Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
Like Tree12Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

  1. #21
    HisHolly
    Guest

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Those close to God always got accused of being wrong.. John the B, Jesus, the disciples at Pentecost were "drunk" , Joseph, Hannah, I can go on... Just BC they did something different than someone else or what they considered right.... We have a whole Bible of accounts where each were unique.. it's weird how folks still act like they know God so well to say everyone who isn't stiff is a fraud..
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,638
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Strange thread.

    Prove all, can come from different angles.


    Psalm 34:8 NKJV
    [8] Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

    There is an aspect in which we have to prove to ourselves that the Lord is good.
    He knows that already but we need to put that to the test for our own benefit and for
    our own spiritual growth. If someone tells you to grab hold of a rope and hang on, you
    will want to test that rope first maybe give it a tug, then gradually put on more weight.
    I believe God challenges us to taste and see that He is a good Father.





    1 Thessalonians 5:18-22 NKJV
    [18] in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
    [19] Do not quench the Spirit. [20] Do not despise prophecies. [21] Test all things;
    hold fast what is good. [22] Abstain from every form of evil.



    Then there is testing of things, of right and wrong, discernment, not just falling
    for every political spin, every doctrine. This is becoming more and more important
    as the world seems to increasingly try to turn right and wrong upside down.





    2 Corinthians 13:3-6 NKJV
    [3] since you seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, who is not weak toward you,
    but mighty in you. [4] For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the
    power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power
    of God toward you. [5] Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith.
    Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-unless
    indeed you are disqualified. [6] But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.


    Then there is the examine and testing of ourselves, not in a condemning way for there is
    no condemnation in Christ, there is conviction leading to repentance but that is different
    to condemnation.



    Another idea came to mind, there is the kneading of dough and the proving of bread.
    If enough kneading is done and the ingredients are correct then given time the bread
    rises. Isn't that a great picture of God working on us.
    Magenta likes this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Now back to you wanderer. I already addressed 1 Thessalonians 5:21,22. And I don't need you to show me how to use a Concordance or a Lexicon. I will now give you the short answer or point of 1 Thessalonians 5:21,22 according to the context. You think that the verses are teaching that one is suppose to "eat the meat of what someone says and throw away the bones as in throw away the bad part that does not agree with scripture.

    The Apostle Paul is saying to hold fast to what you have already been taught that is already good/truth in the first place. This can be backed up by such verses as Hebrews 10:23 and 1 Peter 3:15. In other words, when you know the truth you can spot the false. This is not rocket science and I almost forgot to say that if you read the whole chapter of 1 Thessalonians 5 this idea is clearly brought out because at vs4,5 (for example) "But you brethren, are not in darkness but we are all sons of the light and day."

    Now onto the videos and the statements maid by these heretical teachers. You have told me three times that I'm taking them out of context. You also said, "I should attend their meetings?" I have, besides, I don't have to attend a porno movie threater to know what is going on in there. Plus the fact that the videos speak for themselves and if you want to be a part of that conduct, that's your business. And even if you don't want to be a part of it, your still supporting their heretical teachings where they "blaspheme" the Son of God and take captive unsuspecting people like yourself that does not have one lick of discernement to spot fleece from fur. And don't tell me what I know or don't know.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  4. #24
    Senior Member wanderer6059's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    989
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Now back to you wanderer. I already addressed 1 Thessalonians 5:21,22. And I don't need you to show me how to use a Concordance or a Lexicon. I will now give you the short answer or point of 1 Thessalonians 5:21,22 according to the context. You think that the verses are teaching that one is suppose to "eat the meat of what someone says and throw away the bones as in throw away the bad part that does not agree with scripture.

    The Apostle Paul is saying to hold fast to what you have already been taught that is already good/truth in the first place. This can be backed up by such verses as Hebrews 10:23 and 1 Peter 3:15. In other words, when you know the truth you can spot the false. This is not rocket science and I almost forgot to say that if you read the whole chapter of 1 Thessalonians 5 this idea is clearly brought out because at vs4,5 (for example) "But you brethren, are not in darkness but we are all sons of the light and day."

    Now onto the videos and the statements maid by these heretical teachers. You have told me three times that I'm taking them out of context. You also said, "I should attend their meetings?" I have, besides, I don't have to attend a porno movie threater to know what is going on in there. Plus the fact that the videos speak for themselves and if you want to be a part of that conduct, that's your business. And even if you don't want to be a part of it, your still supporting their heretical teachings where they "blaspheme" the Son of God and take captive unsuspecting people like yourself that does not have one lick of discernement to spot fleece from fur. And don't tell me what I know or don't know.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    so you quote two scripture out of context and think we can move on lol again i will post this till you can actually refute the context, because you haven't. and the two verse you mention do not back it, there about the profession of faith in adverse circumstances, while the verse i mentioned in context is about testing scripture.

    context of the verses is a living manner in preparation for the day of the Lord. 14-22 can be isolated as 9 separate but connected, separate in the face that each one is defined by a trait that is not dependent apone the other. while connected as aspect to be lived out in antisipation of the day of the Lord. plus you also have to take the general context of why the letter was written. false teachers were throwing this church into chaos. hence the use of kalos, because the church there was to look on the outward teachings and examine them against the Word of God.

    Prove all things - Subject everything submitted to you to be believed to the proper test. The word here used (δοκιμάζετε dokimazete), is one that is properly applicable to metals, referring to the art of the assayer, by which the true nature and value of the metal is tested; see notes, 1 Corinthians 3:13. This trial was usually made by fire. The meaning here is, that they were carefully to examine everything proposed for their belief. They were not to receive it on trust; to take it on assertion; to believe it because it was urged with vehemence, zeal, or plausibility. In the various opinions and doctrines which were submitted to them for adoption, they were to apply the appropriate tests from reason and the word of God, and what they found to be true they were to embrace; what was false they were to reject. Christianity does not require people to disregard their reason, or to be credulous. It does not expect them to believe anything because others say it is so. It does not make it a duty to receive as undoubted truth all that synods and councils have decreed; or all that is advanced by the ministers of religion. It is, more than any other form of religion, the friend of free inquiry, and would lead people everywhere to understand the reason of the opinions which they entertain; compare Acts 17:11-12; 1 Peter 3:15.

    20Do not treat prophecies with contempt, 21but test all things. Hold fast to what is good. 22Abstain from every form of evil.…

    Text Analysis
    Strong's Transliteration Greek English Morphology
    3956 [e] panta πάντα all things Adj-ANP
    1161 [e] de δὲ however Conj
    1381 [e] dokimazete δοκιμάζετε, test. V-PMA-2P
    3588 [e] to τὸ to the Art-ANS
    2570 [e] kalon καλὸν good Adj-ANS
    2722 [e] katechete κατέχετε· hold fast. V-PMA-2P




    dokimazo: I put to the test, prove, examine
    Original Word: δοκιμάζω
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: dokimazo
    Phonetic Spelling: (dok-im-ad'-zo)
    Short Definition: I put to the test, prove, examine
    Definition: I put to the test, prove, examine; I distinguish by testing, approve after testing; I am fit.HELPS Word-studies
    Cognate: 1381 dokimázō (from 1384 /dókimos, "approved") – properly, to try (test) to show something is acceptable (real, approved); put to the test to reveal what is good (genuine). See 1384 (dokimos).
    1381 /dokimázō ("to approve by testing") is done to demonstrate what is good, i.e. passes the necessary test. 1381 (dokimázō) does not focus on disproving something (i.e. to show it is bad).


    Strong's Concordance
    katechó: to hold fast, hold back
    Original Word: κατέχω
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: katechó
    Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ekh'-o)
    Short Definition: I hold fast, bind, restrain
    Definition: (a) I hold fast, bind, arrest, (b) I take possession of, lay hold of, (c) I hold back, detain, restrain, (d) I hold a ship, keep its head.


    Strong's Concordance
    kalos: beautiful, good
    Original Word: καλός, ή, όν
    Part of Speech: Adjective
    Transliteration: kalos
    Phonetic Spelling: (kal-os')
    Short Definition: beautiful, good, worthy
    Definition: beautiful, as an outward sign of the inward good, noble, honorable character; good, worthy, honorable, noble, and seen to be so.

    if you really want me to pick apart the verses you mentioned just ask, i will show you how wrong you are...





  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Listen you Biblically clueless wof'er, it's not a matter of refuting you or anybody else for that matter. It's a matter of understanding the context. You said "eat the meat and spit out the bones." I'm trying to school you that it does not necessarily mean what you think it means just because you post someone elses commentary on the verse and their understanding of certain words by using a Lexicon it has to be the right interpretation in your mind.

    My bottom line in all of this is the fact that your boy is flat out a false and heretical teacher and you keep saying I'm taking him out of context or why did I not attend his meetings. This in spite of the fact I gave you quotes and videos proving what kind of man your following. Besides, were past the "eat the meat and spit out the bones" issue as proved by this particular thread I started about what they teach, so deal with it and if not you do what you have to do. And btw, on the sites I provided you can click on any wof teacher to see what they say and teach. I've been at this since the very early 1980's when wof was starting to peak and where were you? Let's see, your 28 which means you were still somewhere in the far reaches of Gods mind until you popped out in 1988 not even saying googoo yet.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  6. #26
    Senior Member wanderer6059's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    989
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Listen you Biblically clueless wof'er, it's not a matter of refuting you or anybody else for that matter. It's a matter of understanding the context. You said "eat the meat and spit out the bones." I'm trying to school you that it does not necessarily mean what you think it means just because you post someone elses commentary on the verse and their understanding of certain words by using a Lexicon it has to be the right interpretation in your mind.

    My bottom line in all of this is the fact that your boy is flat out a false and heretical teacher and you keep saying I'm taking him out of context or why did I not attend his meetings. This in spite of the fact I gave you quotes and videos proving what kind of man your following. Besides, were past the "eat the meat and spit out the bones" issue as proved by this particular thread I started about what they teach, so deal with it and if not you do what you have to do. And btw, on the sites I provided you can click on any wof teacher to see what they say and teach. I've been at this since the very early 1980's when wof was starting to peak and where were you? Let's see, your 28 which means you were still somewhere in the far reaches of Gods mind until you popped out in 1988 not even saying googoo yet.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Bluto, calling me biblically clueless because you don't understand the context of the Greek words, or words in general is kinda getting sad... you post no solid argument for your post, half of what you say these people say, especially Hagin (looked it up, you quote things in hid books that are not even there) is not even true. then you try and since you can't mount any good contextual augment, go to my age. good job you are just like the old men timothy probably had to deal with. thinking you know more just because you are "older". bluto i pray your eyes are opened to the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and you soften that hard heart of yours and give this subject a chance, look into it with your own understanding, not what some website says...
    Denadii likes this.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Ok How is this heresy. You said it was prophesy. "The following is a prophecy by copeland: "Don't be disturbed when peiple put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer's Vocie of Victory 15, 2 (February 1987). "

    How is that heresy? Explain it as though I was a ten year old. If you are able?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    What happend wanderer, did I hit a nerve? What do you mean, "stop trying to harass me?" Is the following prophecy by copeland true or false?

    "The following is a prophecy by copeland: "Don't be disturbed when peiple put you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of Me, should they not speak that way of you? The more you get to be like Me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They crucified Me for claiming that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in Me. Hallelujah." (Kenneth Copeland, Take Time to Pray, Believer's Vocie of Victory 15, 2 (February 1987)."

    Did Jesus Christ claim to be God? Or let me put it another way? Why was Jesus Christ at His trial accused of blasphemy? What was the blasphemy wanderer? And btw, I have the whole prophecy copeland made above where he is into "Transmigration" which means people will be in their kitchen baking brownies and they will be transmigrated to Africa or some other country to share the gospel with them and then they will return back to their kitchen. This is the kind of heretical false prophet you are following.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Bluto..Do you know anything?
    transmigration

    [trans-mahy-grey-shuh n, tranz-]





    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun 1. the act of transmigrating.

    2. the passage of a soul after death into another body; metempsychosis.



    When a Christian dies he goes to be with God. He has a spirit body. Transmigration. Do some research before shooting your mouth off.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Bluto..Do you know anything?
    transmigration



    [trans-mahy-grey-shuh n, tranz-]





    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun 1. the act of transmigrating.

    2. the passage of a soul after death into another body; metempsychosis.



    When a Christian dies he goes to be with God. He has a spirit body. Transmigration. Do some research before shooting your mouth off.
    The following are two paragraph's at the end of kenneth copland's 1987 prophecy word for word.

    "Don't get disturbed because it's not happening just like you though it was going to. My strategy is right, i know My business, saith the Lord. I am moving in ways right now that you don't know of. The lights will come together all over the world, a light5 in this country connecting with a prayer light of a person in another country.

    Oh, ther's no time nor distance in the Spirit realm. You'll be connected together at times like you've never witnessed before. Suddenly you'll be standing in that country, and suddenly you'll deliver a message and then suddenly you'll be right back in your kitchen again. Oh, I have some outstanding things, saith the Lord."

    So in other words, one will be transmigrated from one country to another and then returned again back in the kitchen where you started in time to finish baking your brownies? Transmigrated: "to move or pass from one place to another. to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there. Transmigrating denadii does not necessarily mean your dead or your soul is going somewhere.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  10. #30
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    1Th 5:20  Do not despise prophecies.

    This comes right before prove all things which is to test.  
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  11. #31
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    I don't think Jesus ever plainly said I am God. But, the point of those who left Him was that He said He was God or didn't deny it anyway. I'd have to look.

    I never did follow Kenneth Copeland.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    The following are two paragraph's at the end of kenneth copland's 1987 prophecy word for word.

    "Don't get disturbed because it's not happening just like you though it was going to. My strategy is right, i know My business, saith the Lord. I am moving in ways right now that you don't know of. The lights will come together all over the world, a light5 in this country connecting with a prayer light of a person in another country.

    Oh, ther's no time nor distance in the Spirit realm. You'll be connected together at times like you've never witnessed before. Suddenly you'll be standing in that country, and suddenly you'll deliver a message and then suddenly you'll be right back in your kitchen again. Oh, I have some outstanding things, saith the Lord."

    So in other words, one will be transmigrated from one country to another and then returned again back in the kitchen where you started in time to finish baking your brownies? Transmigrated: "to move or pass from one place to another. to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there. Transmigrating denadii does not necessarily mean your dead or your soul is going somewhere.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Ok I read it ...Where is the heresy?

  13. #33
    Senior Member Locutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2017
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    It means you use google....

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Ok I read it ...Where is the heresy?
    Did Jesus Christ claim to be God? Copeland's prophecy who he says is from the Lord God says Jesus never claimed to be God. Is this prophecy true or false?

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Did Jesus Christ claim to be God? Copeland's prophecy who he says is from the Lord God says Jesus never claimed to be God. Is this prophecy true or false?

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    I've already answered that question to you Bluto. You have to pay attention....Find out what is said before you think of an answer.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    I've already answered that question to you Bluto. You have to pay attention....Find out what is said before you think of an answer.
    This is a yes or no answer and I'm not going to run all over the landscape to find it. At least give me the post #.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,770
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    did jesus, get to heaven ,by staying in death, strange thing trying ,to explain someone elses reasoning, yet forget, about forming there own reasoning or belief. if reasoning or logic is represented by words, then why is there a bible to read.


    John 1: The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 He was in the beginning with God.3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
    6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.
    9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
    14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.'")16 And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    This is a yes or no answer and I'm not going to run all over the landscape to find it. At least give me the post #.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Oh Bluto.......I said that Jesus did not come out and say "I am God" But he did demonstrate it.
    stonesoffire likes this.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Oh Bluto.......I said that Jesus did not come out and say "I am God" But he did demonstrate it.
    You know denadii, it really does not surprise me at how "Biblical ignorant" you are as well as wof teachers and preachers. So your saying that just because Jesus Christ told copeland that He did not use the exact words, "I am God" that makes his prophecy true? But yet your giving Jesus credit because He demonstrated He was God?

    If you really want to get technical read the prophecy again, "They crucified Me for claiming that I was God" True or false denadii, did the Jews crucifiy Jesus Christ for claiming He was God? Yes, of course they did so why would Jesus Christ tell that lying copeland that He/Jesus did not use the exact words, "I am God?" What's the point.

    Secondly, if you really want to get technical the next few words of copeland's prophecy says, "I just claimed I walked with Him." Ok denadii, where in the Bible did Jesus Christ use the exact words, "I just claimed I walked with Him?" I realize that some around here might think this all about nothing but this man is teaching lies that outright upsets the faith of many.

    Any man that claims to be a prophet and prophecy is wrong he is a false prophet, period. You said denadii, that the proper thing to do was to meet with the person and iron things out. That is exactly what Dr. Walter Martin attempted to do but copeland changed his mind and said I will not meet with you because you hate me. Then copleand (in the letter I provided) says, "I hold you responsible for ever misquoting me again concerning this statement" by putting the blame on Dr. Martin, now it's Dr. Martin's fault and copeland ends up being the victim. Boy, does that ever sound familar today. Your boy copeland lies, and you swear to it denadii.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    sevenseas likes this.

  20. #40
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,668
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    270

    Default Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "PROVE ALL THINGS?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Oh Bluto.......I said that Jesus did not come out and say "I am God" But he did demonstrate it.
    This seems to indicate that Jesus claimed to be God.

    John 10:30

    I and My Father are one.”

    If the Father is God then Jesus must also be God.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 189
    Last Post: July 12th, 2016, 02:36 PM
  2. "You can't prove or disprove the flying spaghetti monster either."
    By Siberian_Khatru in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 15th, 2015, 12:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM