Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 894
Like Tree440Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

  1. #1
    Senior Member unobtrusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    864
    Rep Power
    17

    Default The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Concerning the signs of the times, are we supposed to be looking at the sky and the alignment of planets and stars, the sun and the moon?

    The sun and moon will not be darkened until after the tribulation is over, immediately before we are caught up into the clouds with Jesus. (Matthew 24:29-31)

    Concerning ourselves, shouldn’t we be looking instead at the last church age, of the Laodica, (Revelation 3:14-22) to see if our doctrines aligned with them, or are contrary to them?

    Shouldn’t we be looking at the signs Jesus gave in Matthew chapter 24, or are we looking at something different in order to exempt ourselves?

    And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (Matthew 24:3)


    loveme1, followjesus and beta like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,508
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    The end of the world is coming
    Proof?
    What should we be looking for
    Live a holy, sinless and obedient life, walk in the Spirit, in peace and love.

    That is how you will prepare for anything in the future. For a death in a car accident tomorrow or for the coming of Christ 50 years later.
    Do not be worried about many things - only one thing is needed (Lk 10:41-42).

  3. #3
    Senior Member FlSnookman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    I believe if we live as if the world was ending in 5 minutes and love one another and have faith in who God says we are and what He has done for us then if we indeed witness the "end of the world" we will be prepared for whatever may come. That said I do not believe we are in the end times. Every generation has said how bad it has become but that is because we as humans tend to look at history with rose colored glasses. The world is not at war, we are not dropping nuclear bombs on people, there are no mass plagues and there is enough food for everyone though greed and politics conspire to keep many hungry. Can we do better?? Of course. Are we living in the most healthy, peaceful time in the last 5000 years? Probably. I think we are better served to be thankful for what we have than to pine for a past that was never as rosy as we remember it to be.

  4. #4
    Senior Member unobtrusive's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    864
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by trofimus View Post
    Proof?

    Live a holy, sinless and obedient life, walk in the Spirit, in peace and love.

    That is how you will prepare for anything in the future. For a death in a car accident tomorrow or for the coming of Christ 50 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlSnookman7 View Post
    I believe if we live as if the world was ending in 5 minutes and love one another and have faith in who God says we are and what He has done for us then if we indeed witness the "end of the world" we will be prepared for whatever may come. That said I do not believe we are in the end times. Every generation has said how bad it has become but that is because we as humans tend to look at history with rose colored glasses. The world is not at war, we are not dropping nuclear bombs on people, there are no mass plagues and there is enough food for everyone though greed and politics conspire to keep many hungry. Can we do better?? Of course. Are we living in the most healthy, peaceful time in the last 5000 years? Probably. I think we are better served to be thankful for what we have than to pine for a past that was never as rosy as we remember it to be.
    Are we not instructed to look for the signs? What does our Lord and Saviour tell us to look for so we know how close is coming is?
    Last edited by unobtrusive; October 7th, 2017 at 02:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,508
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post
    Are we not instructed to look for the signs? What does our Lord and Saviour tell us to look for so we know how close is coming is?
    Are we not instructed to build the Ark?

    Everything has its context.

    Are there any instructions about searching for the sings in the letters of apostles written to the common Church?
    Angela53510 and FlSnookman7 like this.
    Do not be worried about many things - only one thing is needed (Lk 10:41-42).

  6. #6
    Senior Member Muzungu256's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    960
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    september 23rd false prediction just passed, no rapture happened......... now lets wait for the prophecy experts to come up with the next $ign...... i think floyd mayweather needa start signing some of these guys to "the money team"..... money money money money teaamm!

  7. #7
    Senior Member FlSnookman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    I'm thinking of starting a rapture insurance agency....

  8. #8
    He_reigns
    Guest

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post
    Concerning the signs of the times, are we supposed to be looking at the sky and the alignment of planets and stars, the sun and the moon?

    The sun and moon will not be darkened until after the tribulation is over, immediately before we are caught up into the clouds with Jesus. (Matthew 24:29-31)

    Concerning ourselves, shouldn’t we be looking instead at the last church age, of the Laodica, (Revelation 3:14-22) to see if our doctrines aligned with them, or are contrary to them?

    Shouldn’t we be looking at the signs Jesus gave in Matthew chapter 24, or are we looking at something different in order to exempt ourselves?

    And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (Matthew 24:3)


    I see the following happening.

    1) The desolation of Syria as described in Isaiah 17
    2) The love of many is growing cold[many here is the church, not the world]
    3) Many are coming in Christ name and leading many astray
    4) The formation of the 10 kingdoms continues.
    4a) Direct evidence of this is the push of cryptocurrency like bitcoin & Ethereum
    4b) Hacking and data breaches
    4c) Emergence of smart tattoos

    It has to get worse than now before the end comes. Pray the Lord of the Harvest that he send laborers.
    dcontroversal and unobtrusive like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post
    Concerning the signs of the times, are we supposed to be looking at the sky and the alignment of planets and stars, the sun and the moon?
    No, Christians are not to be looking at (or for) any signs in the heavens. We have been given a commission -- the Great Commission -- and that is our primary responsibility and focus.

    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

    19
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:


    20
    Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

    15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

    16
    He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

    45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

    46
    And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:


    47
    And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.


    48
    And ye are witnesses of these things.


    49
    And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

    7 And he said unto them,It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

    8
    But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.


    Did you notice that? It is not for you to know the times or the seasons. This applies as much to us as it did to the apostles.

  10. #10
    Senior Member peacefulbeliever's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2012
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,480
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
    Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:2
    Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad. Pro. 12:25
    Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Ps. 19:14
    The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Ps. 33:11
    We learn to walk spiritually the same way we learn to walk physically-by walking.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?


    Christ will return when the Father tells Him it is time...be
    that a minute from now or 1000 years yet to go.....M
    AN does not know….

    Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
    Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

    Don’t WORRY about the future......
    LIVE TODAY...
    .BUT….
    .be PREPARED to face your creator at your judgment....
    because .we are not promised tomorrow


    The God inspired scriptures tell us that GOD IS LOVE & that is very true,
    but those same God inspired scriptures warn us of His wrath as well,
    toward those who refuse to be in obedience to Him. (Heb. 5:9)


    It is better to live for Christ NOW than to WISH you had when you face Him on the judgment day.

    Matthew 10:33 But WHOSOEVER shall deny ME before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

    You may tie your shoe strings in the morning,
    but the UNDERTAKER may UN-tie them before night…
    .are you REALLY sure you are ready to face your Creator and eternity?

    Just some things to ponder.....have a blessed day












  12. #12
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,827
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    266

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Jesus said the sign of the coming of the Son of Man in the heavens........

  13. #13
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,247
    Rep Power
    267

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post
    Are we not instructed to look for the signs? What does our Lord and Saviour tell us to look for so we know how close is coming is?
    To whom was Jesus speaking when He said those words? That's right, people standing right in front of Him, listening to Him at that very moment. And why would He try to confuse them, leaving them thinking He was a madman, by telling them to look for things that would not happen for 2,000 more years?
    Angela53510, Jimbone and Locutus like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  14. #14
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,827
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    266

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    To whom was Jesus speaking when He said those words? That's right, people standing right in front of Him, listening to Him at that very moment. And why would He try to confuse them, leaving them thinking He was a madman, by telling them to look for things that would not happen for 2,000 more years?
    JESUS did not know the time of his coming and his general instruction was given to his churches...because which ever church was in existence when he did come the words would be applicable unto that generation......

  15. #15
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,247
    Rep Power
    267

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    JESUS did not know the time of his coming and his general instruction was given to his churches...because which ever church was in existence when he did come the words would be applicable unto that generation......
    It's a shame He didn't know how to say such a simple thing. (Because He was not telling them about the end of the world.)
    Locutus likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  16. #16
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,235
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    227

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    To whom was Jesus speaking when He said those words? That's right, people standing right in front of Him, listening to Him at that very moment. And why would He try to confuse them, leaving them thinking He was a madman, by telling them to look for things that would not happen for 2,000 more years?
    One of Jesus' titles is a prophet.

    Prophets gave short term and long term prophecies. If the short term one didn't happen the people knew he was a false prophet.

    EVERY prophecy was originally told to the people who were contemporary to the prophet.

    I've heard you make this point several times. I don't know why you think it's significant.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Locutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2017
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,794
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    There is no end of the world, only a end of the age which came in the generation that heard Jesus speak.

    Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,247
    Rep Power
    267

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    One of Jesus' titles is a prophet.

    Prophets gave short term and long term prophecies. If the short term one didn't happen the people knew he was a false prophet.

    EVERY prophecy was originally told to the people who were contemporary to the prophet.

    I've heard you make this point several times. I don't know why you think it's significant.
    No, I imagine you don't.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  19. #19
    Senior Member KALYNA18's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    913
    Blog Entries
    156
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    This is not the answer but what I think we should look for. In a dark world, where hated is deeping between people, and John 17 :15 Jesus says, keep them from the evil one, the Lord's prayer says "lead me not into temptation, and deliver me from evil. I know that we should be looking for the light, to continue to walk the straight and narrow. The light of the world is Jesus, he said, " I am the light of the world, he that knowth not the light, walketh in darkness, and dosn't know where he is going, "this means to me spiritiually, we need to be lead by the holy spirit, and keep our lamps full of the oil of that holy spirit," thy word is a light unto my path, and a lamp unto my feet. There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of that way leads to death. I believe we need to look for his light, let it shine in our hearts, lead us, draw close to him in prayer. "For many shall fall away."
    stillness likes this.
    ]Colossians 3:3 { For you have died, your dead, and your life is hidden with Christ safely guarded by God.

    Proverbs 23:7 { As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he}

    Joshua 1:7 { Be strong and very courageous}​

    Luke 10:19 { I have given you Authority}

  20. #20
    Senior Member Locutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2017
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,794
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: The end of the world is coming. What should we be looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post
    And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (Matthew 24:3)
    If you insist on using the KJV - then you are stuck with a contradiction with what Paul said:

    Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
    Willie-T likes this.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is the world really coming to and end?
    By selenah in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 12:55 PM
  2. World War III is Coming!
    By Depleted in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: March 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM
  3. New here: Coming from psychic world
    By Elsie0425 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 14th, 2014, 07:49 AM
  4. why? is the world not interested in the coming?
    By wakeup in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM