In Bible Moses and Joshua killed all peoples in the cities during conquering. It is not wrong . Because
Main reasons ::
1) They are killed because the are sinners
2) They are killed inorder to prevent future invasions and rebels from them
3) Killing civilians in war is acceptable and legal in ancient world.
(1) In olden days , killing inhabitants after capturing their city is a part of war that practices by all race. Killing inhabitants in acceptable and legal .
(2) According to monarchy , if a king captures a city /country he have right on their land they conquered . So he can do any thing to the people he own. That is , they can kill the people or drove them away etc.
(3) Since the promised land is occupied by other peoples , mosses and josua cleared them for Hebrew settlement.
(4) Since the people worshipped other gods , Mosses killed them to save future from idoltery and praying to non -existing gods.
(5) If he leave the peoples alive , in future they will war against them. So in order to save future war Joshua killed them.
(6) Since the natural resources are difficult to get and store on that days, Moses and Joshua killed them to prevent famine and drought. If we distribute it with other race people , then it become insufficient for Hebrews .
(7) in some cities virgins live sinless. So he don't kill them.They taken as slaves. This shows his merciful mind.
(8) You will say , why they preached about god .. They can't because it is difficult to make barbarians understand. So killing is the only way.
(9) In olden days , all males must participate in war , if required . So Hebrew soldiers killed all people to stop them from participating in war .
(10) In olden days , there is no concept called genocide.. Killing civilians is a part of war. No one separated it from war.
The main aspect is to stop contaminating a race by the dirts from other race.
Notable points in genocide :
1) mosses and Joshua don't shows any partiality during genocide . They killed rich , poor , studied ,unstudied persons.. No one spared.
2) Moses and Joshua don't tortured any one , don't raped girls since it against human rights
3) All soldiers of Joshua involved in killing and they happy about killing useless people.
4) solderers went house by house , searched the house thoroughly and killed all humans in the house .
Some questions and answers:
1) Are they eligible to be killed ?
Yes. Since they sinned against god and worshiped other false gods.
2) Do Hebrews get benefits by killing them ?
Yes. They eliminated the people those are ever long threat to them.
3) Is killing is not cruel ?
The wages of sin is death.. So killing sinned people not cruel .
4) Why infants and children killed ?
Because they also inherits their parents sin. But since they are childrens , after death they can directly go to heaven. So no loss for them.
5) Why pregnant girls also killed ?
The girls are also sinned. The fetus inside them also inherits sin. Like said in (4) above , after death fetus can directly go to heaven. So no loss for fetus.