Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
Like Tree63Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Could be wrong????

  1. #1
    Senior Member pottersclay's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,636
    Rep Power
    97

    Default Could be wrong????

    I think we should all stop judging other people because they sin differently than us.

    Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Member Hirokized's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2013
    Age
    20
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Maybe, maybe not. Why do you say so?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Sadly, I fear your insight might incite more brickbats than bouquets!
    Hopefully I am wrong...
    Angela53510 and MarcR like this.

  4. #4
    MrChris
    Guest

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    I think we should all stop judging other people because they sin differently than us.

    Your thoughts?
    The case here is that people have a bad record of comparing their skeletons against others.

    Look, we all have skeletons, so what's the point of comparing them, they're all dead anyway.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,358
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Well I know that with all I have done and still do I have no right to look down on anyone else or their sins, besides that is not what love does.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  6. #6
    Senior Member Muzungu256's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    there are levels to it u see. some things are more serious than others.
    i kno ppl like to quote if u break one u break all from james but be real now with me u see. riding thru a red light isnt as serious as many other tings

    remember Jesus said u cant say anything until u stop that urself. an adulter cant say to another why u doing that u see.

    my life is like that crazy train u see so i dont got much room to say to nobody nothing
    Last edited by Muzungu256; 1 Week Ago at 08:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    The Bible says not to compare ourselves by ourselves because and if we do., we are not wise. Sorry., don't have my concordance with me tonight.

  8. #8
    MrChris
    Guest

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzungu256 View Post
    there are levels to it u see. some things are more serious than others.
    i kno ppl like to quote if u break one u break all from james but be real now with me u see. riding thru a red light isnt as serious as many other tings

    remember Jesus said u cant say anything until u stop that urself. an adulter cant say to another why u doing that u see.

    my life is like that crazy train u see so i dont got much room to say to nobody nothing
    It's called the butterfly effect, there's no small occurrence.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    I think we should all stop judging other people because they sin differently than us.

    Your thoughts?
    i disagree

    i think its wise to know your friends from enemies and be vigilant

    but to act according to the fruits of the Holy spirit towards both

    if God can change someone like me

    he can change the people who would do harm to me if given the chance too

  10. #10
    Senior Member OneFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    I think we should all stop judging other people because they sin differently than us.

    Your thoughts?
    We are never to judge a person, not even ourselves. But we are to always judge between right and wrong- in both ourselves and others. So it comes down to whether we should mention it or not, or correct it or not. It matters what your position is- a parent should correct their child, a teacher should correct their student, and a Christian should correct a fellow Christian IF they are spiritual enough, and gentle enough, and have the maturity to both not judge their soul (just their action), and strong enough to stand up to the influence and temptation to of getting entangled in the sin also.

    Ironically correcting others the proper way can be judged as 'judging' by those with less maturity and understanding. But God knows the thoughts and intentions of those He commands to correct others, and to snatch them away from the fires of hell- like the angel who took Lot by the hand out of Soddom and Gamorah right before its destruction. A spiritual person knows the difference, and will always be accused (harshly judged) by less spiritual people.
    Last edited by OneFaith; 1 Week Ago at 09:19 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ArtsieSteph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,967
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    36

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    I know for a fact that when it seems I judge someone for a sin, I tend to find myself tempted to do so some time later. And I asked God to forgive me for judging that person so harshly before. And I mean there are sins that God is pretty cut and dry about, "Thou shalt not murder." But we should in general I think have mercy on each other, especially with each other in the faith. Not condoning, but not judging or condemning either.
    MarcR, Desertsrose and joaniemarie like this.

  12. #12
    MrChris
    Guest

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsieSteph View Post
    I know for a fact that when it seems I judge someone for a sin, I tend to find myself tempted to do so some time later. And I asked God to forgive me for judging that person so harshly before. And I mean there are sins that God is pretty cut and dry about, "Thou shalt not murder." But we should in general I think have mercy on each other, especially with each other in the faith. Not condoning, but not judging or condemning either.
    Are judgemental thoughts transferrable? When you judge someone in your mind, are you going to get the same back.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,159
    Rep Power
    231

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Maybe it's hard being perfect WITHOUT feeling judgmental? I dunno.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  14. #14
    Senior Member ArtsieSteph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,967
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    36

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    Are judgemental thoughts transferrable? When you judge someone in your mind, are you going to get the same back.
    There's a verse that says judge not, lest ye also be judged. I think it's God basically saying that if you're gonna condemn someone you better be willing to be judged by the same stick.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    175

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    I think we should all stop judging other people because they sin differently than us. Your thoughts?
    Hi PC,


    I don't think problem has anything to do with others sinning in different ways. For the most part, I see the church looking the other way because they too have something in their life they don't want judged either.


    I think it needs to be more like when I judge you, how can I love you, therefore, how can I help you? A righteous judgment is motivated by a lovingkindness towards our brother or sister in Christ - we want to see them unbound by the enemy who has taken them captive to do his will. There's only misery ahead for the person who is in continuous willful sin. It hurts them and it hurts the church. As Paul said, a little leaven leaven's the whole lump. The leaven must be removed.


    The judging we're not to do is to condemn. The judging we are to do is righteous. It's believing the best of someone until all the facts are in. If they really are struggling with some sin in their life, out of care for them and caring for others, we need to speak with them. If I was in a continuous sin, I would want a loving brother or sister in the Lord to speak with me about it because they know it's hurting my walk with the Lord and with others who know what's going on, it's hurting them as well. The lack of discipline could cause others to stumble.


    If we really believe someone is taken in a fault, do we really KNOW this to be true or have we listened to gossip? If we know it to be true as fact, we should take them aside away from the crowd out of concern for them. We need to look to their well being. We need to pray with them and give them time to overcome whatever sin that has it's hold on them. They need some type of accountability so that someone is there for them and can help minister to them by counseling, prayer, whatever is needed for the situation that's effecting their life.


    There are scriptures that speak of how we handle a person who is sinning. The judgment is all redemptive, not accusatory or condemning.
    Ezekiel 18:23 Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord God, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    74
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    I think we should all stop judging other people because they sin differently than us.
    Another thread on sinning. Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion about "sinning differently". Anyhow all Christians need to judge themselves daily and leave the others to God. And the standard is the perfection of God and Christ. Not that of another Christian.

  17. #17
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    67
    Posts
    21,350
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    198

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    How does your comment relate to the OP?

    What does judging others have to do with knowing our friends or enemies?

    Seems to me the OP is speaking of judging the acts of others, as it relates to their salvation......not discerning if they are a friend or enemy, but, that may just be me.

    I don't understand what you are disagreeing with here......hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    i disagree

    i think its wise to know your friends from enemies and be vigilant

    but to act according to the fruits of the Holy spirit towards both

    if God can change someone like me

    he can change the people who would do harm to me if given the chance too
    pottersclay likes this.
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

  18. #18
    Senior Member pottersclay's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,636
    Rep Power
    97

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    I hope this will be a good discussion, if we don't all scramble for our fig leaves the Holy Spirit might teach us something here. Lol

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    How does your comment relate to the OP?

    What does judging others have to do with knowing our friends or enemies?

    Seems to me the OP is speaking of judging the acts of others, as it relates to their salvation......not discerning if they are a friend or enemy, but, that may just be me.

    I don't understand what you are disagreeing with here......hmm
    ohhh i made a judgement call and disagreed judging people in any way is wrong


    but i should have said i DO agree he is onto something

    i wouldnt be like "oh this person smokes cigarettes so there is no way hes a brother in Christ"


    but i would be like "this drug addict gang member doesnt show any care for others, and takes pride in the sins he lives in.... i shouldnt trust this man"

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Could be wrong????

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    ohhh i made a judgement call and disagreed judging people in any way is wrong


    but i should have said i DO agree he is onto something

    i wouldnt be like "oh this person smokes cigarettes so there is no way hes a brother in Christ"


    but i would be like "this drug addict gang member doesnt show any care for others, and takes pride in the sins he lives in.... i shouldnt trust this man"
    both of these are

    "judging other people because they sin differently than us"

    and the type of scenerios i was talking about

    sorry if i wasnt clear in my first post
    Desertsrose likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 6th, 2016, 05:58 PM
  2. Wrong is wrong even if it feels good it's still wrong!
    By Yet in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: January 8th, 2015, 02:34 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 21st, 2014, 11:13 PM
  5. Are deceptions wrong? (Are secrets wrong as well?)
    By thefightinglamb in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 27th, 2010, 10:55 PM