Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2916
Like Tree3419Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

  1. #41
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    If you think I'm going all the way back to 2014/15 for your comments you are nuts..........truly nuts........and I demand you apologize the Church of God Reformation Movement for your slur against them.
    PAUL...demand all you want...you made the accusations...NO PROVE IT or be found full of it! I SLURRED no one.....simple STATED facts about those who claim to be sinless, what they believe and what they accuse those who believe in GRACE say...now...post something relevant or....go find another thread to derail by false accusations, misrepresentations of truth and WHAT I STAND ON

  2. #42
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    [QUOTE=p_rehbein;3010228]Good, you need to stock up on 'em...............through with you again..............you just are not truthful and I have spent years arguing you about this junk...........

    BTW.........it is "I could NOT care less." Saying I could CARE less is saying you actually CARE........and both you and I know you don't give a hoot, never have.............so back you go where you belong[/QUOTE\]

    Perfect....clap clap clap

  3. #43
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,293
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    You are just now aware of the History of Dconn here on CC and his arguments/attacks against those who do not believe in OSAS. Otherwise, you would understand the youguys/OSAS'ers comments......Now, if that doesn't apply to you, then just ignore it........
    How would it apply to me or not?
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    [QUOTE=dcontroversal;3010231]
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    Good, you need to stock up on 'em...............through with you again..............you just are not truthful and I have spent years arguing you about this junk...........

    BTW.........it is "I could NOT care less." Saying I could CARE less is saying you actually CARE........and both you and I know you don't give a hoot, never have.............so back you go where you belong[/QUOTE\]

    Perfect....clap clap clap

    Don't make the elephant mad. He retaliates by ignoring you. Lol. So Christlike this elephant is.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    God says His grace is sufficient yet some folks insist on disputing God about His very own words and divine nature. Interesting.

  6. #46
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    [QUOTE=Sirk;3010233]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post


    Don't make the elephant mad. He retaliates by ignoring you. Lol. So Christlike this elephant is.
    Round two with me....accused me last time erroneously and then went off on me and blocked me....oh well....dialogos works wonders with me...accusations and lies do not!
    Sirk likes this.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    [QUOTE=dcontroversal;3010237]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirk View Post

    Round two with me....accused me last time erroneously and then went off on me and blocked me....oh well....dialogos works wonders with me...accusations and lies do not!
    I forgot what he was mad at me about. Had to do with Trump.
    dcontroversal likes this.

  8. #48
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    How would it apply to me or not?
    What he states is false....go read the whole thread-->his diatribe and vitriol was uncalled for...The entire post was directed at those who claim to be sinless, what they believe and accuse people who acknowledge grace dia faith eternal salvation...

    I have NEVER said nor IMPLIED that one must not confess sin and or repent...EVER!
    Sirk and BillG like this.

  9. #49
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    [QUOTE=Sirk;3010241]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post

    I forgot what he was mad at me about. Had to do with Trump.
    You as well as everyone who knows me knows I HAVE NEVER SAID or IMPLIED that one must not confess sins and or repent....it was blatantly false.......!

  10. #50
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    God says His grace is sufficient yet some folks insist on disputing God about His very own words and divine nature. Interesting.
    The bible is clear and I agree.....HIS GRACE is sufficient and were sin ABOUNDS (is abundant) GRACE did much more abound (MORE ABUNDANT THAN OUR SIN)

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2017
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,064
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Jesus said go and sin no more, these magicians say you cant, but yet they promise others liberty..How can that be? And of course they never describe what sins that cant stop...If they could stop sinning would they even want to? They have been under the lie for 500 years ever since Luther's marvelous discovery of the faith alone myth and go and sin some more..

    Don't believe the feigned words of man's maligned wisdom, but follow the truth in Jesus, for He can TAKE AWAY sin when one comes to the mercy seat of God in all sincerity, having no guile, having ceased from rebellion.....One would think that these wizards know all 7 billion people...Sin comes natural to them so they in their wildest imagination cannot comprehend a morally upright righteous man like Job..They will still call him a sinner..How vulgar and distasteful...There so ignorant they don't even know what the word sinner means in the text........God sends false prophets to test you and prove you...

  12. #52
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    67
    Posts
    21,491
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    214

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Just so people understand what I am speaking of. One must read the OP with understanding, so let us revisit the OP.

    The opening comment does point to folks who believe Christians can not sin........and Dconn says of these people:

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!

    and..........

    The following verses prove that even the most righteous men of the bible failed and sinned or had sin.....those who deny this...are missing the mark....

    IF that was where he had ended his description, I would have fully agreed with him. However he continued by saying:

    the only ones who reject this for the most part are those who

    a. Believe they can lose salvation
    b. Believe they must do good to keep it
    c. Believe they must blend faith, works and be sinless after salvation

    What Dconn is saying is that such people are wrong in their beliefs............false teachers, whatever. Now, he can claim he is ONLY speaking of those who think a Christian can not sin, however by IMPLICATION IF that is a false belief than categorizing them in with those who do not accept OSAS as Biblical Truth ARE ALSO false teachers. There is no other way to read/understand this OP. He is quite clear in what he both says and implies.

    But, he does not stop there either. He ends all of this with:

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!


    .................................................. .................................................. .....................

    We have had a few threads lately that reject the fact that as a believer we occasionally fail and sin....The bible speaks to this...
    The following verses prove that even the most righteous men of the bible failed and sinned or had sin.....those who deny this...are missing the mark....

    the only ones who reject this for the most part are those who

    a. Believe they can lose salvation
    b. Believe they must do good to keep it
    c. Believe they must blend faith, works and be sinless after salvation

    Daniel was a righteous saved child of God....anyone doubt that? NO
    John was a righteous mas whom Jesus loved and an apostle...anyone doubt that? NO
    Paul was a righteous man who was saved and wrote almost half the N.T...anyone doubt that? NO

    Notice their view under inspiration.

    For those who say the saved don't sin......or won't sin.......or are without sin......!

    DANIEL
    Now while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God,

    And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

    JOHN
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

    If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

    PAUL
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

    For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

    The only man who was sinless 100% was Jesus...even the most faithful men and women of the bible failed and had sin that they struggled with....the above re all present tense...NOT PAST TENSE......!

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!



    He can claim he was ONLY speaking of those who do not believe a Christian can sin, but BY HIS OWN INCLUSION of other beliefs, he IMPLIES that they ALSO are false, misleading and border line lying..........

    Dconn is not stupid! He is very adept at innuendo, word play, and shadow insults. Known his antics here on CC for years, and I assure you he knows exactly what he is saying and implying.

    Now, his buddies (the you guys I spoke of) will begin to appear and jump on the wagon with him and make sly and snide remarks about me and that's fine. This is their game..........it is how they are. Anyone who does not know this has not spent much time reading their comments/all of their comments.

    So, folks can read/believe as they wish, but Dconn does not fool me............never has............I denounced him years ago and do so now..............
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    [QUOTE=dcontroversal;3010244]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirk View Post

    You as well as everyone who knows me knows I HAVE NEVER SAID or IMPLIED that one must not confess sins and or repent....it was blatantly false.......!
    Of course. Your view of Jesus, the cross, salvation, redemption, sin and the gospel is rock solid and has been since I've known you.
    dcontroversal likes this.

  14. #54
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    The book of James even speaks to this.....notice what he states....

    Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2017
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,064
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Oh, and grace is the empowerment of the Spirit to live righteously, soberly, in the PRESENT world, Titus 2:11-14..Not unmerited favour....The unmerited favour is the forgiveness of past sins in repentance...They redefined faith, grace, righteousness, sins of ignorance, . They have to do this to make their Franken gospel that they stitch together for the purpose of hoping to bring life to it.....All who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness don't be fooled by these deceivers who admittedly live in sin, but are somehow promising others liberty if they join in.. Do they actually think sin humbles them?

  16. #56
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    Just so people understand what I am speaking of. One must read the OP with understanding, so let us revisit the OP.

    The opening comment does point to folks who believe Christians can not sin........and Dconn says of these people:

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!

    and..........

    The following verses prove that even the most righteous men of the bible failed and sinned or had sin.....those who deny this...are missing the mark....

    IF that was where he had ended his description, I would have fully agreed with him. However he continued by saying:

    the only ones who reject this for the most part are those who

    a. Believe they can lose salvation
    b. Believe they must do good to keep it
    c. Believe they must blend faith, works and be sinless after salvation

    What Dconn is saying is that such people are wrong in their beliefs............false teachers, whatever. Now, he can claim he is ONLY speaking of those who think a Christian can not sin, however by IMPLICATION IF that is a false belief than categorizing them in with those who do not accept OSAS as Biblical Truth ARE ALSO false teachers. There is no other way to read/understand this OP. He is quite clear in what he both says and implies.

    But, he does not stop there either. He ends all of this with:

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!


    .................................................. .................................................. .....................

    We have had a few threads lately that reject the fact that as a believer we occasionally fail and sin....The bible speaks to this...
    The following verses prove that even the most righteous men of the bible failed and sinned or had sin.....those who deny this...are missing the mark....

    the only ones who reject this for the most part are those who

    a. Believe they can lose salvation
    b. Believe they must do good to keep it
    c. Believe they must blend faith, works and be sinless after salvation

    Daniel was a righteous saved child of God....anyone doubt that? NO
    John was a righteous mas whom Jesus loved and an apostle...anyone doubt that? NO
    Paul was a righteous man who was saved and wrote almost half the N.T...anyone doubt that? NO

    Notice their view under inspiration.

    For those who say the saved don't sin......or won't sin.......or are without sin......!

    DANIEL
    Now while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God,

    And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

    JOHN
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

    If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

    PAUL
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

    For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

    The only man who was sinless 100% was Jesus...even the most faithful men and women of the bible failed and had sin that they struggled with....the above re all present tense...NOT PAST TENSE......!

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!



    He can claim he was ONLY speaking of those who do not believe a Christian can sin, but BY HIS OWN INCLUSION of other beliefs, he IMPLIES that they ALSO are false, misleading and border line lying..........

    Dconn is not stupid! He is very adept at innuendo, word play, and shadow insults. Known his antics here on CC for years, and I assure you he knows exactly what he is saying and implying.

    Now, his buddies (the you guys I spoke of) will begin to appear and jump on the wagon with him and make sly and snide remarks about me and that's fine. This is their game..........it is how they are. Anyone who does not know this has not spent much time reading their comments/all of their comments.

    So, folks can read/believe as they wish, but Dconn does not fool me............never has............I denounced him years ago and do so now..............
    You obviously cannot understand English...I qualified who the post was directed at...yu have issues dude!

  17. #57
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by willybob View Post
    Oh, and grace is the empowerment of the Spirit to live righteously, soberly, in the PRESENT world, Titus 2:11-14..Not unmerited favour....The unmerited favour is the forgiveness of past sins in repentance...They redefined faith, grace, righteousness, sins of ignorance, . They have to do this to make their Franken gospel that they stitch together for the purpose of hoping to bring life to it.....All who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness don't be fooled by these deceivers who admittedly live in sin, but are somehow promising others liberty if they join in.. Do they actually think sin humbles them?
    SEE the OP...the bolded above...accusations that are false here..NO ONE IS SAYING THAT!

  18. #58
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by willybob View Post
    Jesus said go and sin no more, these magicians say you cant, but yet they promise others liberty..How can that be? And of course they never describe what sins that cant stop...If they could stop sinning would they even want to? They have been under the lie for 500 years ever since Luther's marvelous discovery of the faith alone myth and go and sin some more..

    Don't believe the feigned words of man's maligned wisdom, but follow the truth in Jesus, for He can TAKE AWAY sin when one comes to the mercy seat of God in all sincerity, having no guile, having ceased from rebellion.....One would think that these wizards know all 7 billion people...Sin comes natural to them so they in their wildest imagination cannot comprehend a morally upright righteous man like Job..They will still call him a sinner..How vulgar and distasteful...There so ignorant they don't even know what the word sinner means in the text........God sends false prophets to test you and prove you...

    Another one who cannot read here.....more accusations like I said in the OP....your time will come soon!

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    You obviously cannot understand English...I qualified who the post was directed at...yu have issues dude!

    I think he is sinning! Lol. I can think of one scripture right off the top. "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit but consider another better than you consider yourself".

    'Pual' is a master at considering himself first. He should repent of that blatant disregard of a commandment in scripture. Paul doesn't need a mirror to apply his "makeup". Lol. He can do it with a 1500 word post. Haha
    Last edited by Sirk; March 10th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
    dcontroversal likes this.

  20. #60
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: Those Who Deny Sin in a Believer

    Notice how the accusers come out and accuse those who acknowledge the truth....and notice my last point!

    For those who say that we advocate a wicked sinful lifestyle because we acknowledge these scriptures.....this is false, misleading and border line lying.........!

    WILLYBOB pay attention......NO ONE is advocating a life style of sin....simply acknowledging that NO ONE BUT JESUS WAS SINLESS!

Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is A Former Believer & An Errant Believer Still Saved?
    By Enow in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 14th, 2017, 06:32 PM
  2. A believer is not sinless., A believer is guiltless...
    By ladylynn in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 265
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2016, 03:03 PM
  3. believer and non-believer relationship.. what do you think?
    By sheltooth in forum Filipino Christian Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: April 11th, 2014, 09:19 AM
  4. what is the right way to behave with a believer and a non-believer??
    By andrew12 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 11th, 2010, 03:22 AM
  5. Deny
    By Jclev2010 in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2009, 03:51 AM