Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
Like Tree27Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Were the first Christians Socalists?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    14,607
    Rep Power
    211

    Default Re: Were the first Christians Socalists?

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post
    No. It was voluntary. It was simply a matter of "Hey, I have two pairs of shoes, and you have none. Here, you can have a pair of mine." "...and 3,000 were added to their number that day." And more were being added daily. You can't go up to 3,000+ people and compare inventory, so it was easier for the people to bring their extras to the apostles, so that they could distribute to the needy in an orderly fashion. Never was it the intent or purpose for the apostles to demand property or money from the people and lord it over them with power-hungry desires.
    Actually, they were being shunned by their people and by the Romans, (before the Romans started slaughtering them.) So it was done as necessity. Something like the kibbutz -- old school.

    And it was pretty much demanded, considering that one couple didn't give their earnings from the sale of their property and were killed (by God) for lying about it.

    Their time isn't like today. They were outcasts for Jesus. That tough.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  2. #22
    Senior Member FreeNChrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    7,877
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: Were the first Christians Socalists?

    They were the opposite of socialists. Socialism is what's yours is mine. Christianity is what's mine is yours.
    Sirk likes this.

    “How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?”
    Gal 3:3



  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 15th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Were the first Christians Socalists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Embankment View Post
    Acts 4

    32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
    No. They were followers of Christ.
    And Christ did NOT heal everyone of their physical disease. He did NOT feed everyone who was physically hungry.

  4. #24
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    66
    Posts
    20,978
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Were the first Christians Socalists?

    ............has nothing to do with socialism........

    Quote Originally Posted by Embankment View Post
    Acts 4

    32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

  5. #25
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    66
    Posts
    20,978
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Were the first Christians Socalists?

    yeah...........nonsense...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    In a sense.
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

  6. #26
    Senior Member KALYNA18's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    841
    Blog Entries
    124
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Were the first Christians Socalists?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoinSand View Post
    No. They were followers of Christ.
    And Christ did NOT heal everyone of their physical disease. He did NOT feed everyone who was physically hungry.
    it's not good to post fake info. Jesus always when asked and others healed them, of physical diseases. He fead the multitudes, and many. no wonder you got banned. R u sure you know Jesus, and his teachings. Please read the word of The Lord.
    ]Colossians 3:3 { For you have died, your dead, and your life is hidden with Christ safely guarded by God.

    Proverbs 23:7 { As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he}

    Joshua 1:7 { Be strong and very courageous}​

    Luke 10:19 { I have given you Authority}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2015, 06:40 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 28th, 2014, 10:13 PM
  3. Replies: 147
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
  4. Court: Christians Suing Christians...
    By livingepistle in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 27th, 2013, 02:11 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM