Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree20Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…
    Deuteronomy 28:2
    - OCTOBER 11 -
    JESUS IS YOUR QUALIFICATION FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS




    God loves to bless you. He has even declared that “blessings shall come upon you and overtake you”. This means that you can’t run fast enough to escape them! When you turn one corner, there is a blessing waiting for you. When you turn another corner, you run smack into another blessing!

    Now, you may think that you don’t qualify for God’s blessings because of the preceding verse which says that these blessings will come to pass only if you diligently obey God’s voice and keep all of His commandments. You know that no matter how hard you try, you just cannot keep all of God’s commandments. In fact, the Bible says that if you fail to keep just one commandment, you fail to keep all. (James 2:10)

    My friend, I have good news for you: Jesus is the one who qualifies us for every single blessing because He has kept all of God’s commandments. When He died for us on the cross, He not only fulfilled all of God’s commandments, He also redeemed us from the curse of the law. (Galatians 3:13) Note that He did not redeem us from the blessings of the law, so the blessings are still ours today!


    As you read the list of blessings in Deuteronomy 28, starting with “Blessed shall you be in the city…in the country…the fruit of your body…your basket…when you come in…when you go out…” (Deuteronomy 28:3–13), I believe that Jesus is saying to you, “Like the blessings? Then take them by faith!”


    You may say, “But I don’t deserve them.” Yes, you don’t deserve them, but you still get them because of Jesus. That is God’s grace! The law says, “You must deserve the blessings.” But the law is no longer here. Grace is here. So take the blessings by grace through faith. Believe God for the blessings.


    Today, it is no longer a question of how much or how well you have kept God’s commandments. It is a question of how much you can believe God for His blessings. All the promises of God in Christ are “Yes”, and because you are in Christ, you can say “Amen!” to His blessings! (2 Corinthians 1:20)

    Destined To Reign Daily Devotional by Pastor Joseph Prince

    FlSnookman7 and Solemateleft like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2014
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,108
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…
    Deuteronomy 28:2
    - OCTOBER 11 -
    JESUS IS YOUR QUALIFICATION FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS




    God loves to bless you. He has even declared that “blessings shall come upon you and overtake you”. This means that you can’t run fast enough to escape them! When you turn one corner, there is a blessing waiting for you. When you turn another corner, you run smack into another blessing!

    Now, you may think that you don’t qualify for God’s blessings because of the preceding verse which says that these blessings will come to pass only if you diligently obey God’s voice and keep all of His commandments. You know that no matter how hard you try, you just cannot keep all of God’s commandments. In fact, the Bible says that if you fail to keep just one commandment, you fail to keep all. (James 2:10)

    My friend, I have good news for you: Jesus is the one who qualifies us for every single blessing because He has kept all of God’s commandments. When He died for us on the cross, He not only fulfilled all of God’s commandments, He also redeemed us from the curse of the law. (Galatians 3:13) Note that He did not redeem us from the blessings of the law, so the blessings are still ours today!


    As you read the list of blessings in Deuteronomy 28, starting with “Blessed shall you be in the city…in the country…the fruit of your body…your basket…when you come in…when you go out…” (Deuteronomy 28:3–13), I believe that Jesus is saying to you, “Like the blessings? Then take them by faith!”


    You may say, “But I don’t deserve them.” Yes, you don’t deserve them, but you still get them because of Jesus. That is God’s grace! The law says, “You must deserve the blessings.” But the law is no longer here. Grace is here. So take the blessings by grace through faith. Believe God for the blessings.


    Today, it is no longer a question of how much or how well you have kept God’s commandments. It is a question of how much you can believe God for His blessings. All the promises of God in Christ are “Yes”, and because you are in Christ, you can say “Amen!” to His blessings! (2 Corinthians 1:20)

    Destined To Reign Daily Devotional by Pastor Joseph Prince
    is that mean you used Jesus qualification?

    Jesus only cover you if you believe and repent. Our sin cover when we repent, if we do killing or robing or raping every day, Jesus won't cover, we not qualified. We have to believe in Jesus, and believe mean believe His teaching
    Angela53510 likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Jackson., we don't deserve anything we have but we have all things in Christ pertaining to life and godliness. No., that is not fair but it's the way the Love of God IN Christ works. We get what we do not deserve today and forever.

    That is because Jesus is our qualification and we attain the things He has freely given us by faith. Not only for salvation but for our walk as believers. We are walking as Christians the same way we became Christians.... by grace through faith.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION



    God wants to bless us but often times we don't feel we deserve it so we won't take from Him. But this actually has stopped His hand of blessings and directions from flowing in my life. This attitude of unbelief in all His provisions for me has caused the very thing I feared to come to pass.. being without His provisions and having to fend for myself.

    So now learning to rest in Him and His provision for everything (most especially for righteousness) is the rest I believe Hebrews speaks of having for the people of God. There is NO rest for us otherwise.

    God doesn't force us to believe Him. I often wished He did so I didn't have to learn this "new manner of living" as it is on the job training. But that is how it works. Faith is a choice and it's on us to take the step out into the ocean of God's love and grace and will and blessings.

    I've also discovered God rewards us for believing Him! He rewards us for taking the grace He gives us! He uses our daily lives to show us how He not only has provided for us spiritually but also materially in every way. Pertaining to life and godliness.

    He knows we need to be encouraged daily because we are learning how to walk in the Spirit of life that sets us free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

    How is it we as Christians don't expect God to maintain us right now as His children? Why do we spiritualise everything to the point of not expecting Jesus to take care of our most basic needs in life while here on earth?

    Our minds are in need of being renewed by a transformation. How can we trust if we can't expect Him to take care of our most simple basic of needs today? I put out there we cannot learn unless we see His hand in our lives. We follow the Shepherd because He takes care of us his sheep. What He began He will finish. We love Him because He FIRST loved us. He shows us how much He loves us by example and we learn how to love Him back by watching and experiencing His love for us. He graciously loves us apart from what we do or deserve.

    That is a major shock that we get His love as undeserving as we are. Learning to walk by faith in the finished work of Jesus is about always looking to Jesus and never to my own works of worthiness. When I begin to see myself in any light of being deserving., I start to walk in my own righteousness and cut myself off from the manifold blessings of God including His leading because I'm no longer acknowledging Him in all my ways.


    This is written as I'm going through the journey of trusting Him again apart from what my eyes are seeing. Faith in His love for me each tiny step at a time is being met by His provision. Learning how to lay out all my needs and inability to make a way on my own before Him so I can continue to boldly step again out into the unknown is exciting. Walking by faith is an expectation of His answer in favor of me. In favor of His taking opportunity where I step aside. Giving God opportunity to show up in my life ever so personally and privately.

    And knowing that He does this for all His children and is no respecter of persons. His condition in this new covenant is we walk by faith. He has made a covenant with us and He always is true to His word.
    Solemateleft likes this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2017
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    [QUOTE=joaniemarie;3306306][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220templateContainer, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…
    Deuteronomy 28:2
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContent"]- OCTOBER 11 -
    JESUS IS YOUR QUALIFICATION FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS




    God loves to bless you. He has even declared that “blessings shall come upon you and overtake you”. This means that you can’t run fast enough to escape them! When you turn one corner, there is a blessing waiting for you. When you turn another corner, you run smack into another blessing!

    Now, you may think that you don’t qualify for God’s blessings because of the preceding verse which says that these blessings will come to pass only if you diligently obey God’s voice and keep all of His commandments. You know that no matter how hard you try, you just cannot keep all of God’s commandments. In fact, the Bible says that if you fail to keep just one commandment, you fail to keep all. (James 2:10)

    My friend, I have good news for you: Jesus is the one who qualifies us for every single blessing because He has kept all of God’s commandments. When He died for us on the cross, He not only fulfilled all of God’s commandments, He also redeemed us from the curse of the law. (Galatians 3:13) Note that He did not redeem us from the blessings of the law, so the blessings are still ours today!

    [B][B]
    Last edited by TrueHebrew3; 3 Days Ago at 09:31 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2017
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    [QUOTE=joaniemarie;3306306][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220templateContainer, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…
    Deuteronomy 28:2
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContent"]- OCTOBER 11 -
    JESUS IS YOUR QUALIFICATION FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS





    You really don't believe that Deuteronomy is pertaining to all people. This is about the blessings and curses pertain to the children of Israel, how offensive.

    Deut 28:68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

    In case you don't know what he means by the word Egypt, let me give you a verse or two or three to explain

    Exodus 13:3 KJV - And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.

    Exodus 13:14 KJV - And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:

    Deuteronomy 8:14 KJV - Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;

    You say, you don't have to keep the laws and commandments, that's not biblical. You have to keep the laws and commandments that's why a lot of people on the sight does not understand the bible. You don't know how to rightly divide the word of truth. There is only one group of people that the book of Deuteronomy pertains to, as a matter of fact the bible belongs to one group of people, but the world is always stealing from them.
    Deut 28:68 is talking about whoever went into slavery by way of ship and once they got off of the ship they were sold as bondmen and bondwomen. This happneed in America in 1816.
    Last edited by TrueHebrew3; 3 Days Ago at 09:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2017
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    [QUOTE=TrueHebrew3;3307125]
    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    [TABLE="class: yiv6109852220templateContainer, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…
    Deuteronomy 28:2
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContent"]- OCTOBER 11 -
    JESUS IS YOUR QUALIFICATION FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS





    You really don't believe that Deuteronomy is pertaining to all people. This is about the blessings and curses pertain to the children of Israel, how offensive.

    Deut 28:68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

    In case you don't know what he means by the word Egypt, let me give you a verse or two or three to explain

    Exodus 13:3 KJV - And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.

    Exodus 13:14 KJV - And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:

    Deuteronomy 8:14 KJV - Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;

    You say, you don't have to keep the laws and commandments, that's not biblical. You have to keep the laws and commandments that's why a lot of people on the sight does not understand the bible. You don't know how to rightly divide the word of truth. There is only one group of people that the book of Deuteronomy pertains to, as a matter of fact the bible belongs to one group of people, but the world is always stealing from them.
    Deut 28:68 is talking about whoever went into slavery by way of ship and once they got off of the ship they were sold as bondmen and bondwomen. This happneed in America in 1816.
    Site not sight

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    [QUOTE=TrueHebrew3;3307125]
    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    [TABLE="class: yiv6109852220templateContainer, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…
    Deuteronomy 28:2
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: yiv6109852220mcnTextContent"]- OCTOBER 11 -
    JESUS IS YOUR QUALIFICATION FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS





    You really don't believe that Deuteronomy is pertaining to all people. This is about the blessings and curses pertain to the children of Israel, how offensive.

    Deut 28:68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

    In case you don't know what he means by the word Egypt, let me give you a verse or two or three to explain

    Exodus 13:3 KJV - And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.

    Exodus 13:14 KJV - And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:

    Deuteronomy 8:14 KJV - Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;

    You say, you don't have to keep the laws and commandments, that's not biblical. You have to keep the laws and commandments that's why a lot of people on the sight does not understand the bible. You don't know how to rightly divide the word of truth. There is only one group of people that the book of Deuteronomy pertains to, as a matter of fact the bible belongs to one group of people, but the world is always stealing from them.
    Deut 28:68 is talking about whoever went into slavery by way of ship and once they got off of the ship they were sold as bondmen and bondwomen. This happneed in America in 1816.


    ​I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    74
    Posts
    1,348
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    As you read the list of blessings in Deuteronomy 28, starting with “Blessed shall you be in the city…in the country…the fruit of your body…your basket…when you come in…when you go out…” (Deuteronomy 28:3–13), I believe that Jesus is saying to you, “Like the blessings? Then take them by faith!”
    Yet more false doctrine from Joseph Prince. Taking things totally out of context and creating his own theology.

    TO WHOM WAS THIS ADDRESSED?
    And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the LORD thy God.(Deut 27:9)

    These shall stand upon mount Gerizim to bless the people, when ye are come over Jordan; Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benjamin
    (Deut 27:12)

    And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse; Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali. (Deut 27:13)

    WERE THE CURSES LISTED FIRST? ABSOLUTELY
    Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen... (Deut 27:14-26).

    WERE THE BLESSING CONDITIONAL UPON OBEDIENCE AND LISTED AFTER? ABSOLUTELY
    And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. (Deut 28:1,2)
    Angela53510 likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Yet more false doctrine from Joseph Prince. Taking things totally out of context and creating his own theology.

    TO WHOM WAS THIS ADDRESSED?
    And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the LORD thy God.(Deut 27:9)

    These shall stand upon mount Gerizim to bless the people, when ye are come over Jordan; Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benjamin
    (Deut 27:12)

    And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse; Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali. (Deut 27:13)

    WERE THE CURSES LISTED FIRST? ABSOLUTELY
    Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen... (Deut 27:14-26).

    WERE THE BLESSING CONDITIONAL UPON OBEDIENCE AND LISTED AFTER? ABSOLUTELY
    And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. (Deut 28:1,2)


    You are still living according to the old covenant of the law. In the new covenant., "faith" is the condition not works of the laws written on tablets of stone. Obedience of "faith" is the condition under the new covenant. This is where we are now and if you are not there yet., you need to step over into the new covenant and get out of the old covenant of law.

    We have been given the blessings and not the curses. Jesus met the all the requirements of a Holy God and because we are IN Him., so have we. Welcome to the new covenant Nehemiah.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2017
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    [QUOTE=joaniemarie;3307315]
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHebrew3 View Post



    ​I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say.
    I bet you don't

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION



    Be blessed and learn something about the new covenant you are in and may not even have known you were in it. I don't understand why any Christian here would fight this good news of the new covenant. We all have things to learn every day when we read the Bible. And yes., it is possible to still be learning some things about our salvation that we didn't know before.





    Salvation in the old covenant hinged on your perfect law-keeping performance; in the new, salvation is a work of God. This is why it’s called good news – it’s an announcement of a finished work. It is the declaration that God’s saving power is available to all who would receive it. And what power! It can literally turn a sinner into a saint, or a dead man into a living one…


    (11) I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. (Joh 5:24, NIV)


    Prior to the cross we were subject to the law of sin and death but now there’s a new law in town! The law of the Spirit of life means we can live free from sin and all its fatal effects. Jesus didn’t merely save us from our sins; He gave us new life. How do we enjoy this new life? By trusting in the one called Mr. Grace…


    (10) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (Joh 1:14, KJV)


    If Jesus only brought truth, we would all be dead meat, but since He came full of “grace and truth” we have abounding life! Truth without grace (e.g., old covenant law) is a hammer; but truth with grace is good news for the poor and needy.


    (9) I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love! (Jer 31:3, MSG)


    Most people are surprised to find this scripture in the Bible, but that’s what everlasting love is. It is love that never quits. As Paul said, “Love is patient, love endures.” That means God will never give up on you! He loved you into existence, He loved you when you were a sinner, and He will always love you. You cannot exaggerate the love of God. What does this have to do with the new covenant? Everything! The new covenant expresses the loving-kindness of our Father. Since God never changes, this explains why the new covenant is sometimes called “the eternal covenant” (Heb 13:20).


    (8) “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Is 54:10, NIV)


    See? I told you it was an eternal covenant. Unlike the old covenant which stands on the brittle promises of men, the new covenant is underwritten by the unshakeable oath of God. You can take His words to the bank! And that probably explains why Isaiah 54:10 is the most popular prophecy on GraceQuotes.com.

    (7) God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Cor 5:21, NIV)

    You’ve got to love the math of the new covenant: How many sins did Jesus commit before He was made sin? None. And how many righteous acts did we do before we were made righteous? None. God did it all! We are merely the grateful beneficiaries of His mighty work.


    (6) If God is for us, who can be against us? Certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all! He gave us his Son—will he not also freely give us all things? Who will accuse God’s chosen people? God himself declares them not guilty! (Rom 8:31-33, GNB)


    In the old covenant, the law stood against us but in the new, God is for us. God is for us! God is for us!


    (5) How great is God’s love for all who worship him? Greater than the distance between heaven and earth! How far has the LORD taken our sins from us? Farther than the distance from east to west! (Psalm 103:11-12, CEV)


    Preachers who are confused about what happened on the cross will look at this list and say, “You are not emphasizing sin enough!” That’s because it’s hard to talk about something that Jesus has done away with. Jesus is here; our sins are there. They have been removed as far as the east is from the west. This is what it means to be completely forgiven! In the old you examined yourself for sin, but in the new you examine the Lamb without blemish. You want to fix sin? Then preach grace. Grace is the cure for sin.


    (4) I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20, NIV)


    That’s the key to Christian living right there. It’s not about sweating for Jesus or improving the flesh, but resting in His finished work. Reckon yourself dead to sin and alive to Christ and live!


    (3) Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! Through Christ, God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing that heaven has to offer. (Eph 1:3, GWT)


    I have listed the top 12 blessings of the new covenant elsewhere. Rather than repeat them here, I’ll just echo Paul who says that we have been blessed with everything! If God has already given us His Son, what will He withhold from us? Nothing! (I love answering rhetorical questions raised by the gospel.)


