Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 246
Like Tree380Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

  1. #221
    Senior Member Grace777x70's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,032
    Rep Power
    239

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Paul told Timothy to rebuke those that are under his spiritual authority in the local church assembly he was in as a leader.

    Without reading scriptures with the view of - who is being spoken to and what is the setting it is being said at the time - then we will not understand what is being said or we will mis-apply that scripture.

    This doesn't mean that every Tom, Dick and Jane on the internet can rebuke those that are not under their leadership. They can use this as a "cloak" for attacking personally those that have a different view on some non-essentials than what they do.

    1 Timothy 5:19-20 (KJV)
    19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

    20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

    2 Timothy 4:2 (KJV)
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

    Paul also said the same thing to Titus. - an individual that was in leadership in the local assembly of believers. Titus 1:13 & 2:15
    UnderGrace and joaniemarie like this.
    The new man in Christ - the new creation that is created in righteousness and

    holiness hears the heart voice of the Spirit and not an old head noise of the letter

    of the word. The Pharisees knew "bible knowledge" but they did not

    know God's heart and so they erred in really understanding what the

    scriptures were saying.


    The Lord wants us to look through His eyes and to live from His heart towards

    people, towards Him and towards ourselves as well.

  2. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,107
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Whats the difference between claiming a teaching is false and simply ignoring it? One is an honest disobedience, and the other makes a good excuse for disobedience.
    The scripture is the messuare. If somebody claimes something what is not written, ore against what is written then it is false. Must we have a Dr. for to understand the bible ore the Holy Spirit? I would say the last one. Many with a Dr. do not understand what is written in the bible.

  3. #223
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwint View Post
    The scripture is the messuare. If somebody claimes something what is not written, ore against what is written then it is false. Must we have a Dr. for to understand the bible ore the Holy Spirit? I would say the last one. Many with a Dr. do not understand what is written in the bible.
    Need a definition...messuare? Ok Lets talk about WoFers.....What do they claim, that is not written?

  4. #224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,107
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Need a definition...messuare? Ok Lets talk about WoFers.....What do they claim, that is not written?
    Ok scale is a better word. I am not special behind WoFers. I was just giving reply on the Post of Joaniemarie, where she postet a devotion from J Prince. And He claimed that Job was open for the Satan because of his own sin. But bible says clear that not this was the reason, but God allowed Satan to do so. So Prince claimed something what is against that what is written. This is false teaching.

  5. #225
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwint View Post
    Ok scale is a better word. I am not special behind WoFers. I was just giving reply on the Post of Joaniemarie, where she postet a devotion from J Prince. And He claimed that Job was open for the Satan because of his own sin. But bible says clear that not this was the reason, but God allowed Satan to do so. So Prince claimed something what is against that what is written. This is false teaching.
    Jobs sin did open him up to attack from Satan...Just as your sin opens you up to attack from Satan. Why do you have a problem with that? Jobs sin removed the hedge from around Job. Well to be more accurate. It moved Job out from the protection of said hedge.

  6. #226
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Jobs sin did open him up to attack from Satan...Just as your sin opens you up to attack from Satan. Why do you have a problem with that? Jobs sin removed the hedge from around Job. Well to be more accurate. It moved Job out from the protection of said hedge.
    Where does this alleged event happen in Scripture? Book, chapter and verse. Thanks.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  7. #227
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Where does this alleged event happen in Scripture? Book, chapter and verse. Thanks.
    Why are you so lazy? Why not read the scripture verse and chapter there. Why do you keep making people repeat themselves? Well, I'm too nice a guy to say why. Look here to start.
    Job 3:24-25 (CJB)

    24 (25) for the thing I feared has overwhelmed me,
    what I dreaded has happened to me.
    25 (26) I have no peace, no quiet, no rest;
    and anguish keeps coming.”

    Job lived in fear. Fear is not faith. If its not faith, its sin. Check it.

    Job feared for his sons. He did not trust God to take care of them. Fear...Sin


    Job 1:5 (CJB)

    5 After a cycle of banquets, Iyov would send for them to come and be consecrated; then he would get up early in the morning and offer burnt offerings for each of them, because Iyov said, “My sons might have sinned and blasphemed God in their thoughts.” This is what Iyov did every time.

    Now YOU take it from there. Job sinned and that removed him from the hedge of protection.

  8. #228
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Why are you so lazy? Why not read the scripture verse and chapter there. Why do you keep making people repeat themselves? Well, I'm too nice a guy to say why. Look here to start.
    Job 3:24-25 (CJB)

    24 (25) for the thing I feared has overwhelmed me,
    what I dreaded has happened to me.
    25 (26) I have no peace, no quiet, no rest;
    and anguish keeps coming.”

    Job lived in fear. Fear is not faith. If its not faith, its sin. Check it.

    Job feared for his sons. He did not trust God to take care of them. Fear...Sin


    Job 1:5 (CJB)

    5 After a cycle of banquets, Iyov would send for them to come and be consecrated; then he would get up early in the morning and offer burnt offerings for each of them, because Iyov said, “My sons might have sinned and blasphemed God in their thoughts.” This is what Iyov did every time.

    Now YOU take it from there. Job sinned and that removed him from the hedge of protection.
    LOL!!!!! Yes, I already knew the go to verse of the charismatic types. Fear is not always a sin, and his fear had nothing to do with removing the hedge. Go, in context of chapters 1-2 and show us, in context, your alleged scenario. God said nothing of the sort concerning Job. Fear for our families adherence and knowledge of God is biblical and not sinful. This all shows your false notion of faith.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  9. #229
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    LOL!!!!! Yes, I already knew the go to verse of the charismatic types. Fear is not always a sin, and his fear had nothing to do with removing the hedge. Go, in context of chapters 1-2 and show us, in context, your alleged scenario. God said nothing of the sort concerning Job. Fear for our families adherence and knowledge of God is biblical and not sinful. This all shows your false notion of faith.
    When God says to 'Fear NOT' Then fear is always a sin. You know nothing. Fear is not faith. Its as simple as that. and fear is sin. Black or white No such thing as grey.

  10. #230
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    When God says to 'Fear NOT' Then fear is always a sin. You know nothing. Fear is not faith. Its as simple as that. and fear is sin. Black or white No such thing as grey.
    You'll possibly never understand how very wrong you are. Most of your falsities center around your false unbiblical notion of faith.

    That, and your posts are so laden with disdain for many others it's saddening.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  11. #231
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    You'll possibly never understand how very wrong you are. Most of your falsities center around your false unbiblical notion of faith.

    That, and your posts are so laden with disdain for many others it's saddening.
    So then....you have no answer. Ok. You could have simply said that, but I accept your admission. Its nice to see someone admit their error.

  12. #232
    Senior Member SovereignGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,543
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    LOL!!!!! Yes, I already knew the go to verse of the charismatic types. Fear is not always a sin, and his fear had nothing to do with removing the hedge. Go, in context of chapters 1-2 and show us, in context, your alleged scenario. God said nothing of the sort concerning Job. Fear for our families adherence and knowledge of God is biblical and not sinful. This all shows your false notion of faith.
    The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.[Ecc. 12:13]

    I guess this is a sin?
    I have given God countless reasons not to love me. None of them has been strong enough to change Him.
    Paul Washer

    Instead of telling them God has a wonderful plan for their life - tell them who God is.
    Paul Washer

    God saved you for Himself; God saved you by Himself; God saved you from Himself
    .
    Paul Washer

  13. #233
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignGrace View Post
    The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.[Ecc. 12:13]

    I guess this is a sin?
    The fear of God is "reverential respect" Not the fear you love to love. Look at Psalm 34 Learn what the fear of the Lord is.

    (11) Come, children, listen to me;
    I will teach you the fear of Adonai.
    13 (12) Which of you takes pleasure in living?
    Who wants a long life to see good things?
    14 (13) [If you do,] keep your tongue from evil
    and your lips from deceiving talk;
    15 (14) turn from evil, and do good;
    seek peace, go after it!

    Reverential respect.
    Last edited by Denadii; 1 Week Ago at 02:30 PM.
    UnderGrace likes this.

  14. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,107
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Jobs sin did open him up to attack from Satan...Just as your sin opens you up to attack from Satan. Why do you have a problem with that? Jobs sin removed the hedge from around Job. Well to be more accurate. It moved Job out from the protection of said hedge.
    Because it is not written! Why you believe more man, then God's word?
    Angela53510 and trofimus like this.

  15. #235
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    The fear of God is "reverential respect" Not the fear you love to love. Look at Psalm 34 Learn what the fear of the Lord is.

    (11) Come, children, listen to me;
    I will teach you the fear of Adonai.
    13 (12) Which of you takes pleasure in living?
    Who wants a long life to see good things?
    14 (13) [If you do,] keep your tongue from evil
    and your lips from deceiving talk;
    15 (14) turn from evil, and do good;
    seek peace, go after it!

    Reverential respect.
    Actually it's much more than mere reverential respect. Sometimes it is utter terror.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  16. #236
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    So then....you have no answer. Ok. You could have simply said that, but I accept your admission. Its nice to see someone admit their error.
    Denadii,

    Sometimes things are not so simple. Most of the time you come back with a hacked off attitude and answer, and show yourself not to be a reasonable person.

    The answer to the question isn't as cut and dried as you desire it to be. You're not much of a critical thinker, unless, honestly it is to be critical of others person.

    I'd certainly like to discuss it with you, but there is no listening to reason with you whatsoever. Just being honest, and not belittling, but your level of thought on issues doesn't allow you to think critically, or deeply about any subject.

    You should listen to some men of God who can broaden your understanding, but I feel even mentioning this will be received with ridicule.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  17. #237
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwint View Post
    Because it is not written! Why you believe more man, then God's word?
    Why do you not believe Gods Word? He did tell you the results of sin.

  18. #238
    Senior Member Denadii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,235
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Denadii,

    Sometimes things are not so simple. Most of the time you come back with a hacked off attitude and answer, and show yourself not to be a reasonable person.

    The answer to the question isn't as cut and dried as you desire it to be. You're not much of a critical thinker, unless, honestly it is to be critical of others person.

    I'd certainly like to discuss it with you, but there is no listening to reason with you whatsoever. Just being honest, and not belittling, but your level of thought on issues doesn't allow you to think critically, or deeply about any subject.

    You should listen to some men of God who can broaden your understanding, but I feel even mentioning this will be received with ridicule.
    I did not once tell you or anybody that I am a nice person. I did tell people in my profile that I speak direct. I speak it the way it is. And if you don't like it, that its your problem, not mine. So why are you surprised that I'm not a nice guy? If you want nice guy, stick with your little church that believes nothing but getting saved..Everything else is either past, or for a time when its of no use.

    You Crackers and Cheese Christians, Oh wait. You call yourselves Evangelicals. Such a fine word...Such a fine base for criticizing every other denomination out there. So holy and self righteous. Hypocrites.

    You would like to discuss with me? Really? If I disagree with you I'm unreasonable remember? If I disagree with you guys I'm a heretic, a blasphemer...you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
    You people talk about how Woofers gather money for themselves and to hell with the poor....Thats what I saw the Evangelical crackers and cheese Christians doing. Judging the poor in their own assemblies as third rate citizens, kicking the poor out of their churches because they mar the image of their churches. Hypocrites. The most untrustworthy people I ever met were these so called Evangelicals...Yet the only ones I ever heard judging other denominations were these people. People who call three quarters of the bible, twisted scriptures when said scriptures are quoted.
    So as far as I'm concerned you can stop patting yourself on the back and you can learn the Word and get saved. You and the rest of your pack of predators.
    Now if you don't mind....I'll get back to being not nice.

  19. #239
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    I did not once tell you or anybody that I am a nice person. I did tell people in my profile that I speak direct. I speak it the way it is. And if you don't like it, that its your problem, not mine. So why are you surprised that I'm not a nice guy? If you want nice guy, stick with your little church that believes nothing but getting saved..Everything else is either past, or for a time when its of no use.

    You Crackers and Cheese Christians, Oh wait. You call yourselves Evangelicals. Such a fine word...Such a fine base for criticizing every other denomination out there. So holy and self righteous. Hypocrites.

    You would like to discuss with me? Really? If I disagree with you I'm unreasonable remember? If I disagree with you guys I'm a heretic, a blasphemer...you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
    You people talk about how Woofers gather money for themselves and to hell with the poor....Thats what I saw the Evangelical crackers and cheese Christians doing. Judging the poor in their own assemblies as third rate citizens, kicking the poor out of their churches because they mar the image of their churches. Hypocrites. The most untrustworthy people I ever met were these so called Evangelicals...Yet the only ones I ever heard judging other denominations were these people. People who call three quarters of the bible, twisted scriptures when said scriptures are quoted.
    So as far as I'm concerned you can stop patting yourself on the back and you can learn the Word and get saved. You and the rest of your pack of predators.
    Now if you don't mind....I'll get back to being not nice.
    You don't need to worry if you're nice or not. There are far greater more solemn concerns. If the above is what Christ has done in you, and has transformed you into there is great concern.

    For the record, I wouldn't blame that on Him.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  20. #240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,107
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Why do you not believe Gods Word? He did tell you the results of sin.
    Because it do believe the word of God, I do not believe your view about Job. You may believe it, but do not sell it as scriptural truth.
    Angela53510 likes this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How Do You Use Your Tongue
    By joyfullyhis in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 5th, 2017, 08:12 AM
  2. The Power of the Tongue
    By Silverwings in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 1st, 2017, 12:17 AM
  3. The power of the tongue.
    By biggiestomp in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: October 1st, 2013, 05:08 PM
  4. my tongue...
    By charm1110 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM