Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree20Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

  1. #1
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    1 John 4:10
    - MARCH 20 -
    LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD



    "You have to love God more! You must have more passion for God!” You have probably heard this type of preaching and may have even tried your best to love God, only to fail miserably.

    But what is the true definition of love? Let the Bible define it for us: “…this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us…” Yes, it is not about our love for Him, but His love for us!

    “Pastor Prince, the Bible says that you must love God with all your heart, soul and strength!”

    Yes, that is true according to the law (Deuteronomy 6:5), and even Jesus taught that as the great commandment when He walked on earth. (Matthew 22:37) But that was before He died on the cross. At the cross, He became the very fulfillment of this law for us when He loved us with all His heart, soul and strength, by laying down His body and life on the cross for us.

    Today, we are no longer under the law but under grace. And grace tells us that God loves us, not that we love God. Yet, we will love Him when we see how much He loves us. The Bible says that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! (Romans 5:8) That’s how much He loves us!

    Beloved, God has seen you trying your best to love Him. And because He loves you, He wants you to sit down and be still, and let Him love you instead. He wants to love you with all that He is and all that He has. He loves you unconditionally regardless of who you are or what you have done because His love is not dependent on you but on Himself. He will never stop loving you.

    So let God love you today. Don’t worry about loving Him. The more of His love you receive, the more you will fall in love with Him!

  2. #2
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Not only does Jesus DO all that God required for our redemption, but He continues to do for us what we can't do for ourselves and causes us to succeed. He becomes the fulfillment of the law for us in everything that is required. He leads the way and loved with all His heart soul and strength by laying down His body and life on the cross. And God the Father is well pleased.

    The wonders of this new covenant of grace says God loves us, not that we love God. But only in receiving are we able to give it back. To realize that Jesus does it all and what we do is follow and it works out just as He promises makes life a wonder each day. We can never lose.., we always win.
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,513
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Our Spiritual blessings in God's love through grace, Ephesians 1:3-10 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth."

    God's gift of grace for us because of His great love for us, not because of anything we've done.
    Ephesians 2:4-10 "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand, that we should walk in them."

    Why do we love Him? 1 John 4:19 "
    We love Him because He first loved us."
    Grace777x70 and joaniemarie like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Is Love not a 'two-way street ? and GOD has made the first move !
    Is it not right that we should respond ? how ?
    1Joh 5v3, for 'this is the love of God that we keep his commandments and they are not burdensome....
    what does that mean ? that they are not beyond our keeping them, but it takes time for 'rebellious man to learn obedience and become a son of God - Jesus being our example Heb 5v8,9.
    Stephen63 likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    Is Love not a 'two-way street ? and GOD has made the first move !
    Is it not right that we should respond ? how ?
    1Joh 5v3, for 'this is the love of God that we keep his commandments and they are not burdensome....
    what does that mean ? that they are not beyond our keeping them, but it takes time for 'rebellious man to learn obedience and become a son of God - Jesus being our example Heb 5v8,9.

    The more reading and learning I'm exposed to the more it's revealed that God took the initiative so we could be saved from the curse of sin that Adam brought on us. And then He keeps on taking the initiative by giving us the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. And that He works within us to "WILL" and to "Do" of His good pleasure. It's from God start to finish. We are told to abide on the Vine as branches.

    The more I see His continual approaching and making a way for me the more His love gets shed abroad in my heart. When the Bible talks about those who are going to be in heaven, it says a great number "innumerable"
    But it doesn't say that about those who are not part of the redeemed. I'm lead to believe more will be saved than those who will be lost.

    Also, God is not slack concerning His promises. He is giving people who still need to hear the Gospel more time to come to Christ. He doesn't want any to perish but that all would come to repentance. His patience and grace are very inspiring to be able to see the kind of love He has for us. Continuing to make opportunities for more people to come.
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    "Don't worry about loving God".

    According to Joseph Prince, we don't have to be concerned about anything..... conviction, repentance, not even sin. IMO, Joseph Prince is one of the biggest false teachers leading millions away from God.

    He will certainly pay for his sins.

    The Bible says we must work out our salvation with fear & trembling.

    Should the christian be concerned about whether they love God? OOH YES!!!

    Mat 22: 34But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together. 35One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

    BTW..... don't try that "legalistic opinion stuff"..... sin is sin, & unrepentant, premeditated sin will send you to Hell.

    People think they will slide into Heaven..... they will slide into Hell.

    According to Joseph Prince, everybody is going.

    But Jesus said, Mat 7:13“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

    Prince says that Jesus' words & teachings before the crucifixion are null & void because they're OT.

    Of course he's a liar, and a heretic..... not because I disagree with him, but because the Bible, Jesus, the Father, & the Holy Spirit disagrees with him. He is an (small a) antichrist.


    Hosea 4:6

    New International Version
    my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

    New Living Translation
    My people are being destroyed because they don't know me. Since you priests refuse to know me, I refuse to recognize you as my priests. Since you have forgotten the laws of your God, I will forget to bless your children.

    English Standard Version
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

    New American Standard Bible
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
    Last edited by Stephen63; March 21st, 2017 at 10:01 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post

    The more reading and learning I'm exposed to the more it's revealed that God took the initiative so we could be saved from the curse of sin that Adam brought on us. And then He keeps on taking the initiative by giving us the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. And that He works within us to "WILL" and to "Do" of His good pleasure. It's from God start to finish. We are told to abide on the Vine as branches.

    The more I see His continual approaching and making a way for me the more His love gets shed abroad in my heart. When the Bible talks about those who are going to be in heaven, it says a great number "innumerable"
    But it doesn't say that about those who are not part of the redeemed. I'm lead to believe more will be saved than those who will be lost.

    Also, God is not slack concerning His promises. He is giving people who still need to hear the Gospel more time to come to Christ. He doesn't want any to perish but that all would come to repentance. His patience and grace are very inspiring to be able to see the kind of love He has for us. Continuing to make opportunities for more people to come.
    Not exactly picked up on my post....but not to worry, God is patient....and so am I.
    I don't disagree with anything you said, but it seems the love you are talking about is all 'one-sided - not my view so I leave you to it.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    The malice and slandering is unbelievable. It doesn't take long for some to try to defile a good truth of knowing about the love of God for us.


    In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    1 John 4:10

    But what is the true definition of love? Let the Bible define it for us: “…this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us…” Yes, it is not about our love for Him, but His love for us!

    What is the outcome of believing in the love of God and in "knowing" the love of God for us according to the OP?

    So let God love you today. Don’t worry about loving Him. The more of His love you receive, the more you will fall in love with Him!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    774
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Grace777x70

    Yes, when people focus on loving God, often MORE than they love others, they are making an idol out of God.

    Idolatry:
    1. Worship of idols.
    2. Blind or excessive devotion to something.

    The number of blind people I've come across here is intoxicating. Doesn't make me wish to be here. I've realised what the issue is, it is exceptionalism, and who suffers that pride most, Americans. I have a whole load of them on ignore presently.

    I come here with my idea being that God is all about love, for God is Love. That means we must love others as God loves us, and within that our love for God is expressed 'through' our love for others. But I don't see much love going on.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    The malice and slandering is unbelievable. It doesn't take long for some to try to defile a good truth of knowing about the love of God for us.


    In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    1 John 4:10

    But what is the true definition of love? Let the Bible define it for us: “…this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us…” Yes, it is not about our love for Him, but His love for us!

    What is the outcome of believing in the love of God and in "knowing" the love of God for us according to the OP?

    So let God love you today. Don’t worry about loving Him. The more of His love you receive, the more you will fall in love with Him!
    If what I have said is malice & slander, then may God judge me for it.

    If what you said is deceitfulness & a lie, may God judge you for that.

    Now all we have to do is wait, yes?

    Is that so bad?!? Putting it into God's hands? He will judge us all for our works, whether they be good or bad.

  11. #11
    Senior Member FreeNChrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    7,877
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    Not exactly picked up on my post....but not to worry, God is patient....and so am I.
    I don't disagree with anything you said, but it seems the love you are talking about is all 'one-sided - not my view so I leave you to it.
    God's love is one sided. It is one way love. God's love is based not in the object of His love, but in Himself. Our love for God is the product of God's love for us. We love because God first loved us (1 John 4:19).

    “How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?”
    Gal 3:3



  12. #12
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Not sure how anyone could find fault with the fact that we can recognize that God loves us first and causes all these good things in our lives., not us. He wants us to enjoy Him. He gives us all things to richly ENJOY. What kind of parents don't want their children to move forward in the knowledge they are loved and cared for and secure in the parents unconditional love? If we being evil know how to give good gifts., how much more our heavenly Father Who is perfection?

    The reason we are fully saved is because the price was paid by the One who made it 100% right. He didn't miss a thing. If our salvation was on us., we can miss a million things today and tomorrow. I have found that knowing this gives me peace and rest here in a insecure world where life looks as if it's left up to happenstance. But not so when Jesus has completed the work on our behalf from start to finish.




    Last edited by joaniemarie; March 21st, 2017 at 02:38 PM.
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Johnny_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,513
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    Is Love not a 'two-way street ? and GOD has made the first move !
    Is it not right that we should respond ? how ?
    1Joh 5v3, for 'this is the love of God that we keep his commandments and they are not burdensome....
    what does that mean ? that they are not beyond our keeping them, but it takes time for 'rebellious man to learn obedience and become a son of God - Jesus being our example Heb 5v8,9.
    John 6:29 "Jesus answered them,“This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

    1 John 3:21-23 "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us."

  14. #14
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    John 6:29 "Jesus answered them,“This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

    1 John 3:21-23 "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us."
    No problem with that. Why did you feel the need to tell me ? Is it just 'to believe in the name of Jesus' and nothing else ?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    John 6:29 "Jesus answered them,“This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

    1 John 3:21-23 "Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us."
    I like it much better this way..... how about you?

  16. #16
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    I like it much better this way..... how about you?
    So do I, and it is certainly a step up from 'just believing which is only a basic level to start from.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    The reality is - believing in what Christ has already done on the cross and resurrection is "keeping His commandments". This believing in the love of God for us in Christ as the OP talks about brings out the fruit of His Spirit in us which is to love.

    Romans 5:5 (NASB)
    5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

    It is NOT in keeping the law of Moses as some would try to distort the gospel nor is it by what we do or don't do. That is called works-righteousness. The true righteousness is of faith in Christ's finished work on the cross and resurrection and that we too have died with Christ and now we participate in His life.

    This is all done by grace through faith in Christ alone. As we have received Christ - we are to walk in Him in the same manner. Col. 2:6

    Right believing releases the life of Christ in us to live righteously and godly in this present world as well as walk in His love. Love is a fruit of the Spirit within us - not something we produce on our own.

    He loves us dearly and it's only by Him living in and through us will the world see the love and grace our loving Father has for them.

    Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
    20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    zone and joaniemarie like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    The reality is - believing in what Christ has already done on the cross and resurrection is "keeping His commandments". This believing in the love of God for us in Christ as the OP talks about brings out the fruit of His Spirit in us which is to love.

    Romans 5:5 (NASB)
    5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

    It is NOT in keeping the law of Moses as some would try to distort the gospel nor is it by what we do or don't do. That is called works-righteousness. The true righteousness is of faith in Christ's finished work on the cross and resurrection and that we too have died with Christ and now we participate in His life.

    This is all done by grace through faith in Christ alone. As we have received Christ - we are to walk in Him in the same manner. Col. 2:6

    Right believing releases the life of Christ in us to live righteously and godly in this present world as well as walk in His love. Love is a fruit of the Spirit within us - not something we produce on our own.

    He loves us dearly and it's only by Him living in and through us will the world see the love and grace our loving Father has for them.

    Galatians 2:20 (KJV)
    20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


    Amen Grace777. The same way we received, that's how we walk in Him. It's also called the obedience of faith.
    faith is what engages everything else .... by grace through faith.
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    It's important to know as a fact that we are loved by God in these times while we are here on earth. There is too much at stake for our health and well-being of body and spirit that is solely based on our relationship with our Father while we are here on earth. We can't be any good for Him or others if we are not bold in the face of dangers we face in any given day and situation here on earth. No paralyzing fears allowed!

    For those of us who have received Jesus Christ as our Savior our eternal life with Jesus is secure and we will be with Him for sure no doubt. It's also about how we journey here on our way to "glory" We have been told to not worry., worry is a sin. So we are to worry for nothing. Phil.4:6-7 Worry stops faith from bearing fruit.
    Philippians 4:6-7Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

    6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
    7 And God’s peace [shall be yours, that [b]tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall [c]garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

    I have come to see our Father wants us to have secure and high expectations of Him and what He has promised. That He will certainly come through for us when we ask because He most certainly does hear us. It's for sure if we are worrying we have no high expectation and no faith He will come through so we will not see the promises come into our situations that way.

    If we don't expect great things because of our loving Father., we won't see great things from Him. I can't coast on what I learned in days past but have to be growing in grace and knowledge of Christ and believe for the promises He died to give while here on earth waiting for the time I get to heaven. He has so much for us to see and do here. We can't see or do them unless we dare to believe He really loves us and wants us to depend on Him. He will also give us many encouragements along our way. He has good plans for us., for good and not evil, a future and a hope.



    Grace777x70 likes this.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD"

    The reality is - believing in what Christ has already done on the cross and resurrection is "keeping His commandments". This believing in the love of God for us in Christ as the OP talks about brings out the fruit of His Spirit in us which is to love.

    Even old King James English couldn't say believing a single thing equals keeping a plural subject.

    This statement is a fabrication & a deceitful ploy to simply say 1 + 0 = 7.

    Such illiterate &
    malicious use of the scriptures needs to stop.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 189
    Last Post: July 12th, 2016, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 9th, 2014, 08:11 PM
  3. "" This Love Of Mine" by: Riezzy Marquez
    By reizzy29 in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 12th, 2013, 01:19 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM