solution to saving the world has something to do with cow farts. Why else would 'they' fight so feverishly to eliminate the otherwise triumphant power of bovine flatulence?
The answer, my friend
Is blowing in the wind...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Here's the device that will save the climate.

https://bigthink.com/the-present/this-is-how-you-turn-cow-fart-gas-into-energy/

My grandson just finished installing wiring for a huge methane recovery and scrubber system at a large dairy farm. There's big money in those plants.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
so back in college, when boys would sit around cracking up about bottling their farts and using it to "gas up" their cars...
:unsure: your telling me someone has actually found a way to do so with cow farts?

Billyd

May 8, 2014
so back in college, when boys would sit around cracking up about bottling their farts and using it to "gas up" their cars...
:unsure: your telling me someone has actually found a way to do so with cow farts?
Be careful. A personal fart bag may be required of everyone.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
put him back in his enclosure. Otherwise why would I care if a snake got into the house? Other than for it's well being if someone stepped on it.