Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 2318
Like Tree2339Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: "replacement theology" - what is it?

  1. #841
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,867
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by KJV1611 View Post
    A person is not antisemtic because that person understands the people in Israel today are not God's people.
    Also, would you agree that saying the holocaust didn't happen would be antisemitic?
    kaylagrl and Desertsrose like this.

  2. #842
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by KJV1611 View Post
    The Jews (if they really are Jews) have really hoodwinked the "evangelical" crowd. Most of what they believe comes from Jews and Jesuits purposely trying to decieve them... after all they are the ENIMIES of the gospel.
    Actually, many of us came to believe as we do because we read the scriptures and were instructed by the Holy Spirit. Many of us have read nothing by Scofield, the Jews, or Jesuits.
    PennEd, kaylagrl and Desertsrose like this.

  3. #843
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2011
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,899
    Rep Power
    143

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    Also, would you agree that saying the holocaust didn't happen would be antisemitic?
    Why would it be?

  4. #844
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by NarrowRoadDisciple View Post
    Actually, many of us came to believe as we do because we read the scriptures and were instructed by the Holy Spirit. Many of us have read nothing by Scofield, the Jews, or Jesuits.
    Let me clarify, nothing by Jewish propaganda, since most of the bible was written by Jewish people.
    Desertsrose likes this.

  5. #845
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,867
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Why would it be?
    Yeah. The German townspeople the American Generals forced to see the atrocities didn't think it was antisemitic either:

  6. #846
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    10,815
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Why would it be?
    Whoa,whoa,whoa!!! What are you saying here?! Could you clarify this?
    PennEd likes this.

  7. #847
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    10,815
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Thanks to whoever gave me the rep.
    Desertsrose likes this.

  8. #848
    Senior Member Bladerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,764
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by NarrowRoadDisciple View Post
    Actually, many of us came to believe as we do because we read the scriptures and were instructed by the Holy Spirit. Many of us have read nothing by Scofield, the Jews, or Jesuits.

    The Jesuits are a totally different from the Jewish community even though the first Jesuits were Crypto Jews (those Jews who convert to another religion)

    The Jewish People (Israel) are GOD's Timepiece. The increasing levels of antisemitism are prophetic in nature and show we are increasingly in the endtimes.
    kaylagrl likes this.
    Like the Bereans in Acts 17:11 (KJV) "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

    With Jesus Christ as your savior, The Holy Spirit will teach you if you are willing to learn from Him. He will guide you in daily activities if you will listen to Him. He will protect and maintain your soul in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit if you will let Him.

  9. #849
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    The Jesuits are a totally different from the Jewish community even though the first Jesuits were Crypto Jews (those Jews who convert to another religion)

    The Jewish People (Israel) are GOD's Timepiece. The increasing levels of antisemitism are prophetic in nature and show we are increasingly in the endtimes.
    Oh I know who the Jesuits are sadly... I was just responding directly to the other person's post.
    The Jesuits are the strong arm of the RCC

  10. #850
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    It's important to keep hammering home the fact that those that go down this replacement theology road inevitably end up as antisemitic at some point.

    They cannot reckon why the Jews are back in part of the land God supposedly took from them after giving it to them forever.

    Israel is there. TODAY! You can get on a plane and go there. Their presence is an afront to the Replacement theologists.

    So they come up with ludicrous explanations, like the Jews there today aren't really blood jews. Some of them, hate the Word so much, and extend that hatred toward the Jews to the point they deny the holocaust.

    To those that have been swayed by this satanic doctrine, I truly want to ask you if you really want to throw your lot in with a person that denies the murder of 6 million jews, a mere 70-75 yrs ago!?

    You cannot explain antisemitism, beyond it being satanic. There are between 13 and 15 million Jews worldwide, out of 7.2 BILLION people, yet even these few are too many for satan, who hates them, and has tried time and time again to wipe them out.

    It causes me to wonder if Jesus as a Jewish man just so happened to visit, as a Christophany to any number of churches today, would He be rejected just because He's Jewish?

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  11. #851
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,317
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post

    It causes me to wonder if Jesus as a Jewish man just so happened to visit, as a Christophany to any number of churches today, would He be rejected just because He's Jewish?
    Jesus s a Jewish man was rejected by the church but he changed their mind, time and time again

    You can look at Jesus and His discussion with the lady at the well for one example...

  12. #852
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    John also says the chief priests and the Pharisees conspired to kill the Jesus. makes no mention of "the Jews" or "the nation". also James the brother of Jesus lead the 1st Jerusalem church, i dont think it was a gentile church.

    im sure there were many Jews that would not receive Him, there were also many non Jews as well.
    Again, your "many" can mean 100, 500, but not the significant number of Israel population.

    Israel was always unbelieving nation.

    Priests "conspired", but average people tried to stone Him several times, remember. The same people who were listening to His teachings.

    Also, crowd shouted "hosanna" when he arrived to Jerusalem. But when they saw He did not give them the physical kingdom, the crowd shouted "crucify him!".

    There are many witnesses in the Bible, that Israel is the people of hard heart and always inclining to the evil.
    Last edited by trofimus; December 13th, 2016 at 03:02 AM.
    Let the brotherly love stay * Láska bratrská ať zůstává

  13. #853
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    It's important to keep hammering home the fact that those that go down this replacement theology road inevitably end up as antisemitic at some point.
    Palestinians are also semites. I hope you are not against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    They cannot reckon why the Jews are back in part of the land God supposedly took from them after giving it to them forever.
    Cannot we really?
    Israel is back because of sionism, because Europe felt guilty (and rightly so) for all the evil Jews had to go through and because the UN resolution gave them the state.

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    Israel is there. TODAY! You can get on a plane and go there. Their presence is an afront to the Replacement theologists.
    So?

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    So they come up with ludicrous explanations, like the Jews there today aren't really blood jews.
    Well, 2000 years are 2000 years. Every bloodline gets mixed in such a long period. But actually this is not the argument of any replacement Christian.
    It may be for some genealogist, maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    Some of them, hate the Word so much, and extend that hatred toward the Jews to the point they deny the holocaust.
    Please, calm down. It seems the hate is rather on your side. Do not be defending the unbelieving Jews so much that you attack and hate Christians, the true people of God.

    You will have to spend the eternity with us, replacement Christians. Not with unbelieving Israel. So you should prepare for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    To those that have been swayed by this satanic doctrine, I truly want to ask you if you really want to throw your lot in with a person that denies the murder of 6 million jews, a mere 70-75 yrs ago!?
    Not sure what this is supposed to mean. But again, calm down.

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    You cannot explain antisemitism, beyond it being satanic. There are between 13 and 15 million Jews worldwide, out of 7.2 BILLION people, yet even these few are too many for satan, who hates them, and has tried time and time again to wipe them out.
    Replacement theology is not antisemitism. Its saying Jews have the promise fulfilled in Christ, their savior.
    Let the brotherly love stay * Láska bratrská ať zůstává

  14. #854
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by trofimus View Post
    Again, your "many" can mean 100, 500, but not the significant number of Israel population.

    Israel was always unbelieving nation.

    Priests "conspired", but average people tried to stone Him several times, remember. The same people who were listening to His teachings.

    Also, crowd shouted "hosanna" when he arrived to Jerusalem. But when they saw He did not give them the physical kingdom, the crowd shouted "crucify him!".

    There are many witnesses in the Bible, that Israel is the people of hard heart and always inclining to the evil.
    how many non Jews followed Jesus?
    the essenes and nazarenes were two groups of Jews that didnt reject Jesus. John either was an essene or studied with them and he was the only one that was expecting Jesus, he knew exactly who he was when he first saw him. ever wonder why he didnt follow in his fathers footsteps and teach in the temple? theres a reason. and the nazarenes (an essene sect that permitted marrage) was at mt carmal, which is right next to where Jesus was from.
    leadership is always corrupt, Christian, Jew, makes no difference. the leaders dont speak for the nation. if you want the Christian leadership to speak for you be my guest as it wasnt long after Jesus ascended that Christian leaders decided to kill other Christians, Jews, annihilate entire villages, make bibles unavailable to common people and all the rest, those leaders dont speak for me and i dont think those are the fruits of the message of Jesus and the 12, Jesus and the 12 were all Jews btw.
    Constantine was the first big voice of "the Jews did it" philosophy, he was a sun worshiping pagan that killed his own son and had his wife boiled alive, i wonder what that feels like? not the example i would follow.

  15. #855
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    how many non Jews followed Jesus?
    the essenes and nazarenes were two groups of Jews that didnt reject Jesus. John either was an essene or studied with them and he was the only one that was expecting Jesus, he knew exactly who he was when he first saw him. ever wonder why he didnt follow in his fathers footsteps and teach in the temple? theres a reason. and the nazarenes (an essene sect that permitted marrage) was at mt carmal, which is right next to where Jesus was from.
    leadership is always corrupt, Christian, Jew, makes no difference. the leaders dont speak for the nation. if you want the Christian leadership to speak for you be my guest as it wasnt long after Jesus ascended that Christian leaders decided to kill other Christians, Jews, annihilate entire villages, make bibles unavailable to common people and all the rest, those leaders dont speak for me and i dont think those are the fruits of the message of Jesus and the 12, Jesus and the 12 were all Jews btw.
    Constantine was the first big voice of "the Jews did it" philosophy, he was a sun worshiping pagan that killed his own son and had his wife boiled alive, i wonder what that feels like? not the example i would follow.
    Constantine or not,still the true is that Israel is unbelieving nation and always has been.

    Both leadership and the common people.

    "Jews did it" - what is meant by "it"?
    Let the brotherly love stay * Láska bratrská ať zůstává

  16. #856
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Jeremiah 7

    “‘Hear the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord. 3 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place. 4 Do not trust in deceptive words and say, “This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord!” 5 If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, 6 if you do not oppress the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, 7then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your ancestors for ever and ever.8
    But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless.
    9 “‘Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury,[a] burn incense to Baaland follow other gods you have not known, 10 and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, “We are safe”—safe to do all these detestable things? 11 Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the Lord.
    12 “‘Go now to the place in Shiloh where I first made a dwelling for my Name, and see what I did to it because of the wickedness of my people Israel. 13 While you were doing all these things, declares the Lord, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you, but you did not answer. 14 Therefore, what I did to Shiloh I will now do to the house that bears my Name, the temple you trust in, the place I gave to you and your ancestors. 15 I will thrust you from my presence, just as I did all your fellow Israelites, the people of Ephraim.’
    16 “So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you. 17 Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18 The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes to offer to the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to arouse my anger. 19 But am I the one they are provoking? declares the Lord. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame?
    20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: My anger and my wrath will be poured out on this place—on man and beast, on the trees of the field and on the crops of your land—and it will burn and not be quenched.

  17. #857
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by trofimus View Post
    Constantine or not,still the true is that Israel is unbelieving nation and always has been.

    Both leadership and the common people.

    "Jews did it" - what is meant by "it"?
    Jesus, the 12, the Essenes, James and the 1st church of Jerusalem, all Jews, all believers, all part of the nation of Israel, your saying they were all not part of it? how does that work?
    where does Jesus teach one bust denounce Israel to follow Him?
    "Jews did it" - the Jews killed Jesus. yes the pharisees, the leadership and high priest were all Jewish, but they did not speak for the Jews that were believers, and the bible says there were many.

  18. #858
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Jeremiah 7

    21
    “‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Go ahead, add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices and eat the meat yourselves! 22 For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, 23 but I gave them this command:Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you. 24 But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward. 25 From the time your ancestors left Egypt until now, day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets. 26But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their ancestors.’

    27 “When you tell them all this, they will not listen to you; when you call to them, they will not answer. 28 Therefore say to them, ‘This is the nation that has not obeyed the Lord its God or responded to correction. Truth has perished; it has vanished from their lips.

  19. #859
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    Jesus, the 12, the Essenes, James and the 1st church of Jerusalem, all Jews, all believers, all part of the nation of Israel, your saying they were all not part of it? how does that work?
    where does Jesus teach one bust denounce Israel to follow Him?
    "Jews did it" - the Jews killed Jesus. yes the pharisees, the leadership and high priest were all Jewish, but they did not speak for the Jews that were believers, and the bible says there were many.
    In unbelieving nation were some individuals who accepted Christ.

    Look, I live in the Czech republic. Its one of the most atheistic country in the world. There are about 2% of protestants.
    Very similar situation. Am I not Czech when I am Christian? Of course I am
    Is the Czech republic a believing nation because there are some Christians? No.


    Yes, Jews killed Jesus. Its in the Bible.
    Last edited by trofimus; December 13th, 2016 at 05:37 AM.
    Let the brotherly love stay * Láska bratrská ať zůstává

  20. #860
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: "replacement theology" - what is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    So they come up with ludicrous explanations, like the Jews there today aren't really blood jews. Some of them, hate the Word so much, and extend that hatred toward the Jews to the point they deny the holocaust.

    To those that have been swayed by this satanic doctrine, I truly want to ask you if you really want to throw your lot in with a person that denies the murder of 6 million jews, a mere 70-75 yrs ago!?
    This is sickening .. and nothing more than a desperate appeal to the unlearned. How dare anybody suggest that all people today need the gospel .. including the Jews. There's only one way to say what I am going to say. You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 189
    Last Post: July 12th, 2016, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: March 1st, 2016, 05:46 AM
  3. Beware of the new "Biblical theology" movement.
    By just-me in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM
  4. Replies: 158
    Last Post: August 21st, 2014, 01:32 AM
  5. Olive Tree Theology vs Replacement Theology?
    By WomanLovesTX in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 7th, 2012, 07:42 AM