Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 246
Like Tree380Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    A premature response above. You've just looked it up and are all in based on a cursory and erroneous definition. Interesting and quite gullible of you.



    No, it's not a correct definition and therefore doesn't give the true sense of antinomianism. The true sense can be seen in Matthew 7:23 and has nothing to do with following the law of Moses as much as it has to do with license to sin/practicing sin.
    I see, This is kind of like using the word "orthodoxy" while many of the protestant churches do not even acknowledge the orthodox church and the 7 ecumenical council as being orthodox. (That is the definition of orthodoxy btw, adhering to those 7 councils).

    Matthew 7:23 is precisely about workers, about those who do not trust the work of Christ alone for their salvation.
    Law is the very thing that enflames sin and gives sin its power. Grace does not cause people to sin more.
    Last edited by Bogadile; August 5th, 2017 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    We are told not to worry for a reason. Fear is the opposite of faith. And it is a spirit that God has not given us. God has not given us the spirit of fear BUT of power and love and a sound mind. Fear has nothing to do with what God gives us. Fear is an actual spirit.



    This is so true. Now all we need to do is LEARN to not fear EVER. Easier said than done for a worrier like me God have mercy.

  3. #23
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,263
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Joidevivre View Post
    I know the scripture where it says there is life and death in the tongue, but it really means that the power lies in what you or someone else HEARS. Faith comes by what we hear - and so does fear.
    This is a very interesting concept. Am going to study this out.

    This just came to mind...that faith is a gift.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,901
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogadile View Post
    I had to look up antinomian and I must say guilty as charged. I am happy to be antinomian, if this is the correct definition that I found: "In Christianity, an antinomian is one who takes the principle of salvation by faith and divine grace to the point of asserting that the saved are not bound to follow the Law of Moses."

    That is exactly what the New Covenant is all about.
    No, it is not.

    If we are bound to follow the Law of Moses as "bound" demands that you do it; you obtain righteousness by keeping the law... then that is hardly the New Covenant when that is significantly the Old Covenant.

    If you read Matthew 12:1-8, You will see Jesus coming to the defense of His disciples for plucking the ears of corn on the sabbath day by referring to 2 incidents in the Old Testament where the saints had profaned the sabbath day but were blameless because they were in the Temple when this was done, and then Jesus announced that One greater than the Temple was here to the Pharisees for why His disciples were blameless, namely Himself.

    Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

    So understand this; the saints under the Old Covenant DID profaned the sabbath day but were blameless because they were in the Temple and so His disciples are blameless at the time He was speaking because He was with them.

    You are not bound to keep the sabbath day because Jesus is Lord of the sabbath day.

    1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

    2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

    Are we profaning the law of keeping the sabbath day? Yes.. but Jesus has fulfilled the law where only His righteousness is sufficient to bring us Home apart from being bound by the law to do them in bringing us Home. It is in Him, we are free.

    So I understand why sabbath day keepers does not believe that the keeping of the sabbath day was done away with, but Jesus did acknowledge the profaning of the sabbath day, but His disciples were blameless because He was with them. So in light of the New Covenant, it is because Jesus Christ is in us as our body becomes the Temple of the Holy Spirit is why by His righteousness He is able to make us stand for not keeping the sabbath day.

    Believers are free to honor the Lord on the sabbath day or any day or every day....but they must truly honor Him that sabbath day by recognizing that they are not bound to keep the sabbath day, therefore by declaring His righteousness apart from the law, they have enter into that rest in the Lord every day of the week for the Lord is able to make them stand for they are the Lord's.

  5. #25
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwint View Post
    Joaniemarie (Prince) : It is important that we understand that it was Job’s sin-consciousness that opened the door to Satan. His preoccupation with sins that his family may have committed gave Satan the opportunity to bring death and destruction into his life. God had a hedge of protection around Job. But when he started being sin-conscious and having a fearful expectation of judgment, the hedge was removed and Satan could attack
    him. (Job 1:9–12)
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

    Which bible you use to believe such a statement?

    "And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he has is in your power; only upon himself put not forth your hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD. "Job 1,12



    I suppose the text is clear!

    This Job topic has been discussed here many times before. This is not the first time. I'm not the only believer who has come to these conclusions based on study of the Bible comparing Scripture with Scripture. We are to be "repenting" which means in this context., to change my mind about who God is and what He requires.

    Is God the Father like Zeus the Greek God up atop Mt. Olympus? Is He testing us with "evil" and seeing if we fall flat on our faces? I used to believe that was the God of the Bible and walked accordingly. But I have since changed my mind (repented) of that idea of God the Father. And I love to come here on CC and challenge others about daring to change their minds too and see the love of God in Christ and be set free from the condemnation of "Zeus".

    Now I am daily looking to learn more about Jesus to see who God is. How He loves and how He deals with His children. God never tempts us with evil. Yet many believers use Job as a testament to just that. And because of the teachings of men they will not "repent" and see God as we are told to do by Jesus Himself in the Bible. "If you have seen Me., you have seen the Father". God doesn't send sickness and death. God the Father sent His Son to conquer sin and sickness and death.,to heal the broken hearted to set the captives free.

    But many believers are convinced based on their own horrific experiences in life that He is sending sickness and death to "teach us a lesson" We humans have made a terrible bed here on earth and some have been forced to lay in it. But Jesus has given us an out. By grace through faith we have been given such great and precious promises. We attain those promises by believing and having faith in the love of God in Christ. If we are not willing to believe that God is good and not evil., we will suffer from our own lack of faith. God is not zapping us., we are zapping ourselves with our own ideas of God and our unwillingness to believe in His love for us in Christ.

    It's too bad you guys can't discuss with me why something is not Biblical and not go after me and my character and ability based on and in accordance with your dislike for Prince. His devotionals have been a good spring board for me to open up topics here that many of you have not considered and if you had heard it once or twice in your life, you dismissed it as heretical.

    I personally love to be challenged in my own beliefs so I can know in my heart if the beliefs are based on my pride of what I think I know based on teachings I was raised on., OR knowing the truth from the Bible in the Holy Spirit. If you guys are so afraid to discuss the matter without name calling and accusation then just don't post on my threads. Put me on ignore. I'm totally ok with that.


  6. #26
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogadile View Post
    This is so true. Now all we need to do is LEARN to not fear EVER. Easier said than done for a worrier like me God have mercy.

    As someone posted here. all things are possible with God. He has not given us the spirit of fear so why should we take it coming from somewhere or someone else? Just because our enemy offers it to us on a daily basis doesn't mean we are obliged to take it.

    Worry is a sin and is up there with the biggies in the Bible. The fearful go down with the murderers and war mongers and homosexuals and murderers. For us believers we are no longer judged for our fears but it is a vile sin because it means we are not trusting God in Christ. I say this as someone who for years hid in my home afraid to come out. Afraid of people., afraid of bills and sickness and death.

    The reason God wants us to not fear is because He wants us to trust Him and live in victory and freedom in Christ and walk in the liberty He died to give us. By grace through faith we can have those things Jesus died to give us. By faith we can begin to walk them out. If you begin to see how loved you are and how Jesus will take care of you regardless of all that is going on outside of Him., He will begin to take you on the road of faith and seeing His hand in your life. He did just that for me.

    He is not condemning us for being afraid and wants us to receive the gift of no condemnation in Christ. As we do that., we begin to see other gifts He wants us to receive each day. We keep receiving by grace through faith and soon we are walking out the door of our fears. I'm a working woman now with a house of my own and a church and people where before I was on the verge of not having a home and being an alcoholic and a life long agoraphobic. The spirit of fear ruled my life. But through Jesus I was set free from fear.

    I will be praying for you Bogadile because I know in Christ we have been given these great and precious promises for such a time as this for this very reason.
    stonesoffire and Grace777x70 like this.

  7. #27
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogadile View Post
    I had to look up antinomian and I must say guilty as charged. I am happy to be antinomian, if this is the correct definition that I found: "In Christianity, an antinomian is one who takes the principle of salvation by faith and divine grace to the point of asserting that the saved are not bound to follow the Law of Moses."

    That is exactly what the New Covenant is all about. As for the OP, the truth is that words have a lot of meaning, with the mouth we curse and bless.
    I have personal experience of cussing and fussing in my mind, constant negativity and it caused depression. Since I learned by the Grace of God to bless, rejoice in good AND bad, my life has been more pleasant. We are not saying that if you think and speak positive that life will be perfect, but I would rather be positive when facing trouble, than negative when facing trouble.

    If it is spiritual things, the name of Jesus WILL always overcome, demons are afraid and tremble at the name of Jesus. In that area we are guaranteed victory, each and everytime.

    I have not looked up the word but I've been accused of so many things I don't bother to answer the regulars who condemn based on what they think I'm saying but never interested in what I have really said on threads. I agree with you about we are no longer bound to follow the law but to follow Christ in the new covenant. By grace through faith we live by the obedience of faith in the new covenant. Many are living as old covenant saints when they need to step over into the new covenant of grace.

    Don't let the people who disagree with you get you down. They are sometimes unable to see the person aside from their prejudices about different kinds of Christians. They don't understand that everyone isn't like them with the same opinions and studies.,likes and dislikes. Blessings to you brother!
    Grace777x70 likes this.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    There are different views on Job and when we look at the account based on what we have now in the New Covenant - that Jesus has taken authority from the devil who had it in the earth when Job was around.

    Satan acquired this authority when Adam sinned and released into the earth the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of God and evil.

    Jesus never disputed satan when he said "This has been handed over to me to do with as I please." Luke 4:6

    As far as "fear" goes - in the New Covenant as children of a loving Father we have awe and reverence for Him but we do not "fear" Him as in terror.

    If we fear God this way - we don't know Him nor His love for us yet.


    1 John 4:15-19 (NASB)
    15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

    16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

    17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

    18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

    19 We love, because He first loved us.
    joaniemarie likes this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    There are a few areas where I disagree with JP. This is one of them.



    There are things I disagree with JP about too but this is not one of them. None of us will agree 100% with one person or each other. We have the ability to agree to disagree without condemning one another for being different in our conclusions about Job and how God dealt with him. That and other things we may not agree with yet still respect each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Feel free to share what you have learned Willie. I always like to hear what you have to say. Blessings!!

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post



    There are things I disagree with JP about too but this is not one of them. None of us will agree 100% with one person or each other. We have the ability to agree to disagree without condemning one another for being different in our conclusions about Job and how God dealt with him. That and other things we may not agree with yet still respect each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Feel free to share what you have learned Willie. I always like to hear what you have to say. Blessings!!
    What part of his doctrine you don't agree with?

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    Death and life are in the power of the tongue…
    Proverbs 18:21
    - AUGUST 5 -
    WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SAYING?




    Many things in life can cause us to fear—losing our jobs, deadly diseases, terrorist attacks and so on. When these things confront us, we tend to give in to worry and fear, and start talking about our fears.

    Job was no different. He constantly feared that God would punish him and his family because he kept thinking that his sons had sinned against God. He would get up early in the morning to offer burnt sacrifices, saying, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” And the Bible tells us that he did this “regularly”. (Job 1:5)

    So Job kept confessing the sins of his sons and fearing that something terrible would happen to him and his family. In fact, his sin-consciousness didn’t just produce fear, the Bible tells us that he “greatly feared”. (Job 3:25)

    It is important that we understand that it was Job’s sin-consciousness that opened the door to Satan. His preoccupation with sins that his family may have committed gave Satan the opportunity to bring death and destruction into his life. God had a hedge of protection around Job. But when he started being sin-conscious and having a fearful expectation of judgment, the hedge was removed and Satan could attack
    him. (Job 1:9–12)

    My friend, today, if you have sinned, don’t say, “I have failed again. I deserve to be punished by God.” Know that you already have forgiveness of sins because Jesus was punished and condemned in your place! (Ephesians 1:7) So say, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Jesus, You are my holiness and perfection.” (1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21)

    We must be mindful of what we believe and say regularly because “death and life are in the power of the tongue”. So when you hear of a deadly virus taking many lives, don’t say, “I’m next because I have not been a good Christian!” Instead, say, “Jesus, You are my righteousness and protection. Surely You shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence!” (Psalm 91:3)

    Beloved, such believing and confessing not only please God, but they also shut the door on Satan so that he cannot make any inroad into your life!


    "Destined To Reign Devotional" For August 5th by Pastor Joseph Prince


    Joaniemarie,

    JP once again fails the context of the scripture
    JP said:
    Job was no different. He constantly feared that God would punish him and his family because he kept thinking that his sons had sinned against God. He would get up early in the morning to offer burnt sacrifices, saying, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” And the Bible tells us that he did this “regularly”. (Job 1:5)
    Job 1.5

    5 When the days of feasting had completed their cycle, Job would send and consecrate them, rising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, “Perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.


    Job did not fear God was going to punish him and his family because he kept "thinking" that his sinned against God...

    VS 5 makes it clear Job knew his sons may have sinned and cursed God.....this is enough fto disregard this devo as fasle teaching, but he errors again...how...read on...


    What did Job do continually or regularly?

    It was not thinking his sons had sinned as the false teacher JP would have you think....not what Job did regularly and continually, was consecrate and offer sacrifices for his sons....not keep thinking they were sinning...


    Job never opened a door to Satan....God allowed Satan to come against Job to show Satan Jobs faith was great through trials...

    Job 1.6-12
    6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.” 8 The Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.” 9 Then Satan answered the Lord, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.” 12 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the Lord.

    Job 2.1-6

    Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the Lord. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.” 3 The Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause.” 4 Satan answered the Lord and said, “Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life. 5 However, put forth Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh; he will curse You to Your face.” 6 So the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your power, only spare his life.”

    You are posting obvious falsehoods that are called devotions and you are shameless in your propagation of false teaching.....

    JP is so far off 1base on this one, he is in deep right....
    Angela53510 and NotmebutHim like this.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    This is a very interesting concept. Am going to study this out.

    This just came to mind...that faith is a gift.
    So Romans 10.17 is an interesting concept to you?!


    17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

  13. #33
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,263
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggido View Post
    So Romans 10.17 is an interesting concept to you?!


    17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
    No, meggido...how she phrased her comment. Give up the 'tude.


    Originally Posted by Joidevivre
    I know the scripture where it says there is life and death in the tongue, but it really means that the power lies in what you or someone else HEARS. Faith comes by what we hear - and so does fear.



    Really lies in what you "or someone else hears"

    This phrase I misunderstood. Then I made no further comment.

    Ok?
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  14. #34
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,440
    Rep Power
    87

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    Fear is the opposite of faith. And it is a spirit that God has not given us. God has not given us the spirit of fear BUT of power and love and a sound mind. Fear has nothing to do with what God gives us. Fear is an actual spirit.
    To fear is human nature and even Jesus was afraid before His crucifixion, we have to understand to live in fear is not from God but we can be afraid. Jesus was scared but still willing

    God bless friend
    joaniemarie likes this.
    “To be obedient to the word of God does not make me legalistic” - Gerrie Bester

  15. #35
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    190

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Proverbs 18:20, 21
    With the fruit of a man’s mouth his stomach will be satisfied;

    He will be satisfied with the product of his lips.
    Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
    And those who love it will eat its fruit.



    This has nothing to do with ungodly fear that results in something bad happening in a person's life because of fearing it will happen. It has everything to do with the heart of man. Out of his evil heart he brings forth evil (death) and out of the good heart he brings forth good (life).


    With the fruit of man's heart it produces a satisfactory product on his lips and he'll have life accordingly. He'll have food on the table and that's why in verse 20 his stomach will be satisfied.


    Conversely if the heart is evil it will bring forth death. He won't have a satisfied stomach because of the condition of his heart that pours forth speech that brings death to his life.


    Solomon was a wise man gifted from God. And so he speaks wisdom here and compares what pours forth from our mouths will either bring life to us or death. It speaks nothing of fear. It's all about the condition of the heart.


    Psalm 37:30, 31
    The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom,
    And his tongue speaks justice.
    The law of his God is in his heart;
    His steps do not slip.


    Luke 6:45
    The good man out of the good treasure of his heart
    brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of
    the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his
    mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

    CvOIl7eXgAA6rFz.jpg
    Last edited by Desertsrose; August 6th, 2017 at 03:04 AM.
    wolfwint, Bogadile and NotmebutHim like this.
    Ezekiel 18:23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

  16. #36
    Senior Member wolfwint's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post



    There are things I disagree with JP about too but this is not one of them. None of us will agree 100% with one person or each other. We have the ability to agree to disagree without condemning one another for being different in our conclusions about Job and how God dealt with him. That and other things we may not agree with yet still respect each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Feel free to share what you have learned Willie. I always like to hear what you have to say. Blessings!!
    This has nothing to do with respect each other ore agree and dosagree. If someone telling false things, we should point it out. Because we should tell the truth, for not to be found guilty to deceive other people. And here JP simply is not telling the truth.

  17. #37
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwint View Post
    This has nothing to do with respect each other ore agree and dosagree. If someone telling false things, we should point it out. Because we should tell the truth, for not to be found guilty to deceive other people. And here JP simply is not telling the truth.

    That is your opinion on Job and you have every right to your opinion. But you don't have a right to call someone who disagrees with you and maybe 50% of the Christian population as not telling the truth. But I cannot stop you or those who post along the same lines as you do. That's between you and Jesus.

    But it most certainly does have everything to do with respecting one another and having the maturity to agree to disagree., something many believers here don't have the capacity to do. I could easily say your teaching is false too but I won't. Why? because I'm able to see that there are more sides to a view about Job for instance than mine. And other Bible interpretations for that matter. I also believe in the rapture of the church so I'm what's called a "pre tribulationist" I also hold to the beautiful doctrines of the security of the believer or as some like to call OSAS.

    There are many here who enjoy arguing for days on end about such interpretations. Some even say it's dangerous to believe in the security of the believer and call those of us who do believe "false" and leading people astray. shheeesshhh I find no point in arguing for days on end with people like that but I would never say those Christians are false and spreading lies because they hold to being insecure in their salvation. I see them as just very zealous to the point of being annoying. There is no law against being annoying and zealous. I just avoid those people most of the time.

    I do however understand it's not my way or the highway and that Jesus is bigger than all our opinions folks. It's time to grow up and realize none of us have "arrived" yet. I'll still disagree with you and not call you a heretic or a false teacher or an enemy. You're just childish and annoying.

    Last edited by joaniemarie; August 6th, 2017 at 06:41 AM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,809
    Rep Power
    118

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    That is your opinion on Job and you have every right to your opinion. But you don't have a right to call someone who disagrees with you and maybe 50% of the Christian population as not telling the truth.
    Big eyes When I was a small boy, I met this teaching in charismatic churches. Never again after that.
    Charismatics/pentecostals are not 50% of Christians. They are up to 20%.

    And, of course, not all of them accept this. I am not sure if even half of them ever heard of this.

    Next, your logic does not make sense. There are not just opinions on this world. There are lies and truths.

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post

    But I cannot stop you or those who post along the same lines as you do. That's between you and Jesus.

    But it most certainly does have everything to do with respecting one another and having the maturity to agree to disagree., something many believers here don't have the capacity to do....
    You know what is a real maturity? To check in the Bible and to leave what is clearly false...
    Angela53510 and followjesus like this.
    Do not be worried about many things - only one thing is needed (Lk 10:41-42).

  19. #39
    Senior Member wolfwint's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post

    That is your opinion on Job and you have every right to your opinion. But you don't have a right to call someone who disagrees with you and maybe 50% of the Christian population as not telling the truth. But I cannot stop you or those who post along the same lines as you do. That's between you and Jesus.

    But it most certainly does have everything to do with respecting one another and having the maturity to agree to disagree., something many believers here don't have the capacity to do. I could easily say your teaching is false too but I won't. Why? because I'm able to see that there are more sides to a view about Job for instance than mine. And other Bible interpretations for that matter. I also believe in the rapture of the church so I'm what's called a "pre tribulationist" I also hold to the beautiful doctrines of the security of the believer or as some like to call OSAS.

    There are many here who enjoy arguing for days on end about such interpretations. Some even say it's dangerous to believe in the security of the believer and call those of us who do believe "false" and leading people astray. shheeesshhh I find no point in arguing for days on end with people like that but I would never say those Christians are false and spreading lies because they hold to being insecure in their salvation. I see them as just very zealous to the point of being annoying. There is no law against being annoying and zealous. I just avoid those people most of the time.

    I do however understand it's not my way or the highway and that Jesus is bigger than all our opinions folks. It's time to grow up and realize none of us have "arrived" yet. I'll still disagree with you and not call you a heretic or a false teacher or an enemy. You're just childish and annoying.

    If someone claim something what is not standing in the Text. How you would call him?
    Angela53510 likes this.

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2009
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE PROVERBS 18:21

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    It is important that we understand that it was Job’s sin-consciousness that opened the door to Satan. His preoccupation with sins that his family may have committed gave Satan the opportunity to bring death and destruction into his life. God had a hedge of protection around Job. But when he started being sin-conscious and having a fearful expectation of judgment, the hedge was removed and Satan could attack
    him. (Job 1:9–12)

    My friend, today, if you have sinned, don’t say, “I have failed again. I deserve to be punished by God.” Know that you already have forgiveness of sins because Jesus was punished and condemned in your place! (Ephesians 1:7) So say, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Jesus, You are my holiness and perfection.” (1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21)

    We must be mindful of what we believe and say regularly because “death and life are in the power of the tongue”. So when you hear of a deadly virus taking many lives, don’t say, “I’m next because I have not been a good Christian!” Instead, say, “Jesus, You are my righteousness and protection. Surely You shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence!” (Psalm 91:3)

    Beloved, such believing and confessing not only please God, but they also shut the door on Satan so that he cannot make any inroad into your life!


    "Destined To Reign Devotional" For August 5th by Pastor Joseph Prince
    This devotion is innaccurate & just plain stupid. Here's my evidence:

    Job 1:8
    New International Version
    Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

    New Living Translation
    Then the LORD asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless--a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil."

    English Standard Version
    And the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?”

    New American Standard Bible
    The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."

    Job 2:3
    New International Version
    Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."

    New Living Translation
    Then the LORD asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless--a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil. And he has maintained his integrity, even though you urged me to harm him without cause."

    English Standard Version
    And the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? He still holds fast his integrity, although you incited me against him to destroy him without reason.”

    New American Standard Bible
    The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause."

    God challenged Satan with Job because Job was one of God's finest servants.

    How does a "blameless & upright man" sinfully open a door for Satan?

    There's a lot of christians today that would love to be like Job was in his relationship with God.

    Joseph Prince is as full of nonsense, if not the Devil, as an outhouse is full of boo.




    Angela53510 and Meggido like this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How Do You Use Your Tongue
    By joyfullyhis in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 5th, 2017, 09:12 AM
  2. The Power of the Tongue
    By Silverwings in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 1st, 2017, 01:17 AM
  3. The power of the tongue.
    By biggiestomp in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: October 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
  4. my tongue...
    By charm1110 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 4th, 2010, 09:14 PM