Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 148
Like Tree26Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

  1. #41
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    You see Jaybird? This kind of thing you just answered is the result of studying the Word with the intellect...It cannot be understood but by the Holy Spirit teaching. Too much intellectual studying here. We have to learn to lean on Him
    are you saying all those before 400 AD did not "lean on Him"? the sthite view did not exist before then.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,459
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    318

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Well.....The opinion is right! You can also read the book of Giants. Many history books are out there. They are not Word but they do support the Word. If the Word recommends them they must be all right hey?
    No, making mention of something is not necessarily recommending it, nor is any such mention a nod to divine inspiration. NONE of the apocryphal writings even claim divine inspiration, and neither are any of them written in Hebrew, plus, they teach immoral practices. Also, they clearly contradict the teachings of Scripture in places. The RCC canonized them mid 16th century because they supported some of their heresies.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2016
    Age
    92
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Both the new and old testaments speak of angels who can take on human form, yet over the agaes the book of Enoch has been discarded because it speaks of this and some men (not God) decide it just can't be.

    I have read posts spouting off about how cruel the Lord creator is because God allowed the flood killing what they insist was innocent wonderful people. They deny all the Psalms tell us of the characteristics of our Lord. If the book of Enoch reports what happened, we would be in deep doo doo if God hadn't protected us from the Nephilim.
    jaybird88 likes this.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2015
    Age
    83
    Posts
    6,983
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    You just proved my point, thank you. No one can do a contextual exegete of Genesis 4:11-6:1 to show that Genesis 6:2, 4 are fallen angels. Thank you for proving my point again, you when outside the context and outside the Bible. Stay in the context to prove your point, it CAN NOT BE DONE. That's why no one has even tried in the last two weeks.
    LOL I have done it twice.

  5. #45
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blik View Post
    Both the new and old testaments speak of angels who can take on human form, yet over the agaes the book of Enoch has been discarded because it speaks of this and some men (not God) decide it just can't be.

    I have read posts spouting off about how cruel the Lord creator is because God allowed the flood killing what they insist was innocent wonderful people. They deny all the Psalms tell us of the characteristics of our Lord. If the book of Enoch reports what happened, we would be in deep doo doo if God hadn't protected us from the Nephilim.
    thats exactly what the holy Father was doing in Numbers when He commanded all those be killed in Canaan. there was something not right in that land.

  6. #46


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,522
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Gen 6 sons of God and the context of the whole chapter
    remember the fall of man was was relative new with in the historical narrative. man was far from God but not as far God saw the sons of God doing wickedly who were the sons of God in gen 6? verses 1 to 7 say it was man no where is angels , messengers, angelic host mentioned anywhere in the context of gen 6 no where. and because words in Hebrew have a systemic range of meaning
    example :

    in the Hebrew sons of God

    God could mean :



    1. rulers, judges
    2. divine ones
    3. angels
    4. gods

      however the word used has to fix the context . Angel does not. God is the Context of Elohim in gen 6

      sons :
      son, male child

      1. grandson
      2. children (pl. - male and female)
      3. youth, young men (pl.)
      4. young (of animals)
      5. sons (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
      6. people (of a nation) (pl.)

        no where is angel in the word
    Ariel82 likes this.
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,233
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    202

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    Job 1:6
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

    were these humans to? how did they get into the heavens?
    Same way Enoch and Elijah got there.

  8. #48
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Same way Enoch and Elijah got there.
    their lives were lived here in this world.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,144
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
    FYI the Hebrew translation for Son of God is also human beings . Ben Hebrew for "son" of God Elohim

    contextual meaning of the chapter son of God means "People of HIS" created beings .

    sons of God means = works or special possessions of God

    angel: does also me Elohim but that would not fix in the context of chapter 6 of Genesis.

    you would have to change the context of gen 6


    man is the context man is the one being destroyed man is mentioned 7 times from verse 4 to 7

    angels would make no sense .
    Hallelujah!!! Someone understands the contextual setting of the sons of God in Genesis 6:2, 4. I do not understand why people feel the need to make them someone they are not and the context does not allow.

    I
    would not use Son of God, I would use son of God. Also to your point on man being mentioned 7 times from verse 4-7 notice how the NKJV, NASB, RSV, ASV uses men in 6:1 to refer to a specific group and in verse 3 uses man to refer to all men.
    John 6:63, 65 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life....65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

    I Corinthians 4:7 "For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

    Born in the Spirit & word, granted by the Father. EE-TEOW




  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,233
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    202

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    God Never called any Angel His son.

    Hebrew 1
    5For to which of the angels did God ever say,

    “You are my Son,
    today I have begotten you”?

    Or again,

    “I will be to him a father,
    and he shall be to me a son”?

    6And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,

    “Let all God’s angels worship him.”
    stonesoffire likes this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,233
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    202

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    2 Samuel 7v 12When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, 15but my steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. 16And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me.c Your throne shall be established forever.’” 17In accordance with all these words, and in accordance with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,144
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by valiant View Post
    LOL I have done it twice.
    Don't know why you are laughing because you have never done it, you think you have but you haven't stay in the context to do it, why? Because you can't, you are only fooling yourself with your pride of some special knowledge of Genesis 6:2, 4 that comes from outside of the context. The context, is the important part, not what you make it, think it is, but what it actually is. You have not went from Genesis 4:11-24 to show who they are, Genesis 4:25-5:2 to show who they are, with those two passages leading to who Genesis 6:2, 4 are talking about. Look at CS1's post it is an easier brake down of what I'm saying.

    Again you have not and can not stay in the context of these Scriptures and come out with fallen angels, unless you twist the context, lying or going outside the immediate context of the Scriptures and/or the overall context of the Bible. Which you have done, NOT the lying part because you believe it to be true.
    John 6:63, 65 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life....65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

    I Corinthians 4:7 "For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

    Born in the Spirit & word, granted by the Father. EE-TEOW




  13. #53
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,144
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by tanakh View Post
    If anyone wants to know more about the Nephilim and their origins the ancient Hebrew books of Enoch, Jubilees and Jasher
    give details. All three are in print. They are not in the standard Bible but Enoch is quoted and Jasher is mentioned.

    I believe that many Demons are the spirits of the Nephilim, and one of the reasons they possess people is because they once had bodies, although they will enter animals if they have to. This is just my opinion.
    ​Any book is not in the context of Genesis 4:11-6:7. We can take any book and say it supports the Bible and use it to make the Bible say what it does not say.
    John 6:63, 65 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life....65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

    I Corinthians 4:7 "For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

    Born in the Spirit & word, granted by the Father. EE-TEOW




  14. #54
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,144
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    this does not fit, flesh of its own kind knowing flesh of its own kind produces flesh of its own kind, not flesh of another kind. an evil person does not have a physical transformation into another being. we know cain was wicked, where does it say he changed physically, it doesnt. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

    they get in when Gen 6 says sons of the Most High.



    it fits just fine, if the daughters of men are of Adam and sons of Most High are fallen angels, the fallen ones try and corrupt the seed line of Adam - Noah - Jesus. Noah was without blemish so obviously one of these daughters made it through. this is the same argument on your side but flipped flopped. sons of Most High (seth) and daughters of man (cain), they (cain sons) attempt to corrupt the line of seth but one gets through and Noah is without blemish.
    same story, same agenda, same result but characters are changed. if the result does not fit for the angel view then the result does not fit for the seth view.


    not really it says sons of the Most High right there in the story.


    context says giants/nephimim/ non humans were produced. humans and humans dont do that


    Jude and Peter are part of the bible.


    there is no command that says you are judged for leaving your first estate, however there is a command to not mix of those not of your kind.

    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    The more I take one of your rabbit trails, the more you prove my point whether you believe it or not, because you will not deal with the context of the Scriptures in question. No more rabbit trails.
    John 6:63, 65 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life....65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

    I Corinthians 4:7 "For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

    Born in the Spirit & word, granted by the Father. EE-TEOW




  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,233
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    202

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    What we have masquerading as the book of Enoch is a fake and of demonic origin and not divinely inspired. It was written to make people either worship fallen angels or attribute modern advances to them and become paranoid conspiracy theorist.

