Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 643
Like Tree302Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: The holy spirit

  1. #1
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default The holy spirit

    Hi and greetings and now for my new poll...


    It just accured to me that if where holy spirit indwelled then the holy spirit should know when where tempted to hate or sin coz of denomic influence.

    Surely at that point we must not follow through ?

    And speak that jibe or that ill reward comment ?

    Now maybe to some questions are overboard like demanding the truth is demanding sin ?

    To the question Does the holy spirit convict us befor we sin. ?

    may you all be blessed by this and may you all deliver some fruits to this thread

    ......
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  2. #2
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    So im not posting a poll this time just your written words will do..

    I will count the vote at the end lol
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    35
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    The Holy Spirit is part of our natural state. The body comes 2nd.
    G00WZ likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,136
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    173

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by mj007 View Post
    The Holy Spirit is part of our natural state. The body comes 2nd.
    ? our natural state? Our natural state is one of flesh and sinfulness that is why we need the supernatural grace and love of God. And what do you mean the body comes second?
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  5. #5
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,136
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    173

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    Hi and greetings and now for my new poll...


    It just accured to me that if where holy spirit indwelled then the holy spirit should know when where tempted to hate or sin coz of denomic influence.

    Surely at that point we must not follow through ?

    And speak that jibe or that ill reward comment ?

    Now maybe to some questions are overboard like demanding the truth is demanding sin ?

    To the question Does the holy spirit convict us befor we sin. ?

    may you all be blessed by this and may you all deliver some fruits to this thread

    ......
    It's a bit hard to understand your wording here but yes the holy spirit knows when we are tempted but he is only there to guide us in the way to go in the end we decide if we give in to the temptation or not. We cannot blame the holy spirit for our own decisions
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  6. #6
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    23,077
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    201

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    ? our natural state? Our natural state is one of flesh and sinfulness that is why we need the supernatural grace and love of God. And what do you mean the body comes second?
    I was going to respond, but he is one of about 5 or 6 that reject immediately all constructive criticism based upon scripture from anyone that does not buy his flavor of Christianity........

  7. #7
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,136
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    173

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I was going to respond, but he is one of about 5 or 6 that reject immediately all constructive criticism based upon scripture from anyone that does not buy his flavor of Christianity........
    Then he isn't going to make it very far in growing in Christ
    dcontroversal and pottersclay like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  8. #8
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    It's a bit hard to understand your wording here but yes the holy spirit knows when we are tempted but he is only there to guide us in the way to go in the end we decide if we give in to the temptation or not. We cannot blame the holy spirit for our own decisions
    This i have a hard time with coz surely conviction befor you sin should be taken note of ?

    Surely if you follow through you have upset the holy spirit ?
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  9. #9
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Then he isn't going to make it very far in growing in Christ
    Im not sure what your talking about here blain but please lets not get like this here in the presence of the holy spirit.
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  10. #10
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Ariel82, popeye and limey410 like this.
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  11. #11
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    mankind will live on forever and will become the kingdom of the universe by mr universe lol
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  12. #12
    limey410
    Guest

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    I love this song too Jimbo !!
    popeye and JIMBO43 like this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by limey410 View Post
    I love this song too Jimbo !!
    i love this one too
    Last edited by JIMBO43; June 9th, 2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Ariel82 likes this.
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  14. #14
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,512
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    99

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    Now maybe to some questions are overboard like demanding the truth is demanding sin ?

    To the question Does the holy spirit convict us befor we sin. ?

    may you all be blessed by this and may you all deliver some fruits to this thread

    ......
    I think we are aware of getting hurt, of falling into self pity, of doing the things that
    lead to temptation and sinful behaviour.

    Sometimes with stress loading up it just creeps up on us.

    I am also convinced some appear to not notice what they are doing is sinful, hurtful
    and wrong, and go ahead anyway, because they have a hard heart and are convinced about
    where they stand no matter the consequences.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  15. #15
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    this one is majestic
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  16. #16
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJens View Post
    I think we are aware of getting hurt, of falling into self pity, of doing the things that
    lead to temptation and sinful behaviour.

    Sometimes with stress loading up it just creeps up on us.

    I am also convinced some appear to not notice what they are doing is sinful, hurtful
    and wrong, and go ahead anyway, because they have a hard heart and are convinced about
    where they stand no matter the consequences.
    Conviction of the holy spirit is a poweful and more poweful than you.. i say if you sin after conviction your not walking right and your ignoring and you are possesed.
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  17. #17
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Im not saying that you wont sin again......what im saying is if the holy spirit convicts you befor you sin and warns you not to and you ignor it and sin,,,,,, your either possessed or your not walking right.. either of which there is still forgivness only i dont know about the spirit led person who does this what his or her punishment may be and not nesacarily hell..


    However i think its a stern warning not to say something bad when your being told not to.

    What can happen is the enemy will keep on attacking you if he sees a christian singing for to long he will attack you... especialy if its a calling song the enemy hates that. hes real peter and verry powerfull mate you need to know how to handle it..
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  18. #18
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    Conviction of the holy spirit is a poweful and more poweful than you.. i say if you sin after conviction your not walking right and your ignoring and you are possesed.
    maybe possessed.... sorry
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

  19. #19
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,136
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    173

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO43 View Post
    This i have a hard time with coz surely conviction befor you sin should be taken note of ?

    Surely if you follow through you have upset the holy spirit ?
    We upset the holy spirit merely by having sinful thoughts even anger against a brother, Yes conviction should be taken note of but that doesn't always mean people will listen to it.
    oldethennew likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  20. #20
    Senior Member JIMBO43's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4,218
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: The holy spirit

    I was thinking that maybe are minds actually go through moments of darkness coz satan can do that to a person if he wins he can fill you with a hateful desire..

    And this i feel can happen to believers to. some can break through meaning me or you peter... I have experinace it.. I beat it and i have just this minute beat it to mate.

    The enemy is attacking me mate for speaking truth... we must visualize and focus on the a wider angle instaead of zoomed into my works ..

    Oops i said the works word.. haha

    i wasnt referring that i am untouchable or anything like this but i feal my heart is being purifed by beeing in fellow ship with good brothers at times i can see you in spirit.

    Its so bizar. lol
    popeye likes this.
    may the lord inspire you to post something that has come through communion..

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Holy Spirit is not a wuigee board spirit
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: November 13th, 2016, 02:58 PM
  2. Holy Spirit or evil spirit who is talking to my wife
    By kr in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: September 9th, 2016, 12:22 AM
  3. Replies: 77
    Last Post: November 7th, 2015, 04:26 PM
  4. If the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth..........
    By SaintInLight in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 15th, 2015, 09:34 PM