Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
Like Tree52Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    0

    Default House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    It has been said, that if you don't understand the difference between

    the House of Israel
    and
    the House of Judah,

    you will misinterpret over half of the Scriptures.

    Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    The house, or tribe, of Judah is where Jesus' seed-line came from. Judah was one of Jacob's twelve sons, and Jacob's name was changed to Israel, so both Jews and Israelites came from Jacob. Technically Jews are also Israelites, just a more specific tribe of Israel.
    psalm6819 likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JGIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2013
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by disciplemike View Post
    It has been said, that if you don't understand the difference between

    the House of Israel
    and
    the House of Judah,

    you will misinterpret over half of the Scriptures.
    Really?

    Who said it?

    Why should we worry about what whoever said?

    I believe it's more accurate to say that if one is not reading the Scriptures through the lens of the finished Work of Christ:


    • Who Jesus is
    • What He came to do
    • What that actually accomplished, and
    • Who those who believe in Christ are in Him


    . . . that they will misinterpret most of the Scriptures.



    Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are that you would be better served understanding the Perfect, Permanent High Priesthood of Christ of the Tribe of Judah and all that means rather than trying to slither in here with the 'Ten Lost Tribes Doctrine'.

    You asked .

    -JGIG
    1 Corinthians 2:2-5
    2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

    Love Goes Where Law Cannot . . .

    JoyfullyGrowingInGrace.wordpress.com

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    Really?

    Who said it?

    Why should we worry about what whoever said?

    I believe it's more accurate to say that if one is not reading the Scriptures through the lens of the finished Work of Christ:


    • Who Jesus is
    • What He came to do
    • What that actually accomplished, and
    • Who those who believe in Christ are in Him


    . . . that they will misinterpret most of the Scriptures.





    My thoughts are that you would be better served understanding the Perfect, Permanent High Priesthood of Christ of the Tribe of Judah and all that means rather than trying to slither in here with the 'Ten Lost Tribes Doctrine'.

    You asked .

    -JGIG
    good morning.
    take a look at this verse. do you understand WHY He said this:

    But he answered and said,
    I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    Matthew 15:24 (KJV, MBM)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by disciplemike View Post
    good morning.
    take a look at this verse. do you understand WHY He said this:

    But he answered and said,
    I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    Matthew 15:24 (KJV, MBM)
    Yes because it began in Jerusalem, but will spread to all peoples- for to Abraham God said, "All peoples on earth will be blessed through you." This is because Jesus came from Abraham, and Jesus, Who has sheep not of this pen (Gentiles not Jews), will eventually be Lord of both Jews and Gentiles. Jesus came for the Jews, His own people, but when they would not receive Him God switched to adoption. Now you did not have to be born an Israelite to be born of God. (John chapter one). So now, though I am physically a Gentile, I am spiritually a Jew/Israelite because I've been born of God. In Christ there is no male or female, slave nor free, circumcised or uncircumcised, etc. Jesus is now Lord of all.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrailofTruth View Post
    Jesus came for the Jews, His own people, but when they would not receive Him God switched to adoption. Now you did not have to be born an Israelite to be born of God.
    In this context, "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" are not "jews". He is saying, He was sent to the 10 tribes, (the Northern Kingdom of Israel), who were dispersed, and never came back. Most of the Jews, (the Southern Kingdom of Judah and Benjamin), did come back after 70 years in Babylon. Big difference.

  7. #7
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by disciplemike View Post
    It has been said, that if you don't understand the difference between

    the House of Israel
    and
    the House of Judah,

    you will misinterpret over half of the Scriptures.

    Your thoughts?
    I agree dm....it helps to have some understanding of God's people in history.
    ( I am new here and from what I have read in other posts I'm much in agreement with what you say )

  8. #8
    Senior Member fredoheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,636
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Genesis 32: 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

    Is not Jacob Israel? And his sons or “house of Israel” are the twelve tribes?

    thanks

  9. #9
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredoheaven View Post
    Genesis 32: 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

    Is not Jacob Israel? And his sons or “house of Israel” are the twelve tribes?

    thanks
    Yes they are ! what are you trying to say ?

  10. #10
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    The House of Israel is all 12 tribes, including the split tribes of joseph.

    All 12 tribes were represented in Judah when they returned from babylon. All 12 tribes were there when Jesus walked the earth.

    The house of Isreal was lost because they did not know God.. They thought they did, but they used religion, and did not understand, Proven by the fact they crucified their own messiah, and still to this day reject him (as a nation)

    psalm6819, JGIG, Utah and 2 others like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  11. #11
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    The House of Israel is all 12 tribes, including the split tribes of joseph.

    All 12 tribes were represented in Judah when they returned from babylon. All 12 tribes were there when Jesus walked the earth.

    The house of Isreal was lost because they did not know God.. They thought they did, but they used religion, and did not understand, Proven by the fact they crucified their own messiah, and still to this day reject him (as a nation)

    You are forgetting that they were separated into 2 Kingdoms. 2Kgs ch 17 will give you some insight....and how the house of Israel is lost until this day. Why would Jesus be sent to look for the lost sheep if they were present with the Jews ?
    Last edited by beta; August 10th, 2016 at 07:23 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,692
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    God gathered His lost sheep from Jew and gentile both because God has made a foolish nation to make jealous the children of Israel who broke the old Covenant and went whoring after other gods.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,692
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    My thoughts are that you would be better served understanding the Perfect, Permanent High Priesthood of Christ of the Tribe of Judah and all that means rather than trying to slither in here with the 'Ten Lost Tribes Doctrine'.

    You asked .

    -JGIG
    Thanks, explains alot.
    JGIG likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    You are forgetting that they were separated into 2 Kingdoms. 2Kgs ch 17 will give you some insight....and how the house of Israel is lost until this day. Why would Jesus be sent to look for the lost sheep if they were present with the Jews ?
    Ezra 6 - 16 Then the children of Israel, the priests and the Levites and the rest of the descendants of the captivity, celebrated the dedication of this house of God with joy. 17 And they offered sacrifices at the dedication of this house of God, one hundred bulls, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs, and as a sin offering for all Israel twelve male goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel. 18 They assigned the priests to their divisions and the Levites to their divisions, over the service of God in Jerusalem, as it is written in the Book of Moses.

    This is the restoration of th etemple after babylon. All 12 tribes are represented.

    When syria destroyed the northern kingdom. People from all tribes went to Judah and started to live there. Thus they came to be called jews because of the land they lived in.



    Just because the northern kingdon was destroyed does not mean all 12 tribes were not represented in Judah (which origionally started as the lower kingdom, and was comprised of sons of Judah, Sons of benjamin, and sons of Levi (priests) After the northern kingdom was destroyed, Judah itself was inhabited by sons of all 12 tribes.

    Which is way the term "jew" is also used to denote anyone who belonged to all 12 tribes..
    psalm6819 and emjcares like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    There was always a remnant in the land, true, but the majority are still scattered to this day.
    It was actually a brilliant plan by God.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2015
    Age
    83
    Posts
    7,828
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by disciplemike View Post
    It has been said, that if you don't understand the difference between

    the House of Israel
    and
    the House of Judah,

    you will misinterpret over half of the Scriptures.

    Your thoughts?
    LOL who said so?
    JGIG and Utah like this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by disciplemike View Post
    There was always a remnant in the land, true, but the majority are still scattered to this day.
    It was actually a brilliant plan by God.

    They have been scattered since Syria.. And will not be restored until they repent.. Israel has never repented, thats why they never were fully restored.

    Rom 11 says they will be restored when the blindness is removed, at the end of the time of gentile is fulfilled.
    MyaView likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  18. #18
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,440
    Rep Power
    87

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Jacob told Ephraim that he will become a multitude of nations. So there are more than one nation in Israel.

    Even if you look at Israel when they left Egypt you will see that there were other nations when they received the commandments from ABBA Father. They are all part of the nation Israel.

  19. #19
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    God gathered His lost sheep from Jew and gentile both because God has made a foolish nation to make jealous the children of Israel who broke the old Covenant and went whoring after other gods.
    Scripture tells us that Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel....no mention of Jew or Gentile as being lost Mat 10v5; 15v24.
    Did you read 2Kgs 17 ? It is Israel (not Jews) who served other gods/Baal/sungod, and do so to this day.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2016
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: House of Judah and/or House of Israel?

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheWhite View Post
    Jacob told Ephraim that he will become a multitude of nations. So there are more than one nation in Israel.

    Even if you look at Israel when they left Egypt you will see that there were other nations when they received the commandments from ABBA Father. They are all part of the nation Israel.
    and isn't it amazing, agriculturally speaking, that God has scattered His people throughout the world!
    Grandpa likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The House of Judah and the House of Israel
    By disciplemike in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 8th, 2016, 10:25 PM
  2. The White House to become the House of Ill Repute House.
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 18th, 2015, 06:17 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2015, 05:15 PM
  4. Excess: Pastor's $ 1.7 million house, and the extra tv and shoes in your house
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: October 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM
  5. House of Israel became Christian.
    By Cup-of-Ruin in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: December 19th, 2009, 10:51 PM