Page 2385 of 2560 FirstFirst ... 1385188522852335237523832384238523862387239524352485 ... LastLast
Results 47,681 to 47,700 of 51196
Like Tree77621Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #47681
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    New International Version 1984 John 7:16-18 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
    Hizikyah and oldethennew like this.

  2. #47682
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Not By Works

    James 2:22, "Do you see that the belief was working with his works, and by the works the belief was perfected?"
    oldethennew, Seohce and ElAmor like this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  3. #47683
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Not By Works



    Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Bach

    Justification by Faith Alone

    Romans4:3-8
    3) "
    What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
    4) Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation
    5) However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.
    6)David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

    7)
    “Blessed are those
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
    8)Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord will never count against them."

  4. #47684
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Revelation 12:17, “And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to fight with the remnant of her seed, those guarding the commands of Yah and possessing the witness of יהושעMessiah."
    ElAmor likes this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  5. #47685
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    26,769
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    311

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post


    Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Bach

    Justification by Faith Alone

    Romans4:3-8
    3) "
    What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
    4) Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation
    5) However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.
    6)David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

    7)
    “Blessed are those
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
    8)Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord will never count against them."
    Amen bro....Abraham got it, so did Paul, James in context as well..even David understood...the workers for--->not so much

  6. #47686
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    458
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Galatians 5:13-26 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Life by the Spirit So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law. The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become CONCEITED, PROVOKING and ENVYING each other.

    WHO ARE THOSE TEACHING CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURES?

    Romans 1:28-32 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

    Jude 1:12-25 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever. Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. A Call to Persevere But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. Doxology To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

  7. #47687
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,900
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizikyah View Post
    I have right to stand before the righteous Judge, He will decide if I am fit to enter or not, It is not my choice or right to declare.

    James 1:12, “Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him.”

    1 Corinthians 4:4-5, “For I know nothing by myself; yet by this I am not justified, for He Who judges me is יהוה! Therefore, judge nothing before the time. Wait until Yahshua comes, Who will bring to light the things hidden in darkness, and will reveal the secret intentions of men's hearts; and then each man will receive praise from יהוה.”

    Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

    Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

    Hebrews 10:36, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised.”

    Hebrews 3:14, “For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end.”

    James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him."

    Jeremiah 17:10, “I, יהוה, search the heart, I try the kidneys, and give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

    Luke 11:28, “But He said, “Blessed rather are those hearing the Word of Yah and watching over it!”

    Romans 2:12, “For as many as have sinned without the Law, will also perish without the Law, and as many as have sinned in the Law, will be judged by the Law.”

    Matt 13:41-43, "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear."

    2 Corinthians 5:10, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Messiah, that each one may receive his reward according to what he has done in the body, whether righteous or evil.”

    judgment seat” is word #G968 - béma: a step, raised place, by impl. A tribunal, Original Word: βῆμα, ατος, τό, Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter, Transliteration: béma, Phonetic Spelling: (bay'-ma), Short Definition: the space covered by a step of the foot, a tribunal, Definition: an elevated place ascended by steps, a throne, tribunal.

    John 5:28-30, “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the tombs shall hear His voice, and shall come forth – those who have done* righteousness, to the resurrection of life, and those who have practiced* evil matters, to a resurrection of judgment. Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but the desire of the Father who sent Me.”

    Psalm 9:7-8, “But יהוה abides forever, He is preparing His throne for judgment. And He judges the world in righteousness, He judges the peoples in straightness.”

    Isaiah 66:15-16, “For look, יהוה comes with fire and with His chariots, like a whirlwind, to render His displeasure with burning, and His rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by His sword יהוה shall judge all flesh, and the slain of יהוה shall be many.”

    Hebrews 10:26-31, “For if we sin purposely after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice offering for sins, but some fearsome anticipation of judgment, and a fierce fire which is about to consume the opponents. Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Mosheh dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment do you think shall he deserve who has trampled the Son of YHWH underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was set apart as common, and insulted the Spirit of favor? For we know Him who has said, “Vengeance is Mine, I shall repay, says יהוה.” And again, “יהוה shall judge His people. It is fearsome to fall into the hands of the living Father.”

    Revelation 19:11-16, “And I saw the heaven opened, and there was a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Trustworthy and True, and in righteousness He judges and fights. And His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns, having a Name that had been written, which no one had perceived except Himself and having been dressed in a robe dipped in blood and His Name is called: The Word of יהוה. And the armies in the heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations. And He shall shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Strength Almighty. And on His robe and on His banner He has a name written: SOVEREIGN OF SOVEREIGNS AND MASTER OF MASTERS."

    Hebrew 5:9, “And having been perfected, He became the Causer of everlasting salvation to all those obeying Him.”
    For entrance into heaven, none of us is fit Hiz. Our salvation is shown in Passover. The blood on the door. That is Jesus, His blood and He's the door we go through and out of Egypt, sin. Led by His Spirit to the promised land, and for us it is the sabbath rest, the heavenlies where we sit down in His work. Its now intimacy with the Lord, hearing His Voice as He reveals the word, His will to us. Being one, joined in union of spirit to spirit.

    Why is this hard to see?
    dcontroversal likes this.
    1Th 3:12 May the Lord greatly increase your love for each other and for all people, just as we love you.


    1Th 3:13 Then your hearts will be strong, blameless, and holy in the presence of God, who is our Father, when our Lord Jesus appears with all his saints.





    Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

  8. #47688
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Amen bro....Abraham got it, so did Paul, James in context as well..even David understood...the workers for--->not so much
    James 2:22, "Do you see that the belief was working with his works, and by the works the belief was perfected?"


    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Abraham got it
    Genesis 15:6, "And he believed in יהוה, and He reckoned it to him for righteousness.”


    Genesis 26:5, “Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my Laws.”


    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    so did Paul
    Acts 21:24, "Take them, and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads. Then everyone will know that those things they were informed about you (forsaking the Law), were lies, and that you (Paul), yourself, walk orderly, and keep the Law."


    1 Corinthians 7:19, "For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of Yah?"

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    James in context as well
    James 1:22-25, “And become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. Because if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror, for he looks at himself, and goes away, and immediately forgets what he was like. But he that looked into the perfect Law of liberty, and continues in it, not becoming a hearer that forgets, but a doer of work, this one shall be blessed in his doing.”


    James 2:8-12, “If you truly accomplish the sovereign Law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself, (Lev 19:18) you do well, but if you show partiality, you commit sin, being found guilty by the Law as transgressors. For whoever shall guard all the Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” (Exo 20:14) also said, “Do not murder.” (Exo 20:13) Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of Law. So speak and so do as those who are to be judged by the Law of liberty.”

    The antinomians not so much.
    oldethennew and Seohce like this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  9. #47689
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    For entrance into heaven, none of us is fit Hiz. Our salvation is shown in Passover. The blood on the door. That is Jesus, His blood and He's the door we go through and out of Egypt, sin. Led by His Spirit to the promised land, and for us it is the sabbath rest, the heavenlies where we sit down in His work. Its now intimacy with the Lord, hearing His Voice as He reveals the word, His will to us. Being one, joined in union of spirit to spirit.

    Why is this hard to see?
    What have I posted that shows I don't unerstand and accept Passover/the blood of Messiah?
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  10. #47690
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    458
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Galatians 5:13-26 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Life by the Spirit So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law. The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become CONCEITED, PROVOKING and ENVYING each other.

    WHO ARE THOSE TEACHING CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURES?

    Romans 1:28-32 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

    Jude 1:12-25 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever. Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. A Call to Persevere But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. Doxology To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
    Titus 1:10-16 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. Even one of their own prophets has said, “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.” This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. to the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

  11. #47691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    458
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    Titus 1:10-16 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. Even one of their own prophets has said, “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.” This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. to the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.
    2 Peter 3:14-18 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people DISTORT, AS THEY DO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

  12. #47692
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Amen bro....Abraham got it, so did Paul, James in context as well..even David understood...the workers for--->not so much
    Biblical Wisdom, God gives his wisdom abundantly it cannot be bought at the local book store; but worldly wisdom can be bought and learned through education and books. The nice folks who have traded Gods wisdom for worldly wisdom are so entrench in their bad theology they may never see through to the truth, a pity.

    "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."James1:5

  13. #47693
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Revelation 14:12-13, “Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of יהוהand the belief of יהושע. And I heard a voice out of the heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Master from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, in order that they rest from their labors, and their works follow with them.”
    oldethennew and Seohce like this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  14. #47694
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,900
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizikyah View Post
    What have I posted that shows I don't unerstand and accept Passover/the blood of Messiah?
    I have right to stand before the righteous Judge, He will decide if I am fit to enter or not, It is not my choice or right to declare.



    Whom shall this generation declare? Adam, or Yeshua?
    1Th 3:12 May the Lord greatly increase your love for each other and for all people, just as we love you.


    1Th 3:13 Then your hearts will be strong, blameless, and holy in the presence of God, who is our Father, when our Lord Jesus appears with all his saints.





    Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

  15. #47695
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2017
    Age
    44
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Biblical Wisdom, God gives his wisdom abundantly it cannot be bought at the local book store; but worldly wisdom can be bought and learned through education and books. The nice folks who have traded Gods wisdom for worldly wisdom are so entrench in their bad theology they may never see through to the truth, a pity.

    "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."James1:5
    Yes.

    It seems that many think that wisdom is bringing a preconceived idea and MAKING scripture say what they want it to say.

    Take your scripture reference for example. I lack wisdom. So I ask God for it.

    Many say, " I have wisdom, so I will make scripture say what I want it to say."
    oldethennew likes this.

  16. #47696
    Senior Member oyster67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2014
    Age
    50
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    43
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    What many fail to understand is that salvation is not embellished, helped, gained, kept or finished off with any work or works and that which they push equates to a works based salvation....the bible is clear...it is faith that justifies and saves a man before God.....A ONE OFF ETERNAL EVENT WITH PRESENT CONTINUING RESULTS....NOT ONE WORK OR PIECE OF FRUIT can be produced by anyone unless they have already been placed into the vine by salvation and faith......and the reason WORKS DO NONE OF THE ABOVE IS BECAUSE JESUS IS THE SOURCE OF ANY FRUIT OR WORK THRU US DIA FAITH AND AS A LIVING SACRIFICE.....Grace or works....one or the other......not both....end of story!
    I agree with everything in that post. Salvation is not maintained or kept by good works. Good works is just an outgrowth and result made possible by our Lord. I also agree that lack of good works does not cause loss of salvation. We have much more in common than we do in difference.

    Matthew 22
    22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    1 Pet 5:7
    Cast all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

    2Cor 4:17
    For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory;

  17. #47697
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    26,769
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    311

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizikyah View Post
    James 2:22, "Do you see that the belief was working with his works, and by the works the belief was perfected?"




    Genesis 15:6, "And he believed in יהוה, and He reckoned it to him for righteousness.”


    Genesis 26:5, “Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my Laws.”




    Acts 21:24, "Take them, and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads. Then everyone will know that those things they were informed about you (forsaking the Law), were lies, and that you (Paul), yourself, walk orderly, and keep the Law."


    1 Corinthians 7:19, "For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of Yah?"



    James 1:22-25, “And become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. Because if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror, for he looks at himself, and goes away, and immediately forgets what he was like. But he that looked into the perfect Law of liberty, and continues in it, not becoming a hearer that forgets, but a doer of work, this one shall be blessed in his doing.”


    James 2:8-12, “If you truly accomplish the sovereign Law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself, (Lev 19:18) you do well, but if you show partiality, you commit sin, being found guilty by the Law as transgressors. For whoever shall guard all the Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” (Exo 20:14) also said, “Do not murder.” (Exo 20:13) Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of Law. So speak and so do as those who are to be judged by the Law of liberty.”

    The antinomians not so much.
    You prove nothing more than your blinded to the grace of Christ and the faith that actually leads to salvation and justification....you also prove that you push the same doctrine that leads to the plenteous in numbe grouping.....

  18. #47698
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    458
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    2 Peter 3:14-18 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people DISTORT, AS THEY DO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
    2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

  19. #47699
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Not By Works

    In the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."
    Last edited by stillness; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:19 PM.
    Seohce likes this.
    Journey to enter into rest in God,
    A work in progress you can read here in Poems and poetry.

  20. #47700
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,442
    Rep Power
    174

    Default Re: Not By Works

    JAMES 2:14.
    What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he has faith, and have not works? can Faith save him?

    17.
    Even so Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

    18.
    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast Faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works,
    and I will show thee my faith by my works.
    2:20.
    But wilt thou know, O vain man, that Faith without works is dead?

    2:24.
    Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by Faith only.

    2:26.
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so Faith without works is dead also.

    REV. 2:19.
    I know your works, and charity, and service, and Faith, and thy patience, and thy Works;
    and the last to be more than the first.!!!
    ElAmor likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 08:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 04:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 01:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM