Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 130
Like Tree195Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    shouldn't this be in another section. my pastor said that blindness was caused by flogging the bishop.

  2. #42
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,268
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    I never dared hope that it could be different than the way I was taught.
    Amen, it is good to read that it has been different. I think that the worst thing is a church that tries to control from fear and power ...it is supposed to be to come together to praise and worship God.


    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    This commentary make me also consider the reason we all should be regularly meeting with other believers so we can use our gifts for the benefit of one another to the building up of the saints. I have been out of the body of believers in a church for a long time but am now back. While away from the body the Lord kept me and even taught me but His best is for us to be with others of "like precious faith". I won't have His best if I don't dare and step out in faith.

    The notes below describe my growing awareness. I was ignorant of many of the promises. And I later did receive the truth but before that I was taught a certain way and it dominated my thinking. I never dared hope that it could be different than the way I was taught. I'm still learning about fear and how to not allow it to dominate my thinking in areas that I've long hid from. Mostly getting back into relationships with people after losing family.

    Getting back to church took a long time to do. And as the promises come from the Bible about stepping forward believing that God has not given me this spirit of fear., that He has already given me power and love and a sound mind in Christ. I have stepped forward and begun to see these fears demolish one by one.






    An unbelief that comes as a result of ignorance can be done away with by receiving the truth of God’s Word (Romans 10:17 and 2 Peter 1:4). However, the unbelief that hindered the disciples in this case was a “natural” type of unbelief (see note 2 at Matthew 17:20). They had been taught all of their lives to believe what their five senses told them. They were simply dominated by this natural input more than by God’s supernatural input (God’s Word - Luke 9:1).


    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Power
    52

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnedbygrace View Post
    well...there really isn't a way you can call the devotional blasphemy. I mean, just because he didn't also bring in the verse in tension to, it doesn't mean he hasn't taught the people he pastors this elsewhere. Bruce is pretty trustworthy and he attests that he definitely has heard Joseph teach on the other verse too.

    And like we were talking about, you can't cover everything at once. I think I'm too hard on a man that he would present something true but that I would think him to be presenting something false simply because he hadn't taught everything at once and someone might misunderstand. The truth is, someone IS going to misunderstand. Every cotton pickin' time.That's a given. They'll look at scripture in a very human way, making provision for the flesh in it.
    I agree that we cannot cover everything at the same time. I think we have all allowed provisions for the flesh in one way or the other.

    I do not have a good working knowledge of Joseph but as I understand he teaches.. “Name it claim it”, as the man with bigger barns.

    Claiming to have the faith of Christ, the faith of God to know the outcome of a future event is to blaspheme the name by which are called. This is especially true today seeing there has been no new revelations for over two thousand years.

    Blasphemy against the Son of man as to the outward appearance of Jesus is forgivable seeing we walk by faith, the unseen eternal and the Son of man seen resisted any attempt in men having a faith in respect to that seen (God is not a man as us) He said only God not seen is good.

    But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit not seen is a different thing. It does take God moving a person to repentance and forgiveness by not sending them a strong delusion. The disciples were guilty of blasphemy against the Son of man in that way.

    If a person is a believer the Holy Spirit will not sent the strong delusion so that the person will not continue to believe the lie. To those who he sends the strong delusion they must continue to crucify Christ over and over exposing Him to public shame every time their wish upon a star does not come true . They would be the ones I believe that offer dead works of faith towards God that will never come to fruitation like the man with bigger barns.

  4. #44
    Persuaded
    Guest

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    [QUOTE=Denadii;3234780]
    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    Ok...What about the scriptures that say He'll give us the desires of our hearts?
    But what if those desires are in accordance to God's Holy standards?
    Look at Luke 2 and the model prayer.
    God answers every prayer and sometimes He says no.
    oldethennew likes this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,279
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    129

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by garee View Post
    I agree that we cannot cover everything at the same time. I think we have all allowed provisions for the flesh in one way or the other.

    I do not have a good working knowledge of Joseph but as I understand he teaches.. “Name it claim it”, as the man with bigger barns.

    Claiming to have the faith of Christ, the faith of God to know the outcome of a future event is to blaspheme the name by which are called. This is especially true today seeing there has been no new revelations for over two thousand years.

    Blasphemy against the Son of man as to the outward appearance of Jesus is forgivable seeing we walk by faith, the unseen eternal and the Son of man seen resisted any attempt in men having a faith in respect to that seen (God is not a man as us) He said only God not seen is good.

    But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit not seen is a different thing. It does take God moving a person to repentance and forgiveness by not sending them a strong delusion. The disciples were guilty of blasphemy against the Son of man in that way.

    If a person is a believer the Holy Spirit will not sent the strong delusion so that the person will not continue to believe the lie. To those who he sends the strong delusion they must continue to crucify Christ over and over exposing Him to public shame every time their wish upon a star does not come true . They would be the ones I believe that offer dead works of faith towards God that will never come to fruitation like the man with bigger barns.
    You say "as I understand it." So this means you believed what other men say about him. Because by saying you have no working knowledge of him, you mean you have not listened extensively to him. A man must be given the benefit of speaking in his own words, not by the words of another man, don't you agree?

    By the way, I am still searching for where he teaches both the one scripture AND the ones in tension to. I know it exists because G7 would not lie to us. I will bring it here when I find it so we can hear for ourselves. I have not gone directly to his site but am searching on youtube because it has been my experience that in order to get a mans complete teaching on something on his website, I have to pay money. That's not to say he does not deserve to be paid. It's just to say that I have no money to pay him with.

  6. #46
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,268
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    How does a banned person still post?
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,279
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    129

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Oh...I didn't understand her post at all so I just ignored it. She obviously posted sometime before the ban happened.
    UnderGrace likes this.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,721
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    208

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    Hi Miri., Yes, I've experienced major deliverance in healing from the fear that turned into mental illness. But there is more ground to cover but I'm not where I was last year or the year before or the year before.

    I'm still receiving healing now as I go back to church to be with other Christians again. It's not that Jesus has not given me a sound mind. It is that I'm learning to claim what He has given me by grace through faith. The enemy steals from us the ground that Jesus has won for us. We keep the ground by grace through faith in Jesus righteousness given to us. We give up our ground when we believe in our own righteousnesses that we have done.


    In my case, the enemy stole first my security in what I thought God had given me in the life of my son who went to Iraq. As the untold horrors of that came across the ocean to NY., so did the slow and steady demise of other things I held secure most of my adult life. Each truth held for years dissolved before my eyes. The enemy hates us and steals our security in God., then our sanity., our loved ones and families. he lies and steals our bodies by stealing our health and wholeness., then he can kill our bodies ultimately.


    he does this by using our own thinking against us. he did it with Adam and Eve., he uses wrong teaching about who God is and how God deals with us. If we are not sure about the love of God because of who we are IN Christ - Beloved. Then we will always fall for condemnation and guilt from the lies of the enemy.

    If we don't understand we have been saved by grace through faith IN Christ we will think we have to maintain God's love and acceptance for ourselves by our own righteousness. And then we will fail because we were not saved that way nor are we kept or accepted that way. We are kept the same way we are saved. By grace through faith. Undeserved unearned love and favor.

    Knowing the truth can keep us from much of the damage. But many of us don't know the truth. We sort of go by the status quo and follow everyone else like sheep. We don't believe the major truths about Jesus in the Bible due to our investing our mind and emotions on our own thoughts and opinions.

    Holy Spirit filling and Bible reading and hearing and knowing is the difference between life and death for our human bodies. If we are not building on the "solid Rock" it is just like that song says, we are building instead on sinking sand. My life sure was but now it's not. Some get healed all at once and that is wonderful but I think what we are supposed to do is maintain our healing each day.

    I think it is amazing how God uses each one of us with our different gifts in the body. How the local church gives us a place to meet and learn together and grow into His body here on earth., the body of Christ. He gave us the Holy Spirit to teach us to work together and there is a lot of power when we do. But many of us Christians are fools and fight among ourselves. Just look at CC and all the infighting of different denominational arguments. It's not God's fault for the carnality and weakness so many of us believers are living in.

    I'm really thankful and happy you have experienced healing miri in so many different ways. I know He heals us where we are as we go through. And He does it differently and in His own timing based on many factors we are not privy to. But we can totally trust He does it better than we could even imagine.



    Im glad for you that things are working out for you. I was thinking along the lines of physical healing,
    but yes there is healing of the mind too. I hope you dont mind that I asked.

    For physical healing. I think there are times and various reasons and seasons why sometimes
    it's immediate, sometimes it's delayed and sometimes it doesn't seem to happen at all.
    As I say I've experienced all three.

    I do think though that God is certainly concerned about those battlefields in the mind, sometimes
    that needs to take priority over physical healing.

    I know people who have prayed for physical healing. They got emotional and spiritual healing
    instead. God works in mysterious ways.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  9. #49
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,242
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Ive started reading "A More Excellent Way" by Dr. Henry W. Wright. In his book he deals with the roots of disease and blocks to healing.

    Jesus did address some issues that caused illness and then healed. In the book he writes, "it is not that God cannot heal you, or that He doesn't want to. The problem is that man doesn't understand disease."

    I saw the post where Bruce addressed the fact that all the teachers have different aspects to healing that they give. My words, forgive me Bruce if I mistakenly understand your thought.

    I feel that we need to be mature enough to examine under the light of Holy Spirit if there be attitudes that could possibly be blocking our healing.

    This isn't addressing all disease by the way. There are biological issues as well that are the cause of disease and not at all to do with us as far as actions or thoughts, in any way. I really like what Bruce said about the face to face encounter with God and this should be in any matter that we have.

    And that's not hard. Just go into the the presence of Father without fear, or shame...because of the blood on the mercy seat before Him, He is approachable and loves for us to come.

    Be blessed peoples.
    joaniemarie likes this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  10. #50
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,242
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Just finished a study on Isaiah 53. There's not one sin that we can commit that isn't covered by the Cross of Jesus Christ. Even apostasy. That surprised me. It's the walk of the Spirit daily that will keep us in health and prosperity. And both these things are also seen in His wounding, His chastisement, etc.

    It's an awesome study and will release one from the captivity of the enemy who lies to us about God, and lies to us about our union with Jesus.


    We don't change ourselves in any way...we identify with the Cross...and receive His healing.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,219
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    I see and feel the Faith that Jesus has put in my heart and what He has taught me
    to do with it, as it grows and grows...not what someone else has tried their very best
    to get me to believe, for the Love of Mammon...while others go hungry and thirst...

  12. #52
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    182

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Just finished a study on Isaiah 53. There's not one sin that we can commit that isn't covered by the Cross of Jesus Christ. Even apostasy. That surprised me. It's the walk of the Spirit daily that will keep us in health and prosperity. And both these things are also seen in His wounding, His chastisement, etc. It's an awesome study and will release one from the captivity of the enemy who lies to us about God, and lies to us about our union with Jesus. We don't change ourselves in any way...we identify with the Cross...and receive His healing.
    Hi Stone,


    Please, whatever you read, check it out with scriptures. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.


    Matthew 12:30-32
    He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
    Ezekiel 18:23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Just finished a study on Isaiah 53. There's not one sin that we can commit that isn't covered by the Cross of Jesus Christ. Even apostasy. That surprised me. It's the walk of the Spirit daily that will keep us in health and prosperity. And both these things are also seen in His wounding, His chastisement, etc.

    It's an awesome study and will release one from the captivity of the enemy who lies to us about God, and lies to us about our union with Jesus.


    We don't change ourselves in any way...we identify with the Cross...and receive His healing.
    Was that by Wright too?

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    The way you are interpreting this is in the way of the world's thinking, a "new age" type of thought. Your interpretation is putting all of the power on "you" verses the power of God. "You" are the one who is giving the power by believing, by envisioning. I don't believe this is correct...You are being deceived to think you have this kind of power. It is God who decides the answer to your prayer, not your belief. You may be asking for the wrong thing, or it is not what is in line with God's plan for you. But since you are envisioning and believing for what "you" want, you may or may not be granted what you are asking for but do not be deceived to think that it is what God wants for you.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Im glad for you that things are working out for you. I was thinking along the lines of physical healing,
    but yes there is healing of the mind too. I hope you dont mind that I asked.

    For physical healing. I think there are times and various reasons and seasons why sometimes
    it's immediate, sometimes it's delayed and sometimes it doesn't seem to happen at all.
    As I say I've experienced all three.

    I do think though that God is certainly concerned about those battlefields in the mind, sometimes
    that needs to take priority over physical healing.

    I know people who have prayed for physical healing. They got emotional and spiritual healing
    instead. God works in mysterious ways.

    I understand what you are saying Miri but disagree. Why? because imo healing is healing. When we are weak in our bodies in our flesh and blood bodies that includes our meat-brains. There are many factors that come into play for us humans when we take medications and go to doctors for healing. Medications for the brain just like medications for the legs or arms or torsos. Sick is sick. We need healing when we are sick. So I don't make distinctions about healing.

    Some Christians don't worry and so they don't get sick of mind and heart. There are other Christians that do worry and they get sick in their mind and heart so it sickens other parts of their bodies by giving them ulcers and even cancers. Worry and bad thinking can cause illnesses and often does more than we know.

    For myself., I've stopped insisting on this one dimensional kind of thinking I have outside of faith because it's a killer. We are the sons of God now and we have a Father now who loves us and promises to take care of us. We are not limited to our physical bodies. We are housed in these bodies but what we REALLY ARE is inside and should be growing in the knowledge of Christ AND who we are IN Christ.


    Sometimes I find it hard to read the posts on these threads because soooo many insist there is only what we see in these bodies. Their mind set says God will not be working outside of your flesh and blood world. Not only that but many say AND insist He will not bless you when you ask because asking is selfish. As if we are telling God what to do so we can consume it upon our lusts.


    What's this "telling God what to do" business? What we ARE actually doing is taking God at His word.
    We are saying... "OK Father., You have given us such great and precious promises in Your Son Jesus and by faith You want me to walk them out in my life.. OK Lord., I'm believing that You will keep Your word for Christ's sake and because you always keep Your word. That You have NOT given me this spirit of fear that has plagued me for years., but You HAVE given me power and love and a sound mind. And You NOW want me to walk it out each day. Practicing the truth becoming strong in the faith.

    If there are believers here who don't believe they have the same great and precious promises He gave all believers ., then they are not going to be forced by God to believe and work out what Christ has worked in them.

    And for sure that means many other Christians who are learning to walk in the promises are not going to try to convince those here on CC if they don't believe it's real. At least I'm not going to. I can share how God IN Christ has blessed me., healed me and is healing me. I can give the Bible verses that attest to healing as well as my own personal struggles of putting off the old and putting on the new man. But there is no way to "convince" anyone here. Convincing is not our job. Helping and assisting is what we're called do do out of love and we desire to answer that call. But we are not called to argue.

    Each one of us as believers has to chose to work with the Holy Spirit and the Word to put off our old manner of life. Or we can chose to stay the way we are believing only what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears. And that doesn't mean indulging in blatant vulgar sins either. It means respectable Christians who go to church., do all the right things on the surface of life for 20-30-40-50 years but never expecting to live in the supernatural realm while here on earth. Many prefer to do all that when they get to heaven., and so they will.

    But I'm learning (along with others here) to keep on having high expectations that He will continue to do more and more. He is calling us to learn how to keep on walking by the obedience of faith. That means we obey Him by believing and looking forward to Him fulfilling His promises in our lives. AND It pleases Him when we have high expectations of good coming from our Father. He is pleased when we attribute all we have to His Son on our behalf. He loves us more than we can know the full extent now. And His blessings keep gathering momentum in our lives and He keeps pouring more and more on us. All because of Jesus.

    So we can dare to ask and dare to be confident He will answer. And we have found He does answer and this builds more confidence in us towards Him. So we learn to ask again., and all is well and all will be well.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Zmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,182
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace777x70 View Post
    11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

    I actually heard of a woman who wanted to marry a minister who was already married. But she had a wedding service where she married him “in the spirit,” cursing the wife and just waiting on her to die so this marriage could happen “in the flesh.” She claimed this verse gave her a promise that she could do that.
    Howbeit is written that Jesus said unto them that were evil that they were are of their father the devil, that was a liar from the beginning who abode not in the truth, and the lusts of their father would they do.

    34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
    35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
    Matt 12:34-35

    So how can an evil person give good gifts to their children?

    The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; Prov 11:30

    Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way: but wickedness overthroweth the sinner.Prov 13:6

    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    Matt 7:17-20

    10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
    11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
    Isa 3:10-11


  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,219
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    we see people conflicted and in great need to read the 'whole-entire-scriptures-of the Bible...

  18. #58
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,268
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    God does answer prayers without a doubt and sometimes He answers a prayer before we even pray for it, and sometimes He answers prayers in ways we least expect and sometimes we pray amiss and we learn from that too



    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post

    I understand what you are saying Miri but disagree. Why? because imo healing is healing. When we are weak in our bodies in our flesh and blood bodies that includes our meat-brains. There are many factors that come into play for us humans when we take medications and go to doctors for healing. Medications for the brain just like medications for the legs or arms or torsos. Sick is sick. We need healing when we are sick. So I don't make distinctions about healing.

    Some Christians don't worry and so they don't get sick of mind and heart. There are other Christians that do worry and they get sick in their mind and heart so it sickens other parts of their bodies by giving them ulcers and even cancers. Worry and bad thinking can cause illnesses and often does more than we know.

    For myself., I've stopped insisting on this one dimensional kind of thinking I have outside of faith because it's a killer. We are the sons of God now and we have a Father now who loves us and promises to take care of us. We are not limited to our physical bodies. We are housed in these bodies but what we REALLY ARE is inside and should be growing in the knowledge of Christ AND who we are IN Christ.


    Sometimes I find it hard to read the posts on these threads because soooo many insist there is only what we see in these bodies. Their mind set says God will not be working outside of your flesh and blood world. Not only that but many say AND insist He will not bless you when you ask because asking is selfish. As if we are telling God what to do so we can consume it upon our lusts.


    What's this "telling God what to do" business? What we ARE actually doing is taking God at His word.
    We are saying... "OK Father., You have given us such great and precious promises in Your Son Jesus and by faith You want me to walk them out in my life.. OK Lord., I'm believing that You will keep Your word for Christ's sake and because you always keep Your word. That You have NOT given me this spirit of fear that has plagued me for years., but You HAVE given me power and love and a sound mind. And You NOW want me to walk it out each day. Practicing the truth becoming strong in the faith.

    If there are believers here who don't believe they have the same great and precious promises He gave all believers ., then they are not going to be forced by God to believe and work out what Christ has worked in them.

    And for sure that means many other Christians who are learning to walk in the promises are not going to try to convince those here on CC if they don't believe it's real. At least I'm not going to. I can share how God IN Christ has blessed me., healed me and is healing me. I can give the Bible verses that attest to healing as well as my own personal struggles of putting off the old and putting on the new man. But there is no way to "convince" anyone here. Convincing is not our job. Helping and assisting is what we're called do do out of love and we desire to answer that call. But we are not called to argue.

    Each one of us as believers has to chose to work with the Holy Spirit and the Word to put off our old manner of life. Or we can chose to stay the way we are believing only what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears. And that doesn't mean indulging in blatant vulgar sins either. It means respectable Christians who go to church., do all the right things on the surface of life for 20-30-40-50 years but never expecting to live in the supernatural realm while here on earth. Many prefer to do all that when they get to heaven., and so they will.

    But I'm learning (along with others here) to keep on having high expectations that He will continue to do more and more. He is calling us to learn how to keep on walking by the obedience of faith. That means we obey Him by believing and looking forward to Him fulfilling His promises in our lives. AND It pleases Him when we have high expectations of good coming from our Father. He is pleased when we attribute all we have to His Son on our behalf. He loves us more than we can know the full extent now. And His blessings keep gathering momentum in our lives and He keeps pouring more and more on us. All because of Jesus.

    So we can dare to ask and dare to be confident He will answer. And we have found He does answer and this builds more confidence in us towards Him. So we learn to ask again., and all is well and all will be well.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  19. #59
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,242
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsrose View Post


    Hi Stone,


    Please, whatever you read, check it out with scriptures. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven.


    Matthew 12:30-32
    He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
    That was a word study Rose. Are you speaking about apostasy? Blasphemy of Holy Spirit is speaking that the works of Jesus are demonic isn't it? I think that is what Jesus said it was. Apostasy...I haven't really looked at what it means but thought it was to turn away from the Lord. Similar to back sliding. If one repents and turns back you don't think He will forgive and receive?

    I do.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WHAT DO YOU SEE???

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    God does answer prayers without a doubt and sometimes He answers a prayer before we even pray for it, and sometimes He answers prayers in ways we least expect and sometimes we pray amiss and we learn from that too
    Isaiah 65:24
    And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast