Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 755
Like Tree383Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Do you know why you are a protestant???

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,350
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Also, in the past I might have accepted the term Protestant (even though I didn't like it), but now... I see it just as bad (if not worse) than Catholicism because Protestantism teaches the dark doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.

  2. #42
    atwhatcost
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    So, just because so many others are saying they aren't necessarily protestant either, I thought I'd bring up I really am. Part of the really protesting branch of Christianity. We're still around. I'm not embarrassed either.
    Utah and senzi like this.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2015
    Age
    38
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Only some protestants believe once saved always saved as you should know. Other lay the emphasis on what man must do to obtain eternal life, not what Christ has done and will do for the individual. And some churches insinuate Christ only died to wipe the slate clean at the point of conversion. Many have suffered much through such erroneous teaching

  4. #44
    tanach
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Yes you can always spot a Roman Catholic by the Horns and Forked Tail. Seriously though very few sane people associate
    the RC with paganism which is by and large nature worship. The Catholic Church does adhere to a number of dodgy doctrines and has a very chequered history but the average
    pew filler has not trained for the Priesthood, and has a sincere faith. Attacking or avoiding people who think differntly will not convert them to another way of thinking. That goes for anyone of a different religious persuasion.
    Angela53510, crossnote and senzi like this.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,350
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by senzi View Post
    Only some protestants believe once saved always saved as you should know. Other lay the emphasis on what man must do to obtain eternal life, not what Christ has done and will do for the individual. And some churches insinuate Christ only died to wipe the slate clean at the point of conversion. Many have suffered much through such erroneous teaching
    It is generally held that most Protestants today hold to Once Saved Always Saved here in the States. This is one of the most popular teachings in the church today. Catholics and many other religious groups regard Protestants as believing in Once Saved Always Saved; And I have yet to meet a Protestant group claiming that they do not believe in OSAS. There are certain denominations that are known for rejecting OSAS. Protestantism is not one of them.
    Last edited by Jason0047; June 27th, 2015 at 07:32 PM.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,350
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by tanach View Post
    Yes you can always spot a Roman Catholic by the Horns and Forked Tail. Seriously though very few sane people associate
    the RC with paganism which is by and large nature worship. The Catholic Church does adhere to a number of dodgy doctrines and has a very chequered history but the average
    pew filler has not trained for the Priesthood, and has a sincere faith. Attacking or avoiding people who think differntly will not convert them to another way of thinking. That goes for anyone of a different religious persuasion.
    Upside down crosses, pagan fish hats, sun worship symbols, and the list goes on and on. Then there is dressing up so as to appear religious, too. But Jesus said, "Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces"

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2014
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    I was born and raised in the Catholic Church.

    Long story but I left the Catholic Church in the late 1960's and found a True Christian Church. I have never regretted it.

    No, I am not a Protestant. True Christians were given the name Protestants by the Catholics as a way to degrade them way below the Catholics. Therefore I'm not a Protestant, I'm a True Christian, a Child of God, a servant to Jesus Christ who is my Lord and Savior!

    Do not let mwc68 get to you. He is a lost Soul who needs guidance in his walk with God. We all need to pray for mwc68 that he will see the Truth in the Bible and turn away from the lies of the Catholic Church like I did 50 years ago.

  8. #48
    tanach
    Guest

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    So Jason 0047 once saved always saved is a dark doctrine, I always thought Salvation was the whole point of Jesus coming
    to die for our sins. Otherwise what is the point of being a Christian. One may as well be a Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist because they have no assurance of Salvation either.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2014
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Once Saved Always Saved is a True Doctrine.

    BUT, if you do not do the Will of the Father, keep on practicing sinning, sinning willingly you will not be allowed to Inherit the Kingdom of God.

    Matthew 7:21-23
    21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
    22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
    23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

    Galatians 5:16-21 (NKJV)
    16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
    18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
    19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
    20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
    21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Denial is a river in Egypt and you prove your ignorance by your statement. My dad is alive and well and I just asked him if that story took place. I already knew it did, but just to please your defensive mind, I asked him anyway and He confirmed it. Hate? No, just truth.
    I'm sorry to doubt you. Please accept my apology. The reason i reacted in such a way is, I have been Catholic for 46 yrs and a member of the music team(choir for 16. I have been a choir director for the past 3 Yrs. The reason I questioned your story is because there is a specific time of the Mass called offeratory and preperation of the gifts. This is when money is collected and the altar prepared for the consecration. I have to select long songs for this and I try hard to play contemplative music for this time. In all my 46 Yrs I have never heard of a Catholic Church taking the offering before Mass as you enter the church. What did they do during the offering and preperation part of Mass? I'm sorry if I upset you! I've been pretty upset at the misleading of Church doctrine. This will be my final post on this thread, but I felt strongly I owe you an apology and explanation!

  11. #51
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    68
    Posts
    25,868
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by mwc68 View Post
    I'm sorry to doubt you. Please accept my apology. The reason i reacted in such a way is, I have been Catholic for 46 yrs and a member of the music team(choir for 16. I have been a choir director for the past 3 Yrs. The reason I questioned your story is because there is a specific time of the Mass called offeratory and preperation of the gifts. This is when money is collected and the altar prepared for the consecration. I have to select long songs for this and I try hard to play contemplative music for this time. In all my 46 Yrs I have never heard of a Catholic Church taking the offering before Mass as you enter the church. What did they do during the offering and preperation part of Mass? I'm sorry if I upset you! I've been pretty upset at the misleading of Church doctrine. This will be my final post on this thread, but I felt strongly I owe you an apology and explanation!
    mwc...are you born again? Have you experienced a change in nature from rebellion against God to love for God and His Son Jesus Christ?
    Do you love His Word, the bible?

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  12. #52
    Member skye51's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    I think I am a protestant because england is mostly a protestant country. The catholic church seems to have a lot of foreign nationals such as irish and polish. But it is our family tradition as my great grandad was a minister and I had other relatives as ministers. We attended church schools and sent to sunday school and other church activities such as youth clubs and girls brigade. so I am protestant purely because i was raised as one.
    crossnote likes this.

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    mwc...are you born again? Have you experienced a change in nature from rebellion against God to love for God and His Son Jesus Christ?
    Do you love His Word, the bible?
    Yes sir, I am and yes sir I have! (I really gotta stop saying last!)
    crossnote, Jimbone and atwhatcost like this.

  14. #54
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    68
    Posts
    25,868
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by mwc68 View Post
    Yes sir, I am and yes sir I have! (I really gotta stop saying last!)
    Then God and His Son and His Word should be your first Love, not Rome or Protestantism.
    I would love to see you defend Jesus more than you do the RCC.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Then God and His Son and His Word should be your first Love, not Rome or Protestantism.
    I would love to see you defend Jesus more than you do the RCC.
    I really wish I was asked questions about Jesus instead of the church!!! LOL
    Angela53510, just-me and ladylynn like this.

  16. #56
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    68
    Posts
    25,868
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by mwc68 View Post
    I really wish I was asked questions about Jesus instead of the church!!! LOL
    You don't have to wait to be asked, there are plenty enemies of the Gospel roaming around here on CC

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2013
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,761
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Then God and His Son and His Word should be your first Love, not Rome or Protestantism.
    I would love to see you defend Jesus more than you do the RCC.
    I protest! About nothing!! And you'll like it because it's my right!!!! But agree. LOL
    Angela53510 and secularhermit like this.

  18. #58
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    68
    Posts
    25,868
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by skye51 View Post
    I think I am a protestant because england is mostly a protestant country. The catholic church seems to have a lot of foreign nationals such as irish and polish. But it is our family tradition as my great grandad was a minister and I had other relatives as ministers. We attended church schools and sent to sunday school and other church activities such as youth clubs and girls brigade. so I am protestant purely because i was raised as one.
    Then i'll ask you what I asked MWC...

    "are you born again? Have you experienced a change in nature from rebellion against God to love for God and His Son Jesus Christ?
    Do you love His Word, the bible?"

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    Quote Originally Posted by just-me View Post
    I protest! About nothing!! And you'll like it because it's my right!!!! But agree. LOL
    That is awesome!
    just-me likes this.

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2013
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,761
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do you know why you are a protestant???

    In actuality, I am a protesting protestant who has protested against false doctrines that protestant religions have adopted from the RCC.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Protestant nun?
    By Crazylove in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 13th, 2014, 05:13 AM
  2. Catholic - Protestant
    By jujitz in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
  3. Protestant Nun
    By pvahey in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 19th, 2010, 11:01 AM
  4. Protestant Nun
    By RubberDuckie in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 10th, 2010, 11:23 PM
  5. why i am a protestant?
    By anita_raven87 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM