Page 3046 of 3075 FirstFirst ... 20462546294629963036304430453046304730483056 ... LastLast
Results 60,901 to 60,920 of 61497
Like Tree98018Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #60901
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    If you have proof I have deceived anyone with my words, then please show those words.

    Otherwise you bear false witness
    Last edited by loyaldisciple; 4 Days Ago at 03:52 PM.

  2. #60902
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preston39 View Post
    B...,

    Where did this ..."gotcha"...mentality come from? Not from G-d...that's for sure.
    Really...actually Jesus employed it quite a bit when dealing with the lawyers and Pharisees....

    Remember when they came temping him and asking him foolish questions trying to trip him up....

    He said...answer my question and then I will answer your...The immersion of JOHN was it from men or GOD........A GOTCHA moment if ever there was one...........

    WAKE UP.....all who push the law drivel refuse to say verbatim that they break the law.....and or that the law condemns and makes NO ONE righteous before GOD....

    end of story!

  3. #60903
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Your post 60725 was not good. You said it was scripture, but you cannot show it to being any exact scripture in any version of the Bible. It was your summation of a verse, but not an actual verse. Then when told it was not an actual verse, you proceeded to falsely call a man a deceiver. Are you denying you did this ?
    i have yet to see a post from you that doesnt reek of false gospel....

    you avoid questions while heaping accusations on dcon looking to establish righteousness over him


    "aha! .... gotcha"


    well

    do you

    or do you not think that a man is justified by works or the law?

    this thread was made to give glory to God

    to praise Jesus for His sacrifice

    and to show sapplings in error the truth

    as well as comabt wolves....
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  4. #60904
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Thank you Preston. This is exactly what I'm talking about that takes place on this site all the time. Truth tellers are attacked and ridiculed constantly in an effort to shut them up. Not working with me.
    You give yourself way too much credit............

  5. #60905
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    If you have proof I have deceived anyone with my words, then please show those words.
    have you suggested works earn

    keep

    maintain


    or lose salvation?


    if you push any of these lies

    you are indeed trying to decieve

    even if unknowingly
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  6. #60906
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    You give yourself way too much credit............
    Why are you avoiding the questions dc ? I thought you said you are a man of truth. Are the words you said below an actual verse or not ? And if so, exactly what BIBLE did you obtain that verse from ?

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.

  7. #60907
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Your post 60725 was not good. You said it was scripture, but you cannot show it to being any exact scripture in any version of the Bible. It was your summation of a verse, but not an actual verse. Then when told it was not an actual verse, you proceeded to falsely call a man a deceiver. Are you denying you did this ?

    Is it not "missing the mark" to falsely call another a deceiver ?
    It is scripture....the bible states both....go study the bible then come mouth......until then....your just grasping at straws.....funny thing...the Pharisees and Lawyers had the same problem....they absolutely could not admit error and rode their high horse straight to the pit while refusing to acknowledge their sin and or faulty stance......tragically I might add......!

  8. #60908
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,249
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Why are you avoiding the questions dc ? I thought you said you are a man of truth. Are the words you said below an actual verse or not ? And if so, exactly what BIBLE did you obtain that verse from ?

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.
    It is scripture and if you are too dense to understand that deeds and works of the law are one and the same then leave and quit bloviating your drivel...........and listen PAL.....if you are going to keep attacking me and or engage me get your facts straight...all you are doing is making yourself look foolish!

    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition: work, labor, action, deed
    Definition: work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.

  9. #60909
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    It is scripture....the bible states both....go study the bible then come mouth......until then....your just grasping at straws.....funny thing...the Pharisees and Lawyers had the same problem....they absolutely could not admit error and rode their high horse straight to the pit while refusing to acknowledge their sin and or faulty stance......tragically I might add......!
    ok you still claim the below to be scripture.

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.

    Now please show us the BIBLE version where you obtained this exact scripture.

    It does not matter if words mean the same thing. The Bible does not permit it's paraphrasing. If you cannot show us the exact scripture within the Bible then it is NOT scripture.
    Last edited by loyaldisciple; 4 Days Ago at 04:05 PM.

  10. #60910
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    It is scripture and if you are too dense to understand that deeds and works of the law are one and the same then leave and quit bloviating your drivel...........and listen PAL.....if you are going to keep attacking me and or engage me get your facts straight...all you are doing is making yourself look foolish!

    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition: work, labor, action, deed
    Definition: work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.
    amen........

    we arent justified by the deeds OR works of the law


    all glory to Jesus

    (despite how much some hate to admit it)
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  11. #60911
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Now we are seeing what happens when one has backed himself into a corner. He makes a million excuses, but will not answer the questions. You know you are not allowed to change scripture dc, even in the slightest, but that is exactly what you are attempting to do here.

    Please show us the BIBLE where you got that scripture from. OR you can be truthful and admit it is not scripture.
    Last edited by loyaldisciple; 4 Days Ago at 04:11 PM.

  12. #60912
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Now we are seeing what happens when one has backed himself into a corner. He makes a million excuses, but will not answer the questions. You know you are not allowed to change scripture dc, even in the slightest, but that is exactly what you are attempting to do here.
    says the one ignoring scripture and questions....

    right

    veeeeery hypocritical

    i can see why people blocked you


    if you ever desire to learn the word of God

    or what it means to be justified

    you better be willing to understand it does not come by the deeds/works of men
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  13. #60913
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    says the one ignoring scripture and questions....

    right

    veeeeery hypocritical

    i can see why people blocked you


    if you ever desire to learn the word of God

    or what it means to be justified

    you better be willing to understand it does not come by the deeds/works of men
    Look, you have no idea what you are talking about here. I happen to agree completely with the meaning of that scripture. I am not opposing the scripture here at all. What I am opposing is one altering it and then claiming his alteration to be scripture. I trust the true scripture just fine. The problem is that a man has altered it and still claims his words to be scripture. That is not allowed, but he refuses to admit the mistake of what he has done. And not only has he refused to admit his mistake in that sense, but he also has refused to admit his mistake in calling one a deceiver that is not any deceiver. Two mistakes he is refusing to admit, yet claims he is an honest man.

  14. #60914
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Look, you have no idea what you are talking about here. I happen to agree completely with the meaning of that scripture. I am not opposing the scripture here at all. What I am opposing is one altering it and then claiming his alteration to be scripture. I trust the true scripture just fine. The problem is that a man has altered it and still claims his words to be scripture. That is not allowed, but he refuses to admit the mistake of what he has done. And not only has he refused to admit his mistake in that sense, but he also has refused to admit his mistake in calling one a deceiver that is not any deceiver. Two mistakes he is refusing to admit, yet claims he is an honest man.
    youre making a strawman


    what part of "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law."

    is not true biblically?
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  15. #60915
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    youre making a strawman


    what part of "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law."

    is not true biblically?
    you are conflating a stand alone statement

    with another stand alone statement


    if i had said on one post i bring scripture


    and on another post

    i dont have my own righteousness of the law

    but the righteousness of Christ by faith

    (which is true)


    but im not exactly quoting scripture


    im still speaking biblical truths

    and i have not lied....


    you however

    are supposedly 93 years old

    and wrongly attacking a brother in Christ


    you have also falsely accused me of making a false accusation

    .....
    dcontroversal and tourist like this.
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  16. #60916
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    youre making a strawman


    what part of "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law."

    is not true biblically?
    I am not claiming that what he said it is not true biblically, I am claiming it is not an ACTUAL verse as he presented it. Because he changed it.

  17. #60917
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    you are conflating a stand alone statement

    with another stand alone statement


    if i had said on one post i bring scripture


    and on another post

    i dont have my own righteousness of the law

    but the righteousness of Christ by faith

    (which is true)


    but im not exactly quoting scripture


    im still speaking biblical truths

    and i have not lied....


    you however

    are supposedly 93 years old

    and wrongly attacking a brother in Christ


    you have also falsely accused me of making a false accusation

    .....
    You did make a false accusation in the spreading of your gossip that someone else may be a liar. It is not correct to be doing that with no proof of what you say.

  18. #60918
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    I am not claiming that what he said it is not true biblically, I am claiming it is not an ACTUAL verse as he presented it. Because he changed it.
    where in the post you quoted did he specifically say he was quoting a specific verse?

    he didnt...

    it was a stand alone statement

    he often will post actual verses

    and sometimes he fires from the hip


    division shouldnt be our goal here


    i know youre newer

    and im sorry if i came off as rude

    but there are MANY false gospel pushers here


    who believe being saved by grace through faith is secondary

    to having saving works

    and works keeping them saved....


    this is not biblical

    and based on the fact you were going after a brother in Christ over something so trivial and ridiculous


    you smelled of the same smell i see from these false teachers


    now i dont know if youre a brother or not...


    but i have no intention of being rude

    or winning a debate


    but i stand for truth


    and it is God that saves


    not man nor his deeds

    or his works


    the righteousness of Jesus is how any will be seen as spotless

    and perfection is what is required


    all of us have fallen short of perfection

    so our works CAN NOT and WILL NOT save us
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  19. #60919
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    youre making a strawman


    what part of "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law."

    is not true biblically?
    Do you notice that after dc has made an error in changing a verse that he will not admit his error and has instead left ? Do you also see that he is not concerned at all at calling one a deceiver that is not a deceiver ? How can these be the actions of an honest man ? If he truly is honest, and I hope that he is, then let him come back and admit to these mistakes so we can move forward in a discussion regarding works.

  20. #60920
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Do you notice that after dc has made an error in changing a verse that he will not admit his error and has instead left ? Do you also see that he is not concerned at all at calling one a deceiver that is not a deceiver ? How can these be the actions of an honest man ? If he truly is honest, and I hope that he is, then let him come back and admit to these mistakes so we can move forward in a discussion regarding works.
    i know he is a brother in Christ

    and i know your claims are ridiculous

    as does he


    i wouldnt address you either if it wasnt put on my heart


    you need help
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM