Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
Like Tree56Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Computers suck!

  1. #21
    Member Harkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Computers suck!

    People have gone from actually studying the Word to Googleing the Word then cutting and pasting it. Makes them look really knowledgeable but they actually learn very little this way. That's why so many here don't believe the majority of the bible. They don't know what it says. And they do it all intellectually to win their point. Because of this there is little love involved in this site. Only a mediocre show of it. Though to be honest, there are some real Christians in this forum.

    Its all because of this tech shortcut called computers.
    Cutting and pasting a passage from the bible does not mean one has not studied the passage in question.

    Cutting and pasting a passage from the bible doesn't make one bit of difference to why someone may or may not believe all of it.

    I wouldn't assume anyone who cut and pasted a bible passage doesn't know what it says.

    What does cutting and pasting the bible have to do with love and love "on this site"?

    Just. Wow. baa62187d5e63fe3f7b1566b75b47392--mondays-funny-kitties.jpg
    BeyondET likes this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member BeyondET's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2016
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,933
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by graceNpeace View Post
    This is the same argument I heard about using electric guitars in church....
    That argument never held up and neither does this one!

    Computers have nothing to do with the real issue do they...
    It is the beholder of what they found rather from the Internet or a written bible, before the Internet people still didnt understand what they where reading, that has gone back hundreds of years if not thousands. lol

  3. #23
    Senior Member Stephen63's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,023
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    It's not the computer's fault, it's people's attitudes & not being saved.

    A christian with a superior attitude will abuse a website to make themselves look good.

    A christianeze sinner will search for what agrees with them, & not the truth.

    A sockpuppet will search for what their employer tells them to.

    It's all fraud on the part of the person, not the computer.

  4. #24
    Senior Member resurrection33's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,257
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Computers suck!

    People have gone from actually studying the Word to Googleing the Word then cutting and pasting it. Makes them look really knowledgeable but they actually learn very little this way. That's why so many here don't believe the majority of the bible. They don't know what it says. And they do it all intellectually to win their point. Because of this there is little love involved in this site. Only a mediocre show of it. Though to be honest, there are some real Christians in this forum.

    Its all because of this tech shortcut called computers.
    I think you’re raised three issues here.

    First, I agree entirely about reading the Bible. Everybody should read the Bible – all of it. It’s only about a thousand pages, the length of two relatively long novels.

    But what’s wrong with copying and pasting? It is good to quote scripture, but who wants to type it in, and why should they, when they can copy and paste?

    As for love on this website, yes, there could be more love, in my opinion.
    _________________
    __________________________

    Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

  5. #25
    Senior Member NotmebutHim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    817
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. It is hard to stare at walls and walls of bible passages and try make any sense out of what that has to do with the point that was raised.
    I see what you did there

  6. #26
    Senior Member Stephen63's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,023
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. It is hard to stare at walls and walls of bible passages and try make any sense out of what that has to do with the point that was raised.
    Haa haa, nailed it!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    19,181
    Rep Power
    200

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Also, it is kind of pointless to paste a bunch of Scripture to try and show how YOU are understanding it, if that is all you post concerning the thought.
    They remain the exact same words we all have in OUR OWN Bibles, and don't say a thing about why you may read it differently than we do.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Stephen63's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,023
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Also, it is kind of pointless to paste a bunch of Scripture to try and show how YOU are understanding it, if that is all you post concerning the thought.
    They remain the exact same words we all have in OUR OWN Bibles, and don't say a thing about why you may read it differently than we do.
    I agree. (Don't keel over, lol!)

    IMO it's much better to find only a few scriptures that PLAINLY state the truth, so I don't have to.

    Others may speak against it, but there it is, & God won't let His Word return void!
    tourist likes this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Jimbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,375
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Computers suck!

    People have gone from actually studying the Word to Googleing the Word then cutting and pasting it. Makes them look really knowledgeable but they actually learn very little this way. That's why so many here don't believe the majority of the bible. They don't know what it says. And they do it all intellectually to win their point. Because of this there is little love involved in this site. Only a mediocre show of it. Though to be honest, there are some real Christians in this forum.

    Its all because of this tech shortcut called computers.
    I understand your point, but it is not all bad. Now at the push of a button we can look up any verse in any translation in seconds, fact check anything, and get information that would have taken months not too long ago, if you could even get access to it. I think you hate how some people are and it might help you to google how Jesus tells us to deal with these kinds of things because I don't think "hating" works. (I know you didn't say you hated any people, I was just making a point) I'm just saying I am very grateful to live in this age we have so much information at the click of a mouse away.
    wwjd_kilden likes this.
    Mat 5:30

    "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."


    I find this to be very true because, God used me losing all function in my right arm after a motorcycle wreak to lead me to Himself, Truth, and Salvation.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    19,181
    Rep Power
    200

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen63 View Post
    I agree. (Don't keel over, lol!)

    IMO it's much better to find only a few scriptures that PLAINLY state the truth, so I don't have to.

    Others may speak against it, but there it is, & God won't let His Word return void!
    I have long believed that we don't really know what just about ANY Scripture truly means if we cannot read it and take it into our brains.... THEN turn around and speak it back out in today's language (jargon) so that anyone listening to us, who has never even SEEN a Bible, can fully understand how what we are saying applies to the lives they live this very day in 2017.

    Frankly, the blowhardness of quoting Scripture (and saying nothing else) is an indication to me that the poster really may have no idea what they are quoting.
    tourist and Corbinscam like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Corbinscam's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2016
    Age
    16
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    I disagree. A person can skim read a paper bible or a digital. They can type or copy/paste and accomplish the exact same thing.

    I use my phone and a kindle for almost all my bible reading. I find it easy and more profitable because I don't have to cart around a 40 pound KJV, a strongs, some commentary, etc to really study. In the end you get out what you put in. If you don't want to really work you won't get much out of it. If you're willing to really study you will...no matter what device or book you're holding.
    Jimbone and Willie-T like this.
    “To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul’s paradox of love.”
    A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

  12. #32
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    35,453
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    "Computers suck" ?
    Then why are you using one?
    Willie-T and Corbinscam like this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondET View Post
    It is the beholder of what they found rather from the Internet or a written bible, before the Internet people still didnt understand what they where reading, that has gone back hundreds of years if not thousands. lol
    Electric guitars only amplify the sound though. Not a problem.
    BeyondET likes this.
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  14. #34


    Zen
    Zen is online now
    Senior Member Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    587
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    They don't know what it says. And they do it all intellectually to win their point
    I'd say it's the people who don't post scripture who do that. They have to have the last word and undermine people and shake their faith, use insults and put others down.
    (✿◠‿◠) Click here to learn about your authority (◡‿◡✿)

     ∧_∧
     ( ´・ω・)
     ( つ旦O  ∫
     と_)_) 旦

  15. #35
    Senior Member BeyondET's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2016
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,933
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Electric guitars only amplify the sound though. Not a problem.
    Exactly, some may not like the added fuzz box to the amplified sound or even the guitar amplified by electricity and prefer the acoustic style. In the same way the computer can generate an electric bible per say, lol
    wwjd_kilden likes this.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Locutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2017
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,098
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    I reversed the fan on mine - now it blows...
    wwjd_kilden, posthuman and Denadii like this.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Say! Would you know if there is a way to move a book from my computer onto my phone?
    Easy. Connect phone to computer, usually via USB (but bluetooth is an option) locate book file on computer, copy to phone.

    The question is, does your phone have a program that will open the file? If not, a quick google can probably find one.

    But... wouldn't doing that make it easier to get dumber? Or does that effect only pertain to the Bible on electronic storage?
    wwjd_kilden, Willie-T and Denadii like this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  18. #38
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,573
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    239

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    I reversed the fan on mine - now it blows...
    That sucks.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Easy. Connect phone to computer, usually via USB (but bluetooth is an option) locate book file on computer, copy to phone.

    The question is, does your phone have a program that will open the file? If not, a quick google can probably find one.

    But... wouldn't doing that make it easier to get dumber? Or does that effect only pertain to the Bible on electronic storage?
    LOL Not at all...A book is for reading...It's not an audio book. "The Shinar Directive"
    The quickest way to become brain dead is to take offense.”

  20. #40
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Computers suck!

    Wait you started this thread in reference to audio versions of the Bible? This changes everything! I thought you were talking about Bible programs where you could find references without reading context and Google which turns up the verse you are looking for.

    Upside is my Esword is off the hook. Downside is my CD player is now on trial...
    wwjd_kilden likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. adults suck
    By Levichevett in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
  2. Are you a suck up?
    By JesusChica1991 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2014, 04:22 PM
  3. i suck at being a christian...bye
    By become_the_generation in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: August 29th, 2012, 05:32 PM
  4. Without Jesus, We Suck!
    By hislastwalk in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM