Page 3048 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 20482548294829983038304630473048304930503058 ... LastLast
Results 60,941 to 60,960 of 61678
Like Tree98300Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #60941
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by preston39 View Post
    l...,

    Neither with me....but, we are the target.

    Truth be known...most of the new age religion types and interpreters are ...left wingers. Anyone who disagrees with their slanted/radical/new age religion view..... is treated as out of order and attacked. Never mind the message..they want the head/blood of the messenger.

    I grew up in the 60's and saw the resentment of perceived personal restrictions that going to church and following Christ put on them. Young folks stopped going to church but, wearing a cross and professing christian status was the norm.

    Proceeding thereafter we saw the re-interpretation of scriptures unfold which allowed greater latitudes of personal behavior...."tickle my ears and tell me what I want to hear"....including the same approach by church leaders ensued. Fear of G-d and the lack of interest/belief/need for righteous living and eternal salvation became of secondary interest by the majority. This included such items as;

    OSAS (once saved always saved)
    Repented is saved
    no baptism required
    baptism was automatic in mom's womb from the amniotic fluid
    no need to request forgiveness of future sin...Christ already did it for me,
    no need to repent....just believe
    free to live the life desired without penalty,
    etc.

    All of which are great deceptions and when followed will cost their eternal salvation. In my way of moral thinking is a...regressive....group.

    Resulting from that revolt from Christianity are many, who we have today....they call themselves ...the progressive left.
    So very true, my friend. So very true.

    2TIM 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

    2TIM 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

    2TIM 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

    2TIM 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

    2TIM 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

    2TIM 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

    2TIM 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

  2. #60942
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,072
    Rep Power
    342

    Default Re: Not By Works

    ohhhh now i see

    both LD and preston and believers of a false gospel

    and call the truth "of the great deception"


    the bible teaches if you are born again

    you are saved and this means "always"

    to think you can be saved and born again one moment

    then un saved the next....

    is a lie


    john 6
    27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

    30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

    31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

    32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

    33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

    34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

    35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

    36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

    37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

    38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

    39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

    ___________

    hebrews 10

    39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

    (not of them)

    _______

    1 john 2


    18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

    19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

    (were not of us)


    and of course those who say Lord Lord and He never knew them



    you guys ought to seek truth..... ( God )

    this flimsy grace peek-a-boo salvation false gospel of temporary salvation is not of God


    by pushing this

    you lie about Gods character
    and seek to send His children astray looking to self for assurance rather than His promises
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  3. #60943
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,072
    Rep Power
    342

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Romans 8
    8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:


    _______

    romans 9


    30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

    31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

    32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

    33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    Romans
    Chapter 10

    1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

    2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

    3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

    4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

    5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

    6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

    7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

    8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

    11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

    12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.



    speaks for itself if you have eyes to see and ears to hear



    praise God
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  4. #60944
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2018
    Age
    67
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not By Works

    I'm glad I've "finally" come to a site that knows "the operation of God!" Thanks so much AuntieAnt for welcoming me to the community! I tried to send a message but wasn't allowed!

    Yes Auntie, I hail from Dallas, TX and quite frequently travel south to my birth place! You are welcome to contact me anytime!

    I'm not affiliated with an organization but get my commandments directly from God (Jeremiah 31:33-34)! He has given "revelations" (Matthew 16:17-18) that are not in agreement with secular "Christianity" and pray that for this reason I'm not banned for "proving" (II Timothy 3:16) "revelations" in Scripture as God said we should (Hebrews 6:1-2)!

    I looking forward to speaking to each of you again for "the edification of THE CHURCH!"

    I pray that "the eyes of your hearts be enlightened" (Ephesians 1:18) so that he "may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" (Ephesians 1:17).

    Blessings

  5. #60945
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I feel like i am in high school where the bully keeps saying someone he said she said, and everyone is just responding continually saying he is a liar, and the bully just laughs at them.

    Time to move on.
    Hi e-gratfull, and I say let the, "Bully Pound Sand", some Trolls think we human beings cannot actually see with our eyes and understand with our mind, that we are being taken for a ride by him. "Ignore trolls and they will get bored and go away."

    Good By Nonsense




    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Yes it is.........

    Internet Troll

    "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intent of causing maximum disruption and "argument."

  6. #60946
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,630
    Rep Power
    197

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I'm glad I've "finally" come to a site that knows "the operation of God!" Thanks so much AuntieAnt for welcoming me to the community! I tried to send a message but wasn't allowed!

    Yes Auntie, I hail from Dallas, TX and quite frequently travel south to my birth place! You are welcome to contact me anytime!

    I'm not affiliated with an organization but get my commandments directly from God (Jeremiah 31:33-34)! He has given "revelations" (Matthew 16:17-18) that are not in agreement with secular "Christianity" and pray that for this reason I'm not banned for "proving" (II Timothy 3:16) "revelations" in Scripture as God said we should (Hebrews 6:1-2)!

    I looking forward to speaking to each of you again for "the edification of THE CHURCH!"

    I pray that "the eyes of your hearts be enlightened" (Ephesians 1:18) so that he "may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" (Ephesians 1:17).

    Blessings


    I sent you a friend request, dear sister. If you accept it you should be able to email me.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  7. #60947


    VCO
    VCO is online now
    Senior Member VCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2013
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,124
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    If you wish to show a Bible version printed "exactly" as dc's words were written then you need to go on. Because you have yet to show one.

    LOOK AT THE LAST ONE, THEY USED BOTH, in once verse and in 8 verses later, the other. When a BIBLE VERSE STICKS YOU, it is because the HOLY SPIRIT has brought CONVICTION of what you once thought it was TRUE. My suggestion is to REPENT and GET BACK TO STUDYING THE WORD.
    Last edited by VCO; 1 Week Ago at 07:22 PM.

    t t t
    Titus 2:13
    VCO

  8. #60948
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    LOOK AT THE LAST ONE, THEY USED BOTH, in once verse and in 8 verses later, the other. When a BIBLE VERSE STICKS YOU, it is because the HOLY SPIRIT has brought CONVICTION of what you once thought it was TRUE. My suggestion is to REPENT and GET BACK TO STUDYING THE WORD.
    Hi VCO, you are always there speaking words of biblical wisdom, at the right time with love,
    God bless you!

  9. #60949
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    James 2:20-24

    Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

    Romans 2:6-8

    He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.
    Matthew 5:16

    In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
    James 2:26

    For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

    James 2:18

    But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

    If one uses discernment in placing all the Bible verses together and examines the true context of all of God's word, then it becomes clear that faith and works must accompany one another and work together. One without the other has to be lacking something. There are just way too many verses that say this for it not to be true.

  10. #60950
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    LOOK AT THE LAST ONE, THEY USED BOTH, in once verse and in 8 verses later, the other. When a BIBLE VERSE STICKS YOU, it is because the HOLY SPIRIT has brought CONVICTION of what you once thought it was TRUE. My suggestion is to REPENT and GET BACK TO STUDYING THE WORD.
    it does not matter if the verse said both, it was not printed "exactly" as he had it printed. Therefore, what he said was "his words" and not any verse. You simply don't understand. You cannot change a verse, even the slightest, and it still remain a verse. You keep attempting to get around this rule in the Bible, but you cannot.

  11. #60951
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,278
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    it does not matter if the verse said both, it was not printed "exactly" as he had it printed. Therefore, what he said was "his words" and not any verse. You simply don't understand. You cannot change a verse, even the slightest, and it still remain a verse. You keep attempting to get around this rule in the Bible, but you cannot.
    Get over yourself and this idiocy...the verse I quoted and then posted the Greek word PROVES that my use of works and deeds in the same verse was biblical...you are really looking foolish and not very biblical at all.....

    THEREFORE, we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law <---THIS IS BIBLICAL

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition:work, labor, action, deed
    Definition:work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.
    Last edited by dcontroversal; 1 Week Ago at 07:41 PM.

  12. #60952


    VCO
    VCO is online now
    Senior Member VCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2013
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,124
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    JAS 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

    JAS 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

    JAS 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

    JAS 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

    Very few people here ever truly listen to what God has to say. I feel Him telling me to depart from here and let people proceed in the ways of their own mind.

    You are one of the ones that WILL NOT LISTEN.

    ONCE AGAIN, HERE IS A PARALLEL PORTION OF SCRIPTURE THAT IF MUCH EASIER TO UNDERSTAND:


    1 John 3:14-19 (HCSB)
    14 We know that we have passed from death to life because we loveour brothers. The one who does not love remains in death.
    15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.
    16 This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.
    17 If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his ⌊need⌋—how can God’s love reside in him?
    18 Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action.
    19 This is how we will know we belong to the truth and will convince our conscience in His presence,


    It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION, it is how we are to LOVE after SALVATION, which is WHY GOD CHOSE TO PUT HIS LOVE IN OUR HEARTS.


    Romans 5:5 (HCSB)
    5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
    Last edited by VCO; 1 Week Ago at 07:49 PM.
    mailmandan and AuntieAnt like this.

    t t t
    Titus 2:13
    VCO

  13. #60953
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Get over yourself and this idiocy...the verse I quoted and then posted the Greek word PROVES that my use of works and deeds in the same verse was biblical...you are really looking foolish and not very biblical at all.....

    THEREFORE, we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law <---THIS IS BIBLICAL

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition:work, labor, action, deed
    Definition:work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.
    You are the man not appearing as honest here. You stated something to be a verse but can show no Bible where you obtained it from. You altered a verse and claimed it was a verse. That is either a mistake or blatant dishonesty and now that you refuse to admit that you altered a verse you are proving to be dishonest. Also you called a man a deceiver that is not any deceiver, letting your anger cause you to bear false witness against another. I suggest you do some soul searching of your own and begin to be more honest here. It is rather obvious you are not doing so.

  14. #60954
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,278
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    You are the man not appearing as honest here. You stated something to be a verse but can show no Bible where you obtained it from. You altered a verse and claimed it was a verse. That is either a mistake or blatant dishonesty and now that you refuse to admit that you altered a verse you are proving to be dishonest. Also you called a man a deceiver that is not any deceiver, letting your anger cause you to bear false witness against another. I suggest you do some soul searching of your own and begin to be more honest here. It is rather obvious you are not doing so.
    Look....end of story...you are false and not being honest...I quoted the verse, numerous people have quoted the verse, the GREEK word can be translated both works and or deeds....

    I suggest you get right and quit lying...all here can see it as plain as day....

    MY statement....

    Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition: work, labor, action, deed
    Definition: work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.

    The above and your incessant denial and lies have proven that you are very deceptive...we are done until you can be honest!

    ROMANS 3:28 BOTH are correct and biblical....and if you think not...you are blind!

    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    We maintain therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.


  15. #60955


    VCO
    VCO is online now
    Senior Member VCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2013
    Age
    69
    Posts
    6,124
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    it does not matter if the verse said both, it was not printed "exactly" as he had it printed. Therefore, what he said was "his words" and not any verse. You simply don't understand. You cannot change a verse, even the slightest, and it still remain a verse. You keep attempting to get around this rule in the Bible, but you cannot.
    I told you, he only paraphrased it.

    EVEN the KING JAMES VERSION, in the Original 1611 Preface, was openly ADMITTED to only be a PARAPHRASE by the Original Translation Team.


    Preface to the King James Version 1611, Part 1 of 10

    t t t
    Titus 2:13
    VCO

  16. #60956
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,278
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    I told you, he only paraphrased it.

    EVEN the KING JAMES VERSION, in the Original 1611 Preface, was openly ADMITTED to only be a PARAPHRASE by the Original Translation Team.


    Preface to the King James Version 1611, Part 1 of 10
    Post 60954 I directly quoted the King James and then backed it up with about 15 different translations and the GREEK word that can be translated both deeds and or works...

    He is incessantly posting deceitful statements and knows he was wrong, is wrong and refuses to acknowledge the truth...I am done with him....

  17. #60957
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Look....end of story...you are false and not being honest...I quoted the verse, numerous people have quoted the verse, the GREEK word can be translated both works and or deeds....

    I suggest you get right and quit lying...all here can see it as plain as day....

    MY statement....

    Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition: work, labor, action, deed
    Definition: work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.

    The above and your incessant denial and lies have proven that you are very deceptive...we are done until you can be honest!

    ROMANS 3:28 BOTH are correct and biblical....and if you think not...you are blind!

    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    We maintain therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

    Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law

    This is what you have said is a verse in the Bible. If it is a verse then tell us all here exactly what version of the Bible you obtained that verse from. If it is truly an exact verse, then why is that so difficult for you to do ?

  18. #60958
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,278
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Love this verse.....

    Therefore, we conclude a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law.

    Romans 3:28

    King James Version
    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. <--deeds can be translated works or deeds...BOTH are biblically correct....Note the Greek word....ERGON

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition: work, labor, action, deed
    Definition: work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.




  19. #60959
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,356
    Blog Entries
    76
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Get over yourself and this idiocy...the verse I quoted and then posted the Greek word PROVES that my use of works and deeds in the same verse was biblical...you are really looking foolish and not very biblical at all.....

    THEREFORE, we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law <---THIS IS BIBLICAL

    ergon: work
    Original Word: ἔργον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: ergon
    Phonetic Spelling: (er'-gon)
    Short Definition:work, labor, action, deed
    Definition:work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.
    Will he accept the Greek?

    Galatians 2:16 Greek Text Analysis

    Galatians 2:16 ►
    Text Analysis
    Strong's Transliteration Greek English Morphology
    1492 [e] eidotes εἰδότες knowing V-RPA-NMP
    1161 [e] de δὲ nevertheless Conj
    3754 [e] hoti ὅτι that Conj
    3756 [e] ou οὐ not Adv
    1344 [e] dikaioutai δικαιοῦται is justified V-PIM/P-3S
    444 [e] anthrōpos ἄνθρωπος a man N-NMS
    1537 [e] ex ἐξ by Prep
    2041 [e] ergōn ἔργων works N-GNP
    3551 [e] nomou νόμου of law, N-GMS
    1437 [e] ean ἐὰν if Conj
    3361 [e] mē μὴ not Adv
    1223 [e] dia διὰ through Prep
    4102 [e] pisteōs πίστεως faith N-GFS
    5547 [e] Christou Χριστοῦ ⇔ of Christ N-GMS
    2424 [e] Iēsou Ἰησοῦ, Jesus; N-GMS
    2532 [e] kai καὶ even Conj
    1473 [e] hēmeis ἡμεῖς we PPro-N1P
    1519 [e] eis εἰς in Prep
    5547 [e] Christon Χριστὸν Christ N-AMS
    2424 [e] Iēsoun Ἰησοῦν Jesus N-AMS
    4100 [e] episteusamen ἐπιστεύσαμεν, believed, V-AIA-1P
    2443 [e] hina ἵνα that Conj
    1344 [e] dikaiōthōmen δικαιωθῶμεν we might be justified V-ASP-1P
    1537 [e] ek ἐκ by Prep
    4102 [e] pisteōs πίστεως faith N-GFS
    5547 [e] Christou Χριστοῦ of Christ, N-GMS
    2532 [e] kai καὶ and Conj
    3756 [e] ouk οὐκ not Adv
    1537 [e] ex ἐξ by Prep
    2041 [e] ergōn ἔργων works N-GNP
    3551 [e] nomou νόμου, of law; N-GMS
    3754 [e] hoti ὅτι because Conj
    1537 [e] ex ἐξ by Prep
    2041 [e] ergōn ἔργων works N-GNP
    3551 [e] nomou νόμου of law N-GMS
    3756 [e] ou οὐ not Adv
    1344 [e] dikaiōthēsetai δικαιωθήσεται will be justified V-FIP-3S
    3956 [e] pasa πᾶσα any Adj-NFS
    4561 [e] sarx σάρξ. flesh. N-NFS
    Greek Texts
    Nestle GNT 1904
    εἰδότες δὲ ὅτι οὐ δικαιοῦται ἄνθρωπος ἐξ ἔργων νόμου ἐὰν μὴ διὰ πίστεως Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ, καὶ ἡμεῖς εἰς Χριστὸν Ἰησοῦν ἐπιστεύσαμεν, ἵνα δικαιωθῶμεν ἐκ πίστεως Χριστοῦ καὶ οὐκ ἐξ ἔργων νόμου, ὅτι ἐξ ἔργων νόμου οὐ δικαιωθήσεται πᾶσα σάρξ.

  20. #60960
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Post 60954 I directly quoted the King James and then backed it up with about 15 different translations and the GREEK word that can be translated both deeds and or works...

    He is incessantly posting deceitful statements and knows he was wrong, is wrong and refuses to acknowledge the truth...I am done with him....
    The exact words you posted in post 60725 are not found in any verse in any Bible in the way you presented them.

    Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law

    Show us where those exact words are in any Bible. That is not any KJV and it is not any other version. Here is the King James version and this is not what you wrote.

    ROM 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM