Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 734
Like Tree1250Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

  1. #541
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,155
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    187

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    Seems to me YOU Know more than many here on this thread !

    PERFECT ANSWER.

    Just keep going and don't stop.
    You're doing what God wants you to do.
    Obey Him, and He'll pick you up when you fall.
    No worries !!


    Fran
    I have come to the conclusion that you cannot make a post without making a dig at someone and then cry foul when it is given back to you...........what a joke!
    UnderGrace likes this.

  2. #542
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    We must be obedient to the good news.
    Doesn't make a lot of sense.
    You could explain it...I don't really need you to.

    I was asking if we're to be Obedient to GOD?
    They are the same thing aren't they?

    plus, It does not good if you obey some commands, But reject the good news, you will be lost.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  3. #543
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    From Proving Of Faith (Forerunner Commentary)

    In James 1:12, the apostle is saying that the man who overcomes trials becomes a man of sterling worth and emerges strong and pure spiritually. But what must we overcome? In Revelation, each of the letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor contains the phrase "to him who overcomes." Later, in a summary statement near the end of the book, Christ says, "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son" (Revelation 21:7). It is obvious that overcoming is a prime activity in a Christian's life.Paul says we are in a warfare against "spiritual wickedness" (Ephesians 6:12, KJV). He also writes that "the carnal mind is enmity against God" (Romans 8:7) and that "those who are in the flesh cannot please God" (verse 8). John says those who "overcome the wicked one" are strong (I John 2:14), and then he says we are not to love the world or its lusts and pride (verses 15-16).We have, therefore, three general areas in which to overcome:
    1. We must overcome Satan, his demons, and their evil influence.
    2. We must overcome this world and its ways.
    3. We must overcome our fleshly, carnal, human nature.
    The way that Christ taught to overcome is not only to avoid sin, but to do what is good and right. Paul explains this succinctly to the Christians in Rome, "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21). So we see that the crown of life is a crown of righteousness, and righteousness can be defined simply as "right doing." An overcomer is victorious over sin!

    If you trust in God, You will.

    If your doing it to save yourself. Then you will not, even if you think you are.

    For a man who deny's he teaches works, that is all that ever comes out of your mouth.. Have you reported yourself yet for teaching a works based gospel like you promised you would report (all works people)
    dcontroversal and UnderGrace like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  4. #544
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    So then,

    Please define the nature and extent of a person's obedience or lack of obedience and when they have enough to earn salvation?

    Jesus is perfect obedience if we are less than Him we fail, Yes or No?

    So we all fail Yes or No?

    So God grants eternal life even though we fail Yes or No?

    Our effort gains us eternal life Yes of No?

    That is the question you seem to avoid.


    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    Yes.


    ..............................
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  5. #545
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    I know ...so condescending towards Rosemary...that is what I read.


    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that you cannot make a post without making a dig at someone and then cry foul when it is given back to you...........what a joke!
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  6. #546
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,477
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that you cannot make a post without making a dig at someone and then cry foul when it is given back to you...........what a joke!
    I was having a very pleasant conversation with Rosemary.

    I said that she posted everything exactly as the bible states and that she is right
    and some on these threads do not know as much as she knows. I stand by that statement.

    She said she is born again and knows Jesus.
    She said she sinned last week and was aware of it.
    We sin everyday but that's OK, God forgives us.
    She said she got back up and kept going.
    She said she trusts God.
    She's saved and safe and trying to obey God.
    As He wishes.


    See. Wasn't that easy?
    And it didn't take a Whole page.
    It takes a Whole page when we want the bible to say what we want it say
    Instead of accepting what it does say.

    Jesus made everything very simple.
    We make everything very complicated.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  7. #547
    Senior Member FranC's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,477
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    I know ...so condescending towards Rosemary...that is what I read.
    Condescending toward Rosemary?

    She's one of the few people on this thread that makes any sense.

    And if THAT is what you understood, I believe I better stop speaking to you since you might be misunderstanding EVERYTHING I say...
    Stephen63 and LoveGodForever like this.
    Walk till you Run
    And don't look back
    For HERE...I AM

    U2 Unforgettable Fire

  8. #548
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    I know ...so condescending towards Rosemary...that is what I read.
    Hi UnderGrace...I am not sure what you and DCon see in FranC reply, i just thought she was agreeing with my answer about being obedient, i did not feel in anyway that she was being foul to me...xox...
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  9. #549
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,155
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    187

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    I was having a very pleasant conversation with Rosemary.

    I said that she posted everything exactly as the bible states and that she is right
    and some on these threads do not know as much as she knows. I stand by that statement.

    She said she is born again and knows Jesus.
    She said she sinned last week and was aware of it.
    We sin everyday but that's OK, God forgives us.
    She said she got back up and kept going.
    She said she trusts God.
    She's saved and safe and trying to obey God.
    As He wishes.


    See. Wasn't that easy?
    And it didn't take a Whole page.
    It takes a Whole page when we want the bible to say what we want it say
    Instead of accepting what it does say.

    Jesus made everything very simple.
    We make everything very complicated.
    Yeah right.....ad how did you start your post....making a mouthy dig.....

    Originally Posted by FranC Seems to me YOU Know more than many here on this thread !

  10. #550
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,155
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    187

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemaryx View Post
    Hi UnderGrace...I am not sure what you and DCon see in FranC reply, i just thought she was agreeing with my answer about being obedient, i did not feel in anyway that she was being foul to me...xox...
    My post was made at the mouthy dig she started with....

    Originally Posted by FranC Seems to me YOU Know more than many here on this thread !
    UnderGrace likes this.

  11. #551
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    I don't look down in unbelief, because I'm not perfect, or because I can't reach my goals like I feel I should.


    Who does? Anyone who does this is depending on self. Not God, the victory is in Jesus, not in us or our ability or lack of..
    And NOOO, I won't use "I can't live up to that" as any lame excuse to sit idle
    No one does Stephen, Thats all a made up thing you have either been falsely taught by your pastors, or conjured up in your own mind. .
    Phil 3:12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these thingsor that I have already reached perfection.

    But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.

    13No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,d

    but I focus on this one thing:
    Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,

    14I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.15Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.

    16
    But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.
    You know it is prety amazing, People like myself, DC, PennEd, undergrace, Stonesfire, Grace777, GB9, Arial and many others (I know I have missed some people forgive me if I have) has been preaching this since we first got here, Are you know just figuring this fact of the christian way of life out? Or are you still in denial that we believe and preach these very things?
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  12. #552
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemaryx View Post
    Hi FranC...Well i have to be honest as i write this to you, i do believe we have to obey God, the reason why i say this is because i fell short of His glory last week and fell into sin, knowing sin, so yes i knew i was disobeying God, if i kept obeying Him then i would not of fell...Maybe i do not know as much as others about the word yet, but yes, obeying God to me feels like a must, He is my Father, i kind of think if i disobey Him knowingly, i am hurting Him willingly, like i said i am growing in the Lord, i only know a little...xox...
    Amen, And you also showed how we do it, Seeking after the things of God, so we will not have to seek after the things of self. When we take our eyes of God, that is when we are tempted, and if we keep our eyes off to long, that is when we sin.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  13. #553
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    We have to add though that obedience is also for the benefit of others.

    Obedience is about serving others vs serving self, so yes, This is a spiritual truth, amen brother!
    dcontroversal and BillG like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  14. #554
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Yup!!!

    Used Rosemary to target others....so sad.



    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    My post was made at the mouthy dig she started with....

    Originally Posted by FranC Seems to me YOU Know more than many here on this thread !
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  15. #555
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    I was having a very pleasant conversation with Rosemary.

    I said that she posted everything exactly as the bible states and that she is right
    and some on these threads do not know as much as she knows. I stand by that statement.

    She said she is born again and knows Jesus.
    She said she sinned last week and was aware of it.
    We sin everyday but that's OK, God forgives us.
    She said she got back up and kept going.
    She said she trusts God.
    She's saved and safe and trying to obey God.
    As He wishes.


    See. Wasn't that easy?
    And it didn't take a Whole page.
    It takes a Whole page when we want the bible to say what we want it say
    Instead of accepting what it does say.

    Jesus made everything very simple.
    We make everything very complicated.

    and if something happens, And she falls (say like a death in the family, or some debilitating disease or whatever) and she stops walking,

    She will still be saved, Still be in heaven to spend eternity with us all. because God loved her the same the day he died for ALL her sin, The day he made her alive in Christ, the day he justified her, they day he gave her the spirit as a seal, and and the day she got mad at God and started to lose faith.

    He loved her at her worse, No matter how low she gets, she will never get worse than she was before she came to christ.

    This is the hope which sustains us all. this is the thing which keeps our faiht in tact, If this is not true, we have no hope. and we are all but on a lake of thin ice ready to break through and perish at any moment,

    That is not rest, thats hell on earth.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  16. #556
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    43,735
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Yeah right.....ad how did you start your post....making a mouthy dig.....

    Originally Posted by FranC Seems to me YOU Know more than many here on this thread !
    that was not a mouthy dig on rosemary, it was a compliment, It was a dig on the rest of us,,

    be careful, when you get so mad at someone, you stop starting to see what they say, and you make mistakes like this. Lets be better than they are, and repent when we fail to do so.
    dcontroversal likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  17. #557
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    I understand everything you say. No worries there. You hate what we believe and I hate what you believe. It is not personal but .... you did diss a group of people and then you used someone else to elevate your beliefs I see that as condescending.

    Does this mean I do not get the answer to my questions and I was playing so nice with you.



    Quote Originally Posted by FranC View Post
    Condescending toward Rosemary?

    She's one of the few people on this thread that makes any sense.

    And if THAT is what you understood, I believe I better stop speaking to you since you might be misunderstanding EVERYTHING I say...
    dcontroversal likes this.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  18. #558
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    My post was made at the mouthy dig she started with....

    Originally Posted by FranC Seems to me YOU Know more than many here on this thread !
    I never read it like yourself, and if she did reply to me to get peoples backs up then that is wrong, only FranC can answer that...xox...
    UnderGrace likes this.
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  19. #559
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    I guess we will never know the intention...best I do not go there although I already have. I do hate when it gets personal.


    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    that was not a mouthy dig on rosemary, it was a compliment, It was a dig on the rest of us,,

    be careful, when you get so mad at someone, you stop starting to see what they say, and you make mistakes like this. Lets be better than they are, and repent when we fail to do so.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  20. #560
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are you RIGHTEOUS?

    I agree to an extent..but it was not a clean compliment and this is where I agree with DC...but anyway, it is what it is.

    I personally am not mad or offended.


    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    that was not a mouthy dig on rosemary, it was a compliment, It was a dig on the rest of us,,

    be careful, when you get so mad at someone, you stop starting to see what they say, and you make mistakes like this. Lets be better than they are, and repent when we fail to do so.
    dcontroversal likes this.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. imputed righteousness, being righteous, counted as righteous
    By PeterJens in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 25th, 2017, 04:11 PM
  2. The righteous sin not
    By sinnomorePTL in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 29th, 2016, 04:41 PM
  3. Replies: 60
    Last Post: September 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM
  4. Why are righteous people hungry, if Bible says righteous won't beg bread?
    By 1still_waters in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 20th, 2012, 09:49 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 20th, 2012, 11:56 PM