Page 3050 of 3080 FirstFirst ... 20502550295030003040304830493050305130523060 ... LastLast
Results 60,981 to 61,000 of 61585
Like Tree98127Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #60981
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    732
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Thank you VCO, and I have repeated the same thing, to "Paraphrase is an acceptable form of communicating God's word; Pastor's and Teacher's "paraphrase" God's word, even the bibles we use are a paraphrase of the original language/text. I have paraphrased God's word at times when I needed to, and I would venture to say most of us have paraphrased a bible verse.
    Romans 2:5-11 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

    Titus 1:13-16 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

    John 12:47-50 “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

    1 Timothy 6:3-5 Love of Money If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

    2 Timothy 2:14-19 A workman Approved by God Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
    loyaldisciple likes this.

  2. #60982
    Senior Member TruthTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,465
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Do you know what a paraphrase is?? THE KJV IS A PARAPHASE, translated from OLDER ENGLISH VERSION and the LATIN VERSION, NOT from the ORIGINAL LANGUAGES.

    DC used the two most common expression for that GREEK WORD and BOTH ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

    QUOTE:
    ergon
    Vine's Words: Deed, Deeds, Work, Wrought

    Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.



    THE GREEK WORK CAN BE TRANSLATE TO ALL OF THOSE MEANINGS.
    Thank you VCO, and God bless!

  3. #60983
    Senior Member Shamah's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”


    Zechariah 7:11-13, "But they refused to pay any attention--they turned a stubborn shoulder, and they stopped their ears so they would not be able to hear. Yes, they made their hearts like a hard adamant stone, in order not to hear the Law and the words, which YHWH of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Therefore, great wrath came from YHWH of hosts. Just as I called, and they would not hear, so they called, and I would not hear, says YHWH of hosts!"


    Ezekiel 11:19-21, “And I shall give them one heart, and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, so that they walk in My laws, and guard My right-rulings, and shall do them. And they shall be My people and I shall be their Strength. But to those whose hearts walk after the heart of their disgusting matters and their abominations, I shall recompense their deeds on their own heads,” declares the Master יהוה.”


    Seohce, Studyman and loyaldisciple like this.
    Exodus 20:6, “But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws.”


    John/Yahanan 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”


    John 14:23-24, "יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.”

  4. #60984
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    732
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Thank you VCO, and I have repeated the same thing, to "Paraphrase is an acceptable form of communicating God's word; Pastor's and Teacher's "paraphrase" God's word, even the bibles we use are a paraphrase of the original language/text. I have paraphrased God's word at times when I needed to, and I would venture to say most of us have paraphrased a bible verse.
    Romans 2:5-11 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will give to each person according to what he has done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

    Titus 1:13-16 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

    John 12:47-50 “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

    1 Timothy 6:3-5 Love of Money If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

    2 Timothy 2:14-19 A workman Approved by God Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
    loyaldisciple likes this.

  5. #60985
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    732
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Here is another literal statement....see who rejects this one and then goes off on an all day tangent without a leg to stand on...

    IN the grace you are, having been saved OUT of FAITH and that not of yourselves, it is the GIFT of God and not of works lest any man should boast.

    Gotta love the languages......sets us free from dogmatic religionists........and those who reject the truth......
    WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT ANYONE TO REFUTE SCRIPTURES AS YOU DO? WHY NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT YOU AND DON'T WAIT FOR YOUR MINIONS TO DEFEND YOUR DECEPTIVE ARGUMENTS.

    CAN YOU PROVIDE SCRIPTURES THAT SAYS JESUS WAS “CURSED" ASIDE FROM PAUL’S? I DON’T MEAN THAT HE HIMSELF CALLED JESUS “CURSED" BUT ONLY THOSE WHO TEACH A GOSPEL OF ANOTHER KIND WHICH IS NO GOSPEL AT ALL.

    Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

    WHATEVER THE LAW SAYS IT SAYS TO THOSE WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW.(rom 3:19). IT WAS CREATED BY GOD FOR MAN AND NOT FOR HIMSELF.

    1 Timothy 1:9-11 We also know that LAW IS MADE NOT FOR THE RIGHTEOUS but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and LIARS and perjurers—and for whatever else is CONTRARY TO THE SOUND DOCTRINE that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

    OUR LORD DID NOT CONSIDER HIMSELF UNDER THE LAW WHEN HE SAID;

    John 15:25 But this is to fulfill what is written in THEIR Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

    THE CURSE OF THE LAW IS “DEATH".

    1 Corinthians 15:55-57 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    “BY BECOMING A CURSE FOR US" MEANS “ BY DYING FOR US" SINCE THE CURSE OF THE LAW IS “DEATH”, AND THE GOSPEL CLEARLY SAYS THAT CHRIST DIED FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS(JUSTIFICATION).

    NOWHERE IN THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST TELLS US THAT “HE WAS CURSED” FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.

    JESUS IS THE “WORD THAT BECAME FLESH" AND THAT WORD IS GOD.(john 1:1-3 & 14) GOD IS THE SUPREME BEING AND AUTHORITY, THE ALMIGHTY LIVING GOD, THE CREATOR, LAW GIVER AND THE JUDGE(james 4:12) AND NO ONE CAN JUDGE OR CURSE HIM OR CALL HIM “CURSED".

    Galatians 3:10,13 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who DOES NOT CONTINUE TO DO everything written in the Book of the Law.”

    “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law BY BECOMING A CURSE FOR US, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”



    1 Corinthians 2:10-16 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: “For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

    PAUL CLEARLY DESCRIBED WHO ARE THOSE HE CONSIDERED “CURSED”;

    Galatians 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

    UNDERSTANDING THE ABOVE VERSE WILL BRING US TO THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE FF: VERSE;

    Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

    WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THAT THE LORD JESUS IS THE “WORD THAT BECAME FLESH" AND ACCORDING TO JOHN “THE WORD IS GOD". (john 1:1-3 & 14)

    GOD IS THE SUPREME BEING AND AUTHORITY WHO CREATED THE LAW FOR MAN AND NOT FOR HIMSELF SO WHAT IS MAN TO CALL HIM “CURSED"?

    WHO AMONG BELIEVERS WOULD QUESTION GOD’S VULNERABILITY TO CURSES OR WHATEVER EVIL ACTS AGAINST HIM? ...PETER EXPLAINS IT BETTER;

    2 Peter 3:14-18 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are HARD TO UNDERSTAND, which IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people DISTORT, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the ERROR of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.


    1 Timothy 6:3-5 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

    isaiah 5:20-24 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for THEY HAVE REJECTED THE LAW OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY AND SPURNED THE WORD OF THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.

    Hebrews 10:26-29 If we DELIBERATELY keep on sinning after we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has TRAMPLED THE SON OF GOD under foot, who has TREATED AS AN UNHOLY THING the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has INSULTED THE SPIRIT OF GRACE?

    .. GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED…

    ...LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR…

    John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

  6. #60986
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,270
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    We all know exactly what you did. You placed "your" words on a page and called it a verse. Caught red handed misquoting the Bible, then you proceed to make all sorts of excuses instead of just admitting your mistake. It doesn't matter if it means the same thing. What you posted is not the scripture of any verse in any Bible, yet you claimed it was a verse. Why don't you just admit you're not supposed to be doing that ?

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.

    Right there is what you said was a verse, yet it isn't found in any version of the Bible.I've asked you to show us all what Bible it came from 10 times and you just keep making excuses and won't answer.

    Sure it is, your too dense to realize it and have gone to seed on some idiotic stand against the truth.....and I was caught red handed is a joke from a cake taker....I suppose everyone who has shown you, argued with you and posted the verse as well is wrong as well......I suggest you take a step back and quit lying.....
    Budman and NoNameMcgee like this.

  7. #60987
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,270
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Do you know what a paraphrase is?? THE KJV IS A PARAPHASE, translated from OLDER ENGLISH VERSION and the LATIN VERSION, NOT from the ORIGINAL LANGUAGES.

    DC used the two most common expression for that GREEK WORD and BOTH ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

    QUOTE:
    ergon
    Vine's Words: Deed, Deeds, Work, Wrought

    Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.



    THE GREEK WORK CAN BE TRANSLATE TO ALL OF THOSE MEANINGS.
    AMEN....just another fraud.....spreading false half truths and I am done with his ignorance.....ALL can see he is wrong except maybe one or two deceived one's as well.
    Budman and NoNameMcgee like this.

  8. #60988
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,270
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Seohce View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT ANYONE TO REFUTE SCRIPTURES AS YOU DO? WHY NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT YOU AND DON'T WAIT FOR YOUR MINIONS TO DEFEND YOUR DECEPTIVE ARGUMENTS.

    CAN YOU PROVIDE SCRIPTURES THAT SAYS JESUS WAS “CURSED" ASIDE FROM PAUL’S? I DON’T MEAN THAT HE HIMSELF CALLED JESUS “CURSED" BUT ONLY THOSE WHO TEACH A GOSPEL OF ANOTHER KIND WHICH IS NO GOSPEL AT ALL.

    Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

    WHATEVER THE LAW SAYS IT SAYS TO THOSE WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW.(rom 3:19). IT WAS CREATED BY GOD FOR MAN AND NOT FOR HIMSELF.

    1 Timothy 1:9-11 We also know that LAW IS MADE NOT FOR THE RIGHTEOUS but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and LIARS and perjurers—and for whatever else is CONTRARY TO THE SOUND DOCTRINE that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

    OUR LORD DID NOT CONSIDER HIMSELF UNDER THE LAW WHEN HE SAID;

    John 15:25 But this is to fulfill what is written in THEIR Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

    THE CURSE OF THE LAW IS “DEATH".

    1 Corinthians 15:55-57 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    “BY BECOMING A CURSE FOR US" MEANS “ BY DYING FOR US" SINCE THE CURSE OF THE LAW IS “DEATH”, AND THE GOSPEL CLEARLY SAYS THAT CHRIST DIED FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS(JUSTIFICATION).

    NOWHERE IN THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST TELLS US THAT “HE WAS CURSED” FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS.

    JESUS IS THE “WORD THAT BECAME FLESH" AND THAT WORD IS GOD.(john 1:1-3 & 14) GOD IS THE SUPREME BEING AND AUTHORITY, THE ALMIGHTY LIVING GOD, THE CREATOR, LAW GIVER AND THE JUDGE(james 4:12) AND NO ONE CAN JUDGE OR CURSE HIM OR CALL HIM “CURSED".

    Galatians 3:10,13 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who DOES NOT CONTINUE TO DO everything written in the Book of the Law.”

    “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law BY BECOMING A CURSE FOR US, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”



    1 Corinthians 2:10-16 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: “For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

    PAUL CLEARLY DESCRIBED WHO ARE THOSE HE CONSIDERED “CURSED”;

    Galatians 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

    UNDERSTANDING THE ABOVE VERSE WILL BRING US TO THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THE FF: VERSE;

    Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

    WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THAT THE LORD JESUS IS THE “WORD THAT BECAME FLESH" AND ACCORDING TO JOHN “THE WORD IS GOD". (john 1:1-3 & 14)

    GOD IS THE SUPREME BEING AND AUTHORITY WHO CREATED THE LAW FOR MAN AND NOT FOR HIMSELF SO WHAT IS MAN TO CALL HIM “CURSED"?

    WHO AMONG BELIEVERS WOULD QUESTION GOD’S VULNERABILITY TO CURSES OR WHATEVER EVIL ACTS AGAINST HIM? ...PETER EXPLAINS IT BETTER;

    2 Peter 3:14-18 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are HARD TO UNDERSTAND, which IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people DISTORT, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the ERROR of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.


    1 Timothy 6:3-5 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

    isaiah 5:20-24 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for THEY HAVE REJECTED THE LAW OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY AND SPURNED THE WORD OF THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL.

    Hebrews 10:26-29 If we DELIBERATELY keep on sinning after we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has TRAMPLED THE SON OF GOD under foot, who has TREATED AS AN UNHOLY THING the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has INSULTED THE SPIRIT OF GRACE?

    .. GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED…

    ...LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR…

    John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    Your words carry no weight in the realm of truth and exactly why most have you on ignore......you, like your pal you are defending have both rejected the truth...end of story.....

    Good luck "both of you" with you false, working for I don't keep the law pseudo gospel.......

    I see the words "MANY" and "LORD LORD did we not" in both of your futures (by your false gospel)
    Budman and NoNameMcgee like this.

  9. #60989
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Sure it is, your too dense to realize it and have gone to seed on some idiotic stand against the truth.....and I was caught red handed is a joke from a cake taker....I suppose everyone who has shown you, argued with you and posted the verse as well is wrong as well......I suggest you take a step back and quit lying.....
    Here comes the slander talk from another person that has been proven wrong on this site. Let's see what all this one has to say.

    Dense
    Idiotic
    Cake Taker
    Liar

    And all of this from a guy who has just proven to have misquoted the Bible, come up with a million excuses and refused to admit it. And now, all total, he has called the guy that caught him changing verses a pharisee, a lawyer, a deceiver, a Liar, an idiot, dense and a cake taker. You left out the words "truth teller" my friend. That is what got you revealed. I guess you want us to believe God was controlling that slanderous mouth of yours too. I don't think so.
    Last edited by loyaldisciple; 5 Days Ago at 08:00 AM.
    Seohce likes this.

  10. #60990
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    Here comes the slander talk from another person that has been proven wrong on this site. Let's see what all this one has to say.

    Dense
    Idiotic
    Cake Taker
    Liar

    And all of this from a guy who has just proven to have misquoted the Bible, come up with a million excuses and refused to admit it. And now, all total, he has called the guy that caught him changing verses a pharisee, a lawyer, a deceiver, a Liar, an idiot, dense and a cake taker. You left out the words "truth teller" my friend. That is what got you revealed.
    says the false gospel pusher who believers in salvation kept by works



    you have proven this with your banter with preston

    to think you can lose salvation after being made new

    means you believe born again adopted children of God will be in the lake of fire



    it is not the will of man that keeps Gods children saved

    it is the power of God


    _______________


    1 Peter 1
    1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

    2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

    4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

    5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

    6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

    7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

    8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

    9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  11. #60991
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,356
    Blog Entries
    76
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    We all know exactly what you did. You placed "your" words on a page and called it a verse. Caught red handed misquoting the Bible, then you proceed to make all sorts of excuses instead of just admitting your mistake. It doesn't matter if it means the same thing. What you posted is not the scripture of any verse in any Bible, yet you claimed it was a verse. Why don't you just admit you're not supposed to be doing that ?

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.

    Right there is what you said was a verse, yet it isn't found in any version of the Bible.I've asked you to show us all what Bible it came from 10 times and you just keep making excuses and won't answer.
    Not sure what the real issue is here, but if you translate from the Greek version of the Bible, then he didn't misquote the Bible.

    You can disagree with him on other points.you can not like his manner of speech.

    However the point you are trying to make about his translation of the Greek doesnt hold water.

    "Ergon" can mean "works/deed"

    You don't need an English translation that directly says that because the Bible is written in Greek, not English.

    *********

    Still trying to figure out your stance on how salvation is by Grace and not works.

    It's a very important topic.

    We are saved by faith alone, yet true faith is never alone.

    We add to our faith, virtue, knowledge, self control, perservance, brotherly kindness and agape love..,thus will be fruitful in Christ Jesus.

    However we are saved by faith and not the things added later.

    Debate constantly confuses the issues.

    God tells us in James 3 to pray and tame our tongues.
    .often in BDF.,,,prayer is forgotten.

  12. #60992
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Not sure what the real issue is here, but if you translate from the Greek version of the Bible, then he didn't misquote the Bible.

    You can disagree with him on other points.you can not like his manner of speech.

    However the point you are trying to make about his translation of the Greek doesnt hold water.

    "Ergon" can mean "works/deed"

    You don't need an English translation that directly says that because the Bible is written in Greek, not English.

    *********

    Still trying to figure out your stance on how salvation is by Grace and not works.

    It's a very important topic.

    We are saved by faith alone, yet true faith is never alone.

    We add to our faith, virtue, knowledge, self control, perservance, brotherly kindness and agape love..,thus will be fruitful in Christ Jesus.

    However we are saved by faith and not the things added later.

    Debate constantly confuses the issues.

    God tells us in James 3 to pray and tame our tongues.
    .often in BDF.,,,prayer is forgotten.
    You can translate the words any way you want and the order they are in in his wording is not found in any Bible anywhere. He didn't simply have one word out of order he paraphrased the entire verse and added a slash. That is changing a verse and the Bible very strictly warns us not to do that.

    REV 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

    REV 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

    Then, on top of that, he slanders a person with a barrage of insults and claims he is on the high ground. Now if that isn't vanity, I never have seen it.
    Seohce likes this.

  13. #60993
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,356
    Blog Entries
    76
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Still trying to figure out your stance on how salvation is by Grace and not works.

    It's a very important topic.

  14. #60994
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Yes it is.........

    Internet Troll

    "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intent of causing maximum disruption and "argument."

    yep and as I have learned, if you keep responding to them, you actually empower them.
    Budman and Stunnedbygrace like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  15. #60995
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post
    Hi e-gratfull, and I say let the, "Bully Pound Sand", some Trolls think we human beings cannot actually see with our eyes and understand with our mind, that we are being taken for a ride by him. "Ignore trolls and they will get bored and go away."

    Good By Nonsense

    Amen bro.. I wonder if people actually did this though.. I guess we will see..
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  16. #60996
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Sadly it kept going. He is using this as a tool to try to discredit DC, He has no argument and he knows it. And if he thinks he does. He needs to go back to school

    his argument is that DC did not quote exactly as it was written. Well anyone who quotes any English text is not quoting exactly as written, because the NT was written in greek, so his argument s destroyed (a few people told him this, Yet he keeps going) the argument is over with.. Time to move to a next subject with him. if he wants to continue to make a fool of himself with this argument let him, let him have his temper tantrum and move on.

    He was asked a few times by a few people about his stance on grace. Force him to answer that.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  17. #60997
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,178
    Rep Power
    99

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by loyaldisciple View Post
    We all know exactly what you did. You placed "your" words on a page and called it a verse. Caught red handed misquoting the Bible, then you proceed to make all sorts of excuses instead of just admitting your mistake. It doesn't matter if it means the same thing. What you posted is not the scripture of any verse in any Bible, yet you claimed it was a verse. Why don't you just admit you're not supposed to be doing that ?

    Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the works/deeds of the law.

    Right there is what you said was a verse, yet it isn't found in any version of the Bible.I've asked you to show us all what Bible it came from 10 times and you just keep making excuses and won't answer.

    Faith is a work it cannot be separated from ones belief (faith) . By believing haveing faith something would appear the word of God from our faithful Creator he pronounced let there be and there was and he said it was good

    The same applies to our newly cre4ated faith that comes by a new heart and soul that will never die

    We are saved by Christ's work of faith as a labor of Love, it works in us to both will and perform His good pleasure.

    Its the kind of faith and works Abraham was saved by(imputed) .We cannot add to it or take away from it. The faith we are saved by comes by the work of Christ, in us...... not of us lest any man boast in false pride.
    longtrekker likes this.

  18. #60998
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    732
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Your words carry no weight in the realm of truth and exactly why most have you on ignore......you, like your pal you are defending have both rejected the truth...end of story.....

    Good luck "both of you" with you false, working for I don't keep the law pseudo gospel.......

    I see the words "MANY" and "LORD LORD did we not" in both of your futures (by your false gospel)
    STILL NO SCRIPTURE? BUT THANKS ANYWAY FOR THE "IGNORE".

    1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

  19. #60999
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2016
    Posts
    732
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Not By Works

    IT’S DISAPPOINTING TO LEARN THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE CHRISTIANS CLING OR TRUST MAN MADE DOCTRINES MORE THAN THE TRUTH IN THE SCRIPTURES.

    2 Timothy 3:15-17 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

    THESE SELF-PROCLAIMED CHRISTIANS WOULD REJECT GOD’S WORDS, LAWS AND COMMANDS TO DEFEND WHAT WAS TAUGHT TO THEM BY THEIR CHURCH LEADERS.

    Mark 7:6-13 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you HYPOCRITES; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; THEIR TEACHINGS ARE BUT RULES TAUGHT BY MEN.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “YOU HAVE A FINE WAY OF SETTING ASIDE THE COMMANDS OF GOD in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who CURSES his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then YOU NO LONGER LET HIM DO ANYTHING for his father or mother. Thus YOU NULLIFY THE WORD OF GOD by your tradition that you have handed down. And YOU DO MANY THINGS LIKE THAT”

    TO THEIR SHAME, THESE PEOPLE CLAIM TO KNOW GOD BUT BY THEIR ACTIONS THEY DENY HIM.( titus 1:16)

    THEY CLAIM TO BE ETERNALLY SAVED ALTHOUGH THEY ARE DEAD IN THE EYES OF GOD (rev 3:1-6)

    THEY NOT ONLY APPROVE OF THOSE WHO MOCK GOD AND TRAMPLED THE SON OF GOD UNDER FOOT.(psalms 49:13-15)

    Hebrews 10:28-29 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

    BUT THEY EVEN PRAISE THE ONE WHO CALLS JESUS “CURSED" WHILE MOCKING AND INSULTING THOSE WHO PROMOTE OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND HIS WORD THROUGH THE GOSPEL OF OUR SALVATION.

    Isaiah 5:20-24 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight. Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks, who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent. Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.

    “WOE TO THOSE WHO CALL JESUS “CURSED” AND TEACHES DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WORDS AND COMMANDS.”

    2 John 1:5-11 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. ANY SUCH PERSON IS THE DECEIVER AND THE ANTICHRIST. Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

    Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

    “GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED"

    “LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.”

  20. #61000
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,270
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Sadly it kept going. He is using this as a tool to try to discredit DC, He has no argument and he knows it. And if he thinks he does. He needs to go back to school

    his argument is that DC did not quote exactly as it was written. Well anyone who quotes any English text is not quoting exactly as written, because the NT was written in greek, so his argument s destroyed (a few people told him this, Yet he keeps going) the argument is over with.. Time to move to a next subject with him. if he wants to continue to make a fool of himself with this argument let him, let him have his temper tantrum and move on.

    He was asked a few times by a few people about his stance on grace. Force him to answer that.
    Amen.......a glutton for puishment I guess...done with his foolishness

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM