View Poll Results: do the works of jesus save us

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    4 66.67%
  • no

    2 33.33%
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree21Likes
  • 5 Post By Magenta
  • 2 Post By stonesoffire
  • 5 Post By Marano
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 3 Post By FreeNChrist
  • 2 Post By jaybird88
  • 3 Post By mailmandan

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: do the works of jesus save us

  1. #1
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default do the works of jesus save us

    Ephesians 2:10New International Version (NIV)

    10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

    And is it possible that a brother would look to save a brother ? yes or no..

    So saving grace what might that be done through us..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,876
    Rep Power
    360

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    John3-16p.jpg
    John3-16


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  3. #3
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    It's only the works of Jesus that saves us. To the point of new birth that is. Not just mental assent.
    Magenta and Grace777x70 like this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Marano's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2011
    Age
    22
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    How many threads about works do you have to create op to get your point across? Works don't save anyone, works are the evidence someone is saved, as is the fruit of the spirit.

  5. #5
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    The works of Jesus do save you....is that diffacult to understand ?

    Its not rocket science that Jesus changes us from the inside out..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  6. #6
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Quote Originally Posted by Marano View Post
    How many threads about works do you have to create op to get your point across? Works don't save anyone, works are the evidence someone is saved, as is the fruit of the spirit.
    I have free will and if my light shall shine i have glory too........
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  7. #7
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    shakes head in amazement at the vote for no.. i wonder what there reason was for voting no,,,,,, not that im wondering anymore..... I know i bet Its something like Jesus doesnt need to do works either ? we can save our selfs..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  8. #8
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,044
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    292

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Jesus' death is what saved (s) us...





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  9. #9
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Jesus' death is what saved (s) us...
    That was Jesus Going back to the father so he could save us.. im not sure what you implying but is this your reason for voting no ?
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  10. #10
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,044
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    292

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    You assume too much. I haven't even voted yet.. lol

    Jesus died on the cross to save us. He didn't go to heaven and THEN die.. I know why you start all these threads asking if works save us.. You're hoping someone will say yes, but that just isn't gonna happen, because works don't save us. Grace, faith and belief is what saves us.


    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    That was Jesus Going back to the father so he could save us.. im not sure what you implying but is this your reason for voting no ?
    grif101 likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  11. #11
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    You assume too much. I haven't even voted yet.. lol

    Jesus died on the cross to save us. He didn't go to heaven and THEN die.. I know why you start all these threads asking if works save us.. You're hoping someone will say yes, but that just isn't gonna happen, because works don't save us. Grace, faith and belief is what saves us.
    yes the works of God saves us.
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  12. #12
    Senior Member FreeNChrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    7,877
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    We are saved by Christ's life.

    "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by His life.
    " Romans 5:10

    “How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?”
    Gal 3:3



  13. #13
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,392
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    do the works of jesus save us
    LOL the grace p[eople are gonna love that!
    blue_ladybug and JIMBO43 like this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    47
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Ephesians 2:8-9New International Version (NIV)

    8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

    It is grace that gives us salvation when we believe, ask for, and receive the gift made possible by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ through his death and resurrection.

  15. #15
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird88 View Post
    LOL the grace p[eople are gonna love that!
    Its a world Gone mad..

    I can understand That our own works do not give us salvation.. but how anyone can argue that the works of christ dont save you either is totaly beyond me..

    Conclusion people have debated works in a bad way for far to long..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  16. #16
    Senior Member mailmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2014
    Age
    51
    Posts
    12,311
    Rep Power
    256

    Default Re: do the works of jesus save us

    Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption and not based on the merits of our works.
    I'm not a bad guy. I'm just misunderstood.

    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 18th, 2017, 03:08 PM
  2. Jesus wants to save us
    By Roldz in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 10th, 2017, 02:51 PM
  3. If a man has Faith but has not Works, can his Faith Save Him?
    By Mindee in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 20th, 2016, 05:04 PM
  4. Jesus wants to save the Palestinians
    By 1still_waters in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: June 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM
  5. What does Jesus save you from?
    By acesneverwin in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM