Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 310
Like Tree353Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    24

    Default WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    It seems that many people are not that familar with or know what is the word of faith movement? I personally ran across it in the late 1970's but I myself was "NEVER" involved with the wof movement. In fact, I was deeply involved in "apologetics" (and still am) which dealt with the wof movement, the cults and at times the occult.

    I'm going to post the following site which will give you and idea about what they teach. AN EXAMINATION OF THE WORD-FAITH MOVEMENT

    I should also say that the wof movement began with a man named E.W. Kewyon in the late 1800's. I'm not going to get into it's history (at least not now) but it "spawned" the likes of Kenneth Hagin Sr, Kenneth Copeland and hundreds of other so called wof teachers and preachers including some prominent woman like Joyce Meyer.

    You should also know (and I'm going to head this off at the pass now) that many excuses have been brought up by wof advocates that the so-called "Heresy hunters" take what these people say and teach out of context. That is simply not true because many of us have gone to their meetings, bought and read their books, read the articles in the magazines and listened to their tapes, cd's etc. As an example Kenneth Copleand puts out a magazine called the "Believer's Voice of Victory" which started I believe in 1973.

    In his 1988 magazine Copeland made a prophecy and also stated clear as a bell that Jesus Christ never claimed to be God. Now, obviously that is a flat out lie. He also said the biggest failure in the Bible is God. I couls go on and on with these types of quotes and teachings but to what end? It's ironic that in spite of these lies people are still "duped" into following these wolves. PS: Before I forget there is another excuse that is brought up by wofer's and that is, "What's the big deal, other teachers and preachers teach error, besides were not all perfect?" The heretical teachings that come out of the mouths of these wolves have eternal consequencies because if followed you end up having a different Jesus and a different gospel. Galatians 1 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

  2. #2
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Hi bluto,

    I appreciate your heart in wanting to guide and protect others against the lies of the enemy. Some here will think the opposite, but I understand your heart because I'm the same way.

    I also believe we need to warn others of false teachings. If we really care about others, we'll speak up when others are into something that's false. Amen, eternal life is at stake; they're serving another gospel and don't know it and many just don't care.

    It's like the Israelites, they was a believing remnant so in the church, there's a believing remnant.

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  3. #3
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,969
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Well personally the only thing I know about the word of faith movement is that believe if you ask you will receive and if you don't then you just didn't have enough faith. I do however admire the kind of faith to simply ask and believe you have received with absolutely no doubt in your heart at all that is a kind of faith I myself do not have yet however I think the wof take this a bit far.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  4. #4
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    19,241
    Rep Power
    200

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Well personally the only thing I know about the word of faith movement is that believe if you ask you will receive and if you don't then you just didn't have enough faith. I do however admire the kind of faith to simply ask and believe you have received with absolutely no doubt in your heart at all that is a kind of faith I myself do not have yet however I think the wof take this a bit far.
    A well balanced and Jesus-inspired assessment.... as usual.
    Blain, BillG and Jessie_1 like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,638
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    It seems that many people are not that familar with or know what is the word of faith movement? I personally ran across it in the late 1970's but I myself was "NEVER" involved with the wof movement. In fact, I was deeply involved in "apologetics" (and still am) which dealt with the wof movement, the cults and at times the occult.

    I'm going to post the following site which will give you and idea about what they teach. AN EXAMINATION OF THE WORD-FAITH MOVEMENT

    I should also say that the wof movement began with a man named E.W. Kewyon in the late 1800's. I'm not going to get into it's history (at least not now) but it "spawned" the likes of Kenneth Hagin Sr, Kenneth Copeland and hundreds of other so called wof teachers and preachers including some prominent woman like Joyce Meyer.

    You should also know (and I'm going to head this off at the pass now) that many excuses have been brought up by wof advocates that the so-called "Heresy hunters" take what these people say and teach out of context. That is simply not true because many of us have gone to their meetings, bought and read their books, read the articles in the magazines and listened to their tapes, cd's etc. As an example Kenneth Copleand puts out a magazine called the "Believer's Voice of Victory" which started I believe in 1973.

    In his 1988 magazine Copeland made a prophecy and also stated clear as a bell that Jesus Christ never claimed to be God. Now, obviously that is a flat out lie. He also said the biggest failure in the Bible is God. I couls go on and on with these types of quotes and teachings but to what end? It's ironic that in spite of these lies people are still "duped" into following these wolves. PS: Before I forget there is another excuse that is brought up by wofer's and that is, "What's the big deal, other teachers and preachers teach error, besides were not all perfect?" The heretical teachings that come out of the mouths of these wolves have eternal consequencies because if followed you end up having a different Jesus and a different gospel. Galatians 1 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto

    The man have not the Love of GOD in him.. we should not be surprised that the world promotes heresy... A popular tv preacher is serving mammoth.... these will preach to the blind and deaf because those that hear and see know they are deceivers.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
    Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
    Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
    Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
    Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

    The last Church age that will be popular among those that claim Christ,which we see today.

    Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

    1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

    Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
    Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
    Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
    Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

    1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
    1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
    1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
    1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
    1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
    1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
    1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
    1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

    God only blesses us with our needs,and not our wants,and to help other people with their needs if possible,for God loves people.If anybody preaches the prosperity Gospel withdraw yourselves from them,and having food,and clothing,by content.

    For the love of money is the root of all evil,for it violates the 2 greatest commandments,love God,and love people,for if you love people,you love God,and the love of money neglects the poor and needy,which love of people is the fulfilling of the law.

    If everybody could be fed,and clothed,and have shelter,and that on an equal basis,nothing wavering,then wants would not matter so much,for they do not have to be equal in that area,as long as their needs are met.

    But we live in a world where there will be poor and needy people,and as long as they are out there,we have to help them with our resources if possible.

    People that like to live a lifestyle catering to their wants do not understand that God loves people,or they do not care,and they claim God is love,but some must not think that it means the world too,and Christianity has to be different from the world that is selfish,and arrogant.

  7. #7
    Senior Member pottersclay's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,551
    Rep Power
    87

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    If we receive faith from God how could it be counted against us as lack of faith? As it is written that God does not withhold any good gift for his children.
    Jesus asked do you believe I can do this? Another he asked do you want to be healed. Another place the women with the issue of blood touched the Hem of his garment. The Roman replied to Jesus just speak the word.
    Then we read in other places that because of their lack of faith the works of God were hindered. Was it a lack of faith that they could be healed? Or a lack of understanding who Jesus was and is?
    Responses from the people indicated that who he was out weighed the works that were done, but after a time had passed and Jesus ministered more and more the miracles became more and more fulfilling the scripture that "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

    Looking at the responses of ho they said he was gives us a bit of understanding of why things took place. Imo

  8. #8
    Senior Member pottersclay's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,551
    Rep Power
    87

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    If we receive faith from God how could it be counted against us as lack of faith? As it is written that God does not withhold any good gift for his children.
    Jesus asked do you believe I can do this? Another he asked do you want to be healed. Another place the women with the issue of blood touched the Hem of his garment. The Roman replied to Jesus just speak the word.
    Then we read in other places that because of their lack of faith the works of God were hindered. Was it a lack of faith that they could be healed? Or a lack of understanding who Jesus was and is?
    Responses from the people indicated that who he was out weighed the works that were done, but after a time had passed and Jesus ministered more and more the miracles became more and more fulfilling the scripture that "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

    Looking at the responses of who he said he was gives us a bit of understanding of why things took place. Imo

  9. #9
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,149
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    There is a fine line of caution that needs to be had here, because there are people who feel that they've been hurt by this movement or know someone that has. So to discount them through a straightforward answer of having faith or not having faith, can be easily taken as an offense. We know what the word of God says of faith, and we know the things that can happen as a result of having faith in God (the object of our faith). There are countless testimonies throughout history, and recorded in the Bible.

    Knowing that faith does attain its desired end, we must then consider the genuine promises of God. Search His words, see what world He has painted for you as like an artist, creating for you and Him a masterpiece. That being, His will. What does God say about your current circumstance? Whatever it is, believe. Simply know that He is with you and that light at the end of the tunnel is the Lord. He is your guiding light, He leads you in all ways. So, listen for His voice, discern what is His will, and then believe.

    Faith, at some point, ought to be easy when you know who God is. When you realize who He claims to be and believe, you can say wholeheartedly that He is exactly that. He isn't a liar, and He is faithful, hastening to do His word. Not one word of His falls to the ground. He speaks and it is so. So then, let Him speak life into your circumstances, see what His word has to say about it, and believe. Remember, He is good and remember this word.

    Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)

    6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

    May you seek and be rewarded, and may you believe this to be true of Him.
    stonesoffire, BillG, J7 and 2 others like this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    It seems that many people are not that familar with or know what is the word of faith movement? I personally ran across it in the late 1970's but I myself was "NEVER" involved with the wof movement. In fact, I was deeply involved in "apologetics" (and still am) which dealt with the wof movement, the cults and at times the occult.

    I'm going to post the following site which will give you and idea about what they teach. AN EXAMINATION OF THE WORD-FAITH MOVEMENT

    I should also say that the wof movement began with a man named E.W. Kewyon in the late 1800's. I'm not going to get into it's history (at least not now) but it "spawned" the likes of Kenneth Hagin Sr, Kenneth Copeland and hundreds of other so called wof teachers and preachers including some prominent woman like Joyce Meyer.

    You should also know (and I'm going to head this off at the pass now) that many excuses have been brought up by wof advocates that the so-called "Heresy hunters" take what these people say and teach out of context. That is simply not true because many of us have gone to their meetings, bought and read their books, read the articles in the magazines and listened to their tapes, cd's etc. As an example Kenneth Copleand puts out a magazine called the "Believer's Voice of Victory" which started I believe in 1973.

    In his 1988 magazine Copeland made a prophecy and also stated clear as a bell that Jesus Christ never claimed to be God. Now, obviously that is a flat out lie. He also said the biggest failure in the Bible is God. I couls go on and on with these types of quotes and teachings but to what end? It's ironic that in spite of these lies people are still "duped" into following these wolves. PS: Before I forget there is another excuse that is brought up by wofer's and that is, "What's the big deal, other teachers and preachers teach error, besides were not all perfect?" The heretical teachings that come out of the mouths of these wolves have eternal consequencies because if followed you end up having a different Jesus and a different gospel. Galatians 1 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

    IN GOD THE SON,
    bluto
    Based on results that I have observed only.....I would much rather be wrong and be Word of Faith than be an ordinary Christian who picks and chooses what to believe. Word of Faith. Miracles happen regularly, People are healed every single service, People are set free from the enemy every single day, every service, People are set free from every bondage imaginable regularly.

    Ordinary churches. Noting happens but by accident, and people wonder what they did right when it does.., Teens turning their backs on church because they want to find something that works, Christians working their butts off because that means they have faith. but it cancels out home life. Hardly anybody gets healed or set free from anything..etc. Christians judging one another all over the place too.

    Yes I know that there are exceptions to what I wrote above but they are not as common as one thinks or one would hope.
    Zi likes this.
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  11. #11
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Well personally the only thing I know about the word of faith movement is that believe if you ask you will receive and if you don't then you just didn't have enough faith. I do however admire the kind of faith to simply ask and believe you have received with absolutely no doubt in your heart at all that is a kind of faith I myself do not have yet however I think the wof take this a bit far.
    That sounds a lot like the Pentecostal churches. We all have enough faith for anything. We receive the measure of faith when we get born again. The key is though...FAITH WORKS BY LOVE If you will not walk in love, faith will not work. There is your works of faith...Walk in Love. Love being a verb, a to do word. Its not a gooshy feeling.
    Zi likes this.
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  12. #12
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,253
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    I don't base faith on anything other than scripture though I have read both Kenyon and Hagin when first born again. I was searching for truth.

    What I personally believe is when we know that we know what His will is for us, in situations like health, or finances, then stand. The battle will be the two opinions...hold to His promise for me personally and fight the doubts.

    It's a hard truth but scripture does say when we waver...we can't receive.

    If pills are managing something...we tend to trust in them. It could well be His mercy for us this way. Same with doctors, hospitals, and everything else medically. I believe it's His mercy.

    It's an individual walk with the Lord. And should not be point of contention but rather a help to one another.
    DustyRhodes, Denadii and Jessie_1 like this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    I don't base faith on anything other than scripture though I have read both Kenyon and Hagin when first born again. I was searching for truth.

    What I personally believe is when we know that we know what His will is for us, in situations like health, or finances, then stand. The battle will be the two opinions...hold to His promise for me personally and fight the doubts.

    It's a hard truth but scripture does say when we waver...we can't receive.

    If pills are managing something...we tend to trust in them. It could well be His mercy for us this way. Same with doctors, hospitals, and everything else medically. I believe it's His mercy.

    It's an individual walk with the Lord. And should not be point of contention but rather a help to one another.
    Right you are my friend. So here's a question for you.
    ,
    I've seen Christians on this forum and a few others, the local churches and the churches I have attended over the last forty four years, that they label other Christians as Word of Faith, Calvinist, Preterist, and so forth. What do regular churches call themselves? From my own experience in the regular churches, if I were one to label, I would call them crypts. But I won't. LOL Truly. They are family so I don't label them but what actual results do they get for their 'faith'?
    BenFTW likes this.
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  14. #14
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,149
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Right you are my friend. So here's a question for you.
    ,
    I've seen Christians on this forum and a few others, the local churches and the churches I have attended over the last forty four years, that they label other Christians as Word of Faith, Calvinist, Preterist, and so forth. What do regular churches call themselves? From my own experience in the regular churches, if I were one to label, I would call them crypts. But I won't. LOL Truly. They are family so I don't label them but what actual results do they get for their 'faith'?
    Oh you're having too much fun. lol :P

  15. #15
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    90

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenFTW View Post
    There is a fine line of caution that needs to be had here, because there are people who feel that they've been hurt by this movement or know someone that has. So to discount them through a straightforward answer of having faith or not having faith, can be easily taken as an offense. We know what the word of God says of faith, and we know the things that can happen as a result of having faith in God (the object of our faith). There are countless testimonies throughout history, and recorded in the Bible.

    Knowing that faith does attain its desired end, we must then consider the genuine promises of God. Search His words, see what world He has painted for you as like an artist, creating for you and Him a masterpiece. That being, His will. What does God say about your current circumstance? Whatever it is, believe. Simply know that He is with you and that light at the end of the tunnel is the Lord. He is your guiding light, He leads you in all ways. So, listen for His voice, discern what is His will, and then believe.

    Faith, at some point, ought to be easy when you know who God is. When you realize who He claims to be and believe, you can say wholeheartedly that He is exactly that. He isn't a liar, and He is faithful, hastening to do His word. Not one word of His falls to the ground. He speaks and it is so. So then, let Him speak life into your circumstances, see what His word has to say about it, and believe. Remember, He is good and remember this word.

    Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)

    6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

    May you seek and be rewarded, and may you believe this to be true of Him.
    I applaud your post.
    BenFTW and J7 like this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenFTW View Post
    Oh you're having too much fun. lol :P
    LOL Is there really such a thing as having too much fun?
    BenFTW likes this.
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  17. #17
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,253
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Right you are my friend. So here's a question for you.
    ,
    I've seen Christians on this forum and a few others, the local churches and the churches I have attended over the last forty four years, that they label other Christians as Word of Faith, Calvinist, Preterist, and so forth. What do regular churches call themselves? From my own experience in the regular churches, if I were one to label, I would call them crypts. But I won't. LOL Truly. They are family so I don't label them but what actual results do they get for their 'faith'?
    Saved. That's a given. Our spirit man is saved. And none of us will be without rewards according to the faith that we have, will we?

    We are Spirit...we have a soul which right now we are waging a war on several threads about works. And I think it's more works of the soul than of the Spirit that is being addressed.
    And we live in a body. Here is the problem. It takes time "sometimes" for our faith to stretch to the ending of it according to the body.
    I was a nurse and even though I was a Christian, and attended a Word church, I had much pride in doctors and medicine. I had a patient who had bowel cancer who believed in healing. She fought a fight but in the end, died. I was with her in her fight and so was others who believed with her. I know she entered heaven victoriously. In the end, she looked at how her family was under the weight of her illness, and gave up. So what would you say was her reward?

    God is love...Light...and so merciful. Whether we win or lose...we are His.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  18. #18
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,253
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Also...crypts seems to fit.

    I say body of Christ who is all inclusive of who He knows is His.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Saved. That's a given. Our spirit man is saved. And none of us will be without rewards according to the faith that we have, will we?

    We are Spirit...we have a soul which right now we are waging a war on several threads about works. And I think it's more works of the soul than of the Spirit that is being addressed.
    And we live in a body. Here is the problem. It takes time "sometimes" for our faith to stretch to the ending of it according to the body.
    I was a nurse and even though I was a Christian, and attended a Word church, I had much pride in doctors and medicine. I had a patient who had bowel cancer who believed in healing. She fought a fight but in the end, died. I was with her in her fight and so was others who believed with her. I know she entered heaven victoriously. In the end, she looked at how her family was under the weight of her illness, and gave up. So what would you say was her reward?

    God is love...Light...and so merciful. Whether we win or lose...we are His.
    I do not know why she died. Her reward is between her and God, so I cannot answer that either. Its sad when someone dies...In every war there are casualties so I will not judge one whom you say was a warrior to the end.

    I agree too that we have to grow in our faith. Starting small and growing stronger as we go.
    stonesoffire likes this.
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  20. #20
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,149
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: WHAT DOES THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT TEACH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Well personally the only thing I know about the word of faith movement is that believe if you ask you will receive and if you don't then you just didn't have enough faith. I do however admire the kind of faith to simply ask and believe you have received with absolutely no doubt in your heart at all that is a kind of faith I myself do not have yet however I think the wof take this a bit far.
    It is, after all, a biblical approach.

    Mark 11:24 King James Version (KJV)

    24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.


Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9th, 2016, 12:34 PM
  2. The Devilish Puppet Master of the Word-Faith Movement (Justin Peters)- Video
    By 1still_waters in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: December 18th, 2013, 02:47 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
  4. word of faith movement
    By carey in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: September 8th, 2012, 01:40 PM
  5. The Faith Movement
    By chillymill777 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: January 4th, 2010, 05:18 AM