Page 3045 of 3075 FirstFirst ... 20452545294529953035304330443045304630473055 ... LastLast
Results 60,881 to 60,900 of 61497
Like Tree98018Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #60881
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    here is a bump for you LD
    There are no bumps I will endure while on this subject. Because when explaining what I am going to explain it will be with God's own words. It won't be with my words.

  2. #60882
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preston39 View Post
    B...,

    Where did this ..."gotcha"...mentality come from? Not from G-d...that's for sure.
    Thank you Preston. This is exactly what I'm talking about that takes place on this site all the time. Truth tellers are attacked and ridiculed constantly in an effort to shut them up. Not working with me.

  3. #60883
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamah View Post
    Romans 3:31 Verse (Click for Chapter)
    New International Version
    Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

    New Living Translation
    Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

    English Standard Version
    Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

    Berean Study Bible
    Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.

    Berean Literal Bible
    Do we, then, nullify the Law through faith? Never may it be! Instead, we uphold Law.

    New American Standard Bible
    Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

    King James Bible
    Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

    Christian Standard Bible
    Do we then nullify the law through faith? Absolutely not! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

    Contemporary English Version
    Do we destroy the Law by our faith? Not at all! We make it even more powerful.

    Good News Translation
    Does this mean that by this faith we do away with the Law? No, not at all; instead, we uphold the Law.

    Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Do we then cancel the law through faith? Absolutely not! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

    International Standard Version
    Do we, then, abolish the Law by this faith? Of course not! Instead, we uphold the Law.

    NET Bible
    Do we then nullify the law through faith? Absolutely not! Instead we uphold the law.

    New Heart English Bible
    Do we then nullify the law through faith? May it never be. No, we establish the law.

    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Are we eliminating The Written Law by faith? God forbid, but we are establishing The Written Law.

    GOD'S WORD® Translation
    Are we abolishing Moses' Teachings by this faith? That's unthinkable! Rather, we are supporting Moses' Teachings.

    New American Standard 1977
    Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

    Jubilee Bible 2000
    Do we then make void the law through faith? No, in no wise; to the contrary, we establish the law.

    King James 2000 Bible
    Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

    American King James Version
    Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, we establish the law.

    American Standard Version
    Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish the law.

    Douay-Rheims Bible
    Do we, then, destroy the law through faith? God forbid: but we establish the law.

    Darby Bible Translation
    Do we then make void law by faith? Far be the thought: [no,] but we establish law.

    English Revised Version
    Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? God forbid: nay, we establish the law.

    Webster's Bible Translation
    Do we then make void the law through faith? By no means: but we establish the law.

    Weymouth New Testament
    Do we then by means of this faith abolish the Law? No, indeed; we give the Law a firmer footing.

    World English Bible
    Do we then nullify the law through faith? May it never be! No, we establish the law.

    Young's Literal Translation
    Law then do we make useless through the faith? let it not be! yea, we do establish law.
    Yep.....called the imputed righteousness of Christ IMPUTED to my account by FAITH WITHOUT WORKS (of the law indicated)

    The simple truth that you cannot grasp because you and your lawyer buddies think in your mind that you keep the law...

    AGAIN I WILL ASK...

    DO you keep the law? YES or NO <---simple answer will suffice....
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

  4. #60884
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnedbygrace View Post
    Dcon, I'm sorry. I'm actually the one who told him he should check out this thread because I thought he could maybe be helped. I see now that it isn't going to be a help to him. Sorry that I directed him here.
    No need to apologize friend...more chances for me to post scripture that refutes any and all working for lawyers, Pharisees and the blind that think they keep the law.....all they do is dig their ditch deeper, declare to all they are condemned, that they proclaim the exact false gospel that Paul condemns in Galatians and that they push the exact same thing Jesus references when he states that MANY will come before his throne saying...LORD, LORD have we NOT...........

  5. #60885
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    I didn't come here because you directed me anywhere. Contrary to what you are thinking, I don't accept your directions. I was browsing and will bring truth here regarding works, if we can get past a couple other simple issues first.

    TRUTH HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA what truth.....another cake taker more like it.....

  6. #60886
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    He was paraphrasing and, "did not change the meaning of this verse", you are habitually incorrigible and you must apologize to decon for smearing his good name, period.
    He has nothing.. he is just trying to attack, it is what he does..
    dcontroversal and NoNameMcgee like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  7. #60887
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.
    You are evading. Is what you posted here actual scripture OR is it your summation of scripture ? If you say it is scripture, as you did before, then please provide the actual verse from any version of the Bible which it perfectly matches.

  8. #60888
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    So basically, we need to shut up and listen while you bring the "truth" to us, huh?


    My goodness you're full of yourself.
    He gonna teach us the truth.......all he does is reinforce that no one keeps the law and it is all JESUS or hell.......one or the other....
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

  9. #60889
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Actually it would because thou shalt not lie.
    poor guy, He pushes the law. Yet you had to use the law against him to show him his sin.

    Sad but typical with these type of people.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  10. #60890
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.
    good post brother


    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    (exact kjv romans 3: 28)


    For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law

    (nasb)
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  11. #60891
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post



    Romans 3:20 (KJV)
    20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
    Romans 3:28 (KJV)
    28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.


    Romans 3:20 (HCSB)

    20 For no one will be justified in His sight by the works of the law, because the knowledge of sin ⌊comes⌋ through the law.
    Romans 3:28 (HCSB)
    28 For we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.


    Romans 3:20 (NKJV)
    20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
    Romans 3:28 (NKJV)
    28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.


    Romans 3:20 (NASB)
    20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.
    Romans 3:28 (NASB)
    28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.


    Romans 3:20 (NCV)
    20 because no one can be made right with God by following the law. The law only shows us our sin.
    Romans 3:28 (NCV)
    28 A person is made right with God through faith, not through obeying the law.


    Romans 3:20 (NIV)
    20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
    Romans 3:28 (NIV)
    28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.


    Romans 3:20 (NJB)
    20 So then, no human being can be found upright at the tribunal of God by keeping the Law; all that the Law does is to tell us what is sinful.
    Romans 3:28 (NJB)
    28 since, as we see it, a person is justified by faith and not by doing what the Law tells him to do.


    Romans 3:20 (YLT)
    20 wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin.
    Romans 3:28 (YLT)
    28 therefore do we reckon a man to be declared righteous by faith, apart from works of law.


    Romans 3:20 (MontgomeryNT)
    20 For no man will be justified in God’s sight by works of the Law; for through the Law comes the consciousness of sin.
    Romans 3:28 (MontgomeryNT)
    28 For I conclude that a man is justified by faith, altogether apart from the deeds of the Law.



    SHALL I GO ON?
    I did it once already....a working for lawyer cannot accept that verse..it destroys their law based false justification.....

  12. #60892
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    good post brother


    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    (exact kjv romans 3: 28)


    For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law

    (nasb)
    AMEN...but according to the lawyer I did not quote it exactly so I must be guilty of the text he posted out of Context out of Revelation.....another cake taker.....time to bring that saying back....

  13. #60893
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    He gonna teach us the truth.......all he does is reinforce that no one keeps the law and it is all JESUS or hell.......one or the other....
    Since you are a man of truth, then please provide us with it.

    You claimed your words below to be actual scripture, but you have not provided the Bible verse to match those words exactly. Can you do that please ?

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.

    You then attacked me calling me a deceiver, but you haven't shown your words to be actual scripture, but rather your summation of scripture.
    Last edited by loyaldisciple; 4 Days Ago at 03:42 PM.

  14. #60894
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Yes we uphold the Law through Faith.

    Faith upholds the Law.

    Having faith is what upholds the Law.
    amen brother...
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  15. #60895
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    He was paraphrasing and, "did not change the meaning of this verse", you are habitually incorrigible and you must apologize to decon for smearing his good name, period.

    Actually my quote was good......note post 60854

  16. #60896
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Actually it would because thou shalt not lie.
    Lawyers and Pharisees constantly break the very law they claim to uphold......the truth is simple...the law justifies no one....it does nothing more than prove guilt and condemns a man before God

  17. #60897
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,458
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Actually my quote was good......note post 60854
    Yes I see that now

  18. #60898
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    You are completely missing the point here my friend. I know what the Bible means, that is not the question here. The point is that when scripture is not printed "exactly" as written, then it is no longer scripture. You are not paying close enough attention to what dc said ( works/deeds ). There is no scripture printed in that exact manner, therefore it is man's words and not scripture. He changed the scripture, making it no longer scripture.
    A prime example of the word's of JESUS......swallow a camel and choke on a gnat........the bible states BOTH pal....maybe if you actually studied the bible you could figure out that you are missing the mark.....

  19. #60899
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Lawyers and Pharisees constantly break the very law they claim to uphold......the truth is simple...the law justifies no one....it does nothing more than prove guilt and condemns a man before God
    Romans 8
    8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:


    _______

    romans 9


    30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

    31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

    32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

    33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    Romans
    Chapter 10

    1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

    2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

    3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

    4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

    5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

    6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

    7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

    8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

    11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

    12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  20. #60900
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Actually my quote was good......note post 60854
    Your post 60725 was not good. You said it was scripture, but you cannot show it to being any exact scripture in any version of the Bible. It was your summation of a verse, but not an actual verse. Then when told it was not an actual verse, you proceeded to falsely call a man a deceiver. Are you denying you did this ?

    Is it not "missing the mark" to falsely call another a deceiver ?

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM