Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree46Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: some questions to ask of you

  1. #1
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default some questions to ask of you

    is anyone on this forum to grow with one another in the word of God? does it really matter if this person or that person has a good word just because we ourselves dont know an answer? is not the purpose of coming together for discussions, to expand our understanding of the written word, being a bible discussion forum? im having a perception that many are more here to argue thier own limited understanding and would like to offer the thought that not one of us is able to grasp everything by Gods design intended to bring us together into a fuller Knowledge that we cant attain by ourselves.

    Please understand it isnt a judgement, ive been involved in a few arguments, and also have been guilty of thinking i knew. I have found over the years when we are convinced we already understand it all, God will always humble that within us. There are many wonderful people here with good understandings, One may understand the depth of a subject such as the Law of moses, while another may understand a subject like the epistles and thier place. Just a serious inquiry and invitation for anyone who is looking to share ( not force teachings on others) but share things that are in the word of God that He has given insight to them into.

    its really the only reason some of us are here to actually grow in understanding, knowing that we each have come from different life experiences with the Lord and because of that we do have valuable things to share with others, and valuable things we can learn from others. arguing every point of another when they have clear scripture and good insight is not valuable , nor is explaining why certain aspects dont apply though they are clearly written. I am really just trying to decide if there is more value than detriment to being here. again to be clear, i have been a part of the arguing and stubbornness as i have perceived in most anyone who posts regularly so this isnt a judgement, rather a measure of value of participation, and realizing that i too have ben involved in some of the detrimental things.

    Brothers and sisters, we spend far too much time devouring each other and plucking the seed from one anothers Hearts in this place, No more for me, i hope others have already seen the same and feel the same.

    2 timothy 2:14-16 " Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness."


    Lets grow into maturity together, rather than tearing one another down with the word, Gods design is to come together as believers in humility. different opinions are sure to be, but isnt the purpose to come to Jesus "opinion" rather than argue over our own? I pray you may have the humility to consider this

  2. #2
    Senior Member Grace777x70's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,378
    Rep Power
    222

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Good post. We should be able to post our beliefs on a subject without the insults and personal attacks.

    It is ok to agree to disagree one some subjects and to have a different opinion. Once we leave our opinion - we should just let it lie where it is.

    We can leave things in the very capable hands of the Holy Spirit because after all only He can give us true revelation of the things of God and reveal all that our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us.

    These personal attacks need to stop in order to have a proper, respectful environment in order to be even able to "hear" what we are actually saying to each other.

    I agree with the op - none of us know all there is to know about a subject. We all need each other in the body of Christ and we have different functions and purposes so we are going to be different. We are growing in our awareness of the grace and love of our Father and Lord for us.

    We each have an individual walk with the Lord that is unique between us and the Lord.

    I like that Paul said - "Those who think they know something - don't know it as they ought to."

    One of the greatest OP's I have seen for a long time. Bless you my precious brother!
    JesusLives, followjesus and beta like this.
    The new man in Christ - the new creation that is created in righteousness and

    holiness hears the heart voice of the Spirit and not an old head noise of the letter

    of the word. The Pharisees knew "bible knowledge" but they did not

    know God's heart and so they erred in really understanding what the

    scriptures were saying.


    The Lord wants us to look through His eyes and to live from His heart towards

    people, towards Him and towards ourselves as well.

  3. #3
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    Good post. We should be able to post our beliefs on a subject without the insults and personal attacks.

    It is ok to agree to disagree one some subjects and to have a different opinion. Once we leave our opinion - we should just let it lie where it is.

    We can leave things in the very capable hands of the Holy Spirit because after all only He can give us true revelation of the things of God and reveal all that our Lord Jesus Christ has done for us.

    These personal attacks need to stop in order to have a proper, respectful environment in order to be even able to "hear" what we are actually saying to each other.

    I agree with the op - none of us know all there is to know about a subject. We all need each other in the body of Christ and we have different functions and purposes so we are going to be different. We are growing in our awareness of the grace and love of our Father and Lord for us.

    We each have an individual walk with the Lord that is unique between us and the Lord.

    I like that Paul said - "Those who think they know something - don't know it as they ought to."

    One of the greatest OP's I have seen for a long time. Bless you my precious brother!
    amen bruce. Like i said i hope people will consider that most of us that post very regularly, are all a bit culpable in this matter, Here we are planting seeds on one hand, and snatching them away in the next few comments on threads. I have been just as culpable as many others, but......theres certainly nothing wrong with learning our lesson and growing in things we were overlooking on our own ( if that makes sense) lots of us could use a dose of true humility and understanding that our present Knowledge can easily puff us up rather than build others up.

    at times though un intended my posts focus so much on something so important Like obedience, at times i lose focus on things Just as important such as the great mercy of our God as we are moving forward and growing into things Like obedience. I appreciate the post there and hope you and i can move forward leaving the past behind and hopefully mutually impart value to one another. the thing about a seed, is that it takes some time to grow even when the soil is good fertile ground, time and care is still required and Gods Pateince with us should be an example of ours towards each other, that is something that has really been a lesson for me, i do have a good measure of understanding, as do many others, yet when patience isnt learned, we end up stamping out the seedlings before they have time to root in hearts
    Grace777x70 and beta like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Yonah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    We all know anytime we enter the public domain, rather it be a church, or social dinner, or a chatroom, we must understand and be prepared to deal with different characters in various stages of growth.
    I agree with the post and would like to add one thought if I may.... when faced with the challenges we see here at times, (and admittedly I too have been part of the problem from time to time) we have a choice at that moment.
    Lately the Almighty has been dealing with my character in many ways, not the least of which is practicing the principle found in Romans 8:14.
    when someone is responding or behaving in a way not becoming a believer, I try to keep in mind I must answer to and walk with our Savior , it is our relationship, so it seems to me if I endure some insult or even ridicule, it is certainly no less then what He endured for me, besides it can serve to help us grow if we choose to let it.
    Last edited by Yonah; May 18th, 2017 at 06:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    amen, yeah i think we know that there will be contention in places like this. to me since ive been here its been a constant battle in myself whether its more helpful to my faith or detrimental to it. i guess is why thois post, and thinking of the younger than others in christ who come here in a good thought of learning, i cringe a bit to think how we are all together representing our faith in Jesus. some of the things ( which again ive been involved in as well) that happen here it seems they would appear " why would i want to learn about Jesus, look at how they treat each other" i think that scripture in timothy is referring to that idea, to me anyways " to the subverting of the hearers"

    I like what you said there about How he is currently working in an area with you, i think some lose sight that that is how He is working with each of us. lol i think back to some arguments ive had here, and i was arguing against things i myself believed and would have said 10 years ago. it wasnt because i was just wrong, but that i was growing up, as i still am daily.....I pray i awlays continue growing toward the goal, rather than blindfolding myself to thinking i have attained it already.

    God bless and thanks for that insightful adition
    JesusLives, Grace777x70 and beta like this.

  6. #6
    Member 3putter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2016
    Age
    44
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    That is the reason I do not post here very often. I do enjoy reading the many posts here, but there is so much anger and arguments that happen here and it makes me very cautious to even offer my thoughts on a subject.
    Matthew 4:17) From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,194
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    202

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    If I want a decent conversation I put everyone who picks a fight and those who respond on ignore. Then talk to the folks who seem more mature and whose wisdom I respect.

    Some days I try and play mediator but I find it exhausting to try and make peace.

    So when I have limited time I only read certain people responses.

    i know I miss some of the conversation but it makes it e asked for me to learn and pray before posting.
    followjesus likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by 3putter View Post
    That is the reason I do not post here very often. I do enjoy reading the many posts here, but there is so much anger and arguments that happen here and it makes me very cautious to even offer my thoughts on a subject.
    amen man, i hear ya. thoise who feel as you do and some others of us feel, should start doing our best to be good examples, im gonna just start letting the contention go as bruce made the point in his comment we should just be able to share things , because that Gods design for our growth in His ways and His Knowledge. its hard sometimes when we know what we Know and others dont agree......but its a good practice in self control for us to look for the good things we find Here, and just avoid the arguing.

    it would be much better for at least my own inner man, to make room for that kind of thing here and i would come and go with peace as it should be for all of us in a discussion forum of Gods Word !!

    God bless and Keep you always

  9. #9
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    If I want a decent conversation I put everyone who picks a fight and those who respond on ignore. Then talk to the folks who seem more mature and whose wisdom I respect.

    Some days I try and play mediator but I find it exhausting to try and make peace.

    So when I have limited time I only read certain people responses.

    i know I miss some of the conversation but it makes it e asked for me to learn and pray before posting.
    amen i hear what ur saying, i think sometimes for me its discerning whether what they are saying is incorrect, or if i disagree with it. if that makes sense, sometimes its incorrect, other times i just havent learned what they are saying yet, so its more me disagreeing. so ive been really looking earlier at me first to make sure if im rejecting truth, or arguing eith it. some of us just arent where another is in thoier life. there was a time i found myself arguing against the things i know now, i remember 10 years agoarguing with a person explaining about the commands of Jesus, or stressing obedience. it wasnt that He was wrong, it was Just that He was further along than i was at the time.

    i keep thinking of the seed and growth principle, a seed is planted in the earth, after a short time 2 small codalydens emerge. if the plant is destroyed at that time it will never grow up, but when the seedling is small and young, it cant accept fertilizers meant for rooted and established plants, as it grows the needs of the plant change, it needs more water, more nutrients to remain healthy. eventually it needs removal of the dying leaves, pruning in order to make room for stronger limbs or foliage whatever type plant it is.

    Now were not plants obviously, but the principle i feel can apply to the christian Life, there was a time, the things i share now, didnt help or make me grow, now though i dont want to be found forcing strong fertilizer on small plants that need other types that made me grow into what i am now, Nor do i want to convince myself that im ready for Harvest, because no matter the fruit i bare now, ill never bear the fruit of perfection as compared to my example of Jesus who is the atmosphers, the root, the branch, the water and light that makes us grow.

    lol not sure this will make sense but i hope so, just trying to express my heart today. God bless and keep you always

  10. #10
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,969
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    I cannot speak for the motive and reason of others who frequent the forum but even knowing that the bdf is a war zone with threads that suspiciously appear to have been made specifically for constant arguing and many people attack mock and argue I come here for communion with other believers and to grow as a child of God as well as to help and to teach others if god should decide to use me in such a manner.

    Few people think about the power words have, every action and every word we do and speak is like a pebble falling into a lake it creates ripples and these ripples expand and grow in both size and radius especially so online where the space for the ripples to expand is vastly more open. Our words can also be likened to a sword, a sword can cut down and can pierce and make people bleed but for every blade that there is to cut and to make bleed there is also a sword to protect and heal.

    If we cannot debate in a mature calm and Christ like manner then we should not be debating, if all we are doing is senselessly arguing and debating in fiery debates just to argue or to prove ourselves right then we do not have God's power or love in our words and will only cause chaos. Both God and satan are very active in this site and we are the chess pieces in this chess game, the thing is though many who claim to be teaching and speaking the truth and who frequent the forum in all kinds of debates may say they are doing so for the kingdom or to speak the truth and some may have even convinced themselves this as well but they are un knowingly being used by satan as they continue to attack and mock people and point the finger and use scripture as a weapon.
    followjesus likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    I am quite new to Christian Chat. I love the openness and frankness of everyone. I used to think what I knew was all in all. Back in 1999 my course mates called me a "Pharisee".

  12. #12
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,969
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by loisola View Post
    I am quite new to Christian Chat. I love the openness and frankness of everyone. I used to think what I knew was all in all. Back in 1999 my course mates called me a "Pharisee".
    Welcome to Christian chat
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  13. #13
    Senior Member Yahweh_is_gracious's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,387
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    I learned fairly early on in my membership here to keep my mouth shut about what I believe. CC, to me, is not an environment for the sharing of ideas. There is entirely too much preaching, and not enough teaching. Many of my ideas and past experiences are of a nature that is seen as "heretical" around here, and I've not yet found anyone here who can have an adult, intelligent, rational discussion about these matters. I've given up. I will sort those matters out on my own and leave the mudslinging to those who enjoy that kind of discourse.
    followjesus likes this.
    Some days, I feel like removing the SIM from my phone, breaking it in pieces, tossing the phone in a wood chipper, grabbing my bug-out bag, leave everyone without saying a word, and just going ghost for the rest of my life.

    "People are always angry at anyone who chooses very individual standards for his life; because of the extraordinary treatment which that man grants to himself, they feel degraded, like ordinary beings."
    - Nietzsche

  14. #14
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by loisola View Post
    I am quite new to Christian Chat. I love the openness and frankness of everyone. I used to think what I knew was all in all. Back in 1999 my course mates called me a "Pharisee".
    lol i been there haha i think all of us struggle with different types of judgements we make without even realizing we are, because of the things we Know or have been taught in the past. ur always welcome to drop any thoughts on me, God bless

  15. #15
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh_is_gracious View Post
    I learned fairly early on in my membership here to keep my mouth shut about what I believe. CC, to me, is not an environment for the sharing of ideas. There is entirely too much preaching, and not enough teaching. Many of my ideas and past experiences are of a nature that is seen as "heretical" around here, and I've not yet found anyone here who can have an adult, intelligent, rational discussion about these matters. I've given up. I will sort those matters out on my own and leave the mudslinging to those who enjoy that kind of discourse.
    what you have said Here, is what lead to this post, to start a dialogue about that. in a place where christians gather, we should be able to share rather than teach or preach at others, and when different views of things are out there, if were willing to be humble, God will through Loving conversation, enlighten those things to bring us out of our own opinions more toward the Word of Jesus and His thoughts on matters. i truly believe that its part of His design for us to come together, rather than tear one another down and make them feel as you have said here. God bless and kep you, drop any thoughts u have my way, and if we dont see it exactly the same, its possible that we can grow through those types of situations if willingness is present
    beta likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    I cannot speak for the motive and reason of others who frequent the forum but even knowing that the bdf is a war zone with threads that suspiciously appear to have been made specifically for constant arguing and many people attack mock and argue I come here for communion with other believers and to grow as a child of God as well as to help and to teach others if god should decide to use me in such a manner.

    Few people think about the power words have, every action and every word we do and speak is like a pebble falling into a lake it creates ripples and these ripples expand and grow in both size and radius especially so online where the space for the ripples to expand is vastly more open. Our words can also be likened to a sword, a sword can cut down and can pierce and make people bleed but for every blade that there is to cut and to make bleed there is also a sword to protect and heal.

    If we cannot debate in a mature calm and Christ like manner then we should not be debating, if all we are doing is senselessly arguing and debating in fiery debates just to argue or to prove ourselves right then we do not have God's power or love in our words and will only cause chaos. Both God and satan are very active in this site and we are the chess pieces in this chess game, the thing is though many who claim to be teaching and speaking the truth and who frequent the forum in all kinds of debates may say they are doing so for the kingdom or to speak the truth and some may have even convinced themselves this as well but they are un knowingly being used by satan as they continue to attack and mock people and point the finger and use scripture as a weapon.
    really good point there and well spoken blain. God gave us something so precious and when we arent careful satan can use the knowledge to really harm another. again back to that scripture about " subverting the hearers" of our constant bickering. the day i joined Here there was an argument about grace v works, and it rages on still. mostly those threads you are mentioning do not at all reflect christian behavior if they go long at all, its hard to see the spirit in them at times. and it shouldnt be that way simply because its a chrostian forum, made to discuss the Word of God that is so good and valuable. i think humility is needed by many it would do wonders in places like this, God bless and Keep you bro

  17. #17
    Senior Member pottersclay's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,551
    Rep Power
    87

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    I think that this forum picks on subjects that have been debated for years. In fact I get rather bored at a lot of topics because it's just another thread of a endless debate.

    God's word is to challenge you to study "see if it ain't so" there are so many other topics in the bible we need to glean from.

    What I know can be fit in a thimble with plenty of room for a thumb.
    followjesus likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    I think that this forum picks on subjects that have been debated for years. In fact I get rather bored at a lot of topics because it's just another thread of a endless debate.

    God's word is to challenge you to study "see if it ain't so" there are so many other topics in the bible we need to glean from.

    What I know can be fit in a thimble with plenty of room for a thumb.
    yep, and alot of those deeper subjects arent noticed until we start discussing things in an orderly manner and actually hearing the other guy, and they hear us. alot of times i like to discuss things and they end up going in a direction that offers a viewpoint, maybe myself or another hasnt considered. i truly feel as if we arent complete until we begoin coming together more in the right spirit and intention.

    God wants His children to be for one another, rather than against. debates like " can you lose salvation" just arent even really a debate none of us can give, or take salvation from another. i think our place is to learn and spur toward growth in all different areas, thanks for the thought there ! God bless

  19. #19
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    87
    Posts
    1,334
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    After reading through this thread I am really happy to see so much AGREEMENT !!!
    We may have differences but basically I see 'humility and love' - so all is not lost !
    Let us forgive each other and start again ! God bless all !
    followjesus likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,776
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: some questions to ask of you

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    After reading through this thread I am really happy to see so much AGREEMENT !!!
    We may have differences but basically I see 'humility and love' - so all is not lost !
    Let us forgive each other and start again ! God bless all !
    "Let us forgive each other and start again ! God bless all !" some of the wisest and sweetest tasting words ive ever heard God bless again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 20 questions (see post #1 for all questions)
    By AlaynaJ in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: November 21st, 2015, 11:25 PM
  2. I'm new here with questions :)
    By goodnewsanonomys in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
  3. New with questions.
    By NikLee in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 8th, 2014, 02:57 PM
  4. Questions That Shouldn't Be Questions
    By TomL in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
  5. Few Questions...
    By Sadarian in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 14th, 2010, 10:17 PM