Page 450 of 522 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 10428
Like Tree11751Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Not By Works

  1. #8981
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,504
    Blog Entries
    51
    Rep Power
    166

    Default Re: Not By Works

    It's like a never ending cycle....

  2. #8982
    Senior Member Grace777x70's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,015
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Not hardly pal...Jesus saves and then works through us as a living sacrifice.....the root produces the fruit not the branches....your false theology rejects the clear evidences from both Creation and the Word

    That is so true..all of creation speaks of Christ and His work and how the kingdom works based on the fruit of His life. Not what we do in our self-effort and will-power.

    Oi Oi Oi!
    dcontroversal likes this.
    The new man in Christ - the new creation that is created in righteousness and

    holiness hears the heart voice of the Spirit and not an old head noise of the letter

    of the word. The Pharisees knew "bible knowledge" but they did not

    know God's heart and so they erred in really understanding what the

    scriptures were saying.


    The Lord wants us to look through His eyes and to live from His heart towards

    people, towards Him and towards ourselves as well.

  3. #8983
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Jim, please learn to read. I didn't call her a creep. I said it's creepy to keep posting pictures of babies..
    Blue you can forget it...the workers for twist everything that is said......seems very familiar...oh yeah....the one who twisted what was said in the garden...Jesus spoke about the Pharisees, who believed in a working for way, doing the same works as their father <---with a small f
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  4. #8984
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post

    That is so true..all of creation speaks of Christ and His work and how the kingdom works based on the fruit of His life.

    Oi Oi Oi!
    It is so obvious a blind man in a dark room could see and understand it.......!
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  5. #8985
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    It's like a never ending cycle....
    Ariel....either one stands for the truth and defends it or by default is lumped in with those who oppose it....their false gospel leads to hell....I will swing the sword though all hell breaks forth and the sun goes dark!
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  6. #8986
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    That depends in what part of Blighty one lives in.

    But me thinks our American friends like the so called English accent.

    Maybe we should introduce them to the hard Glaswegian accent, or the scouser accent along with the geordie accent.
    I know in Australia where I am currently...they love my Missouri hillbilly southern English accent hahaha
    BillG likes this.

  7. #8987
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2017
    Age
    65
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Not By Works

    the not of works dogma reminds me of the story of the little red hen...

  8. #8988
    Senior Member Grace777x70's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,015
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    It is so obvious a blind man in a dark room could see and understand it.......!

    We have all been there my brother and we all still are in some things and even in the things we think we know - we don't know them as we ought to know them.

    There is much to learn about the Lord and all that He has done for us! We haven't even scratched the surface of knowing the love and grace of our Lord and Father toward us.
    KJV1611 likes this.
    The new man in Christ - the new creation that is created in righteousness and

    holiness hears the heart voice of the Spirit and not an old head noise of the letter

    of the word. The Pharisees knew "bible knowledge" but they did not

    know God's heart and so they erred in really understanding what the

    scriptures were saying.


    The Lord wants us to look through His eyes and to live from His heart towards

    people, towards Him and towards ourselves as well.

  9. #8989
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,504
    Blog Entries
    51
    Rep Power
    166

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Ariel....either one stands for the truth and defends it or by default is lumped in with those who oppose it....their false gospel leads to hell....I will swing the sword though all hell breaks forth and the sun goes dark!
    I was just wondering where willybob came from.

    Why do folks like to make the scarecrow that you are against doing good works?
    dcontroversal likes this.

  10. #8990
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2017
    Age
    65
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    The "best we can do" are filthy rags.

    YOUR best is horrific in God's eyes. So spiritually blind. Really sad. And I don't mean that with a speck of sarcasm.
    Why number yourself among the wicked idolaters seeking to please God with religious works? The prophet Isaiah always contrasted these types against the righteous, holy, and pure believers....
    PeterJens, FranC and Seohce like this.

  11. #8991
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by willybob View Post
    Why number yourself among the wicked idolaters seeking to please God with religious works? The prophet Isaiah always contrasted these types against the righteous, holy, and pure believers....
    Another fallacy by one who pushes a sinless working for false dogma....

    John included himself with the use of WE, WE, WE AND US IN THE FOLLOWING...

    if WE say that WE have no sin WE are deceived and the truth is not in US

    YOUR STANCE proves two things...

    a. Your deceived
    b. You have no truth in you

    as evidenced by your false gospel and stance I might add!
    Last edited by dcontroversal; 1 Week Ago at 07:33 PM.

  12. #8992
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    I was just wondering where willybob came from.

    Why do folks like to make the scarecrow that you are against doing good works?
    Because Satan always stands against the truth....starting with CAIN who was of that wicked one...he pushed works as well....and false teachers will push the same lies SATAN and his followers have pushed from day one.....

  13. #8993
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post

    We have all been there my brother and we all still are in some things and even in the things we think we know - we don't know them as we ought to know them.

    There is much to learn about the Lord and all that He has done for us! We haven't even scratched the surface of knowing the love and grace of our Lord and Father toward us.
    I fully agree, but I will not sit here and let those who push a dogma that leads to eternal judgment go unanswered....I do not care if I have to respond 50,000 times with the truth about salvation...CAIN PUSHED WORKS, THE PHARISEES PUSHED WORKS, THOSE WHO DECEIVED THE GALATIAN ASSEMBLIES PUSHED WORKS and A WORKS BASED DOGMA LEADS TO HELL......we are in a war, we are told to fight the good fight, to stand as prepared for battle, to defend the truth, to contend for the faith.....I WILL NOT coddle nor cower to those who push a false gospel.....EVER!

  14. #8994
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by willybob View Post
    the not of works dogma reminds me of the story of the little red hen...
    It reminds me of Jesus and the PLENTEOUS IN NUMBER that come before his throne pushing works as their ticket into the kingdom.....they get cast from his presence because they trusted works over Jesus and his faith.....their theme song....

    We'll work till Jesus comes, We'll work till Jesus comes, We'll work till Jesus comes and then get cast away....

    Not by WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH WE HAVE DONE, BUT ACCORDING TO HIS MERCY HAS HE SAVED US!
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  15. #8995
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    11,459
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    90

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I fully agree, but I will not sit here and let those who push a dogma that leads to eternal judgment go unanswered....I do not care if I have to respond 50,000 times with the truth about salvation...CAIN PUSHED WORKS, THE PHARISEES PUSHED WORKS, THOSE WHO DECEIVED THE GALATIAN ASSEMBLIES PUSHED WORKS and A WORKS BASED DOGMA LEADS TO HELL......we are in a war, we are told to fight the good fight, to stand as prepared for battle, to defend the truth, to contend for the faith.....I WILL NOT coddle nor cower to those who push a false gospel.....EVER!
    dc - so a prostitute comes to Christ and stays in the profession. She believes, so is saved,
    what else does she need to do? Maybe actually repent and walk in righteousness.

    I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people
    1 cor 5:9

    But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
    Rev 21:8

    Now if you junk righteousness, junk repentance and keep faith, what you have
    is the world with Jesus. What an empty gospel.

    The farce is you mouth off about it like you are on some great mission, but
    all you are doing is standing up for compromised sinners who claim salvation.

    You have to not read the bible to be this blind to not know Gods heart.
    FranC and Seohce like this.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  16. #8996
    Senior Member Grace777x70's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,015
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I fully agree, but I will not sit here and let those who push a dogma that leads to eternal judgment go unanswered....I do not care if I have to respond 50,000 times with the truth about salvation...CAIN PUSHED WORKS, THE PHARISEES PUSHED WORKS, THOSE WHO DECEIVED THE GALATIAN ASSEMBLIES PUSHED WORKS and A WORKS BASED DOGMA LEADS TO HELL......we are in a war, we are told to fight the good fight, to stand as prepared for battle, to defend the truth, to contend for the faith.....I WILL NOT coddle nor cower to those who push a false gospel.....EVER!

    The lion of Judah has a roar! That is your part my brother.....It is a part of the body of Christ. May the Lord show us the wisdom we need to operate in our own part of the body that we are a part of. The false gospel that does not rely on Christ's work alone hurts all of us and those that are not here with us yet.


    dcontroversal and mailmandan like this.
    The new man in Christ - the new creation that is created in righteousness and

    holiness hears the heart voice of the Spirit and not an old head noise of the letter

    of the word. The Pharisees knew "bible knowledge" but they did not

    know God's heart and so they erred in really understanding what the

    scriptures were saying.


    The Lord wants us to look through His eyes and to live from His heart towards

    people, towards Him and towards ourselves as well.

  17. #8997
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    How does this relate to what Dcon said?

    Seems kind of extreme scarecrow making.

    1. How is he defaming anyone?

    2. Works are irrelevant TO SALVATION...because we are saved by grace thru faith in Jesus...however the Holy Spirit leads people to live godly lives.

    3.you wonder why folks get mad at you? Is cuz you accuse them of promoting sin and they consider that slander/libel.
    Amen....he is the only one I have on ignore....no matter how one addresses him he will twist, embellish and change everything we say....there are two or three others that do this as well....I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they are proving themselves to be just as corrupt

  18. #8998
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    11,459
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    90

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    It reminds me of Jesus and the PLENTEOUS IN NUMBER that come before his throne pushing works as their ticket into the kingdom.....they get cast from his presence because they trusted works over Jesus and his faith.....their theme song....

    We'll work till Jesus comes, We'll work till Jesus comes, We'll work till Jesus comes and then get cast away....

    Not by WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH WE HAVE DONE, BUT ACCORDING TO HIS MERCY HAS HE SAVED US!
    Funnily from those who scream miss representation, almost all those I know who
    talk about actually following Christ are saved through faith shown by obeying Christs
    commands.

    What is stunning is the anger, antagonism and judgmentalism of people who actually
    listen to Jesus and what He has said. Makes me wonder how many can actually remember
    Gods word or even understand it.
    FranC and Seohce like this.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  19. #8999
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    dc - so a prostitute comes to Christ and stays in the profession. She believes, so is saved,
    what else does she need to do? Maybe actually repent and walk in righteousness.

    I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people
    1 cor 5:9

    But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
    Rev 21:8

    Now if you junk righteousness, junk repentance and keep faith, what you have
    is the world with Jesus. What an empty gospel.

    The farce is you mouth off about it like you are on some great mission, but
    all you are doing is standing up for compromised sinners who claim salvation.

    You have to not read the bible to be this blind to not know Gods heart.
    This post proves beyond a doubt you are a liar and a deceiver and all who can read KNOW I do not push the lies you spew in this post!
    blue_ladybug likes this.

  20. #9000
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Not By Works

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I told you what they were, they were saved, long before they did those sins, and still saved today, because they believed god, and God accounted to them righteousness. Which is how ever person who will ever be saved got saved.

    their status did not change when they sinned, just their relationship, they needed grace more, and this is what grew them to become them men they became
    His color is starting to show.....another one who believes salvation can be lost...and if lost it has to be kept or earned by something he does or does not do......more fallacy and false gospels.......

Similar Threads

  1. Salvation is Definitely By Works -- God's Works, not Man's
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
  2. The Christian Has Good Works; Jonathan Edwards on Works
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 11th, 2014, 03:51 AM
  3. Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)
    By Atwood in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Replies: 598
    Last Post: August 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  5. works of the flesh contrasted with works of the Spirit
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM