Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
Like Tree60Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

  1. #21
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    Truth in Eache Denomination, huh? It sounds like hearing the devil teaching truth. He always gets his victims with a grain of truth, then come the lies.
    Yeah, my denomination is, of course, right...... therefore, yours cannot be. (Or, did you think it was the other way around? LOL)
    NewWine and Grace777x70 like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  2. #22
    NewWine
    Guest

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Trust me, no one needs to know what churches have taught me over the years.
    gb9, JaumeJ, Willie-T and 1 others like this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Awakened's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    One church you say..hmmmm

    Why is the word church used in the plural in Revelation....Unto the 7 CHURCHES which are Asia...?

    In heaven there is ONE CHURCH...on the earth there are churches.....and the Corinthian quote (while applicable unto all churches) is particularly applied to the church that was at Corinth.....

    Just saying.........

    *Jesus came into this world to establish His one and only church through which to save lost and dying humanity.* Jesus is only "the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him" (Hebrews 5:9)

    There were different churches but he came to establish his.


    The Seven Churches of Asia(referring to the Roman province of Asia, not the entire continent), are seven major churches of Early Christianity,

    1.Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7) - the church known for having laboured hard and not fainted, and separating themselves from the wicked; admonished for having forsaken its first love (2:4)
    2.Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11) - the church admired for its tribulation and poverty; forecast to suffer persecution (2:10)
    3.Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) - the church located at 'Satan's seat'; needed to repent of allowing false teachers (2:16)
    4.Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29) - the church known for its charity, whose "latter works are greater than the former"; held the teachings of a false prophetess (2:20)
    5.Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6) - the church that has a good name; cautioned to fortify itself and return to God through repentance (3:2-3)
    6.Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) - the church steadfast in faith, that had kept God's word and endured patiently (3:10)
    7.Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) - the church that was lukewarm and insipid (to God) (3:16)

    The messages of Revelation two and three clearly show the severity of correction that will be needed to awaken many of God's people to their extremely dangerous situation. It is clear from these reprimands and warnings to the seven churches that Jesus will take whatever measures are necessary in order to stir God's people into action, so they will not lose their salvation
    NarrowRoadDisciple likes this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,192
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    *Jesus came into this world to establish His one and only church through which to save lost and dying humanity.* Jesus is only "the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him" (Hebrews 5:9)

    There were different churches but he came to establish his.


    The Seven Churches of Asia(referring to the Roman province of Asia, not the entire continent), are seven major churches of Early Christianity,

    1.Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7) - the church known for having laboured hard and not fainted, and separating themselves from the wicked; admonished for having forsaken its first love (2:4)
    2.Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11) - the church admired for its tribulation and poverty; forecast to suffer persecution (2:10)
    3.Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) - the church located at 'Satan's seat'; needed to repent of allowing false teachers (2:16)
    4.Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29) - the church known for its charity, whose "latter works are greater than the former"; held the teachings of a false prophetess (2:20)
    5.Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6) - the church that has a good name; cautioned to fortify itself and return to God through repentance (3:2-3)
    6.Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) - the church steadfast in faith, that had kept God's word and endured patiently (3:10)
    7.Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) - the church that was lukewarm and insipid (to God) (3:16)

    The messages of Revelation two and three clearly show the severity of correction that will be needed to awaken many of God's people to their extremely dangerous situation. It is clear from these reprimands and warnings to the seven churches that Jesus will take whatever measures are necessary in order to stir God's people into action, so they will not lose their salvation
    Well......

    Jesus established His church from the material prepared by John (as in saved, immersed disciples) and that church went everywhere preaching the word at the persecution of the Romans and they ESTABLISHED CHURCHES just as PAUL did...those churches established churches.....JESUS ASCENDED and left the HOLY SPIRIT as comforter in ALL THE CHURCHES (Those which are true) now the SAVED who DIE go to be with JESUS in HEAVEN where their is one BODY of believers...ON the there are numerous CHURCHES...they are all autonomous of each other, individual and of equal right and power before the throne.....The CHURCH at EPHESUS, the church at COLOSSEE, the church at THESSALONICA .........AND TODAY THERE ARE NUMEROUS churches ON THE PLANET BEING IDENTIFIED BY WHAT THEY TEACH.......!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    *Jesus came into this world to establish His one and only church through which to save lost and dying humanity.* Jesus is only "the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him" (Hebrews 5:9)

    There were different churches but he came to establish his.


    The Seven Churches of Asia(referring to the Roman province of Asia, not the entire continent), are seven major churches of Early Christianity,

    1.Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7) - the church known for having laboured hard and not fainted, and separating themselves from the wicked; admonished for having forsaken its first love (2:4)
    2.Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11) - the church admired for its tribulation and poverty; forecast to suffer persecution (2:10)
    3.Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) - the church located at 'Satan's seat'; needed to repent of allowing false teachers (2:16)
    4.Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29) - the church known for its charity, whose "latter works are greater than the former"; held the teachings of a false prophetess (2:20)
    5.Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6) - the church that has a good name; cautioned to fortify itself and return to God through repentance (3:2-3)
    6.Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) - the church steadfast in faith, that had kept God's word and endured patiently (3:10)
    7.Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) - the church that was lukewarm and insipid (to God) (3:16)

    The messages of Revelation two and three clearly show the severity of correction that will be needed to awaken many of God's people to their extremely dangerous situation. It is clear from these reprimands and warnings to the seven churches that Jesus will take whatever measures are necessary in order to stir God's people into action, so they will not lose their salvation
    No one who is truly saved will ever lose their salvation, and that salvation has nothing to do with any denomination or local church.
    Awakened likes this.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    No one who is truly saved will ever lose their salvation, and that salvation has nothing to do with any denomination or local church.
    THIS is the big question. The person saying this always seems to know THEY are, of course, one of the "truly saved" ones..... but what of the rest of you poor deluded suckers?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Awakened's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Well......

    Jesus established His church from the material prepared by John (as in saved, immersed disciples) and that church went everywhere preaching the word at the persecution of the Romans and they ESTABLISHED CHURCHES just as PAUL did...those churches established churches.....JESUS ASCENDED and left the HOLY SPIRIT as comforter in ALL THE CHURCHES (Those which are true) now the SAVED who DIE go to be with JESUS in HEAVEN where their is one BODY of believers...ON the there are numerous CHURCHES...they are all autonomous of each other, individual and of equal right and power before the throne.....The CHURCH at EPHESUS, the church at COLOSSEE, the church at THESSALONICA .........AND TODAY THERE ARE NUMEROUS churches ON THE PLANET BEING IDENTIFIED BY WHAT THEY TEACH.......!
    Jesus came to the earth to build His church, not John, Paul or any other man. The church is not a material building -- it is a spiritual building.


    Matthew 16:18King* (KJV)
    *And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

    The church started sometime between the death of Christ and Acts chapter five. To find the time, we can turn to Acts chapter two. It was the first Pentecost after Jesus rose from the dead, in about A.D. 30 that Christ kept his promise to build his church. If a church had its beginning at any other time, it cannot be the church Jesus promised to build (Acts 2:1-4,36-42, 47).
    Since the church began, people have slowly gone away from the truth

    The one true church is the universal body of believers everywhere who have given their hearts to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. That is the only true church (see Ephesians 1:22-23,Colossians 1:18).

  8. #28
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,192
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    Jesus came to the earth to build His church, not John, Paul or any other man. The church is not a material building -- it is a spiritual building.

    ).
    This tells me all I need to know....

    John came preaching to repent, believe in the one who was coming and be identified by Immersion....JESUS CALLED OUT the MATERIAL (DISCIPLES) prepared by preaching of JOHN and IMMERSION by JOHN....AFTER they are called out (EKKLESIA) and START FOLLOWING JESUS they are Identified as a CHURCH at least twice...the CHURCH was so LABELED in the PRESENT TENSE TWICE WHILE JESUS was ALIVE and WALKING THE EARTH....the LORD'S church was not started on the day of PENTECOST, but rather EMPOWERED by the HOLY SPIRIT as the COMFORTOR took the PLACE OF JESUS to AGO-HODOS (GO BEFORE) and lead into ALL TRUTH.....

    Universal Church is CONTRARY to the very definition of what GOD labeled as CHURCHES (EKKLESIA)<--LOCAL, VISIBLE ASSEMBLY......wake up!

  9. #29
    Senior Member Awakened's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    This tells me all I need to know....

    John came preaching to repent, believe in the one who was coming and be identified by Immersion....JESUS CALLED OUT the MATERIAL (DISCIPLES) prepared by preaching of JOHN and IMMERSION by JOHN....AFTER they are called out (EKKLESIA) and START FOLLOWING JESUS they are Identified as a CHURCH at least twice...the CHURCH was so LABELED in the PRESENT TENSE TWICE WHILE JESUS was ALIVE and WALKING THE EARTH....the LORD'S church was not started on the day of PENTECOST, but rather EMPOWERED by the HOLY SPIRIT as the COMFORTOR took the PLACE OF JESUS to AGO-HODOS (GO BEFORE) and lead into ALL TRUTH.....

    Universal Church is CONTRARY to the very definition of what GOD labeled as CHURCHES (EKKLESIA)<--LOCAL, VISIBLE ASSEMBLY......wake up!
    If I am wrong on what I believe to be true, I want to be corrected. Please back what you say with scripture. Much love...

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    THIS is the big question. The person saying this always seems to know THEY are, of course, one of the "truly saved" ones..... but what of the rest of you poor deluded suckers?
    Willie, I am persuaded that I have eternal life based on my faith. I also believe that salvation is a one time event and once a person has by faith accepted God's gift of eternal life it truly is eternal and will never be lost nor taken back by the God that gave it.
    It is not for me to judge your salvation nor anyone else. And I do not judge.
    But, when I here what some believe leads to salvation, or what they base their hope in, I causes me to be concerned that some may have a false assurance. That deeply concerns me. I pray that my concern is unwarranted.
    Awakened likes this.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    Willie, I am persuaded that I have eternal life based on my faith. I also believe that salvation is a one time event and once a person has by faith accepted God's gift of eternal life it truly is eternal and will never be lost nor taken back by the God that gave it.
    It is not for me to judge your salvation nor anyone else. And I do not judge.
    But, when I here what some believe leads to salvation, or what they base their hope in, I causes me to be concerned that some may have a false assurance. That deeply concerns me. I pray that my concern is unwarranted.
    Boy! It's sure a good thing you aren't trying to do any judging about others. LOL
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Boy! It's sure a good thing you aren't trying to do any judging about others. LOL
    I don't understand your objection, or your LOL because of my concern for the salvation of everyone.
    Does it not concern you?

  13. #33
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    I don't understand your objection, or your LOL because of my concern for the salvation of everyone.
    Does it not concern you?
    Do you assume you are not "truly saved?" Of course you don't. Then why make that call about others who also (just like you) believe they are saved?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Do you assume you are not "truly saved?" Of course you don't. Then why make that call about others who also (just like you) believe they are saved?
    If a person came to you and said----
    " I am a Christian because my mom and dad are Christians and they had me baptized when I was a baby. I have always been a Christian."
    Would you be concerned that that person has a false assurance?
    As I said, it is not for me to judge, only God knows, but I can not help but be concerned.
    If that is wrong, so be it. I will continue to be concerned and pray that that person is truly saved.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    If a person came to you and said----
    " I am a Christian because my mom and dad are Christians and they had me baptized when I was a baby. I have always been a Christian."
    Would you be concerned that that person has a false assurance?
    As I said, it is not for me to judge, only God knows, but I can not help but be concerned.
    If that is wrong, so be it. I will continue to be concerned and pray that that person is truly saved.
    If I am spending much of my time deciding his "true belief" while he, instead of evaluating me, is feeding others, giving them water, housing them, healing their diseases, clothing them, and visiting prisons, then "Yes", I might be concerned..... about my own Salvation.
    NewWine likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    If I am spending much of my time deciding his "true belief" while he, instead of evaluating me, is feeding others, giving them water, housing them, healing their diseases, clothing them, and visiting prisons, then "Yes", I might be concerned..... about my own Salvation.
    Catholics do much of this. And if I was to jump on the consensus of the bandwagon belief expressed by this forum, at large, I would have to say they are not saved because they worship different idols than I do. I cannot say that.
    NewWine likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  17. #37
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,168
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Catholics do much of this. And if I was to jump on the consensus of the bandwagon belief expressed by this forum, at large, I would have to say they are not saved because they worship different idols than I do. I cannot say that.
    Willie,

    I think you just quoted yourself and wrote a rebuttal.

    Bro, you don't have to do this.
    If you have the urge to argue for no reason, just give me a shout.... I'm here for you man.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,247
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Willie,

    I think you just quoted yourself and wrote a rebuttal.

    Bro, you don't have to do this.
    If you have the urge to argue for no reason, just give me a shout.... I'm here for you man.
    No, I added to the original post. But since we are only given 5 short minutes to reread, correct, edit, or add to a post, I had to make a second post for that purpose... and I included the original "quote" so that the association could be seen.
    Last edited by Willie-T; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:23 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,028
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    SDA believes the sabbath is on saturday.

    My Rest is in Christ. Not a day of the week.
    The bible does indeed teach the Sabbath is on the day we call Saturday. At least for most of the world. There are places where the 7th day falls on what is called Sunday. and the SDA believes their rest is in Christ also. We do not place rest in Christ from the works of the flesh and the Sabbath as the same thing. That is the difference. we do not confuse a day with a spiritual state of being in Christ. We do not confuse salvation with the day God blessed and made holy at creation.
    Willie-T and Awakened like this.

  20. #40
    Senior Member NarrowRoadDisciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Finding Truth in Each Denomination

    Why do we have divisions in the Body of Christ?
    I'm pretty sure that Paul was aghast that there were three divisions back in the day in a single area...

    1 Corinthians 1:10-17 NKJV

    10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?


    14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. 16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.
    Awakened likes this.
    NarrowRoadDisciple

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Finding the right denomination
    By Rob625 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: March 26th, 2016, 05:25 PM
  2. Why I 'have' a denomination
    By didymos in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 18th, 2015, 10:26 PM
  3. Finding Purpose, Finding Faith.
    By fixyou in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 1st, 2015, 07:12 PM
  4. Finding a denomination from all the branches
    By finn75 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 16th, 2014, 01:19 AM
  5. what denomination?..
    By theremnant14 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 19th, 2014, 05:03 PM