Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 301 to 318 of 318
Like Tree363Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

  1. #301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    So, Ok Just asking here....Who anointed you God's witch hunter? And you say you don't hate anybody but you speak with such hate in you speech. Where is that coming from and who is it that you do hate so bad? And too, Why is it you ignore scripture and keep up your witch hunt even against said scriptures? You really raise a lot of questions with me. You strike me as a Paul the zealot rather than a picture of Jesus that we're all supposed to be.
    When was the last time somebody came to you and said "What is it about you? I want what you have. I want the peace you have."
    Before I answer this denadii, I want to clear something up first. You ask me about where in the Bible is nameing names. I gave a very specific passage. 2 Timothy 2:17-18, "and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are HYMENAEUS AND PHILETUS, vs18, men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, AND THUS THEY UPSET THE FAITH OF SOME." Did the Apostle Paul name names denadii, yes or no?

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Angela53510 and UnderGrace like this.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Before I answer this denadii, I want to clear something up first. You ask me about where in the Bible is nameing names. I gave a very specific passage. 2 Timothy 2:17-18, "and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are HYMENAEUS AND PHILETUS, vs18, men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, AND THUS THEY UPSET THE FAITH OF SOME." Did the Apostle Paul name names denadii, yes or no? I also answered that Bluto. Paul, speaking under the guidance of the Holy Spirit names three or four names. You are not being guided by the Holy Spirit to name anybody's name. You are in disobedience by doing so.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Bluto. I did not ask where the bible is naming names...I asked Where does the bible say its ok to name names. And I gave you scriptures that tell you how it should be done....The way you name names is in opposition to the scriptures.

  3. #303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Bluto. I did not ask where the bible is naming names...I asked Where does the bible say its ok to name names. And I gave you scriptures that tell you how it should be done....The way you name names is in opposition to the scriptures.
    Oh well denadii, that makes all the difference in the world? So tell me this, where in the Bible does it not say to name names? You see denadii, the logic of this is on my side because the Apostle Paul did name names. Not only that here is what else you said and I quoute, "If I say yo are a false teacher I will say it to your face." Now, did the Apostle Paul who named names say it to the face of Hymenaeus and Philetus? No!

    Apparently you don't realize how asinine all of this is. Here you have all of these wof people teaching things contrary to orthodox Biblical theology and your saying "it's not ok to name names?" How can you not name names when bringing up these heretical teachings? I suggest you need to take some course on "logic" because your argument is illogical and ridiculous.

    Furthemore, who gave you the authoirity to accuse me of hating people? What did I specifically say that was hateful, just give me one example? In other words, what did I say that was hateful? PS: You should also know that I don't make excuses for my beliefs.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Angela53510 and UnderGrace like this.

  4. #304
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,242
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Grace777x70 likes this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  5. #305
    sevenseas
    Guest

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    Again so true, I have experienced the same, the irony is that unbelievers can see the nonsense and

    some believers (who should know better) are the ones who are fooled.

    This whole behaviour of grave sucking and talking to the dead how can this be part of any church.

    yes

    and there are people who will call those who point out the error, heresy hunters and say we have malice and a whole bunch of other blather and nonsense

    it's not going to get better so shore up the foundations and batten the hatches

    rebuild and repair the walls and when they mock, remember that God is not mocked

    they will reap what they sow
    Angela53510 and UnderGrace like this.

  6. #306
    sevenseas
    Guest

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Sure denadii, you can ask anything you want. For many, many years I have been attending Calvary Chapel Churches which of course are not denominational. I'm a Vietnam Veteran and when I came home I met my wife who was in nursing school and we got married two weeks later. She's been an RN for as long as we have been married which will be 50 years next year. Here and I raised three daughters, and from my daughters are four grand daughters and finally 3 grandsons.

    I had to laugh and shake my head from the person that accused me of having something against women? Has everthing my life and in my life with my wife been just perfect and rosie, hell no. I've been a Christian since the age of 18 but of course it was later that I began to grow and understand. I became involved with a group know as the Navigators which have a ministry on college campuses and miltary bases throughout the world.

    I got into apologetics because I came into contact with Mormon missionary's. I heard what they had to say and I knew right away something was not right and I wanted to know more about them. It was then recommended to me to get Dr.Walter Martin's book "Kingdom of the Cults." Btw, he was the original Bible answer man and I made it my mission to get all his audio tapes and his video tapes of him debating those in the cults and when possible to attended his meetings. I forgot to say that we ended up moving to Southern California where Dr.Martin was based. I consider him my main mentor.

    I should also say Dr.Martin was one of the main persons to confront wof teachings. You should also remember that what I say about wof teachers and how I feel about them are two different things. I don't hate anybody, it's just not in me. Just read how Jesus ripped the Pharisee's at Matthew 23 and then read what He says at vs37. And one last thing as I close. Do you know what makes a good marriage? Two good forgivers.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    again Bluto and I do wish you would pay attention

    THE SITE YOU LINKED TO HAS SOMETHING AGAINST WOMEN so maybe if you do not wish to be associated with a site
    that posts things you don't agree with, you should either explain that or find a site that just bashes whoever you want to bash

    I have proof of what I said but Meyer has changed and you simply ignore the truth so quit trying to sound like you got beat up on

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Oh well denadii, that makes all the difference in the world? So tell me this, where in the Bible does it not say to name names? You see denadii, the logic of this is on my side because the Apostle Paul did name names. Not only that here is what else you said and I quoute, "If I say yo are a false teacher I will say it to your face." Now, did the Apostle Paul who named names say it to the face of Hymenaeus and Philetus? No!

    Apparently you don't realize how asinine all of this is. Here you have all of these wof people teaching things contrary to orthodox Biblical theology and your saying "it's not ok to name names?" How can you not name names when bringing up these heretical teachings? I suggest you need to take some course on "logic" because your argument is illogical and ridiculous.

    Furthemore, who gave you the authoirity to accuse me of hating people? What did I specifically say that was hateful, just give me one example? In other words, what did I say that was hateful? PS: You should also know that I don't make excuses for my beliefs.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Oh Right! Bluto there is no logic here. There is obedience or disobedience. You are in disobedience. I've told you at least three times now, that Paul was led of the Spirit to name names on that one occasion...YOU ARE NOT so led. How did Paul say it to their faces? No. He posted it to the general populace. Again He did what he did by the leading of the Holy Spirit. YOU ARE NOT so led.

    Here we have all these people teaching heresy and you are not handling it properly according to the Word! Wake up to what the Word says! You've taken one verse and built a doctrine on it. It opposes the Word. That's a false doctring you're teaching!

    Again you misunderstand. I did not say that you hate people. I said your speech is full of hate. The entire tone of your words is hateful Bluto. You don't make excuses. That's good. I don't want excuses....I would love for you to see the truth though, instead of cruel judgments

  8. #308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    again Bluto and I do wish you would pay attention

    THE SITE YOU LINKED TO HAS SOMETHING AGAINST WOMEN so maybe if you do not wish to be associated with a site
    that posts things you don't agree with, you should either explain that or find a site that just bashes whoever you want to bash

    I have proof of what I said but Meyer has changed and you simply ignore the truth so quit trying to sound like you got beat up on
    Well, to quote that great Theologian Hillary Clinton, "What difference does it make?" Since they are against women and they are "cessationist" what bearing does that have on what joyce meyer is teaching? There are hundreds of sites out there I could have quoted and I happen to choose that one. I also gave another site about joyce meyer that was written by a woman.

    Your argument is akin to saying that "bluto is a post-tribulationist and copeland is pre-tribulationist so bluto has no right to write about copelands view that Jesus Christ took on the nature of Satan. In short, your argument is apples and oranges. I also noticed heartfordavid bringing up King David and King Saul (or was it you?) Anyway no matter what King David did bad you cannot compare it to copeland's hertical teachings because bad behavior by King David does not justify more bad behavior by what copeland teaches.

    Btw, I did read meyer's statement of faith. In fact it's always the first thing I look for when I check things out. Here statement of faith is one of the best ones I have ever read. But, that does not mean the person's teachings are on the up and up. And like I said, show me in her writings where she has renounced or recanted her wof teachings. And the site I posted by the woman on joyce meyer admitted that she was a good teacher but that does not absolve her of the other teachings still in stone that may have an affect on the unlearned. Finally, quit assuming you know how I feel. I am not acting like some martyr getting beat up. Like General Mad Dog Madas said, "Did it ever occur to you that I'm making you loose sleep at night" because I'm not." Besides, I think it was you who said your "unsuscribing," not me.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  9. #309
    sevenseas
    Guest

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Well, to quote that great Theologian Hillary Clinton, "What difference does it make?" Since they are against women and they are "cessationist" what bearing does that have on what joyce meyer is teaching? There are hundreds of sites out there I could have quoted and I happen to choose that one. I also gave another site about joyce meyer that was written by a woman.

    Your argument is akin to saying that "bluto is a post-tribulationist and copeland is pre-tribulationist so bluto has no right to write about copelands view that Jesus Christ took on the nature of Satan. In short, your argument is apples and oranges. I also noticed heartfordavid bringing up King David and King Saul (or was it you?) Anyway no matter what King David did bad you cannot compare it to copeland's hertical teachings because bad behavior by King David does not justify more bad behavior by what copeland teaches.

    Btw, I did read meyer's statement of faith. In fact it's always the first thing I look for when I check things out. Here statement of faith is one of the best ones I have ever read. But, that does not mean the person's teachings are on the up and up. And like I said, show me in her writings where she has renounced or recanted her wof teachings. And the site I posted by the woman on joyce meyer admitted that she was a good teacher but that does not absolve her of the other teachings still in stone that may have an affect on the unlearned. Finally, quit assuming you know how I feel. I am not acting like some martyr getting beat up. Like General Mad Dog Madas said, "Did it ever occur to you that I'm making you loose sleep at night" because I'm not." Besides, I think it was you who said your "unsuscribing," not me.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

    I guess that is the closest you are going to get to admitting you were wrong

    you should rejoice that God has brought her out of the wof lies

    in the same line of thought as the green above, we have no idea if you live out your faith in a way that others would approve

    now if that offends you, think about what you are saying regarding Meyer. she lives her life before the whole world and is under a microscope

    could you bare such close scrunity? yes you say? so you think you live a life worthy but do not think the great I AM can get someone out of wof and get them straightened out?

    as far as Copeland goes, did you miss what I posted? It seems you have a habit of ignoring what you don't want to deal with

    you are a confused individual. I made no comparison between Copeland and David and in fact I REFUTED what heart of David wrote

  10. #310
    sevenseas
    Guest

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    I got interrupted and did not have time to edit.

    I don't think you have actually read what I wrote; your responses indicate that.

    I won't take up any more of your time


    have a nice day

  11. #311
    Senior Member sparkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Here's a good video by Benny Hinn's nephew Costi.

    He came to realize that Word of Faith is a false theology and is now a normal evangelical Christian.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDzNhHuI-k
    Find a good, Bible-believing, loving local fellowship. Realize that internet forums are NOT a substitute for real Christian fellowship. More comments in my profile.

  12. #312
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    74
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Well personally the only thing I know about the word of faith movement is that believe if you ask you will receive and if you don't then you just didn't have enough faith. I do however admire the kind of faith to simply ask and believe you have received with absolutely no doubt in your heart at all that is a kind of faith I myself do not have yet however I think the wof take this a bit far.
    If the WOF preachers would simply encourage Christians to have faith in God (as Christ did) without asking for any contributions from their listeners, they would have some credibility. That would prove that they themselves have the faith to allow God to make provision for them, since the Lord told His apostles "Freely ye have received, freely give".

    In this context we need to examine what Jesus Himself said about this matter (Mark 11:12-14; 20-26 KJV)

    12
    And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

    13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
    14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it...

    20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
    21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
    22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
    23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
    24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

    25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
    26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
    Last edited by Nehemiah6; August 12th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

  13. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    If the WOF preachers would simply encourage Christians to have faith in God (as Christ did) without asking for any contributions from their listeners, they would have some credibility. That would prove that they themselves have the faith to allow God to make provision for them, since the Lord told His apostles "Freely ye have received, freely give".

    In this context we need to examine what Jesus Himself said about this matter (Mark 11:12-14; 20-26 KJV)

    12
    And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

    13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
    14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it...

    20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
    21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
    22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
    23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
    24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

    25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
    26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
    The Crackers and cheese churches are always asking for money too. "If you're a church member you have to tithe here!" If you are a church member you have to contribute to our building fund!"

  14. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    The Crackers and cheese churches are always asking for money too. "If you're a church member you have to tithe here!" If you are a church member you have to contribute to our building fund!" All your pastor wants though is a larger paycheck. I saw a crackers and cheese church just like yours, kick a homeless family off their parking lot when they only asked for a place to park their trailer for the night. "Oh you can't stay here because you do not belong to our church." Bunch of fake Christians who do not believe the Word.
    Last edited by Denadii; August 12th, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

  15. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,219
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    bh, and his company are all sorcercers...wake-up precious ones...
    just because they say and do what you like to here and see, will never
    change what they really are...
    Angela53510 likes this.

  16. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldethennew View Post
    bh, and his company are all sorcercers...wake-up precious ones...
    just because they say and do what you like to here and see, will never
    change what they really are...
    Did you get that off of YouTube? Not a good source. I don't watch BH as you call him but again...Who authorized you or anybody else to be a judge?

  17. #317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Did you get that off of YouTube? Not a good source. I don't watch BH as you call him but again...Who authorized you or anybody else to be a judge?
    Our Lord will judge! But we got the Holy Spirit who shows us the truth. We should test the Spirit. We should compare the teachings with the scripture, for no to be deceived from a false Spirit ore false teacher. I suppose this is the duty of every Christian and special from those who leading a church.
    Angela53510 likes this.

  18. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwint View Post
    Our Lord will judge! But we got the Holy Spirit who shows us the truth. We should test the Spirit. We should compare the teachings with the scripture, for no to be deceived from a false Spirit ore false teacher. I suppose this is the duty of every Christian and special from those who leading a church.
    You suppose? Really? What does the Word say?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9th, 2016, 12:34 PM
  2. The Devilish Puppet Master of the Word-Faith Movement (Justin Peters)- Video
    By 1still_waters in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: December 18th, 2013, 02:47 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
  4. word of faith movement
    By carey in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: September 8th, 2012, 01:40 PM
  5. The Faith Movement
    By chillymill777 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 4th, 2010, 05:18 AM