Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Zen
  • 1 Post By Zen
  • 3 Post By breno785au
  • 1 Post By pottersclay
  • 1 Post By Stephen63
  • 2 Post By followjesus
  • 2 Post By BeyondET
  • 1 Post By Zen
  • 1 Post By followjesus

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Learning from Jesus

  1. #1
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,401
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Learning from Jesus

    Matthew 6:25-34 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

    Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

    Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

    Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

    Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"


    God Knows, and He cares, He is well able to provide His children thier needs through the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, we learn that God is OUR Heavenly Father through Faith in His Son Jesus Christ. consider How prayers changed and Jesus instructs His disciples to call God thier own Heavenly Father. This was a radically new thing that Jesus Was teaching this thing we call the Gospel.

    To pray to God as Our own Loving Father is Just One of many differences, and you really understand the purpose when you grasp what has been done for us. How much faith it inspires to accept the words of God that clearly tell us He Is with us By His spirit, God who is spirit, with us. The One we praise and understand He can do all things......and He is with us, by His own will.

    it was Gods Choice, to put His Son to death, that He could come and Live with us by sending the spirit to us through Jesus the Christ. a believer should believe that God is present, because He truly is.it changes Lives to realize this truth that is accomplished by the Gospel.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    It was not God (the Father's) choice decision to put Jesus to death!
    It was Jesus' choice and decision to do this.
    But since you do not accept Jesus as eternally divine the significance of this will pass you by as all Biblical truth tends to...

  3. #3


    Zen
    Zen is offline
    Senior Member Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    718
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by graceNpeace View Post
    It was not God (the Father's) choice decision to put Jesus to death!
    It was Jesus' choice and decision to do this.
    But since you do not accept Jesus as eternally divine the significance of this will pass you by as all Biblical truth tends to...
    Genesis 22:
    7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
    8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
    followjesus likes this.
    (✿◠‿◠) Click here to learn about your authority (◡‿◡✿)

     ∧_∧
     ( ´・ω・)
     ( つ旦O  ∫
     と_)_) 旦

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Genesis 22:
    7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
    8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
    Wrong story...

  5. #5


    Zen
    Zen is offline
    Senior Member Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    718
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by graceNpeace View Post
    Wrong story...
    No it's not. Lord Jesus is the lamb of God.
    followjesus likes this.
    (✿◠‿◠) Click here to learn about your authority (◡‿◡✿)

     ∧_∧
     ( ´・ω・)
     ( つ旦O  ∫
     と_)_) 旦

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    No it's not. Lord Jesus is the lamb of God.
    In the story of Abraham and Isaac that lamb did not have a choice in what happened to it.
    Jesus, on the other hand did!
    The whole point of Him fulfilling the demands of the New Covenant required obedience, and that unto death - and that requires choice!

    That lamb in Genesis chap 22, and all animal sacrifices, could not give forgiveness and righteousness before God. otherwise they would not need to be repeated!
    In other words they were just a faint echo of the real thing...

  7. #7
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,805
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by graceNpeace View Post
    It was not God (the Father's) choice decision to put Jesus to death!
    It was Jesus' choice and decision to do this.
    But since you do not accept Jesus as eternally divine the significance of this will pass you by as all Biblical truth tends to...
    Would you say His and the Father's will are one?
    And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."
    Matthew 26:39 ESV

    Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.
    Hebrews 5:8 ESV

    He was perfectly obedient to our Father's will.
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by breno785au View Post
    Would you say His and the Father's will are one?
    And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."
    Matthew 26:39 ESV

    Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.
    Hebrews 5:8 ESV

    He was perfectly obedient to our Father's will.
    Yes, He was, but it was still a choice - and a really difficult one - that He made.
    And the fact that you chose to quote a passage from Jesus time in the garden of Gethsemane shows me that YOU understand that!

  9. #9
    Senior Member pottersclay's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    The required sacrifice had to be willing.
    graceNpeace likes this.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    OK...... thread started & derailed in under 10 posts. Is that a record?

    He who acts wickedly is wicked, you can be sure of that.

    Said this in advance, for they will come.
    followjesus likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    The required sacrifice had to be willing.
    Absolutely!

  12. #12
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,401
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    The required sacrifice had to be willing.

    all sacrifice has to be willing or it is not sacrifice. it doesnt change the fact that Gods Will was to crush Jesus for our iniquities and punish Jesus for our sins, nor does it change the fact that Jesus had to follow Gods Will by laying down His Own....EXACTLY as we are called to do.

    isaiah 53:4-10 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    6
    All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
    8
    He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.


    9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
    10
    Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.


    One of the reasons Jesus was sent was to take Our sin upon Himself and bear our punishment required by the Law of moses, which is death for sin. or to be the Promised " Lamb of God" Gods will to crush Jesus for Our sins is a foundation of salvation and why Jesus was exalted as He was, was the fact that though His human nature didnt want to suffer and die, He did it willingly knowing it was the will of God.



  13. #13
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,401
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    OK...... thread started & derailed in under 10 posts. Is that a record?

    He who acts wickedly is wicked, you can be sure of that.

    Said this in advance, for they will come.
    Never seen a thread actually stay on course here lol . just gotta say what you gotta say and then look for discussion with those who discuss. God bless bro
    Stephen63 and Seekingfamily like this.

  14. #14
    BeyondET
    Guest

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by graceNpeace View Post
    Yes, He was, but it was still a choice - and a really difficult one - that He made.
    And the fact that you chose to quote a passage from Jesus time in the garden of Gethsemane shows me that YOU understand that!
    It was also God's choice to send Jesus His only Son not to live a comfortable life to a ripe old age,, God knew fully well what was going to happened yet God did it any ways,,, IMO it was a mutual choice.
    followjesus and Seekingfamily like this.

  15. #15


    Zen
    Zen is offline
    Senior Member Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    718
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    OK...... thread started & derailed in under 10 posts. Is that a record?

    He who acts wickedly is wicked, you can be sure of that.

    Said this in advance, for they will come.
    Can you quote the posts that derailed the thread?
    BeyondET likes this.
    (✿◠‿◠) Click here to learn about your authority (◡‿◡✿)

     ∧_∧
     ( ´・ω・)
     ( つ旦O  ∫
     と_)_) 旦

  16. #16
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,401
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Learning from Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondET View Post
    It was also God's choice to send Jesus His only Son not to live a comfortable life to a ripe old age,, God knew fully well what was going to happened yet God did it any ways,,, IMO it was a mutual choice.

    Jesus death is actually the only possible way man could be redeemed from the condemnation of the first coveanant. its result is a death sentance for all israel, and even the gentiles are given judgements in the prophets every Human ever born, dies. because we all owe sin our life from birth. Jesus pays that price personally for each of us. thats why He had to die, not because He sinned, but because He did no sin and still was put to death for mine, and yours, and each believers sins. Jesus had no sin, so death had no right to hold Him, had a sinner died, death now owns them. what we owed to death is paid in full by Jesus death, His death by faith is Our death. so we are square with the law of condemnation, and have no debt to death. Were offered a new spirit, new Heart and life in that freedom. the choice of everlasting Life all because of the glory of what God has done for us through Jesus
    beta likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. why omit the truth? learning Love for Jesus sake
    By followjesus in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: September 11th, 2016, 11:39 PM
  2. What I'm learning
    By JFSurvivor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: December 7th, 2015, 02:46 AM
  3. Learning
    By womanofchrist27 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2014, 11:24 PM
  4. learning
    By enna in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 11th, 2012, 02:29 AM
  5. Learning to know him
    By LawofLove in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM