Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 143
Like Tree139Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

  1. #121
    Senior Member Rockrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    But not overall promises about healing. Wake up
    I woke up when I got born again and discovered... God is not an idiot like satan and those listening to him claim as God's plan of Salvation covers ALL aspects of man's existence and God's Word contains promises concerning ALL aspects of man's redemption.

    How much of it we walk in depends on how much we receive and walk in those promises that cover ALL aspects of man's existence.

    So, if you would like to reject parts of God's plan of redemption... by my guest.... maybe you'll grow up someday...now, run along and go play in the unbelief sandbox with all the other religious babies

    Romans 3:3,4
    For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    God forbid

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    708
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by feelhim View Post
    Why doesn't God heal amputees or severely vegetabled people (like quadriplegic people who can't speak) through prayer when mountains are supposed to be moved through prayer? Why are modern, documented miracles just cases where the odds were severely stacked against a possibility, but the outcome was still medically and scientifically explainable. For example, John Doe having cancer with a 40% chance of survival and surviving. Could have been God...but it could have been his 40% chance of survival.

    This is a question that was just thrown at me recently and idk how to deal with it. Please help haha.
    Why is this question directed to evangelicals/Pentecostal/charismatic and not to all Christians? Are they the only ones who believe in God's healing powers?

  3. #123
    Senior Member Rockrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Are they the only ones who believe in God's healing powers?
    Apparently... some in this thread believe healing is just spiritual

  4. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2016
    Age
    35
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by SparkleEyes View Post
    Why is this question directed to evangelicals/Pentecostal/charismatic and not to all Christians? Are they the only ones who believe in God's healing powers?
    It's really for everyone. But those are the ones who really sell the ideas of miracles hard. You don't usually hear about "That one time on a missions trip when we rubbed sand in this blind woman's eyes while praying and then she was able to see afterward". at a Baptist/heavily conservative church.

    To be honest, I kind of checked out at about the 3rd page of comments. I wasn't trying to stir up a poop storm with this question. I was expecting to hear some "well this scripture says ___" or "hmm idk". I wasn't expecting people to tear each other apart or get offended haha. I think I'm going to just keep biblical/theological questions to myself from now on. the Bible Discussion Forum doesn't seem like a very nice place to be :/.
    LOLOKGal likes this.

  5. #125
    Senior Member LOLOKGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2015
    Age
    41
    Posts
    577
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by feelhim View Post
    Why doesn't God heal amputees or severely vegetabled people (like quadriplegic people who can't speak) through prayer when mountains are supposed to be moved through prayer? Why are modern, documented miracles just cases where the odds were severely stacked against a possibility, but the outcome was still medically and scientifically explainable. For example, John Doe having cancer with a 40% chance of survival and surviving. Could have been God...but it could have been his 40% chance of survival.

    This is a question that was just thrown at me recently and idk how to deal with it. Please help haha.
    I don't know why.
    God had healed me from diabetes, but not from lung issues.
    I don't know why. But, I will continue to praise Him, no matter what; love Him, no matter what; and trust Him, no matter what! I also know, that whatever my weakness is, He is made strong.
    So, I keep putting my faith in Him. =)
    Red heads are God's way of giving the world Roses.
    If you can't be a good example then you'll have to be a horrible warning.


  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2015
    Age
    83
    Posts
    6,611
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    I woke up when I got born again and discovered... God is not an idiot like satan and those listening to him claim as God's plan of Salvation covers ALL aspects of man's existence and God's Word contains promises concerning ALL aspects of man's redemption.
    Then if so God has failed to carry out His promises..

    How much of it we walk in depends on how much we receive and walk in those promises that cover ALL aspects of man's existence.
    Well one day you will find out the hard way.

    So, if you would like to reject parts of God's plan of redemption... by my guest.... maybe you'll grow up someday...now, run along and go play in the unbelief sandbox with all the other religious babies

    I find this grossly insulting,. If you treat those who disagree with you so badly I am sure God will punish you accordingly, even if the mods don't.

    Romans 3:3,4
    For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    God forbid
    Let him that thinks that he stands take heed lets he fall

  7. #127
    Member shakinah's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2012
    Age
    47
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    I woke up when I got born again and discovered... God is not an idiot like satan and those listening to him claim as God's plan of Salvation covers ALL aspects of man's existence and God's Word contains promises concerning ALL aspects of man's redemption.

    How much of it we walk in depends on how much we receive and walk in those promises that cover ALL aspects of man's existence.

    So, if you would like to reject parts of God's plan of redemption... by my guest.... maybe you'll grow up someday...now, run along and go play in the unbelief sandbox with all the other religious babies

    Romans 3:3,4
    For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    God forbid
    shall i, shant i, my flesh wants to but my spirit is telling me to leave it. the spirit wins..

    just to say ..we get em all ere

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2013
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,431
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by feelhim View Post
    Why doesn't God heal amputees or severely vegetabled people (like quadriplegic people who can't speak) through prayer when mountains are supposed to be moved through prayer? Why are modern, documented miracles just cases where the odds were severely stacked against a possibility, but the outcome was still medically and scientifically explainable. For example, John Doe having cancer with a 40% chance of survival and surviving. Could have been God...but it could have been his 40% chance of survival.
    I don't agree with your premises. Why don't you ask for evidence instead of insisting evidence does not exist?

  9. #129


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by presidente View Post
    I don't agree with your premises. Why don't you ask for evidence instead of insisting evidence does not exist?
    Those requests have long ago as well as continue to be asked without answer. This is the 600lb. gorilla that the OP speaks about. The existence of the modern miraculous is the easiest theology question to answer. No need for scripture, just show the evidence. After the event is proven to be supernatural in nature then judge if it is of God or Satan. Judging hearsay or cheap parlor tricks as movements of the Holy Spirit will bring judgement on both the leaders and followers of these falsehoods. Be very careful what you proclaim as of God, He is not to be mocked.
    ForthAngel likes this.

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    I am not Pentecostal at all, however I believe the God of the bible is still God today and therefore healing CAN occur. I don't see "healing" services because they tend to just be a way to bring in money. I have been healed of a back problem, and was healed of sickness one night, was healed of a terrible head pain one time. Have I seen limbs grow, dead people raised, no. Had a good friend that prayed for a woman in a wheelchair that could not move at all and she jumped up and begin to run, he was not holding a healing service, he was just a person who prayed for someone. Much of what goes as healing is fake and used to make others rich, however that does not mean that God cannot heal, we need to keep up the faith.

  11. #131


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    To think that the miraculous is upon us today is both naive and ignorant. When the miraculous is active we will not debate, we will not doubt, we will not even challenge its existence. We will but be in awe. There will be some who will doubt their motive but not its existence.

    Healing back/head aches, stories of raising the dead in a far far away land, people labeling babble as 1st century speaking in tongues are but examples of a faithless generation wanting to live by sight.

    These so-called "movements of the spirit" are either truly physical supernatural manifestations of the Holy Spirit or they are bogus. They cannot be both. To accept such events as real is a serious matter and puts guilt on the believer as well as the one who initiated the falsehood.

    If you claim these events are real be prepared to be called to account for your words. When the miraculous does appear, those who have believed these false miracles will be both dumbfounded and ashamed of their careless acceptance of such unfounded claims.

    Above all a Christian should strive to walk in the light of truth and expose not ​support falsehood.
    ForthAngel likes this.

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    that isn't true at all

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
    Samuel23 says it well, some may be charlatans, anything the Creator did in His Bible He is still doing.

    Sometimes we can make the mistake of thinking if He isn't doing it in my life He must not be doing it
    since I am the center of the universe. That just isn't true, He can move in another persons life, or another community or country, or geogrphic area in any way He chooses.
    He is G-d and we are not, I have heard it said,
    Best wishes
    stonesoffire likes this.

  14. #134


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
    Samuel23 says it well, some may be charlatans, anything the Creator did in His Bible He is still doing.

    Sometimes we can make the mistake of thinking if He isn't doing it in my life He must not be doing it
    since I am the center of the universe. That just isn't true, He can move in another persons life, or another community or country, or geogrphic area in any way He chooses.
    He is G-d and we are not, I have heard it said,
    Best wishes
    This is not an issue of the miraculous in your life or my life. It is not an issue of this community, country or geographic area. The issue is are these things happening today? There is no excuse for there being no tangible evidence for their existence. We live in a time and place that both the important and mundane is before us. We are exposed to the happenings around the world with out our even wanting it. The need to debate this issue cast doubts on the truth of these or any "supernatural" events. The miraculous is not to be debated, just witnessed with a sense of awe The miraculous is to prove not to be proven.

  15. #135
    Senior Member Rockrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Then if so God has failed to carry out His promises..
    No darling, you failed to receive all His promises.



    Well one day you will find out the hard way.
    I've already been to hell-on-earth (back when I believed like you) and now I'm back... the way of the transgressor is hard (Proverbs 13:15)




    If you treat those who disagree with you so badly I am sure God will punish you accordingly
    Wait till you see what God does to those that disagree with Him!

    Ain't gonna be nuthin nice...



    Let him that thinks that he stands take heed lets he fall
    I do exactly that daily... don't you?

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    912
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    I woke up when I got born again and discovered... God is not an idiot like satan and those listening to him claim as God's plan of Salvation covers ALL aspects of man's existence and God's Word contains promises concerning ALL aspects of man's redemption.

    How much of it we walk in depends on how much we receive and walk in those promises that cover ALL aspects of man's existence.

    So, if you would like to reject parts of God's plan of redemption... by my guest.... maybe you'll grow up someday...now, run along and go play in the unbelief sandbox with all the other religious babies

    Romans 3:3,4
    For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    God forbid
    Well, according Revelation 21.1-4 your theory is wrong. Why God gave John thus to reveal? Because on our old earth we still have that what is written in Vers 4. And it will last till we have an New earth! Everybody who tells something different follows the Father of liar.
    Nobody denys here on CC that God is healing today. But he is doIng it not in the same way as we read during the time of Jesus and the apostles. Because all who came to them were healed. Today we cant see a proof for that!
    The reason the miracles where to proof that Jesus is sent from God and to proclaime the Gospel. Special we find healings today in conversion with preaching the Gospel to non believers.

  17. #137
    Senior Member Rockrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Nobody denys here on CC that God is healing today
    That's not true... some here do.

    All I can tell ya is that Jesus carried my sickness and diseases and He keeps me well.

    I'm a veteran of many satanic wars over my own soul and my body... so yeah, He heals me in all areas of life.

    And, yes it took time to learn and grow so I could walk in it, but none the less I'm healed!

    Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever... God was healing people long before Jesus got here so it's always been God's will to heal in any and every way man needs healing.
    Willie-T likes this.

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    912
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    That's not true... some here do.

    All I can tell ya is that Jesus carried my sickness and diseases and He keeps me well.

    I'm a veteran of many satanic wars over my own soul and my body... so yeah, He heals me in all areas of life.

    And, yes it took time to learn and grow so I could walk in it, but none the less I'm healed!

    Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever... God was healing people long before Jesus got here so it's always been God's will to heal in any and every way man needs healing.
    No, I dont know anybody here who denys healing from God. What I f.e. deny is that God heals, as some promote, in the same way as he did during the time of Jesus and the Apostles. And I deny this because it is to obviously that he dont do it! Otherwise the medias would be full of this miracles, because this healings where the most time in the public and not in closed houses.
    That Jesus healed you is a reason to praise the Lord, without doubt. But i see a danger if someone makes his own expieriences to a norm. The danger is to bring the focus about himself instead of the truth.
    Why do you think God revealed us Reveleation 21,4

    "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."



    if this is Gods goal for us during our earthly life?
    preacher4truth likes this.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    yes they are happening TODAY, in my life, in this community,country, geographic area.

  20. #140


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Hey Evangelical/Pentacostal/Charismatic types...

    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    yes they are happening TODAY, in my life, in this community,country, geographic area.
    Your personal healing is either of God or natural but without clear evidence of it being supernatural your claim is meaningless. It holds no weight in this discussion. You are actually making the point of the OP.

    If you want to believe that your healing is a physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit you are of course within your rights. If this makes you sleep good at night, do it. My issue is your public proclaiming that you have discerned this to be of God. How do you know this? What makes you think that your recovery was not natural but supernatural? What do you base this on? You make a public claim of the supernatural but offer no evidence, what are we to do with your proclamation?

    My questions are simple and deserve an answer.
    wolfwint likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 08:20 PM
  2. Oneness Pentacostal
    By Revelator7 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 29th, 2014, 02:55 AM
  3. Are you an Evangelical?
    By phil112 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 5th, 2014, 05:02 PM
  4. stepping away from the pentacostal movement
    By carey in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: July 12th, 2013, 08:51 PM
  5. Pentacostal
    By Bushido8000 in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2012, 11:18 AM