Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1019
Like Tree352Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: The holy spirit

  1. #41
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,203
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Tongues and prophesy were the initial signs. Blain is prophetic.
    Blain likes this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,619
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    192

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Tongues and prophesy were the initial signs. Blain is prophetic.
    I know for a fact you are prophetic my friend though likely much more mature and experienced in that realm than I lol
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel2020 View Post
    Once a person has been filled with the Holy Spirit,after cleaning your house, no demon will dare approach the Holy spirit to take back the House. the only way he can get back in is that the house was never occupied by the Holy Spirit in the fiorst place. I wish people would stop denying the truth of God's word, and just believe what Jesus said about demons. If you have not been filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, then shame on you.
    Now this is a lie....you can have the Holy Spirit without "speaking in tongues"

    I can get Bible verses out that show tongues is only gifted to some and are known languages but I doubt that will help.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Now this is a lie....you can have the Holy Spirit without "speaking in tongues"

    I can get Bible verses out that show tongues is only gifted to some and are known languages but I doubt that will help.
    Have to side with you here Ariel!
    I am a non-cessationist but I think Gabriel's doctrine needs a fair bit of work!
    Blain likes this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Jimbo,

    I agree with the ideas behind this statement but describe it as demonic influence and mental intrusion.


    Yes mate to attack you satan has to commnicate with your thoughts.. which is invasion and possesion temporalily..
    The words "possession" has more to it.
    It implies you have no control and can't fight back. Which isn't true. Also they can't own you because you belong to God, but they do try and steal your life away with their lies.

    Also "invasion" implies they live inside of you. They don't but they can plant thoughts and lies to make you think that and so you freak out.

    If you have the Holy Spirit, all you have to do is pray and praise God and He will chase away the demons and they will flee.

    Doesn't always happen like a light switch. Sometimes you have to wait days or months or years.

    You remember the story of Job?

    He waited a long time before God showed up.
    .he had 3 friends who were Demonically influenced in dreams.

    I think the deeper you get into Christ and His truth. The less the demons attack you, because they can't trick you into speaking their lies.

    Doesn't mean they stop attacking...just they change tactics.

    When I first became Christians I used to see spirits who pretended to be my friends and "teach" me things. Tell me things about people I had no way of knowing.

    True things, like their hidden sins. I learned that they weren't my friends and were tempting me with "power" if I used that knowledge.

    Even now I can see demons whispering lies to people sometimes.

    I am getting braver at approaching and asking if I can pray with them. I have seen God's angels sweep in and chase away demons, but unless they have the Holy Spirit and read and pray themselves...they just fall back into darkness and get 7 times more demons than before torturing them.

    So I just pray and ask God for help. This is His war.

    We are just soldiers in it, helping our brethren to walk, heal and fight off the demons that torment them. As they help us when we stumble and feel weak with their love and prayers.

    As always you are in my prayer brother Jimbo.
    Last edited by Ariel82; June 10th, 2017 at 06:29 AM.
    Blain likes this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Jimbo, I don't normally share because people think I am boasting or something, but I realise it's not me.

    I have no power but to pray and it's God who works and heals and delivers people.

    So if we boast let us boast in God.

    When I was learning the Bible I would have a really hard time because I had 3 or 4 different voices in my head telling me what the "truth" was.

    I would get so mad and frustrated.

    It took the patience and prayer of a lot of people to help me walk through it. Years even.

    Abiding who has since been called home to God spent hours every day for months patiently answering my questions and praying with me.

    God blessed me with others who lovely mentored me.

    I know I still have a lot to learn.

    However what I found strange was when I was attack Demonically and rebuked them using scripture..,i would get attack by someone repeating the lies the demons whispered in my head.

    It was so strange and used to freak me out.

    Now I think of it as God's way of warning me that someone will need that scripture to fight off the lies the demons are whispering to them.

    I hope that makes sense and doesn't make you look at me sidewise.

    Most people are scared of demons and being able to see into the spiritual world.

    God says He did not give us the spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind.

    I dont think it's something we should seek out, but I also don't think it's something we should ignore because all through the Bible God talks about the spiritual realm.
    Blain, JIMBO43 and samuel23 like this.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Here is a song.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXdidCFbp7k

    Remember it's basic training to learn to fight off your own demons (by standing on God's truth and promises, praying and overcoming sin in your life by forgiving others and loving them as God has forgiven you and washed you clean by the blood of the Lamb)..,, so that later God can send you on missions to help others fight the good fight for the glory of God.


    Some people think you overcome sin by being sinless.., but God says you overcome sin by asking God for forgiveness and learning to love others as He loves us.

    When we focus on love, our heart break too much to sin against others.
    Last edited by Ariel82; June 10th, 2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Blain likes this.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    Conviction of the holy spirit is a poweful and more poweful than you.. i say if you sin after conviction your not walking right and your ignoring and you are possesed.
    My friend I have a more gracious spirit in this.
    People are so confused and lost often you have to spend time listening to their life
    language and what these different ideas mean to them.

    A person can live as if they know the Lord but it is a way of getting attention.
    Another can rebel and kick out at the world because they hate and are bitter at
    how things have gone in their lives and the beauty of life they thought was awaiting
    them has defiled and destroyed their dreams, and so they kick out in anger.

    So much trauma dwells in many that sin is driven by these hurts and damage.
    So to rush to judgement, to diagnosis is always dangerous.

    It can take months, sometimes years to find what the balance of issues are, so deeply
    buried these things can be, and how superficial people talk about them.

    Imagine a person is 20 layers of emotional history. A bomb went off early in their life
    and damaged the lowest 5 layers. They live and exist only in the top 5 layers of so,
    but the damage works it way through, but they do not even see or acknowledge the
    damage done fundamentally in who they are. It makes things very confusing, and
    how we interact can get wrongly diagnosed and reacted to.

    You will see this in cc every day. You will see it in how people speak, their humour,
    their abuse, their joys and their sadnesses, their hard hearts, their openness or their
    closed off feelings.

    What is my heart is to find ways to speak to this damage, and talk of Christs healing
    hands, the work of love and building that makes it all new, clean, pure and resolved.
    That is the power of the cross and the Holy Spirit.
    Blain and oldethennew like this.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Most people are scared of demons and being able to see into the spiritual world.
    What I have observed is people who get too involved in labelling things demonic or not demonic
    often miss love and Gods ministry.

    If people actually focused on the fruit of the Spirit, loving and helping those around them, bringing
    blessing and praise, they would find victory is in their path.

    Paul prays continually for what? That believers might realise the love Christ has for them
    through the cross. It is this that brings us victory over all spiritual powers or attempts by
    the enemy to lose our focus.

    Often those who feel they have "discernment" get pride in the very thing they claim they
    do not have and diagnose a demon or evil spirit, where actually it is Gods word at work and
    it is sin they are giving into in their own lives. I personally have been discerned by "believers"
    as being evil, when this whole crap idea is just their own imagination building a whole mountain
    of significance over nothing.

    So yes there are many voices in our heads, but 99% of them are our imagination giving us
    alternatives. Simply listen to God and His word, and the Holy Spirit will teach you the truth.

    Very occasionally demons do appear, but they flee at the power of Christ.
    But if you want to intimidate anyone, make every shadow a threat because this is the best
    way to dishonour the King who dwells in our hearts.
    Blain likes this.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    I have seen many people get into false "deliverance ministries" and every thought you have doesn't necessarily come from direct demonic influences.

    However habitual sin is rooted in a lie that was probably whisphered to you and you built a spiritual stronghold that wars against God's knowledge.

    Once you recognize the lie and combat it with God's truth, you overcome and break the chains that sinful action has enslaved you.

    We have control of our minds and we can overcome by God's power and truth the lies the world teaches us.
    Blain and oldethennew like this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    2 Corinthians 10:5New International Version (NIV)

    5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

    *******

    If it's not God's truth and you allow your "imaginations" voice than you aren't speaking for God but the enemy.
    Blain and PeterJens like this.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,689
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Ephesians 6:12
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

    Ephesians 6:13
    Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

    2 Corinthians 10:3-4
    For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

    1 Peter 5:8
    Be of sober spirit, be on the alert Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

    2 Timothy 2:3
    Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
    Blain likes this.

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    13,204
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    2 Corinthians 10:5New International Version (NIV)

    5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

    *******

    If it's not God's truth and you allow your "imaginations" voice than you aren't speaking for God but the enemy.
    I do find this very humbling. In the process of reading a sentence I become aware how
    much it speaks into my mind or fails to. If the word that dwells in me in Christs words then
    it builds up and makes strong, but if it is something else, it jars and finds a problem.

    What I find weird is how as I speak, the words I want to share echo scripture, and I see an
    argument which is the same as the apostles used. I can then begin to conclude I am sitting
    where they sat, though only in part, and so I praise the Lord.

    I have in the past been where my ideas do not match the words and it does not speak the
    same way. It makes me wonder at how important it is to let the word dwell and wash through
    us daily and in all we do and think.

    I remember very clearly feeling Jesus's words seemed very different to Paul and the old testament,
    which appeared brutal and ferocious. But now I see a whole in different layers, a strand of position
    and argument, the balancing between Holiness and judgement and love and grace working to His
    glory. The Holy Spirit can open our hearts up to these things if we give Him space and time.

    But it does take both life change, repentance, and dedication.
    Ariel82, Blain and oldethennew like this.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,209
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel2020 View Post
    the scriptures set the standard not me. im strictly going by scripture. it is possible that you was unaware of speaking in tongue.. i heard the language i was speaking,even though i did not understand what i said. the Holy spirit had full control of me in a instant.,and when he let go, i was amazed, full of fire, and ready.
    The Holy Spirit had control even though you had no idea what it was saying?

    Signs are for those who believe not, prophecy for those who do believe God. God has not added one word or vision to the Bible the one source of Christian faith for over two thousand years .Satan will be bringing signs and lying wonders intruding into things which he has not seen vainly puffed up by the fleshly minds right up until the last day.

    1Co 14:11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.


    Conversation in preaching the gospel is a two way work. As the Holy Spirit interprets His word to one he does it to the other Men spoke in there own native language as prophecyGod interprets into one they can understand. (the gift of tongues)

    There is no sign we could perform that would be evidence we have the Holy Spirit. The fleshly Jews were faulted for requiring a sign before they could believe...


    The father of lies will be bringing signs and lying wonder through the fleshly minds of men right up till the end of time there is no reason to add to the word of God..there is nothing missing

    Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
    Ariel82 likes this.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,209
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel2020 View Post
    Once a person has been filled with the Holy Spirit,after cleaning your house, no demon will dare approach the Holy spirit to take back the House. the only way he can get back in is that the house was never occupied by the Holy Spirit in the fiorst place. I wish people would stop denying the truth of God's word, and just believe what Jesus said about demons. If you have not been filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, then shame on you.
    Believers can be influenced by Satan who has no body (outward form )by trying through his deception the make the things of men like making a sound that has no meaning and hoping it is evidence of the Holy Spirit, as the things of God. This offends God it does not support what he informs us.

    Therefore a clear distinction between the "things of God" and those of men must be made. It there Satan the leader of the antichrists works in men to forbid God from carrying out His gospel plan this includes working in a believer..

  16. #56
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,592
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    My friend I have a more gracious spirit in this.
    People are so confused and lost often you have to spend time listening to their life
    language and what these different ideas mean to them.

    A person can live as if they know the Lord but it is a way of getting attention.
    Another can rebel and kick out at the world because they hate and are bitter at
    how things have gone in their lives and the beauty of life they thought was awaiting
    them has defiled and destroyed their dreams, and so they kick out in anger.

    So much trauma dwells in many that sin is driven by these hurts and damage.
    So to rush to judgement, to diagnosis is always dangerous.

    It can take months, sometimes years to find what the balance of issues are, so deeply
    buried these things can be, and how superficial people talk about them.

    Imagine a person is 20 layers of emotional history. A bomb went off early in their life
    and damaged the lowest 5 layers. They live and exist only in the top 5 layers of so,
    but the damage works it way through, but they do not even see or acknowledge the
    damage done fundamentally in who they are. It makes things very confusing, and
    how we interact can get wrongly diagnosed and reacted to.

    You will see this in cc every day. You will see it in how people speak, their humour,
    their abuse, their joys and their sadnesses, their hard hearts, their openness or their
    closed off feelings.

    What is my heart is to find ways to speak to this damage, and talk of Christs healing
    hands, the work of love and building that makes it all new, clean, pure and resolved.
    That is the power of the cross and the Holy Spirit.
    I understand where your coming from but your entire post here suggests that its the persons own fault on why they sin .

    All theese heart issues you speak of in my oppinion is just a bigger gateway to denomic influence.. God knows your heart and so unfortunately Does satan.. I seariously believe that...

    I am not speaking about you here when i say you i mean you in everbody..

    Demons put ideas in to your head to hurt others or to act out in hate or jelousy or anger or whatever.. the person you then go and do harm to then gets reminded of that by enemy forever..

    Like wispers or thoughts still voices etc.

    They will control the persons mind with thought of do i this or do i that...

    Thats the enemy making you think its your own thoughts by saying do i have to stay here with him. all of a sudden you get up and leave thinking that thought has just come from your self.

    The person who suffers the most hurt will never let go of that hurt coz satan will always remind them of it...

    So yes while i agree with you that people do act out of there own hurt and are irresponsibble... your scars are also something that the enemy will focus on. They are all knowing all seeing and all scheaming taring families apart and deviding.. whilst you would probably forgive sooner satan will not allow that to happen by constantly reminding you what a hatefull person some people are.. so you can never forgive coz he will always remind you..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  17. #57
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,592
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Jimbo,

    I agree with the ideas behind this statement but describe it as demonic influence and mental intrusion.



    The words "possession" has more to it.
    It implies you have no control and can't fight back. Which isn't true. Also they can't own you because you belong to God, but they do try and steal your life away with their lies.

    Also "invasion" implies they live inside of you. They don't but they can plant thoughts and lies to make you think that and so you freak out.

    If you have the Holy Spirit, all you have to do is pray and praise God and He will chase away the demons and they will flee.

    Doesn't always happen like a light switch. Sometimes you have to wait days or months or years.

    You remember the story of Job?

    He waited a long time before God showed up.
    .he had 3 friends who were Demonically influenced in dreams.

    I think the deeper you get into Christ and His truth. The less the demons attack you, because they can't trick you into speaking their lies.

    Doesn't mean they stop attacking...just they change tactics.

    When I first became Christians I used to see spirits who pretended to be my friends and "teach" me things. Tell me things about people I had no way of knowing.

    True things, like their hidden sins. I learned that they weren't my friends and were tempting me with "power" if I used that knowledge.

    Even now I can see demons whispering lies to people sometimes.

    I am getting braver at approaching and asking if I can pray with them. I have seen God's angels sweep in and chase away demons, but unless they have the Holy Spirit and read and pray themselves...they just fall back into darkness and get 7 times more demons than before torturing them.

    So I just pray and ask God for help. This is His war.

    We are just soldiers in it, helping our brethren to walk, heal and fight off the demons that torment them. As they help us when we stumble and feel weak with their love and prayers.

    As always you are in my prayer brother Jimbo.
    I have seen the same things as you they are sneeky verry sneaky..

    However lets look at a few things here you say being attacked is not possession of any sort. ?

    Ok did you grant the demon permission to attack you ? no

    Did God grant that demon permisison ? no

    How on earth could that demon communicate with you ? when you cant see it ?

    How on earth does that demons voice get into your mind ? yet no one else can hear it only you..

    Conclussion there has to be some sort of mind d.n.a encoding going on some sort of d.n.a hearing receptor coding going on..

    This is possession what ever way you look at it... your thoughts have been taking captive....

    It may be temporalily but still its invasion... its unpermmited from you and its theft of your own thought proccess to make you think its you your self who is thinkng the thoughts the demons are making you think.

    I was playing that song yesterday oceans i upset my demons they said do i have to listen to this rubish i know it wasnt my thought and theres been many more incidents like this.. but now i know..

    However many do not..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  18. #58
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,592
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Here is a song.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXdidCFbp7k

    Remember it's basic training to learn to fight off your own demons (by standing on God's truth and promises, praying and overcoming sin in your life by forgiving others and loving them as God has forgiven you and washed you clean by the blood of the Lamb)..,, so that later God can send you on missions to help others fight the good fight for the glory of God.


    Some people think you overcome sin by being sinless.., but God says you overcome sin by asking God for forgiveness and learning to love others as He loves us.

    When we focus on love, our heart break too much to sin against others.
    You cant fight what you cant see they have an adavantage.. you can only pray you keep a hold of your emotions and develop a thicker skin to deal with all the hurtfull thoughts they put your way..

    The only way to fight them is to be quiet alert and friendly coz i never saw any angely scare of demons for me.. i dont think God can as he would of by now i dont think God can destroy them only get rid of them for a short while.. i think the bible is missing knowledge on this and i dont think satan will never be destroyed coz I strongly feal God would have done this by now if he could.. i think we face a never ending battle between Good and evil for all eternity.. that is the reality..
    Last edited by JIMBO43; June 10th, 2017 at 03:48 PM.
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  19. #59
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,592
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    What I have observed is people who get too involved in labelling things demonic or not demonic
    often miss love and Gods ministry.
    see this is where you slip up you think they have no power yet many say satan was one of the most poweful arc angels a bright star that fell..

    You really have to look at this mate i see it quite often when your always reminding us of wrongs people have said here..

    are your sure your not being reminded of that by denomic influence ?
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

  20. #60
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,592
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    I think the reality is one demon creates another demon and so demons will be around for ever..

    Or one demons createas an evil spirit.. meaning us they will turn someones spirit evil via mind control..

    niggling away at you each day until you act out with an evil nature.. Your now walking with them and not the Good spirits.. this is the battle.. learning to keep a hold of emotions when there making you rage is not easy but you can do it..
    When it is my calling i call....i cant help that...

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Holy Spirit is not a wuigee board spirit
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: November 13th, 2016, 03:58 PM
  2. Holy Spirit or evil spirit who is talking to my wife
    By kr in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: September 9th, 2016, 01:22 AM
  3. Replies: 77
    Last Post: November 7th, 2015, 05:26 PM
  4. If the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth..........
    By SaintInLight in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 15th, 2015, 10:34 PM