Page 1807 of 1877 FirstFirst ... 80713071707175717971805180618071808180918171857 ... LastLast
Results 36,121 to 36,140 of 37533
Like Tree56211Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #36121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Not By Works

    is this talking specifically about this subject?

  2. #36122
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loveme1 View Post
    John 3

    6For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.



    Knowing not what world I wake to... I leave something we all agree on as a reminder that GOD loves us and through His Son we may be saved by believing the Truth and come to the light.

    Let us have Grace, Love and Truth of GOD always through our Lord and Saviour.

    Peace to you all.
    The verb tense of John 3:16 as applied to---->is having everlasting life....speaks volumes.......

  3. #36123
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,907
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    The verb tense of John 3:16 as applied to---->is having everlasting life....speaks volumes.......
    Everlasting life is life that goes on forever.
    So you only know it is not everlasting when it ends.

    Notice until the like are opened, all looks the same.
    Afterwards there is no debate.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  4. #36124
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    The verb tense of John 3:16 as applied to---->is having everlasting life....speaks volumes.......
    echó: to have, hold
    Original Word: ἔχω
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: echó
    Phonetic Spelling: (ekh'-o)
    Short Definition: I have, hold, possess
    Definition: I have, hold, possess

  5. #36125
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Do we become righteous because Jesus give us His righteousness or are we seen as righteous because Jesus is our advocate before the Father?

    Is Justification imparted or imputed?
    David described the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness without the deeds of the law (works)

  6. #36126
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    There re are no conditions in grace, there are only conditions in works

    the law had conditions, live a perfect life without sin, or suffer the curse (death)

    grace removes that curce curse because the lamb of God suffered that curse in our place,

    sanctification has conditions, if we want to grow in Christ and replace the reward temporally and spiritually that comes with it, we must abide, failure to abide brings chastening and loss of blessing and rewards,

    salvation is not a reward that can be purchased by fulfilling certain conditions, it was paid in fill by the cross.
    Amen to this for sure.......a gift is exactly that---->a gift!

  7. #36127
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Our calling is sure. someone once said if you are losing hope tie a not at the end of your rope and hold on. This is worldly wisdom and makes as much sense as the people who say keep believing in Jesus or you will lose your salvation.

    "He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal." 2Timothy1:9

    Trust in God not your wonderful works.
    AMEN.....he saves to the uttermost and we are kept by his power........

  8. #36128
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,907
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    You can say ALL of this and yet it does not change the fact that you said...

    a. The cross of Christ is not enough
    b. The imputed righteousness of Christ is a neat little trick that does not work

    BOTH statements negate anything you have said or say.....a saved child of God would not say such things.....why cannot you understand that simple truth.....!
    The reason for saying these things was to demonstrate your heresy.

    For thousands of years believers knew our response perfected Jesus's sacrifice which you deny.
    Jesus washed us clean and made us whole, except you live in unbelief, needing Jesus to replace
    you. We rather are new creations perfected in the Holy Spirit.

    Thank you for pointing this out and thereby showing what real faith and response is. I could not
    have asked for a better intro.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  9. #36129
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    The reason for saying these things was to demonstrate your heresy.

    For thousands of years believers knew our response perfected Jesus's sacrifice which you deny.
    Jesus washed us clean and made us whole, except you live in unbelief, needing Jesus to replace
    you. We rather are new creations perfected in the Holy Spirit.

    Thank you for pointing this out and thereby showing what real faith and response is. I could not
    have asked for a better intro.

    Well....for some time I have left the cake taker statement out....and the fact that you say the bolded above to try and defend the following statements made by you places you back in the cake taking grouping....

    Originally Posted by dcontroversal You can say ALL of this and yet it does not change the fact that you said...

    a. The cross of Christ is not enough
    b. The imputed righteousness of Christ is a neat little trick that does not work

    BOTH statements negate anything you have said or say.....a saved child of God would not say such things.....why cannot you understand that simple truth.....!

  10. #36130
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,907
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Not By Works

    I like this discussion, every time a new area of Gods moving comes to light.

    I do not think you know what reigning with Christ is and would be totally lost.
    How is it with the Holy Spirit you find love so hard, unless you are missing the
    key ingredient. Good night my friends, there is always hope until the final
    curtain drops.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  11. #36131
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    The reason for saying these things was to demonstrate your heresy.

    For thousands of years believers knew our response perfected Jesus's sacrifice which you deny.
    Jesus washed us clean and made us whole, except you live in unbelief, needing Jesus to replace
    you. We rather are new creations perfected in the Holy Spirit.

    Thank you for pointing this out and thereby showing what real faith and response is. I could not
    have asked for a better intro.
    You try so very hard to sound eloquent, relevant, poetic, of intelligentsia, biblical. However, the result of your endeavor to impress?

    #humongousfail.

    Not to mention your incessant practice of naming others as lost, and your lame and callow following me thread to thread to slander me, and in doing so saying to others "God bless you all."

    LOL!!!!!!!! Goodness sake hang it up and finally repent and believe the Gospel.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  12. #36132
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    Everlasting life is life that goes on forever.
    So you only know it is not everlasting when it ends.

    Notice until the like are opened, all looks the same.
    Afterwards there is no debate.
    Yet another attempt at eloquence yet the above remains absolutely senseless? Yes, absolutely yes.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  13. #36133
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    The reason for saying these things was to demonstrate your heresy.
    And instead of accomplishing your objective you've displayed only your own heresy.

    #humongousfail
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  14. #36134
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    And instead of accomplishing your objective you've displayed only your own heresy.

    #humongousfail
    Amen...not to mention that if one goes back to the original statements....it becomes all to obvious that

    a. He believes it
    b. His current stretch and accusation is a wee bit short of honest.......

  15. #36135
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Any person who preaches the cross is not enough, and that the imputed righteousness of Christ is a neat little trick that doesn't work ought to be banned immediately from any Christian site.

    If any person stepped into our church and preached this heresy they'd be cast out.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  16. #36136
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Any person who preaches the cross is not enough, and that the imputed righteousness of Christ is a neat little trick that doesn't work ought to be banned immediately from any Christian site.

    If any person stepped into our church and preached this heresy they'd be cast out.
    I heard that...they would be stopped mid sentence, removed from the pulpit and escorted to the door......and told get right or don't come back......I cannot imagine a "so called" believer saying that.....still shake my head at that one...the other one as well....

  17. #36137
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I heard that...they would be stopped mid sentence, removed from the pulpit and escorted to the door......and told get right or don't come back......I cannot imagine a "so called" believer saying that.....still shake my head at that one...the other one as well....
    I literally weep and am livid at this assault, not only by him and others like him, but by MANY in Christendom attacking the Gospel and leading others astray!!!

    Enough is enough!
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  18. #36138
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    67
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Yet another attempt at eloquence yet the above remains absolutely senseless? Yes, absolutely yes.
    Preach it Precher!

    "Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction." 2Tim4:2

  19. #36139
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,259
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Matthew 4:17, “From that time יהושע began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has drawn near.”


    John 5:24, "Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and doesn't come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."


    John 12:48, "He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day."


    John 7:16-17 "Yahshua answered, them, and said: My doctrine is not Mine, but His Who sent Me. If any man will do His will, he will know about this teaching--whether it comes from Yahweh, or whether I am speaking of My own authority."


    2 Corinthians 1:22, “who also sealed us, and gave the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge."


    Ephesians 3:17, “that the Messiah might dwell in your hearts through belief – having become rooted and grounded in love”


    Ezekiel 36:26-28, "A new heart, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments, and do them. And you will dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you will be My people, and I will be your Father."


    Ezekiel 11:19-21, “And I shall give them one heart, and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, so that they walk in My laws, and guard My right-rulings, and shall do them. And they shall be My people and I shall be their Strength. But to those whose hearts walk after the heart of their disgusting matters and their abominations, I shall recompense their deeds on their own heads,” declares the Master יהוה.”


    Jeremiah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law (Torah/Instructions) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."


    Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”


    2 Timothy 2:19, “However, the solid foundation of Yah stands firm, having this *seal, יהוה knows those who are His, and let everyone who names the Name of Messiah turn away from unrighteousness.”


    The word *sealis word #G4973sphragis: a seal, a signet, Original Word: σφραγίς, ῖδος, ἡ, Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine, Transliteration: sphragis, Phonetic Spelling: (sfrag-ece'), Short Definition: a signet-ring, impression of a seal, the proof, Definition: a seal, signet ring, the impression of a seal, that which the seal attests, the proof.


    The word “unrighteousness” is word #G93 ἀδικία – adikia, ad-ee-kee'-ah, (legal) injustice (properly the quality, by implication the act); moral wrongfulness (of charter, life or act):—iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.



    PeterJens likes this.
    Mt5:18"I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected." Rev21:1-2"I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away." Rom3:28"For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."31"Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"

  20. #36140
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,907
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    I literally weep and am livid at this assault, not only by him and others like him, but by MANY in Christendom attacking the Gospel and leading others astray!!!

    Enough is enough!
    This is the point. You do not believe the gift of Christ. Your anger, your desire to rebuke.
    Would you say you are healed while still being deseased?

    And though you claim Jesus does everything for you, your life does not show it.
    And when Christ calls you to take up your mat and walk, you respond I cannot you
    have to walk for me.

    Why are we righteous? Because we are forgiven, washed and made new.
    It is our relationship with God is the source of our life, but our behaviour reflects
    this life.

    And the joke is, I would not be part of fellowships you guys follow, so simply the
    idea of expelling someone is just bravado. It reminds me of Muslims who hate
    God being a man. You hate Jesus giving authority and a role to believers, because
    that demeans Christ and exalts man. Exactly what the Pharisees hated. How dare
    you change our view of Christ.

    It is always a temptation to dump responsibility from ourselves and say God carries
    the can. This is the nature of sin, it is not our fault God made us like this.

    Listen to Jesus. You will be one with another, like I am with the Father.
    I have told you everything I have learnt. Emotions, love, fear and trust.

    Our failures we extend to far, when Jesus calls us to exercise faith and walk.
    In truth people will die in their unbelief if they do not build their house upon
    the rock. God is the guide and healer, we have to do the work.

    Blessing comes after action, not before.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM