Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
Like Tree33Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: The body of Moses

  1. #41
    Senior Member Grace777x70's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    17,987
    Rep Power
    196

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggido View Post
    Moses was known for meekness not faith.

    Here is the kicker in this truth...Moses said that about himself because he wrote that part of scripture.

    True humility is agreeing with what God says is true about us because of what Christ has done.
    The new man in Christ - the new creation that is created in righteousness and

    holiness hears the heart voice of the Spirit and not an old head noise of the letter

    of the word. The Pharisees knew "bible knowledge" but they did not

    know God's heart and so they erred in really understanding what the

    scriptures were saying.


    The Lord wants us to look through His eyes and to live from His heart towards

    people, towards Him and towards ourselves as well.

  2. #42
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Moses, as the servant of Jehovah, and the Mediator of the First Covenant, could not bring Israel in to the Resurrection Life beyond Jordan. He saw the land, but he could not obtain it, because, as stated, the Law can never inherit the Promise. But, in Christ, he did obtain it, and shall, because of the Cross [Luke 9:28-31]. It is interpreted by Jewish scholars that "by the kiss of the Lord" Moses died in a moment of holiest joy in the knowledge and love of God. At his death Moses eyes was lit and look though he was still alive.

    Satan wanted the body of Moses because in the first place, the Devil had power of death until Christ conquered Him on the Cross (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-14; Rev. 1:18). This means that whenever the Saints died who lived under the Old Testament system, their soul and spirit at the time did not go to Heaven, but rather down into Paradise, which was actually next door one might say to Hell, separated only by a great gulf (Luke 16:26). But since the Cross, whenever the Saint instantly go to be with the Lord in Heaven.

    Satan wanted the body of Moses, which he in some way would have devised as an idol for the children of Israel to worship. They were prone to idolatry anyway. Michael would not allow the Evil One to have his way in this matter, even though at the time, Satan did in fact, have the power of death. The manner in which Michael answered Satan and the Lord as well, showed that they greatly held the upper hand. Superior strength doesn't need to boast or rail!
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  3. #43
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,854
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    correction there,dcontroversal,God told Moses that since he did not sanctify his name at the waters of mispah,as you said smiting the rock instead of speaking to it that he would not enter into the promised land,if you look clearly at the bible there is no mention of God killing moses nor condemning moses to death in any way,you are just speaking your opinion in place of what the bible tells,be sure to "know" the difference between what is written and what you think,furthermore moses died/passed away he wasn't killed,that's the whole reason God buried him himself and why God allowed Moses to look upon his back parts,because Moses was near and dear to God's heart,remember it was Moses whom reflected God's knowledge back to him when the people made the golden calf and worshipped it,God wanted to kill them and told moses he would make of him a great nation instead moses told God not to for not only would the egyptians think it foolish God bringing the israelites out of Egypt then killing them,but also he would have brought them out of Egypt for nothing if he killed them as he wanted to,so God turned from his anger for Moses' sake,so to even think that God killed Moses after all that Moses did for God and the israelites is not only untrue it is ridiculous blasphemy,God loved and respected moses so much that he buried him when he died before joshuas very eyes giving up the ghost,as in, that he was ready to die after doing all he could for God and the israelites and knew that joshua was to be the next leader in time so he told joshua all that he was to do and when moses yielded up the ghost it isiswritten written that joshua had moses' hands upon him and was full of the spirit of wisdom because of this,also if God was so displeased with Moses to kill him then why is it written that Moses knew God face to face as in that when God spoke to moses it was between him and God,which if you know what honor is... that in my personal opinion was a tremendous honor not only to speak to God as directly as was possible,but to see God even if it was just from behind since no man can look upon God's face and live,as well as being buried by God,there again you spoke out of turn,God buried Moses not an angel according to the bible,which is why no one knows where his sepulchre is...and that to me was the last great thing God did to honor Moses,if you want proof of many of these truths,actually read Deuteronomy chapter 34 alongside the holy spirit and "learn" not speculate what is truthfully written of Moses,as to the answer of why Satan wanted Moses' body that is perhaps written in the bible but I dare not speak out of turn upon this for to do so without having searched out the answer with the holy spirit,as in not knowing what is truely written of this yet speaking would be blasphemy and I dare not do it,anything you say from the bible without learning what is true is blasphemy so I'll just leave it at that for now though I may have a hunch,but it is better to know the "TRUTH" and practice holding thy tongue than speaking so quickly on any subject from the bible without searching it out as best as you can alongside the holy spirit!
    Ummmmm I think I will pass on your view....

    God told Moses because he did not SANCTIFY HIM in the presence of the people that he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PROMISE LAND...HE WAS TOLD TO SPEAK TO THE ROCK...not stike it....so...I can conclude rightfully that he disobeyed and was punished for his disobedience...called deductive reasoning and it is biblical!
    notmyown and J7 like this.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,087
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    i agree.

    and perhaps if the children of Israel had had Moses' body, they would have taken it with them into the promised land.

    which the Lord had decreed Moses would not enter?
    Great point, Ellie. I think you hit the nail on the head. This seems to fit, with all things considered.

    Just goes to show again how God views sin. He would never go back on His word. Moses would not enter Israel, not even his dead body!!

    No doubt, today we'd probably be seeing his remains being examined on the smithsonian channel or something
    notmyown likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  5. #45
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,087
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Of course, there are some that probably believe Moses never died but was caught up to Heaven, and that he's coming back as one of the two witnesses. I don't believe this myself. The scriptures say Moses died.
    dcontroversal and notmyown like this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  6. #46
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,854
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    Of course, there are some that probably believe Moses never died but was caught up to Heaven, and that he's coming back as one of the two witnesses. I don't believe this myself. The scriptures say Moses died.
    And that when he died he had no dimness of eye and was as healthy as one can be.....it is not erroneous to believe he was punished for striking the rock in rebellion...Gid was clear with his verbiage...because he had not sanctified God he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER.....THE BREATH OF EVERY LIVING THING IS IN THE HAND of God and MOSES represented the law...under the law 1 sin = death!

  7. #47
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,854
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Ummmmm I think I will pass on your view....

    God told Moses because he did not SANCTIFY HIM in the presence of the people that he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PROMISE LAND...HE WAS TOLD TO SPEAK TO THE ROCK...not stike it....so...I can conclude rightfully that he disobeyed and was punished for his disobedience...called deductive reasoning and it is biblical!
    So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD
    notmyown likes this.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,087
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    And that when he died he had no dimness of eye and was as healthy as one can be.....it is not erroneous to believe he was punished for striking the rock in rebellion...Gid was clear with his verbiage...because he had not sanctified God he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER.....THE BREATH OF EVERY LIVING THING IS IN THE HAND of God and MOSES represented the law...under the law 1 sin = death!
    I wasn't aware that God actually killed him as a punishment though. I need to look over the scriptures again as I thought they only confirmed that God buried him, therefore implying he died of natural causes.

    I know we shouldn't guess without the scriptures, but maybe Moses' work was done. Just like the fact that I haven't died yet, so God still has plans for me and is keeping me around until He decides to let me die, according to His will. Nothing can kill me in the meantime because God decides when I go.
    Grace777x70 likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  9. #49
    Senior Member vic1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Psalm 106:32-33 They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes: Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

    Thee account , is found in the book of Psalm Shalom
    Very good reminder...

    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    &

    Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

    The carnal mind hates truth & judgement, and leans unto its own understanding. The mind of the spirit, loves truth and being decreased in the carnal, is to be increased in Christ.

  10. #50


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Moses had a speech impediment, and did not like talking in public. So in the early days Aaron was assigned to him as his spokesman.

    When God called Moses and Aaron into the tabernacle at Kadesh, Moses was told to speak to the Rock, not whack it as before. For whatever reason, Moses chose to disobey God, and it was counted against him.

    Paul tells us in Hebrews 3 that Moses 'verily was faithful in all his house' ; so this act of disobedience must be viewed outside Levitical (Mosaic) Law.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,087
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by vic1980 View Post
    Psalm 106:32-33 They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes: Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

    Thee account , is found in the book of Psalm Shalom
    They provoked him, causing him to sin. To which his punishment was exclusion from entering Israel. Sets an example as he was supposed to be God's chosen prophet, leader and lawgiver, so harsher judgement from God as a result.

    But not sure where the scriptures mention that the physical death was related to the punishment. But as per my other post, it could be that Moses' work was done. And I don't think God would just leave Moses to wander the earth alone either.

    Again, just what I think, based on the scriptures.
    Last edited by Katy-follower; 6 Days Ago at 03:36 AM.
    Grace777x70 likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    man oh man you are hypocritical, ,dcontroversal,first you say God killed Moses,now you say God had Moses' life in his hands and let him die,you even found the scripture saying that he died yet somehow God killed him in your mind,there is quite a difference between God killing someone and letting them die,you would have a point if you were to say that God could've blessed Moses with more time to live,but what happened,happened, to act as if that God smites someone or kills someone everytime that someone dies is folly,it is established in genesis that our normal life span is 120 years,and our life fades in time,the tree of good and evil started our slow death not God, he told man and woman not to eat of it,yet they did,God did punish justly for this but he didn't kill them neither did he Moses nor his son Jesus,dieing happens with or without God putting his hand on anyone,true he knows of each death but whether he acts to save or not a life it can expire nonetheless,yes God buried Moses but once again you will find nowhere in the bible that God killed or even smote Moses,punished yes,smote or killed no,I'm trying to establish with you the total huge difference between dieing and killing,dieing means your life overtime faded away without being killed by anyone,killing means you deliberately took someone's life for a reason or no credible reason,God did not deliberately go and take Moses' life he allowed Moses to see the promised land and deem a new leader,and you know not how long that was,could've been years but certainly not in one day or do you feel that God is neither patient nor compassionate,God basically let Moses live out the remainder of his life before the israelites were to move forward with a new leader to the promised land,quite the opposite of condemning someone to death,true 1 sin in those days would equal death as you say but if God thought so little of Moses to just outright kill him then he would have killed him when he first trespassed,not have him live til his life expired,for what Moses did for God certainly outweighed what he didn't do for God,so really Moses was blessed and punished,true he was not allowed into the promised land,but he lived many years when God could have killed him and chose another leader, that was a blessing and in time he died simple as that,not being killed by anyone!(in case you didn't notice this is my only grievance with what you have said because it can confuse others to think contrary of God,if you were to say God killed the people of Korah,yep I'd agree,if you were to say God killed many Egyptians with plagues,once again I'd agree,but dragging God's name through the mud,saying he killed one of his most beloved servants,Moses,that I shall never agree upon, because I'm aware of many traps and snares before me and shall not fall to them neither shall I allow others to fall to them as A humble and zealous soul whom serves God, I shall stand my ground for God when many come forth to speak against him instead of for him!)

  13. #53


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    man oh man you are hypocritical, ,dcontroversal
    "Hypocritical". ? This is how the board degenerates. Two people have a difference of opinions, and then someone ramps it up with some defamatory slur.

    Keep it clean.
    dcontroversal likes this.

  14. #54


    J7
    J7 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    They provoked him, causing him to sin. To which his punishment was exclusion from entering Israel. Sets an example as he was supposed to be God's chosen prophet, leader and lawgiver, so harsher judgement from God as a result.

    But not sure where the scriptures mention that the physical death was related to the punishment. But as per my other post, it could be that Moses' work was done. And I don't think God would just leave Moses to wander the earth alone either.

    Again, just what I think, based on the scriptures.
    God said no men of that generation over 20 when the Law was given would enter Canaan, except Caleb and Joshua. Therefore Moses' punishment was part of the punishment of all Israel.

    Haven't read it for a long while, but the inference is that Moses could have lived another 120 years, as he was in perfect health, but the entry to Canaan was more important at that point.
    Katy-follower likes this.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,087
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by J7 View Post
    God said no men of that generation over 20 when the Law was given would enter Canaan, except Caleb and Joshua. Therefore Moses' punishment was part of the punishment of all Israel.

    Haven't read it for a long while, but the inference is that Moses could have lived another 120 years, as he was in perfect health, but the entry to Canaan was more important at that point.
    Numbers 32:11-13: "Surely none of the men who came up from Egypt, from twenty years old and above, shall see the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, because they have not wholly followed Me, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh, the Kenizzite, and Joshua the son of Nun, for they have wholly followed the Lord.’ So the Lord’s anger was aroused against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation that had done evil in the sight of the Lord was gone"
    dcontroversal, notmyown and J7 like this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  16. #56
    Senior Member notmyown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2016
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,096
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    Great point, Ellie. I think you hit the nail on the head. This seems to fit, with all things considered.

    Just goes to show again how God views sin. He would never go back on His word. Moses would not enter Israel, not even his dead body!!

    No doubt, today we'd probably be seeing his remains being examined on the smithsonian channel or something

    lol! right?

    but! remember Moses asked God to show him His glory?
    so he wasn't allowed to enter the land for his disobedience, and then?

    Some eight days after these sayings, He took along Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray. And while He was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah (symbolizing the Law and the Prophets, which testify of Christ?), who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. (Lk 9:29-31)

    there's Moses in Israel.
    and even better... God's glory seen!

    For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Cor 4:6)

    sorry to go off-piste everyone, but, oh, the kindness and mercy of God. ♥ ♥
    Katy-follower likes this.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Zmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,600
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    9 But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

    why did the devil want the body of Moses?

    Seems kinda obvious remembering what the LORD said when men began to multiply upon the face of the earth, thus it is written in Deuteronomy 34:7;And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.








  18. #58
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,087
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    lol! right?

    but! remember Moses asked God to show him His glory?
    so he wasn't allowed to enter the land for his disobedience, and then?

    Some eight days after these sayings, He took along Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray. And while He was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah (symbolizing the Law and the Prophets, which testify of Christ?), who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. (Lk 9:29-31)

    there's Moses in Israel.
    and even better... God's glory seen!

    For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Cor 4:6)

    sorry to go off-piste everyone, but, oh, the kindness and mercy of God. ♥ ♥
    Yes, this is why some believe Moses & Elijah will be the two witnesses that appear in the end.

    Jesus - the new way, fulfillment of the law and prophecies!! (Matthew 5:17)

    I'm also reminded of the new wine skins (Matthew 9)
    notmyown likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  19. #59
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    19,854
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    man oh man you are hypocritical, ,dcontroversal,first you say God killed Moses,now you say God had Moses' life in his hands and let him die,you even found the scripture saying that he died yet somehow God killed him in your mind,there is quite a difference between God killing someone and letting them die,you would have a point if you were to say that God could've blessed Moses with more time to live,but what happened,happened, to act as if that God smites someone or kills someone everytime that someone dies is folly,it is established in genesis that our normal life span is 120 years,and our life fades in time,the tree of good and evil started our slow death not God, he told man and woman not to eat of it,yet they did,God did punish justly for this but he didn't kill them neither did he Moses nor his son Jesus,dieing happens with or without God putting his hand on anyone,true he knows of each death but whether he acts to save or not a life it can expire nonetheless,yes God buried Moses but once again you will find nowhere in the bible that God killed or even smote Moses,punished yes,smote or killed no,I'm trying to establish with you the total huge difference between dieing and killing,dieing means your life overtime faded away without being killed by anyone,killing means you deliberately took someone's life for a reason or no credible reason,God did not deliberately go and take Moses' life he allowed Moses to see the promised land and deem a new leader,and you know not how long that was,could've been years but certainly not in one day or do you feel that God is neither patient nor compassionate,God basically let Moses live out the remainder of his life before the israelites were to move forward with a new leader to the promised land,quite the opposite of condemning someone to death,true 1 sin in those days would equal death as you say but if God thought so little of Moses to just outright kill him then he would have killed him when he first trespassed,not have him live til his life expired,for what Moses did for God certainly outweighed what he didn't do for God,so really Moses was blessed and punished,true he was not allowed into the promised land,but he lived many years when God could have killed him and chose another leader, that was a blessing and in time he died simple as that,not being killed by anyone!(in case you didn't notice this is my only grievance with what you have said because it can confuse others to think contrary of God,if you were to say God killed the people of Korah,yep I'd agree,if you were to say God killed many Egyptians with plagues,once again I'd agree,but dragging God's name through the mud,saying he killed one of his most beloved servants,Moses,that I shall never agree upon, because I'm aware of many traps and snares before me and shall not fall to them neither shall I allow others to fall to them as A humble and zealous soul whom serves God, I shall stand my ground for God when many come forth to speak against him instead of for him!)
    The scriptures are clear, as well as the implication...believe what you will pal!
    Last edited by dcontroversal; 5 Days Ago at 05:56 PM.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    53
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: The body of Moses

    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    lol! right?

    but! remember Moses asked God to show him His glory?
    so he wasn't allowed to enter the land for his disobedience, and then?

    Some eight days after these sayings, He took along Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray. And while He was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah (symbolizing the Law and the Prophets, which testify of Christ?), who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. (Lk 9:29-31)

    there's Moses in Israel.
    and even better... God's glory seen!

    For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Cor 4:6)

    sorry to go off-piste everyone, but, oh, the kindness and mercy of God. ♥ ♥
    The Mountain that the transfiguration took place on it not mentioned in the Bible. If it was in the promised man, then God is a liar and would still be a liar if Moses is one of the 2 witnesses in Jerusalem. When God said he could not enter the promised land he meant it.

    Moses could not be one of the 2 witnesses, because it would mean he died twice and would be resurrected twice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 17th, 2016, 08:36 PM
  2. Body Image issues and Body care (Temple of the Holy Spirit)
    By christianguitarist in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 18th, 2016, 07:16 AM
  3. Moses' final speach, "Happy Birthday Moses" 120 candles!
    By BenAvraham in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 20th, 2015, 05:49 AM
  4. Why do you think Satan wanted Moses body so bad?
    By SurJones in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 4th, 2009, 09:25 AM