Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 496
Like Tree521Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

  1. #261
    Senior Member peacefulbeliever's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2012
    Age
    64
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulbeliever View Post
    All born again believers have the same amount of faith - Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

    And I believe that I answered you previously:



    Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    I just wanted to add:

    It's not ME that would raise the dead - it would be by the power of God. Does God have the same power he had from the beginning? Does God still work through people? Are we not the hands and feet that do the work of God? Do I have trouble believing God will work through me? Sometimes . . . and as I said doubt negates the promises of God for if I cannot fully believe God will work through me to raise the dead . . then I won't raise the dead. I have no problem believing God will answer my simple daily prayers BUT the BIG things - yes, I do carry some doubt.
    BenFTW, Grace777x70 and JustWhoIAm like this.
    Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:2
    Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad. Pro. 12:25
    Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Ps. 19:14
    The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Ps. 33:11
    We learn to walk spiritually the same way we learn to walk physically-by walking.

  2. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2013
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,024
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulbeliever View Post
    All born again believers have the same amount of faith - Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.


    I don't think that verse supports your assertion. It doesn't say the measure of faith for every man is the same, either. Paul also says for the one who prophesies to prophesy according to the proportion of faith in the chapter.

    And I believe that I answered you previously:



    Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?[/QUOTE]

  3. #263
    Senior Member peacefulbeliever's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2012
    Age
    64
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by presidente View Post
    I don't think that verse supports your assertion. It doesn't say the measure of faith for every man is the same, either. Paul also says for the one who prophesies to prophesy according to the proportion of faith in the chapter.

    And I believe that I answered you previously: [/COLOR]
    Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    This is what I answered her previously:

    Do I believe, i.e trust that it is possible? Yes.

    Do I have doubt? Yes.

    Is belief, i.e. trust a two way street? Yes - belief, i.e. trust on the part of the one praying and belief, i.e. trust in the one waiting to receive.

    Doubt is the opposite of trust and any doubt small or great will negate trust and will effect the outcome.
    If God didn't give every man the same measure of faith . . . he would be a respecter of persons - and he is not. When we are born again, it is through faith in Jesus Christ.
    Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:2
    Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad. Pro. 12:25
    Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Ps. 19:14
    The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Ps. 33:11
    We learn to walk spiritually the same way we learn to walk physically-by walking.

  4. #264
    Senior Member JaumeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2011
    Age
    72
    Posts
    9,529
    Blog Entries
    35
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    When Jesus Christ raised Lazarus from his rest, He said it was for the glory of God.

    This tells me it was for the learning of all who believe Jesus Christ.
    It was the Father's will that this occur for unbelievers to be convinced by the works of Jesus Christ.

    This being indicated by no means discounts that someone may come along and in the Father's will raise someone from the dead, for our ways are not His ways.

    It may be helpful for those who believe to think onthe words of Daniel concerning the latter days when he was told those with understanding would be helped with little help............God bless you all who are in Jesus Christ and all who will come to Him, amen.
    MadebyHim likes this.
    From the Mouth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, or do you call Him Yeshua?
    Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.


  5. #265
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,709
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Something to ponder....at the end of the age miracle workers will come on the scene and even call fire down from heaven to the extent that even the very elect will have the possibility of being deceived....if true biblical miracles are still valid I have a few questions....

    a) why are the morgues full and NO credible resurrections from the dead
    b) how can one distinguish between the literal and the fake which deceive
    c) why are all Children's hospitals full

    etc.........
    The true will glorify God, they will point to the Lord. It will not detract from God but rather bring forth praises to a good and gracious God. The true miracles of God ignite faith. They point to Christ.

    As for why morgues and children's hospitals are full, we live in a fallen world. People die and people can get sick. Of course your point was to a lack of evidence and therefore skepticism. However I'd like to be a little blunt if you don't mind.

    People often say if such and such gift is still in operation today then go and do this. How convenient. Take off all responsibility to yourself and shift blame elsewhere. Why not look in the mirror? If you actually believed you could raise the dead, heal the sick, and give sight to the blind it would happen. You have the name of Jesus by which all things must submit to His lordship.

    Next time you want to tell someone to clear out a hospital you should be the first one in there praying in the name of Jesus. You might just be surprised at what the Holy Spirit will do through you. Too many will incite others to do miraculous acts all the while sitting on the bench. You've been equipped! Get up and hit a home run! There is work to do but somehow people have allowed themselves to be in a place of doubt and skepticism. Instead why not test the waters as Peter did and look to God? Did not Jesus say that in His name He will do what you ask to bring glory to the Father?

    If that be the case, He is faithful. All you need to do then is administer healing. Speak life and give a command as the apostles did at the gate known as "Beautiful" to the lame man saying, "Rise." For those that believe, have faith, it really is that simple. Its so very simple. "Pain go, in Jesus name." "New back in the name of Jesus." "Hearing be restored now, in Jesus name." This you can do, if you only believe.

  6. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTooFor View Post
    Well, that's all a few of us are saying: No one today has superpowers to zap somebody back from the dead...the way Peter did in the Book of Acts (and as a few apostles did also). Or restore someone from life-long blindness or paralysis with a "gift of healing" instantaneous zap.

    And while it must be an extremely harrowing experience to be brought back from the brink on an operating table as you were, I have heard such testimonies (again, not to diminish your story) dozens of times...from both Christian and non-Christian alike.

    But again, it's a wonderful story. No question.

    However...for as many times as I've heard this kind of story about being brought back on an operating table...not ONCE have I ever heard someone report they personally were cured instantly from life-long blindness or life-long paralysis when someone zapped them with their "gift of healing" super-powers.

    And so...I think I see a bit of a strawman being repeatedly set up here in this thread -- folks trying to suggest that because folks like me believe it is rather routinely observable that there are obviously no longer people running around with superpowers who are raising people from the dead...that this means we are ALSO claiming there aren't miraculous healings resulting from the "fervent prayers of a righteous man" and from the elders anointing and praying for those who are "sick".

    The more often that strawman is set up, the more it looks like folks are trying to distract from our main point...which is that no one is going around with a "gift of healing" in which they can simply declare people to be healed from the kinds of maladies Jesus was healing - profound blindness, life-long paralysis and death.
    ^^^

    THIS
    zone and dcontroversal like this.

  7. #267
    Member
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    John 14:12 says, they that believe. Could it be not believing, impatience, wanting things now when Father knows best. Christ let them wait until He was ready to raise Lazarus. He could have just spoke when He heard. The same way He healed the centurions daughter,Mathew 8.

  8. #268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    You might want to read zone's posts. She seems quite sure no one raises the dead anymore.
    I don't believe that anyone does either. But that doesn't mean that I believe that God can't. I have yet to see a post where zone has said that God can't do whatever He desires. There are miles of contrast between God choosing to do what He will and somebody claiming today that they have the same authority and power of the apostles of old. I have only seen zone ask that these claimants prove their words. None have ... because their words are empty. Empty words don't glorify God.
    zone and dcontroversal like this.

  9. #269
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    44

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    I honestly think this is personal for each person, but if you wanted to see a miracle, my salvation was nothing short. I can tell the story, and have it posted here, but when you saw what happened when I was saved, and those around me saw it. I call it my "Road to Damascus experience". I had a motorcycle wreak that took the use of my right arm completely, and I was broken by it. Everyone around me saw it too, for 2 solid years I wanted nothing but to die. I uncontrollably thought of suicide at least every 5 minutes for those 2 years non-stop. I couldn’t walk down the road without thinking about throwing myself into the oncoming traffic, BUT (ß I had a big “but”.) I had 2 sons here I couldn’t abandon like that, so I was just stuck here, broken, in pain, and having no idea why I had to live anymore.

    I thought I was a Christian before this happened, but it turns out I was not. My point is I thought I knew what that was so I was not seeking at this point, just loathing and wallowing in my own self-pity, but couldn’t stop it. Until it came to a head on Sept. 29th 2013, I was 33 years old and I hit my knees not even knowing if I believed in God at all anymore if I ever did, and just proclaimed my utter failing in life, my complete defeat, and my submission in one sentence. I just said “I can’t do this anymore, I can’t do this anymore, I can’t do this anymore, world I tried, you win, and I Quit!!!”, then I went to sleep.

    The next day it was about lunch time when I noticed “I haven’t thought about killing myself all day”. I put it together that day and realized I had been REALLY “born again” and all this “God, bible, Jesus stuff” was “REALLY REAL”. LOL, I think I walked around for a month with my jaw dragging the floor in awe that Jesus was TRUTH and I had been saved and indwelt by His Holy Spirit. That is how I knew and I can promise you that those around me that saw that change would not deny the power of God to do miracles these days, least of all me.

    I also don’t want to give the wrong impression that this is how it works for everyone, it’s not. I took some beating over the head to start thinking about bigger things, but my wife came to Christ alone in a quiet room with her bible. She has seen me give my testimony a few times now and at first would feel things like “I wish my testimony was bigger and more entertaining like yours”, but I thought about it and told her maybe mine is a bit “flashier” or whatever for “men”, but when we are standing (or bowing on my face really) in front of a Holy God I would much rather have your testimony and have come to Him the way He brought you.

    I is hard to answer your question specifically because it is a personal thing between God and you, but Jesus is the ONLY Way.
    Last edited by Jimbone; 1 Week Ago at 09:20 AM.
    Stunnedbygrace likes this.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    For the record losing complete function in my right arm is what led me to salvation.

  10. #270
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,192
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by plainguy View Post
    I don't believe that anyone does either. But that doesn't mean that I believe that God can't. I have yet to see a post where zone has said that God can't do whatever He desires. There are miles of contrast between God choosing to do what He will and somebody claiming today that they have the same authority and power of the apostles of old. I have only seen zone ask that these claimants prove their words. None have ... because their words are empty. Empty words don't glorify God.
    BINGO...........!
    plainguy likes this.

  11. #271
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,713
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by plainguy View Post
    I don't believe that anyone does either. But that doesn't mean that I believe that God can't. I have yet to see a post where zone has said that God can't do whatever He desires. There are miles of contrast between God choosing to do what He will and somebody claiming today that they have the same authority and power of the apostles of old. I have only seen zone ask that these claimants prove their words. None have ... because their words are empty. Empty words don't glorify God.
    Quote"There are miles of contrast between God choosing to do what He will and somebody claiming today that they have the same authority and power of the apostles of old."

    So God doesn't use people today like He did then? People cant be healed today as back then?
    Depleted likes this.

  12. #272
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,192
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenFTW View Post
    The true will glorify God, they will point to the Lord. It will not detract from God but rather bring forth praises to a good and gracious God. The true miracles of God ignite faith. They point to Christ.

    As for why morgues and children's hospitals are full, we live in a fallen world. People die and people can get sick. Of course your point was to a lack of evidence and therefore skepticism. However I'd like to be a little blunt if you don't mind.

    People often say if such and such gift is still in operation today then go and do this. How convenient. Take off all responsibility to yourself and shift blame elsewhere. Why not look in the mirror? If you actually believed you could raise the dead, heal the sick, and give sight to the blind it would happen. You have the name of Jesus by which all things must submit to His lordship.

    Next time you want to tell someone to clear out a hospital you should be the first one in there praying in the name of Jesus. You might just be surprised at what the Holy Spirit will do through you. Too many will incite others to do miraculous acts all the while sitting on the bench. You've been equipped! Get up and hit a home run! There is work to do but somehow people have allowed themselves to be in a place of doubt and skepticism. Instead why not test the waters as Peter did and look to God? Did not Jesus say that in His name He will do what you ask to bring glory to the Father?

    If that be the case, He is faithful. All you need to do then is administer healing. Speak life and give a command as the apostles did at the gate known as "Beautiful" to the lame man saying, "Rise." For those that believe, have faith, it really is that simple. Its so very simple. "Pain go, in Jesus name." "New back in the name of Jesus." "Hearing be restored now, in Jesus name." This you can do, if you only believe.
    You remember the blind dude JESUS healed and it took two tries.....and when Jesus said....ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH BE IT DONE UNTO YOU......

    It would seem it is more about the faith of the one "being healed" rather than any one man's ability..........as far as the dead being raised......God can do what he wishes for sure.....Have you raised one from the dead who has been dead for a few days or have you seen one raised from the dead who has been dead for a few days?
    plainguy likes this.

  13. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Quote"There are miles of contrast between God choosing to do what He will and somebody claiming today that they have the same authority and power of the apostles of old."

    So God doesn't use people today like He did then? People cant be healed today as back then?
    You're not listening. God can .. but there remains none today doing what the apostles of old did with Christ's given authority .. not a one. Name one that is ? And please ... no unnamed/unknown healers in the continent of Africa that can't be verified. Every miracle of our Lord and His apostles was verified clearly for all to see. Show me the money.
    zone and dcontroversal like this.

  14. #274
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    63
    Posts
    8,381
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenFTW View Post
    The true will glorify God, they will point to the Lord. It will not detract from God but rather bring forth praises to a good and gracious God. The true miracles of God ignite faith. They point to Christ.

    As for why morgues and children's hospitals are full, we live in a fallen world. People die and people can get sick. Of course your point was to a lack of evidence and therefore skepticism. However I'd like to be a little blunt if you don't mind.

    People often say if such and such gift is still in operation today then go and do this. How convenient. Take off all responsibility to yourself and shift blame elsewhere. Why not look in the mirror? If you actually believed you could raise the dead, heal the sick, and give sight to the blind it would happen. You have the name of Jesus by which all things must submit to His lordship.

    Next time you want to tell someone to clear out a hospital you should be the first one in there praying in the name of Jesus. You might just be surprised at what the Holy Spirit will do through you. Too many will incite others to do miraculous acts all the while sitting on the bench. You've been equipped! Get up and hit a home run! There is work to do but somehow people have allowed themselves to be in a place of doubt and skepticism. Instead why not test the waters as Peter did and look to God? Did not Jesus say that in His name He will do what you ask to bring glory to the Father?

    If that be the case, He is faithful. All you need to do then is administer healing. Speak life and give a command as the apostles did at the gate known as "Beautiful" to the lame man saying, "Rise." For those that believe, have faith, it really is that simple. Its so very simple. "Pain go, in Jesus name." "New back in the name of Jesus." "Hearing be restored now, in Jesus name." This you can do, if you only believe.
    Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    zone likes this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  15. #275
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,669
    Rep Power
    115

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by plainguy View Post
    I don't believe that anyone does either. But that doesn't mean that I believe that God can't. I have yet to see a post where zone has said that God can't do whatever He desires. There are miles of contrast between God choosing to do what He will and somebody claiming today that they have the same authority and power of the apostles of old. I have only seen zone ask that these claimants prove their words. None have ... because their words are empty. Empty words don't glorify God.
    And, you carefully pick and choose what you want to read, because that's not all of what zone said.

    I hope you don't work around contracts, because you'd have real trouble taking them as a whole.

    Billy did tell his story, and yet you ignored that too. So, wootwoot, you ignore what God has done to prove-a-point. Prove-a-point doesn't glorify God either.

    You're words are like, "Prove to me there is a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater," and someone shows one to you. Your reaction? "It's violet, not purple!"
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  16. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    He is the same, yesterday, today and forever. People of genuine faith are indeed seeing His healing, restoration, deliverance.
    People who argue and argue against it are not. We find His power in our humility, contrition, brokenness and surrender.
    BenFTW,Jimbone, and others here get it.

  17. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,120
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTooFor View Post
    Well, that's all a few of us are saying: No one today has superpowers to zap somebody back from the dead...the way Peter did in the Book of Acts (and as a few apostles did also). Or restore someone from life-long blindness or paralysis with a "gift of healing" instantaneous zap.

    And while it must be an extremely harrowing experience to be brought back from the brink on an operating table as you were, I have heard such testimonies (again, not to diminish your story) dozens of times...from both Christian and non-Christian alike.

    But again, it's a wonderful story. No question.

    However...for as many times as I've heard this kind of story about being brought back on an operating table...not ONCE have I ever heard someone report they personally were cured instantly from life-long blindness or life-long paralysis when someone zapped them with their "gift of healing" super-powers.

    And so...I think I see a bit of a strawman being repeatedly set up here in this thread -- folks trying to suggest that because folks like me believe it is rather routinely observable that there are obviously no longer people running around with superpowers who are raising people from the dead...that this means we are ALSO claiming there aren't miraculous healings resulting from the "fervent prayers of a righteous man" and from the elders anointing and praying for those who are "sick".

    The more often that strawman is set up, the more it looks like folks are trying to distract from our main point...which is that no one is going around with a "gift of healing" in which they can simply declare people to be healed from the kinds of maladies Jesus was healing - profound blindness, life-long paralysis and death.
    This thread was started by the op asking if there might be a reason WHY we don't see these miracles in and around our own lives.

    Maybe it's easier to not face that we have some areas of mistrust and unbelief and to just say it doesn't happen around us because God doesn't want it to any longer. But until we face those areas and deal with them, we can't honestly say that we know for sure that the problem isn't those areas and claim that God doesn't want us to see His power in this way.

  18. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    And, you carefully pick and choose what you want to read, because that's not all of what zone said.

    I hope you don't work around contracts, because you'd have real trouble taking them as a whole.

    Billy did tell his story, and yet you ignored that too. So, wootwoot, you ignore what God has done to prove-a-point. Prove-a-point doesn't glorify God either.

    You're words are like, "Prove to me there is a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater," and someone shows one to you. Your reaction? "It's violet, not purple!"

    I completely acknowledged Billy's story and give God the praise for it. Did I miss something in his post ? Did Billy state that somebody raised him from the dead with the authority and power of the apostles of old ? The rest of your post is a rant. Show me where zone has said that God can't do anything He chooses ?

  19. #279
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post


    Billy did tell his story, and yet you ignored that too.
    See post # 251

  20. #280
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?

    I would suggest we use the principle of 1 John 4:1. We must first test the spirits. And Isaiah 8:20 to the law and the testimony, if they speak not according to these words it is because there is no light in them. The reason I share these Scriptures is we have an adversary going around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour and be will think to deceive the very elect if it is possible. We must be careful even the Jews asked for a sign because of their unbelief. That is not to say God isn't performing miracles for even Jesus Himself said you will do greater wonders than these. It is are we emptied if self and allowing the Holy Spirit to use us and are we asking for discernment. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Why did the five wise virgins know the bridegroom was coming. They had the spiritual eyesalve to see God pouring out His promise of the latter rain (miracles of conversion with Spirit filled power) because they have a deep relationship with Jesus Christ in prayer and studying the Bible. Therefore they are able to discern God's true miracles to the counterfeit. When we abide in Christ we take the nature of Christ and are willing to be servants as He was a servant. We are seeing miracles because we are sharing the gospel and many are coming to repentance and a new life in Christ. I have seen many miracles of conversion in an addiction recovery ministry I lead out. We have to get our hands dirty for Christ. Do you want to see miracles ask God to show you how to give your all si He can use all of you to win lost sheep back to His Kingdom. God bless and God speed.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new apostles
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: July 8th, 2015, 11:18 AM
  2. Where did all the apostles go?
    By achduke in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: August 27th, 2014, 08:43 PM
  3. the 12 apostles
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
  4. Apostles!
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: June 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM
  5. The Apostles
    By resurrection33 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 11th, 2011, 06:35 PM