Page 44 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 3434
Like Tree2638Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Sabbath

  1. #861

  2. #862
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Thanks Beta, Its so nice to meet so many great people here at CC. I have a bit on with work at the moment but will be back regularly when I have some spare time. God bless you!
    May God bless and keep you safe till we meet again !

  3. #863
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Dear Grace777,

    Thank you for your message. With all due respect I like to follow God's Word and study God's Word for myself. I would suggest you do the same rather then believing, copying and pasting other peoples interpretations of God's Words.

    So is it time now Grace777 to start attacking the messenger because you cannot attack the message?
    Is it because you cannot use God's Word to defend your position in God's Word that you feel you need to do this?
    Is it because you can't use God's Word that you feel you need to attack me personally as someone belonging to a "sect" and a judaizer because I believe all of Gods Word?

    This is such a pity but God told me this would happen already. After all they did the same to Jesus in His day. They even called our Lord Jesus Beelzebub and accuse our Lord of having a devil and the early Christians as belonging to a sect as well. Jesus tells us in His Word that the same things will happen to those that follow him....

    "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. (John 15:24)

    Jesus said that these people were blind leaders of the blind and having eyes they see not, having ears they hear not.

    Do you know the meaning of all of the above?

    God bless you my friend I think I will pray for you.

    PS I will not be around much as I have work on but will pop back in when I can. God bless you everyone


    Thank you for your prayers - I ask that you pray Paul's prayers in Eph 1: 16-18 and Eph 3:14-19 I will do the same for you my friend.

    On the contrary my friend - I have used the word of God to show that we are to live by Christ inside of us and not by the law of Moses.

    You simply refuse to believe what Christ has done and that the true Christian is not under the law anymore and you are free to believe what you want but people will stand against anything that is contrary to the gospel of the grace of God in Christ's work on the cross and resurrection.

    I am not attacking you personally - I am refuting your Sabbath keeping false doctrine that nullifies the grace of God in Christ's work by trying to get others to live by the law instead of Christ Himself.

    I do know the meaning of the blind leading the blind - I "see" it every day in some of these threads. They are exchanging Christ Himself for their law keeping.

    I encourage you to check out Sparkman's threads as they are very enlightening to this topic of Sabbath Keeping.

    I will ask this question though -

    If people don't observe the Sabbath day from Friday night until Saturday as the law of Moses speaks about - are they disobeying God and sinning? Thank you for being honest with us here so that we can see what is really being said.

    I see that you still have not answered my question for the 3rd time - do you believe that our loving Father sends His beloved children that are babies in Christ to hell?

    Thank you for answering these 2 questions so that we can see what is really being said.

    Have a great work day and bless you.
    JoDel likes this.

  4. #864


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    This is interesting - we both G777 and I like what you say and yet we are on opposing sides hmmm !
    I see it as NEEDING the suit/commandments in order to help us walk because without either we are totally handicapped/lame ...unable even to come to Chist ! Does not the law/commandments bring us to Christ ? so if we reject them how will we get to Him ? perhaps you can throw a little more light on the matter ?
    When God created Adam and Eve, they were one flesh. So they were two people and one person at the same time. (A bit like God and Jesus). Eve was formed out of Adam.

    God gave the commandment to Adam, not Eve, so Adam represented reason + authority.

    Eve was the flesh - Satan got to Adam through Eve, which is a picture of Satan subverting our reason through our flesh. This is the conflict Paul describes in Romans 7. In his mind he wants to go one way, but his flesh wants to go in an opposite direction. The more his mind tries to reason with his flesh

    "No you cannot look at her naked body"
    The more his flesh gets aroused
    "Naked body, did I hear you say 'naked body'"

    Crass example, sorry. The flesh operates according to its own dynamic. (The flesh really means our mind + senses combined).

    The only man capable of ruling his fleshly nature was Jesus. So only Jesus has authority over the flesh. The Law has no authority over the flesh.

    What the Law can do is prod you in the guts with a sharp pair of calipers and say:

    "That I do not like"

    "Sorry - what are you saying?"

    "That is unacceptable - that is unacceptable to me, God"

    The Law brings people to book so to speak. It makes them aware that what they are doing is not acceptable. (The classic psycopath for example really doesn't care how his actions impact others. Psycopathy is quite a natural reflex if you think about it - kill or be killed).

    Golding depicted how he thought mankind might be in a lawless environment in Lord of the Flies - totally atavistic.


    Imagine a sheep pen of 1000 people. 50 people listen to God, they have consciences. They will get consummed by the savages.

    Ideally all 1000 people would listen to God. How cool would that be? Spiritual Ants serving each other.

    But unless you have total inner desire to be with God, (Faith), you have to have a social communal order.

    So God throws a blanket over all them called the Law...it is not ideal, but it keeps the society in check, until they are mature enough to all want to walk with him.
    beta likes this.

  5. #865
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,141
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Hello Grace777,
    Ok I have a few moments before having to sign out for a while due to family and work commitments so I will make a few last posts. I think we are wasting our time however. At least I have done my part in trying to share God’s Word with you. The rest I will leave between you and God.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    Thank you for your prayers - I ask that you pray Paul's prayers in Eph 1: 16-18 and Eph 3:14-19 I will do the same for you my friend. On the contrary my friend - I have used the word of God to show that we are to live by Christ inside of us and not by the law of Moses. You simply refuse to believe what Christ has done and that the true Christian is not under the law anymore and you are free to believe what you want but people will stand against anything that is contrary to the gospel of the grace of God in Christ's work on the cross and resurrection.
    Grace777, Firstly, I do not follow the Laws of Moses and I do not think you understand the difference between what was written by man inspired by God’s Spirit in a book and what was written with the finger of God on tables of stone and spoken by God himself but that is another story. The Word of God is there if you want to read it for yourself. I think why you feel the need to attack God’s Word is because deep down in-side God is telling you that you are building on sifting sand and if this is correct everything you have believed in the past is a lie. Nothing that you have said above has any basis in fact or in the Word of God but you can keep telling yourself everything is ok or you can start to seek Jesus through His Word for yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    I am not attacking you personally - I am refuting your Sabbath keeping false doctrine that nullifies the grace of God in Christ's work by trying to get others to live by the law instead of Christ Himself. I do know the meaning of the blind leading the blind - I "see" it every day in some of these threads. They are exchanging Christ Himself for their law keeping.
    Hmmm now weren’t you just calling me a “Judaizer” and from a “sect” in your previous posts? Maybe I did not read this correctly. So Grace777, really? Are you now calling the Words of God “False doctrine”? Now are you really telling the truth when you are saying that “I am following the Law instead of Christ himself” Now who in CC have I ever told they must follow the law instead of Christ? I will let God be your judge for the comments above.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    I will ask this question though -
    If people don't observe the Sabbath day from Friday night until Saturday as the law of Moses speaks about - are they disobeying God and sinning? Thank you for being honest with us here so that we can see what is really being said. I see that you still have not answered my question for the 3rd time - do you believe that our loving Father sends His beloved children that are babies in Christ to hell? Thank you for answering these 2 questions so that we can see what is really being said. Have a great work day and bless you.

    I will leave you with God’s Word to answer both your questions above (if you are referring to God’s Law).

    “And in times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. Because he hath appointed a day, in which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.” (Acts 17:30-31)

    For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Heb 10:26-27)


    Another words in times of ignorance God does not hold us accountable to things we do not know about, but when God sends us a knowledge of the truth and we willfully reject God’s Word, there is nothing else that God can do to save us. My prayer for you Grace777 is that you will not reject God’s Word because it has come to you.


    God bless you

  6. #866
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2011
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,032
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Galatians 3:10-12
    10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.


    You can't pick and choose which law(s) you want to keep. If you pick one you are bound to obey the whole book of the law.

    I would gladly join in with you in your quest to be a perfect Jew if I didn't know there was a better Way. That's the whole reason we don't follow the law in our carnal understanding anymore.
    J7 likes this.

  7. #867
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello Grace777,
    Ok I have a few moments before having to sign out for a while due to family and work commitments so I will make a few last posts. I think we are wasting our time however. At least I have done my part in trying to share God’s Word with you. The rest I will leave between you and God.

    Grace777, Firstly, I do not follow the Laws of Moses and I do not think you understand the difference between what was written by man inspired by God’s Spirit in a book and what was written with the finger of God on tables of stone and spoken by God himself but that is another story. The Word of God is there if you want to read it for yourself. I think why you feel the need to attack God’s Word is because deep down in-side God is telling you that you are building on sifting sand and if this is correct everything you have believed in the past is a lie. Nothing that you have said above has any basis in fact or in the Word of God but you can keep telling yourself everything is ok or you can start to seek Jesus through His Word for yourself.


    Hmmm now weren’t you just calling me a “Judaizer” and from a “sect” in your previous posts? Maybe I did not read this correctly. So Grace777, really? Are you now calling the Words of God “False doctrine”? Now are you really telling the truth when you are saying that “I am following the Law instead of Christ himself” Now who in CC have I ever told they must follow the law instead of Christ? I will let God be your judge for the comments above.





    I will leave you with God’s Word to answer both your questions above (if you are referring to God’s Law).

    “And in times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. Because he hath appointed a day, in which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.” (Acts 17:30-31)

    For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Heb 10:26-27)


    Another words in times of ignorance God does not hold us accountable to things we do not know about, but when God sends us a knowledge of the truth and we willfully reject God’s Word, there is nothing else that God can do to save us. My prayer for you Grace777 is that you will not reject God’s Word because it has come to you.


    God bless you
    Again you are saying that if I don't agree with your religion's belief in some scriptures - I am against the word of God and calling the word of God false doctrine. That is complete religious nonsense and spiritual manipulation.

    Actually Sparkman talks about these tactics in his thread on how certain sects interact with others. In is in the previous post where I showed you his thread. I know you reject others teachings but perhaps the readers of the thread will go to see what is really being said.

    Again you have not been forthright and answered my questions. I'll try once more and then just leave it in the hands of the Lord.


    Originally Posted by Grace777x70

    I will ask this question though -
    If people don't observe the Sabbath day from Friday night until Saturday as the law of Moses speaks about - are they disobeying God and sinning? Thank you for being honest with us here so that we can see what is really being said.

    I see that you still have not answered my question for the 3rd time - do you believe that our loving Father sends His beloved children that are babies in Christ to hell?

    Thank you for answering these 2 questions so that we can see what is really being said. Have a great work day and bless you.
    JoDel likes this.

  8. #868
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Hebrews 10:26 can be a stumbling block if we don't take the context in which this passage was written.

    Some times well intentioned people take Hebrews 10:26-29 out of context with the book of Hebrews.

    Anyone can take an isolated scripture out of it's context and say anything they want. Here is an example in the scripture below - Ex 32:33.
    Anyone who has ever sinned is blotted out of God's book.

    Exodus 32:33 (NASB)
    33 The LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.

    This is truly stated in the OT but it is not the ultimate statement of truth. The work of Jesus's finished work on the cross trumps what is said in Ex. 32:33.

    Obviously we need to view all scripture through the finished work of Christ. We don't take obscure verses and discount the abundance of clear scriptures on what our Lord has done for us.

    Hebrews 10 is talking about Jewish people after hearing about Christ for the only sacrifice for sins and rejecting it to go back to the temple sacrifices for their sins.

    Hebrews was written a few years before the temple system came crashing down in 70AD when it was trampled by the Roman army.

    The "willful sinning" is after hearing the "knowledge" of the truth of Christ's sacrifice - those that go back to the temple sacrifices and do not receive Christ's work by faith - this is the wilful sinning being talked about - the rejection of Christ's sacrifice and blood for the forgiveness of all sins.

    This is insulting the Spirit of grace. The Holy Spirit's work is to convict/convince/expose the world of their sin - which is unbelief in Christ's work. John 16:8-9

    There is a vast difference between receiving the "knowledge" of the truth and "receiving the truth" which is Christ Himself.
    JoDel likes this.

  9. #869
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,141
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Sorry Grace777 I have no more to say to you because you reject God's Words. Its between you and God now. I have to leave now but thought I would leave you with some more of God's Words for you to consider. Here is 100 fun facts backed up with God’s Word regarding God’s Sabbath and Sunday Worship. Have fun now.

    1. After working the first six days of the week in creating this earth, the great God rested on the seventh day. (Genesis 2:1.3.)

    2.
    This stamped that day as God’s rest day, or Sabbath day, as Sabbath day means rest day. To illustrate: When a person is born on a certain day, that day thus becomes his birthday. So when God rested upon the seventh day, that day became His rest, or Sabbath, day.

    3.
    Therefore the seventh day must always be God’s Sabbath day. Can you change your birthday from the day on which you were born to one on which you were not born? No. Neither can you change God’s rest day to a day on which He did not rest. Hence the seventh day is still God’s Sabbath day.

    4.
    The Creator blessed the seventh day. (Genesis 2:3.)

    5.
    He sanctified the seventh day. (Exodus 20:11.)

    6.
    He made it the Sabbath day in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:1-3.)

    7.
    It was made before the fall; hence it is not a type; for types were not introduced till after the fall.

    8.
    Jesus says it was made for man (Mark 2:27), that is, for the race, as the word man is here unlimited; hence, for the Gentile as well as for the Jew.

    9.
    It is a memorial of creation. (Exodus 20:11; 31:17.) Every time we rest upon the seventh day, as God did at creation, we commemorate that grand event.

    10.
    It was given to Adam, the head of the human race. (Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3.)

    11.
    Hence through him, as our representative, to all nations. (Acts 17:26.)

    12.
    It is’ not a Jewish institution, for it was made 2,300 years before ever there was a Jew.

    13.
    The Bible never calls it the Jewish Sabbath, but always “the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.” Men should be cautious how they stigmatize God’s holy rest day.

    14.
    Evident reference is made to the Sabbath and the seven-day week all, through the patriarchal age. (Genesis 2:1-3; 8:10-12; 29:27-28.etc.)

    15.
    It was a part of God’s law before Sinai. (Exodus 16:4, 27-29.)

    16.
    Then God placed it in the heart of His moral law. (Exodus 20:1-17.) Why did He place it there if it was not like the other nine precepts, which all admit to be immutable?

    17.
    The seventh-day Sabbath was commanded by the voice of the living God. (Deuteronomy 4:12-13.)

    18.
    Then He wrote the Commandment with His own finger. (Exodus 31:18.)

    19.
    He engraved it in the enduring stone, indicating its imperishable nature. (Deuteronomy 5:22.)

    20.
    It was sacredly preserved in the ark in the holy of holies. (Deuteronomy 10:1-5.)

    21.
    God forbade work upon the Sabbath, even in the most hurrying times. (Exodus 34:21.)

    22.
    God destroyed the Israelites in the wilderness because they profaned the Sabbath. (Ezekiel 20:12-13.)

    23.
    It is the sign of the true God, by which we are to know Him from false gods. (Ezekiel 20:20.)

    24.
    God promised that Jerusalem should stand forever if the Jews would keep the Sabbath (Jeremiah 17:24-25.)

    25.
    He sent them into the Babylonish captivity for breaking it. (Nehemiah 13:18.)

    26.
    He destroyed Jerusalem for its violation. (Jeremiah 17:27.)

    27.
    God has pronounced a special blessing on all the Gentiles who will keep it. (Isaiah 56:6-7.)

    28.
    This is in the prophecy, which refers wholly to the Christian dispensation. (See Isaiah 56.)

    29.
    God has promised to bless all who keep the Sabbath. (Isaiah 56:2.)

    30.
    The Lord requires us to call it “honourable.” (Isaiah 58:13.) Beware, ye who take delight in calling it the. “old
    Jewish Sabbath,” “a yoke of bondage,” etc.

    31.
    After the holy Sabbath has been trodden down “many generations,” it is to be restored in the last days. (Isaiah 58:12-13.)

    32.
    All the holy prophets kept the seventh day.

    33.
    When the Son of God came, He kept the seventh day all His life. (Luke 4:16; John 15:10.) Thus He followed
    His Father’s example at creation. Shall we not be safe in following the example of both the Father and the Son?

    34.
    The seventh day is the Lord’s Day. (See Revelation 1:10; Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 20:10.)

    35.
    Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28), that is, to love and protect it, as the husband is the lord of the wife, to love and cherish her (1 Peter 3:6.)

    36.
    He vindicated the Sabbath as a merciful institution designed for man’s good. (Mark 2:23-28.)

    37.
    Instead of abolishing the Sabbath, He carefully taught how it should be observed. (Matthew 13:1-13.)

    38.
    He taught His disciples that they should do nothing upon the Sabbath day but what was “lawful” (Matthew 12:12.)

    39.
    He instructed His apostles that the Sabbath should be prayerfully regarded forty years after His resurrection. (Matthew 24:20.)

    40.
    The pious women who had been with Jesus carefully kept the seventh day after His death. (Luke 23:56.)

    41.
    Thirty years after Christ’s resurrection, the Holy Spirit’ expressly calls it “the Sabbath day,” (Acts 13:14.)

    42.
    Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, called it the “Sabbath day” in A.D. 45. (Acts 13:27.) Did not Paul know? Or shall we believe modern teachers, who affirm that it ceased to be the Sabbath at the resurrection of Christ?

    43.
    Luke, the inspired Christian historian, writing as late as A.D. 62, calls it the “Sabbath day.” (Acts 13:44.)

    44.
    The Gentile converts called it the Sabbath. (Acts 13:42.)

    45.
    In the great Christian council, A.D. 49. In the presence of the apostles and thousands of disciples, James calls it the “Sabbath day.” (Acts 15:21.)

    46.
    It was customary to hold prayer meetings upon that day. (Acts 16:13.)

    47.
    Paul read the Scriptures in public meetings on that day. (Acts 17:2-3.)

    48.
    It was his custom to preach upon that day. (Acts 17:2-3.)

    49.
    The Book of Acts alone gives a record of his holding eighty-four meetings upon that day. (See Acts 13:14, 44; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4. 11.)

    50.
    There was never any dispute between the Christians and the Jews about the Sabbath day. This is proof that the Christians still observed the same day that the Jews did.

    51.
    In all their accusations against Paul, they never charged him with disregarding the Sabbath day. Why did they not, if he did not keep it?

    52.
    But Paul himself expressly declared that he had kept the law. “Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple,nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all.” Acts 25:8. How could this be true if he had not kept the Sabbath?

    53.
    The Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament fifty-nine times, and always with respect, bearing the same title it had in the Old Testament, “the Sabbath day.”

    54.
    Not a word is said anywhere in the New Testament about the Sabbath’s being abolished, done away, changed, or anything of the kind.

    55.
    God has never given permission to any man to work upon it. Reader, by what authority do you use - the seventh day for common labor?

    56.
    No Christian of the New Testament, either before or after the resurrection, ever did ordinary work upon the seventh day. Find one case of that kind, and we will yield the question. Why should modern Christians do differently from Bible Christians?

    57.
    There is no record that God has ever removed His blessing or sanctification from the seventh day.

    58.
    As the Sabbath was kept in Eden before the fall, so it will be observed eternally in the new earth after the restitution. (Isaiah 66:22-23.)

    59.
    The seventh-day Sabbath was an important part of the law of God, as it came from His own mouth, and was written by His own finger upon stone at Sinai. (See Exodus 20.) When Jesus began His work, He expressly declared that He had not come to destroy the law. “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.” Matthew 5:17

    60.
    Jesus severely condemned the Pharisees as hypocrites for pretending to love God, while at the same tune they made void one of the Ten Commandments by their tradition. The keeping of Sunday is only a tradition of men.

    61. The very first thing recorded In the Bible is work done on Sunday, the first day of the week. (Genesis l: l-5.) The Creator Himself did this. If God made the earth on Sunday, can it be wicked for us to work on Sunday?

    62.
    God commands men to work upon the first day of the week. (Exodus 20:8-11.) Is it wrong to obey God?

    63.
    None of the patriarchs ever kept it.

    64.
    None of the holy prophets ever kept it.

    65.
    By the express command of-God, His holy people used the first day of the week as a common working day for 4,000 years, at least.

    66.
    God Himself calls it a “working” day. (Ezekiel 46:1.)

    67.
    God did not rest upon it.

    68.
    He never blessed it.

    69.
    Christ did not rest upon it.

    70.
    Jesus was a carpenter (Mark 6:3), and worked at His trade until He was thirty years old. He kept the Sabbath and worked six days in the week, as all admit. Hence He did many a hard day’s work on Sunday.

    71.
    The apostles worked upon it during the same time.

    72.
    The apostles never rested upon it.

    73.
    Christ never blessed it.

    74.
    It has never been blessed by any divine authority.

    75.
    It has never been sanctified.

    76.
    No law was ever given to enforce the keeping of it, hence it is no transgression to work upon it. “Where no law
    is, there is no transgression.” Romans 4:15 (See also 1 John 3:4.)

    77.
    The New Testament nowhere forbids work to be done on it.

    78.
    No penalty is provided for its violation.

    79.
    No blessing is promised for its observance.

    80.
    No regulation is given as to how it ought to be observed. Would this be so if the Lord wished us to keep it?

    81.
    It is never called the Christian Sabbath.

    82.
    It is never called the Sabbath day at all.

    83.
    It is never called the Lord’s day.

    84.
    It is never called even a rest day.

    85.
    No sacred title whatever is applied to it. Then why should we call it holy?

    86.
    It is simply called “first day of the week.”

    87.
    Jesus never-mentioned it in any way, never took its name upon His lips, so far as the record shows.

    88.
    The word Sunday never occurs in the Bible at all.

    89.
    Neither God, Christ, nor inspired men ever said one word in favour of Sunday as a holy day.

    90.
    The first day of the week is mentioned only eight times in all the New Testament. (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9;
    Luke 24:1; John 20:1, 19; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2.)

    91.
    Six of these texts refer to the same first day of the week.

    92.
    Paul directed the saints to look over their secular affairs on that day. (1Corinthians 16:2.)

    93.
    In all the New Testament we have a record of only one religious meeting held upon that day, and even this was a night meeting. (Acts 20:5-12.)

    94.
    There is not intimation that they ever held a meeting upon it before or after that.

    95.
    It was not their custom to meet on that day.

    96.
    There was no requirement to break bread on that day.

    97.
    We have an account of only one instance in which it was done. (Acts 20:7.)

    98.
    That was done in the night-after midnight. (Verses 7-11.) Jesus celebrated it on Thursday evening (Luke 22),
    and the disciples sometimes did it every day (Acts 2:42-46.)

    99.
    The Bible nowhere says that the first day of the week commemorates the resurrection of Christ. This is a tradition of men, which contradicts the law of God. (Matthew 15:1-9.) Baptism commemorates the burial and resurrection of Jesus. (Romans 6:3-5.)

    100.
    Finally, the New Testament is totally silent with regard to any change of the Sabbath day or any sacredness for the first day.

    God Bless you all I have to really go now bb

  10. #870


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Sinning against God is apostasy.

    Setting up a Temple to some funny God.

    Clearly God forbad these pagan practices, which usually entailed some gross perversion, in no uncertain terms.

    When you are setting the foundation in concrete and someone pours coke on it to wreck it, the rest of the house is scuppered, so God did not tolerate apostasy for 1 second..
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  11. #871


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Paul calls worshipping the Law instead of Christ idolatry.

    (Worshipping the created thing - the Law - rather than the creator, the person who created the Law, amongst everything else)
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  12. #872
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post


    God Bless you all I have to really go now bb
    Okie dokie. I see you will not answer my questions and I know why and I really don't blame you as they will expose what is really being said for what it is. We have had these types here in CC a few times before. I will leave you in your religious beliefs about the law.

    Bless you too. The Lord will be faithful to you and reveal His finished work on the cross and resurrection. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Jesus is our true Sabbath rest. All the law of Moses and the prophets speak of Him.



    The sabbath was made for man -not man for the Sabbath. Jesus is our true Sabbath. Come unto Me all you that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matt. 11:28

    Mark 2:27-28 (KJV)
    27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

    28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

    Have a great day. We have a great salvation in our Lord and a good, loving Father who will be faithful to all of us.........I love to say "He will be caught in the act of being Himself".

    J7 likes this.

  13. #873


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Exactly.

    Mankind was made for Jesus. by whom and for whom all things were made.

    Man was not made for the Law, rather the Law was made for man.
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  14. #874
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,141
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    Okie dokie. I see you will not answer my questions and I know why and I really don't blame you as they will expose what is really being said for what it is. We have had these types here in CC a few times before.
    Grace777 Really? Your questions were answered at the bottom of post 865. Maybe your just not reading anything. Ignoring other peoples posts is still the same as rejecting God's Word you know.

    Ok signing out bb

    God bless you.

  15. #875
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Grace777 Really? Your questions were answered at the bottom of post 865. Maybe your just not reading anything. Ignoring other peoples posts is still the same as rejecting God's Word you know.

    Ok signing out bb

    God bless you.
    Post #865 is not answering the questions directly - it's skirting the answer. Answer straight. I'll give it the old "one more try for the Kipper"...( it's a US saying... )

    You can say "Yes - if you do not observe the Sabbath from Friday night until Saturday as outlined in the law - then you are sinning and disobeying God - or you could say - No, you re not disobeying God. "

    You could say "Yes- I believe that God throws His children into hell - or no, I don't believe God throws His children into hell."


    See how easy it is to answer directly? Give it a shot.


    Originally Posted by Grace777x70
    I will ask this question though -

    If people don't observe the Sabbath day from Friday night until Saturday as the law of Moses speaks about - are they disobeying God and sinning? Thank you for being honest with us here so that we can see what is really being said.

    I see that you still have not answered my question for the 3rd time - do you believe that our loving Father sends His beloved children that are babies in Christ to hell?

    Thank you for answering these 2 questions so that we can see what is really being said. Have a great work day and bless you.

  16. #876
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Power
    52

    Default Re: Sabbath

    One thing I have noticed when looking at the word Sabbath is that other meaning that are attached to it clearly change the intended meaning of the author by violating the law of hemeneutics.”Do not adding meaning to a word (one).

    There is no sign we could perform outwardly as evidence some have the Holy Spirit.(bragging rights) It is why the aopostate jews perfomed requiring a sign after some work they could do as evidence of thier own self righteousness .

    The word Sabbath with no other meaning added simply means “rest”.

    It would seem than most paraphrases were stumped wanting a sign they could perform and therefore added a time element (week) and in doing so revealed they were not mixing faith the unseen in respect to what hey did hear, as we are informed in Hebrew 4…….they did not enter the Sabbath rest

    The word Sabbath is a rest term not subject to any time restraint. But today as long as we are under the Sun, today is today.

    The Sabbath rest can be celebrated any time we hear His voice that works in us to both will and perform His good pleasure (imputed righteousness ) and therefore we do not harden our hearts.

    Subjecting the hearing of faith our rest limiting it to one day a week is why some changed the word Sabbath to week again according to many translations.

    Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.(KJ)

    Matthew 28Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
    28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the

    Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess .(KJ)


    Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the Sabbath(not week) , I give tithes of all that I possess.

    At that time period three Sabbath meals were the standard. By restaining himself from one he made his empty boast

  17. #877
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,425
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    Here is a great article that speaks about what is written on our hearts now that we are in Christ. I like to use this website as it has at the bottom a place where you can ask questions and sometimes I learn from that area a lot.

    The Law Written on Our Hearts is not the Ten Commandments




    This is the covenant I will make with them after that time,” says the Lord. “I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” (Heb 10:16)

    “This is obviously a reference to the law of Moses,” says the law-preacher. “The Ten Commandments were written in stone, now they’re written in the hearts and minds of God’s people.”

    Not true. Here are seventeen reasons why God has not written the Ten Commandments on your heart:

    1. The law inflames sin (Rom 5:20) and the strength of sin is the law (1 Cor 15:56). Why would God want to stir up sin in your life. (Do you actually think that Paul is trying to say the law makes us sin or something? Cause that is not contextual at all and ludicrous to even think it. Try reading the context and also remember its talking about the law on stone not the law on the heart. This is mind boggling, Do you think "Thou shalt not kill causes you to kill? how exactly does that work?) People sin because they are sinners/Carnal not because of the law the bible says that sin was in the world before the law.

    2. The law condemns (2 Cor 3:9), yet there is no condemnation to those in Christ. (Indeed the law on stone condemns but that same law on the heart is conversion. The law on the heart causes obedience as Paul taught it does. The law on stone only condemns the heart which is not subject to the law because it is carnal.


    3. The law ministers death (2 Cor 3:7), but God wants you to enjoy abundant life. (lol, of course the law on stone ministers death it says what is right according to Paul, it is spiritual and we are carnal and the law only reveals that we are carnal and thus worthy of death. The law on the heart does not do this but rather converts the heart to spiritual as the law is spiritual.


    4. Law and grace don’t mix. You are under grace, not law (Rom 6:14).


    5. Living by the law will alienate you from Christ (Gal 5:4).


    6. Living by the law is cheating on Jesus (Rom 7:1-6). Why would God do anything to encourage spiritual adultery?


    7. We’re to live by faith but the law is not of faith (Gal 3:12). The law encourages us to depend on ourselves instead of Jesus.


    8. Those who live under the law are under a curse (Gal 3:10). Why would God curse those he has blessed?


    9. The law binds and enslaves (Rom 7:6), but Jesus wants you free.


    10. The law keeps you immature for it makes nothing perfect or complete (Heb 7:19).


    11. We have died to the law so that we may serve in the new way of the Spirit and “not in the old way of the written code” (Rom 7:6).


    12. When there has been a change of priesthood, the law must be changed also (Heb 7:12). For God to write the old law on our hearts would be like saying Aaron is greater than Jesus.


    13. God found fault with the law-keeping covenant and made it obsolete (Heb 8:7,13). Why would God insult his Son’s sacrifice by giving you the very thing his sacrifice rendered obsolete?


    14. The law is a shadow of the good things to come and not the reality (Heb 10:1). Why would God give you the shadow instead of “the good thing”?


    15. The Jews considered the law to be ordained by angels (Heb 2:2). If so, says the author of Hebrews, then it is inferior to the gospel of Jesus (Heb 1:4). Why would God give you an inferior gift?


    16. Some Christians think that God gives them the law as a guide to live by, but why would God want you to repeat the mistake of the Galatians (Gal 3:2)? Why would God do anything to make you fall from grace?


    17. The old law-keeping covenant required an accounting or remembering of sin, but the new covenant is characterized by God forgiving and forgetting on account of Jesus (Heb 10:17).

    If the law that God writes in our hearts is the law of Moses, then Jesus died for nothing.

    If God has written the Ten Commandments on your heart and mind, you should be able to list all ten with no trouble. Can you? What’s the seventh commandment? You can’t do it because it’s not there, and a very good thing that is too! If the law that God writes in our hearts is the law of Moses, you’re in big trouble.

    The good news is that God has written in us a far better law. What is this new and better law?

    https://escapetoreality.org/2015/04/...-commandments/
    Is this serious? I ask because it seems like a bad joke. See points above. Actually only a few as it seems silly to point out the obvious flaws in the reasoning given. too many to deal with all at once. I find it interesting that this article tries to prove a point by quoting the law on stone not on the heart. kind of misses the argument.

    Also this article clearly skips over what the new covenant is as written in scripture. It is Gods law written on the heart. God only has one law. and those that have it written on the heart do the very things contained in the law. One passage destroyed this article.


    Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

    note the law written on the heart is seen when someone does those things the law says by nature not by works for salvation. If you are confused by which law Paul is talking about then just keep reading the chapter and you will see its the 10 commandments clearly.

    This is obvious to anyone who just reads the New covenant given in Jeremiah.
    Rainrider likes this.

  18. #878
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,425
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Sabbath

    oh I have to address this one:

    "5. Living by the law will alienate you from Christ (Gal 5:4)."Wow, how so? will not killing alienate me from Christ?

    Or is it loving God that alienates us from Christ? What exactly is this trying to say?

    Its based on a false premise which is trying to suggest that anyone who is converted is actually not converted. Galatians is addressing people who are believing lies that they have to preform the law in order to be saved. These people came to know about Jesus and find salvation in faith in Him then people come along and tell them they must be circumcised to be saved just like in acts 15. The issue is not that the law concerning the 10 commandments is not good.

    Imagine Paul teaching that they should not obey the 10 commandments or else they will be alienated from Christ. How silly is that.

    The issue here in Galatians is how we are saved, by works or faith. Clearly its faith, Please think about this.

  19. #879
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,141
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by J7 View Post
    Paul calls worshipping the Law instead of Christ idolatry.

    (Worshipping the created thing - the Law - rather than the creator, the person who created the Law, amongst everything else)
    Hi J7, who is worshiping the Law? I don't think anyone is saying to worship the Law. Do you love Jesus?

  20. #880
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: Sabbath

    Quote Originally Posted by gotime View Post
    oh I have to address this one:

    "5. Living by the law will alienate you from Christ (Gal 5:4)."Wow, how so? will not killing alienate me from Christ?

    Or is it loving God that alienates us from Christ? What exactly is this trying to say?

    Its based on a false premise which is trying to suggest that anyone who is converted is actually not converted. Galatians is addressing people who are believing lies that they have to preform the law in order to be saved. These people came to know about Jesus and find salvation in faith in Him then people come along and tell them they must be circumcised to be saved just like in acts 15. The issue is not that the law concerning the 10 commandments is not good.

    Imagine Paul teaching that they should not obey the 10 commandments or else they will be alienated from Christ. How silly is that.

    The issue here in Galatians is how we are saved, by works or faith. Clearly its faith, Please think about this.
    Rev 14v12,13, Yes, Clearly saved by faith---but their works do follow them--they go together ! they just take a different position...like walking is putting one foot in front of the other. God takes much bigger steps than us so it can take centuries or millennia for just ONE step. See the OT- all law, then the NT- all love. The new Creation has to 'walk ON in 'interchangeable steps = law AND love. (is how I see it)
    Rainrider likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. TRUE BIBLICAL SABBATH, NOT MAN'S SABBATH
    By Avinu in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 10:22 AM
  2. Replies: 1891
    Last Post: November 12th, 2016, 04:13 PM
  3. The sabbath cults - making an idol of the sabbath.
    By Larry_Stotle in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 514
    Last Post: November 10th, 2015, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 228
    Last Post: September 15th, 2014, 08:26 AM