Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 128
Like Tree89Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Restoring the Edenic covenant

  1. #41
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    19,199
    Rep Power
    428

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    [/COLOR]There is no such record in Scripture. It is a good imaginary scenario, but unless that is what was actually promised to Adam, Christians should not be "making up" stuff as they go along.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Perhaps you should write gotquestions.org and complain to them
    stonesoffire and Meggido like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    What is the Edenic covenant? The first covenant I see is with Adam after the fall. Please explain what you are talking about?
    See Genesis 1.28-30, Genesis 2.15-17 and Hosea 6.7...

    The Covenant after the fall is known as the Adamic Covenant...it was made between God and Adam with Adam, again, standing in for all of humanity...

    The 1st Covenant is the Edenic,
    the 2nd is Adamic..

    The 3rd - 8th Covenants are:
    3rd- Noahic
    4th-Abrahamic
    5th-Mosiac/Old<<<<<<This is the one Paul talks about warring with the New and the Law of Christ
    6th-The Land
    7th-Davidic
    8th-The New

    If you study this out carefully you will understand How God works with man kind and his chosen people....
    stonesoffire and Magenta like this.

  3. #43
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,203
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    What is the Edenic covenant? The first covenant I see is with Adam after the fall. Please explain what you are talking about?
    post # 31....
    Magenta likes this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, but "No, it is not" is the proper response.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    1. There is no such thing as an "Edenic Covenant". It was an Edenic command (Gen 2:16,17), if that is what you are referring to.

    2. God created -- "built" -- the New Jerusalem (Heb 11:10) for all those who would be justified by grace through faith (Heb 12:22-24)

    3. There will be a New Heavens and a New Earth, but Paradise (formerly the Garden of Eden) is now in the New Jerusalem (Rev 22:1-2)
    you need to back up to Genesis 1.28-30...that was not a command, but a blessings and promise and directive....

    IF you will do, and not eat, I will....if you eat, I will

    Father is and always will be a covenant Father....
    Magenta likes this.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Thank you Magenta. Then it's reversed by the Cross of Jesus and sacrificial blood? True?
    No, the Edenic was broken by Adam's disobedience and since it was conditional, meaning if Man does, Father will, it came to an end....See Hosea 6.7....

    the Adamic Covenant was the judgement covenant and being unconditional it remains in effect today and is only reversed by the New Covenant and only to those who believe the new Covenant...The Adamic covenant is basis for the the LAW of SIN & DEATH and then enforced through the Mosaic Covenant...

    Adam spiritually died under the Edenic Covenant. Physical death was introduced under the Adamic Covenant...[Rom 5.12-21]

    The basis for the Adamic covenant is found in Gen 3.14-19
    Magenta likes this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    19,199
    Rep Power
    428

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Thank you Meggido Some count seven covenants, so it
    seems two may have been combined by some reckoning
    Meggido likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  7. #47
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    19,199
    Rep Power
    428

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Just read from the website. Very good. Again, thank you!
    You are welcome, Stonesoffire
    stonesoffire likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Thank you Meggido Some count seven covenants, so it
    seems two may have been combined by some reckoning
    So combine the Abrahamic/Land or the Adamic/Mosiac

    7 or 8 does not matter to me, it is only when people start saying 1 or 2, that we have to begin teaching them....
    Magenta likes this.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    19,199
    Rep Power
    428

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, but "No, it is not" is the proper response.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    1. There is no such thing as an "Edenic Covenant". It was an Edenic command (Gen 2:16,17), if that is what you are referring to.

    2. God created -- "built" -- the New Jerusalem (Heb 11:10) for all those who would be justified by grace through faith (Heb 12:22-24)

    3. There will be a New Heavens and a New Earth, but Paradise (formerly the Garden of Eden) is now in the New Jerusalem (Rev 22:1-2)
    Where is the the New Jerusalem to be? You have denied that it resides in the new Earth after coming down from heaven, and insinuated that I read a different Bible than Christians do because I believe life ever after is in/on the New Earth. Insinuated may be too soft a word. You took great exception to my saying that life ever after is on the new Earth.
    stonesoffire and Meggido like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  10. #50
    Senior Member unobtrusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    70
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    What is the Edenic covenant? The first covenant I see is with Adam after the fall. Please explain what you are talking about?

    In the Edenic Covenant, God promises Adam life and blessing, but that promise is conditional upon Adam’s obedience to God’s command not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

    "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:16–17) This was before the fall.

    In Scripture we see two different types of covenants that God makes with men. Some are unconditional covenants, which God will keep regardless of man’s actions. Others are conditional in that man must obey the terms of the covenant in order to receive the promises related to it. The Edenic Covenant is an example of a conditional covenant because Adam was required to obey the terms of the covenant in order to not suffer the consequences of breaking it.

    The New Covenant in Christ Jesus is also conditional as was with Adam in Eden. It requires our response. Biblically, a covenant is instigated with commands to adhere to what is said.
    Last edited by unobtrusive; August 22nd, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggido View Post
    See Genesis 1.28-30, Genesis 2.15-17 and Hosea 6.7...

    The Covenant after the fall is known as the Adamic Covenant...it was made between God and Adam with Adam, again, standing in for all of humanity...

    The 1st Covenant is the Edenic,
    the 2nd is Adamic..

    The 3rd - 8th Covenants are:
    3rd- Noahic
    4th-Abrahamic
    5th-Mosiac/Old<<<<<<This is the one Paul talks about warring with the New and the Law of Christ
    6th-The Land
    7th-Davidic
    8th-The New

    If you study this out carefully you will understand How God works with man kind and his chosen people....
    Ok Please define the Edenic covenant. What were the terms? The responsibilities, the privileges? Who promised who what?

  12. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Ok Please define the Edenic covenant. What were the terms? The responsibilities, the privileges? Who promised who what?
    See Genesis 1.28-30, Genesis 2.15-17 and Hosea 6.7...

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post

    In the Edenic Covenant, God promises Adam life and blessing, but that promise is conditional upon Adam’s obedience to God’s command not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

    "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:16–17) This was before the fall.

    In Scripture we see two different types of covenants that God makes with men. Some are unconditional covenants, which God will keep regardless of man’s actions. Others are conditional in that man must obey the terms of the covenant in order to receive the promises related to it. The Edenic Covenant is an example of a conditional covenant because Adam was required to obey the terms of the covenant in order to not suffer the consequences of breaking it.

    The New Covenant in Christ Jesus is also conditional as was with Adam in Eden. It requires our response. Biblically, a covenant is instigated with commands to adhere to what is said.
    That was not covenant....That was God blessing man...and warning him of a danger.. On the other hand......If you choose to view it as a covenant, it won't hurt you.

  14. #54
    Senior Member unobtrusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    70
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    That was not covenant....That was God blessing man...and warning him of a danger.. On the other hand......If you choose to view it as a covenant, it won't hurt you.


    The covenant with Abraham was unconditional. It was going to happen no matter what. If the sons of Abraham failed, God was about ready to do the same with Moses. The unconditional is by faith. That will never be different no matter what we choose, pro or con. Just explaining further the conditional and unconditional covenants. Some people may say there's a certain number of covenants according to man's traditions, depending on our religious filters.

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggido View Post
    See Genesis 1.28-30, Genesis 2.15-17 and Hosea 6.7...
    Yup. That's not covenant. And your Hosea verse is not referring to any specific covenant, but I think it refers to the Adamic covenant.. Since the Adamic covenant is where the promise is laid out, privileges, penalties etc.

  16. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post

    The covenant with Abraham was unconditional. It was going to happen no matter what. If the sons of Abraham failed, God was about ready to do the same with Moses. The unconditional is by faith. That will never be different no matter what we choose, pro or con. Just explaining further the conditional and unconditional covenants. Some people may say there's a certain number of covenants according to man's traditions, depending on our religious filters.
    the main difference between conditional and unconditional is based upon a formula of either :

    God WILL...IF MAN....conditional

    God DOES......unconditional.....
    Magenta and unobtrusive like this.

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,641
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Denadii View Post
    Yup. That's not covenant. And your Hosea verse is not referring to any specific covenant, but I think it refers to the Adamic covenant.. Since the Adamic covenant where the promise is laid out, privileges, penalties etc.
    The Adamic is the judgement covenant....you are actually confusing the 2....

    God said Adam would be ....if Adam did tend the garden and did not eat....Adam broke covenant, because he ate.

    God judged the man, woman, snake and ground in the Adamic....Therefore GOD DID to Adam, the earth, the snake, the woman....man did nothing....

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    In the ancient world covenants tended to have these six parts: preamble, prologue, stipulations, document clause, witnesses, and ratification. Let me describe these and then talk about how they fit with regard to the material we are looking at today because really everything in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy somehow fits within this. Virtually everything in those four books. The book of Genesis is a little more special but virtually everything in the final four books of the first five, the Pentateuch, the books of Moses, is in the category.
    Meggido likes this.

  19. #59
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,203
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggido View Post
    No, the Edenic was broken by Adam's disobedience and since it was conditional, meaning if Man does, Father will, it came to an end....See Hosea 6.7....

    the Adamic Covenant was the judgement covenant and being unconditional it remains in effect today and is only reversed by the New Covenant and only to those who believe the new Covenant...The Adamic covenant is basis for the the LAW of SIN & DEATH and then enforced through the Mosaic Covenant...

    Adam spiritually died under the Edenic Covenant. Physical death was introduced under the Adamic Covenant...[Rom 5.12-21]

    The basis for the Adamic covenant is found in Gen 3.14-19
    ~Hos 6:7  "But like Adam, they broke the covenant; in this they have acted deceitfully against me.
     

    Hos 6:8  Gilead is a lawless town; it is polluted by bloodshed. 


    Hos 6:9  Like a gang of thieves that stalk a man, priests commit murder along the road to Shechem, committing shameful crimes. 


    Hos 6:10  I have seen a horrible evil in the house of Israel—Ephraim's promiscuity. Israel is defiled.
     

    Hos 6:11  "So, Judah, a harvest has been appointed for you when I restore my people from captivity." 

    Would not verse 11 relate to the Cross of Jesus and restoration? This is confusing to me.
    Meggido likes this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  20. #60
    Senior Member unobtrusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    70
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Restoring the Edenic covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Meggido View Post
    the main difference between conditional and unconditional is based upon a formula of either :

    God WILL...IF MAN....conditional

    God DOES......unconditional.....
    Good!!

    Conditional..."A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known." (Deuteronomy 11:27-28)

    Unconditional... "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." (Genesis 3:15)

    One more unconventional. Tell them "I am" sent you. I am who I am is basically saying 'I am whom I will be' and that's that.

    Edenic covenant. 'Don't consume knowledge that causes you to make your own decisions without Me by thinking you know more that what you really do.' 'In addition, your fig leaves aren't making it with me, there is some blood that needs to be shed, and I'll get it done...unconditionally.'


    Last edited by unobtrusive; August 22nd, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
    stonesoffire likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Restoring sinning christians?
    By Sunshine23 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 25th, 2016, 01:40 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
  3. Principalism Paper by J. Daniel Hays - New Covenant vs. Old Covenant
    By sparkman in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 227
    Last Post: July 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
  5. Restoring things
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM