Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101
Like Tree71Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    What sins people commit Prove they were never born-again to begin with?
    Can a person be born-again more than once?
    heavenly_bound likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2016
    Age
    74
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    The correct translation is born from above.
    The hourglass of time has been tipped, and it’s later than you may think.
    HalleluYAH - praise ye the LORD!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarsToHear View Post
    The correct translation is born from above.
    What sins does a person commit which prevents them from being born from above?
    heavenly_bound likes this.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Denying Jesus.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2016
    Age
    74
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey-home View Post
    What sins does a person commit which prevents them from being born from above?
    The fallen angles left their place of habitation (heaven), and came to earth, not to be born of woman, but to seduce her instead.
    The hourglass of time has been tipped, and it’s later than you may think.
    HalleluYAH - praise ye the LORD!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    We should never judge another individual's heart and say that they were never born again to begin with. Of all judgments a Christian can make, that is the only judgment we are expressly told not to do by God.... Judge the heart.

    We do look at the fruit. If a Christian has fallen from God, then we should try to help them

    Nothing can prevent someone from coming to the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and escape the pollutions of this world except choosing not to accept Him.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,089
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey-home View Post
    What sins does a person commit which prevents them from being born from above?
    Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit...
    Laish likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    No. A person is only saved once. If they are saved over and over are they saved to begin with? Romans 10:9-10
    "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart
    that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a
    person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he
    confesses, resulting in salvation." The tricky part…. THE HEART….

    That is the beauty of it we cannot judge. I know I’m saved but really you do not. Nor do I know if you are saved. But second part is the confession. I confess so you have to believe me, if you confess I must believe you. I get to judge your fruit to see if you are someone I want to hang out with or not (good character is corrupted by bad company). But only G-d gets to judged who is saved and unsaved. If an unsaved man cries out Lord save me right before death and believes in his heart he is saved. It does not matter what he showed man 10 minutes before his death. Yes, the Word says we will bear fruit, but it does not say how much fruit even a dying man can say Y-shua is Lord and Scripture tells us only can a person led by the Spirit can say Y-shua is Lord. Does not the Scripture say the faith the size of a mustard seed?... Do I get to judge you, you bet ya… but not if you are saved or not? I promise you this… in my 25+ years of salvation there have been times I qualified (to my shame) as a person Paul said to kick out of the church, have nothing to do with him, if I would have died in those moments I would be with my Lord in heaven. I needed a lot more growing in Y-shua. I know some people today to look at their fruit I will not be their best buddy, but I pray for them to grow… one-person specific grow quickly…. But who doesn’t “love” to judge the fruit of another person? Of course her behavior is worse than mine…. Point is… She says she is saved so I must believe her. G-d will separate the wheat from the tares not me.

  9. #9
    Senior Member heavenly_bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    The gospel is not people centered! what is my business in trying to know if someone says he is a christian whereas he is not?
    The commission is to present the gospel and not to discern who is a born again!
    I think if we are busy with the commission, even those who are not fully Christians will finally see the truth!
    We are co workers with the only one (Holy Spirit) who knows who is who!
    wwjd_kilden, Grandpa and Gr8grace like this.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    No. A person is only saved once. If they are saved over and over are they saved to begin with? Romans 10:9-10
    "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart
    that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a
    person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he
    confesses, resulting in salvation." The tricky part…. THE HEART….

    That is the beauty of it we cannot judge. I know I’m saved but really you do not. Nor do I know if you are saved. But second part is the confession. I confess so you have to believe me, if you confess I must believe you. I get to judge your fruit to see if you are someone I want to hang out with or not (good character is corrupted by bad company). But only G-d gets to judged who is saved and unsaved. If an unsaved man cries out Lord save me right before death and believes in his heart he is saved. It does not matter what he showed man 10 minutes before his death. Yes, the Word says we will bear fruit, but it does not say how much fruit even a dying man can say Y-shua is Lord and Scripture tells us only can a person led by the Spirit can say Y-shua is Lord. Does not the Scripture say the faith the size of a mustard seed?... Do I get to judge you, you bet ya… but not if you are saved or not? I promise you this… in my 25+ years of salvation there have been times I qualified (to my shame) as a person Paul said to kick out of the church, have nothing to do with him, if I would have died in those moments I would be with my Lord in heaven. I needed a lot more growing in Y-shua. I know some people today to look at their fruit I will not be their best buddy, but I pray for them to grow… one-person specific grow quickly…. But who doesn’t “love” to judge the fruit of another person? Of course her behavior is worse than mine…. Point is… She says she is saved so I must believe her. G-d will separate the wheat from the tares not me.
    We are not right until we follow God's commandments. Jesus died for us, but, Jesus never gave us the right to claim obedience of God's commandments is optional unless we are willing to go to hell.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2016
    Age
    42
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bound View Post
    The gospel is not people centered! what is my business in trying to know if someone says he is a christian whereas he is not?
    The commission is to present the gospel and not to discern who is a born again!
    I think if we are busy with the commission, even those who are not fully Christians will finally see the truth!
    We are co workers with the only one (Holy Spirit) who knows who is who!
    Most people want to pretend they can be a Christian while continually choosing to disobey God's commandments. People see the truth and would rather burn in hell than to be like obedient, humble, and holy little children.

  12. #12
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey-home View Post
    What sins people commit Prove they were never born-again to begin with?
    Can a person be born-again more than once?
    I'd like to see your answer to that question first
    Grandpa, Blain and Utah like this.
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey-home View Post
    We are not right until we follow God's commandments. Jesus died for us, but, Jesus never gave us the right to claim obedience of God's commandments is optional unless we are willing to go to hell.

    I am a Torah thumper... I believe they are all for today and Y-shua enables us to keep them. But which commandment gives you the right of passage to heaven and which one decides you go to hell? Can a man on his death bead be saved then? He has not had the time give by G-d to keep commandments.
    Yahshua likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Tinkerbell725's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,030
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    They claim to know God but by their actions they deny Him. Pray for discernment to see the wolves in sheep's clothing. The fruits of the Holy Spirit are also good indications.
    oldethennew likes this.
    "Only a person who risks is free"

    "Honor God, eat, play, laugh"

  15. #15
    Senior Member heavenly_bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey-home View Post
    We are not right until we follow God's commandments. Jesus died for us, but, Jesus never gave us the right to claim obedience of God's commandments is optional unless we are willing to go to hell.

    says who? The word makes it clear that the perfect one stood in to obey God and keep his commandments in my stead and on my behalf!
    The same way He didn't die for Himself, but on my behalf, He did not obey God for Himself but on my behalf!
    Blain likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey-home View Post
    We are not right until we follow God's commandments. Jesus died for us, but, Jesus never gave us the right to claim obedience of God's commandments is optional unless we are willing to go to hell.
    I really no interest in chiming in these conversations but seriously...

    For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.
    Romans 3:20 NLT
    wwjd_kilden, mcubed and Utah like this.
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  17. #17
    Senior Member heavenly_bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    I am a Torah thumper... I believe they are all for today and Y-shua enables us to keep them. But which commandment gives you the right of passage to heaven and which one decides you go to hell? Can a man on his death bead be saved then? He has not had the time give by G-d to keep commandments.
    if All Jesus did was to enable us keep Gods commandments, why did he die then? He was sinless remember?
    wwjd_kilden and Utah like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Question for all? If you were accused of being a Christian where you work, would there be enough evidence to convict you? Or would you be found "innocent of all charges"?
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  19. #19
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    Question for all? If you were accused of being a Christian where you work, would there be enough evidence to convict you? Or would you be found "innocent of all charges"?
    Haha, who cares?
    Grandpa and Utah like this.
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: How do we Know When a Person who Claims to be Born-Again was Never Born-Again?

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bound View Post
    if All Jesus did was to enable us keep Gods commandments, why did he die then? He was sinless remember?

    Such a great question… I’m so excited you asked. The Law is G-d’s standard for righteousness. No one can keep it right? We all fall short of His glory, except for Y-shua. Who is His Glory, His perfect Torah. But… in G-ds GREAT G-dness He knew I would fail, so in Torah He made a provision of the sacrificial Lamb that would take away the sins of the world. Y-shua. But yah the deep wisdom of G-d. Y-shua fulfilled the sacrificial Law while here as 100% man. The G-d-Man!! Which is unto salvation. Without the blood there is no repentance of sin. Y-shua alone is Messiah. See, He is Messiah Ben Yosef, and He is Messiah Ben David. See, we are not looking for two Messiahs but one. When He comes back He will fulfill the latter. Jeremiah 31:34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." This Scripture is the here and the not yet. Yes Messiah remembers our sin no more those of us who are in Him. Yet, we still have to teach our neighbor about Him. It will completely come to pass when He returns as Messiah Ben David. Until then while people do what is right in their own eyes and are not Hoy as G-d is Holy. How do we know what G-d calls Holiness unless we know what His standard is for Holiness which is His Perfect Law, that is sweeter than honey.? We do not live by the Law for Salvation… Well we do if you get Messiah fulfills the Law, but He enables us to live by “it” morally, holy to simply make Him happy… and simply have a better life…. Ever tried to live as a “back sliding” Christian? It sucks! I am forgiven and will go heaven because of Him but I still pay for it in this life, and thank G-d most of the time He is merciful to let me suffer the full consequence of my ungodliness[jr1] in this life.

    It seems too much to type in a response. Knowing Him, He is the Savior of my soul… Knowing Him I want to be like Him… Salvation and the Law… that simple….

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Born Again - Born of the Holy Ghost
    By Cerrity in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 29th, 2015, 09:13 AM
  2. A Born Again Person Can Not Become Dead OSAS is Biblical
    By BlackPlatypus in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: September 11th, 2014, 12:00 AM
  3. Born Again Seeks Born Againess
    By KingJamesbible in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 17th, 2014, 08:50 PM
  4. Can a person be Born again - and not beleive in the Trinity
    By thecreationtutor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2014, 12:54 AM
  5. Children are born believers in God, academic claims
    By AgeofKnowledge in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 26th, 2013, 08:34 AM