    If you want to think it's scripture, it's your choice but I would warn anyone against it.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,144
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blik View Post
    Both the new and old testaments speak of angels who can take on human form, yet over the agaes the book of Enoch has been discarded because it speaks of this and some men (not God) decide it just can't be.

    I have read posts spouting off about how cruel the Lord creator is because God allowed the flood killing what they insist was innocent wonderful people. They deny all the Psalms tell us of the characteristics of our Lord. If the book of Enoch reports what happened, we would be in deep doo doo if God hadn't protected us from the Nephilim.
    First of all, angel took on human form as you said, they manifested as men, it never says they became men, they only appeared as men, never becoming man or taking on flesh.

    Second the book of Enoch blames what people think is about Genesis 6 on azazeal not man and How do know that God did not move men by the Holy Spirit to remove the book of Enoch? You don't. Where does it say that the Lord was doing anything because of nephilim in the context of the story in Genesis 6? It doesn't. If you believe that the Lord judging man in Genesis 6:3, 5-7 is to protect man from nephilim, you are showing why Paul by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in I Timothy 2:12, I Corinthian 14:34-35.

    You should believe what you read and quit reading what you believe into the Bible.
    John 6:63, 65 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life....65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

    I Corinthians 4:7 "For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?"

    Born in the Spirit & word, granted by the Father. EE-TEOW




  17. #57


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,522
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    many try to inject the Nephilim

    as meaning angels having sex with women in gen 6 then try to make it fix with Job two different contexts.
    Gen 6 = man

    Job 1: = devil and spiritual BEINGS COMING BEFORE God . Clearly they are not men because no man can see God and live.
    1 pet and jude have nothing to do with the

    Nephilim

    now you cannot Job to explain gen 6 nor Jude or 2pet.
    Gen 6 is the main text you have to use to prove
    Nephilim is more than just a might people

    the context does not support that even with Elohim having the meaning of Angel the word Elohim can mean God , Ben elohim which is man.

    the text translates
    The People of God his chosen had relations with heathen women and out of that relationship came a mighty people of war who did not worship God but did wickedness that Offended the Living God that HE destroyed them.

    JUst like HE did Sodom and other men. that is what 2 pet says and Jude.

    the message is not to us about sex with angels the message is man who offended the living God.
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  18. #58


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,522
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    First of all, angel took on human form as you said, they manifested as men, it never says they became men, they only appeared as men, never becoming man or taking on flesh.

    Second the book of Enoch blames what people think is about Genesis 6 on azazeal not man and How do know that God did not move men by the Holy Spirit to remove the book of Enoch? You don't. Where does it say that the Lord was doing anything because of nephilim in the context of the story in Genesis 6? It doesn't. If you believe that the Lord judging man in Genesis 6:3, 5-7 is to protect man from nephilim, you are showing why Paul by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in I Timothy 2:12, I Corinthian 14:34-35.

    You should believe what you read and quit reading what you believe into the Bible.

    likeness is not an actual. do a word study on likeness is not the "same as".
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  19. #59
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    The more I take one of your rabbit trails, the more you prove my point whether you believe it or not, because you will not deal with the context of the Scriptures in question. No more rabbit trails.
    call it what you want but it most definitely put lots of holes in your theory.

    if you truly think its just a bunch of rabbit trails why do you never respond to these points. we can go over them one at a time if you like, i tried that before and you still buried your head in the sand.

  20. #60
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Slaughter of the Nephilim, the forbidden race, by Gods people (O.T.)

    all good points CSI.
    Quote Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
    1 pet and jude have nothing to do with the

    Nephilim
    whats Jude talking about when He teaches of the men of Sodom going after "strange flesh"?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 114
    Last Post: November 16th, 2015, 03:37 PM
  2. Gods Mercy,Why the Jews are Still Gods Chosen People
    By kaylagrl in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1514
    Last Post: December 30th, 2014, 12:04 PM
  3. Gods Mercy, Why Antichrists are Gods Chosen People?
    By JamesFlash in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 15th, 2014, 10:21 AM
  4. Why Do People Slap Down the Race Card When Facing Rejection?
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: July 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
  5. Replies: 141
    Last Post: April 19th, 2013, 03:17 AM

Tags for this Thread