    (2) Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how
    to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me–watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly. (Mt 11:28-30, MSG)


    I’d rather be married to Mr. Grace than that old perfectionist Mr. Law. Incidentally, this paraphrase of Jesus’ words is one of the most popular scriptures on GraceQuotes.com. Nice work Eugene Peterson!


    (1) The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. (Luk 4:18-19, NIV)


    And that year of favor will prove to be the longest year in history! It’s 2000 years long and counting. It will never end!





  13. #13
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    74
    Posts
    1,348
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    You are still living according to the old covenant of the law.

    And on what grounds could you make such a PREPOSTEROUS assertion? It is very significant that you could not even discern how Prince takes things out of context and concocts his own theology. Do you even understand what context means in Scripture? The blessings and curses in Deuteronomy were strictly for the twelve tribes of Israel, and I quoted the exact references to establish that. Instead of thanking me for pointing out the nonsense posted by Prince, you have made a wild accusation about me -- a Christian -- living under the Old Covenant. Do you even realize how Prince has warped your mind?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post


    Be blessed and learn something about the new covenant you are in and may not even have known you were in it. I don't understand why any Christian here would fight this good news of the new covenant. We all have things to learn every day when we read the Bible. And yes., it is possible to still be learning some things about our salvation that we didn't know before.





    Salvation in the old covenant hinged on your perfect law-keeping performance; in the new, salvation is a work of God. This is why it’s called good news – it’s an announcement of a finished work. It is the declaration that God’s saving power is available to all who would receive it. And what power! It can literally turn a sinner into a saint, or a dead man into a living one…


    (11) I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. (Joh 5:24, NIV)


    Prior to the cross we were subject to the law of sin and death but now there’s a new law in town! The law of the Spirit of life means we can live free from sin and all its fatal effects. Jesus didn’t merely save us from our sins; He gave us new life. How do we enjoy this new life? By trusting in the one called Mr. Grace…


    (10) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (Joh 1:14, KJV)


    If Jesus only brought truth, we would all be dead meat, but since He came full of “grace and truth” we have abounding life! Truth without grace (e.g., old covenant law) is a hammer; but truth with grace is good news for the poor and needy.


    (9) I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love! (Jer 31:3, MSG)


    Most people are surprised to find this scripture in the Bible, but that’s what everlasting love is. It is love that never quits. As Paul said, “Love is patient, love endures.” That means God will never give up on you! He loved you into existence, He loved you when you were a sinner, and He will always love you. You cannot exaggerate the love of God. What does this have to do with the new covenant? Everything! The new covenant expresses the loving-kindness of our Father. Since God never changes, this explains why the new covenant is sometimes called “the eternal covenant” (Heb 13:20).


    (8) “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Is 54:10, NIV)


    See? I told you it was an eternal covenant. Unlike the old covenant which stands on the brittle promises of men, the new covenant is underwritten by the unshakeable oath of God. You can take His words to the bank! And that probably explains why Isaiah 54:10 is the most popular prophecy on GraceQuotes.com.

    (7) God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Cor 5:21, NIV)

    You’ve got to love the math of the new covenant: How many sins did Jesus commit before He was made sin? None. And how many righteous acts did we do before we were made righteous? None. God did it all! We are merely the grateful beneficiaries of His mighty work.


    (6) If God is for us, who can be against us? Certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all! He gave us his Son—will he not also freely give us all things? Who will accuse God’s chosen people? God himself declares them not guilty! (Rom 8:31-33, GNB)


    In the old covenant, the law stood against us but in the new, God is for us. God is for us! God is for us!


    (5) How great is God’s love for all who worship him? Greater than the distance between heaven and earth! How far has the LORD taken our sins from us? Farther than the distance from east to west! (Psalm 103:11-12, CEV)


    Preachers who are confused about what happened on the cross will look at this list and say, “You are not emphasizing sin enough!” That’s because it’s hard to talk about something that Jesus has done away with. Jesus is here; our sins are there. They have been removed as far as the east is from the west. This is what it means to be completely forgiven! In the old you examined yourself for sin, but in the new you examine the Lamb without blemish. You want to fix sin? Then preach grace. Grace is the cure for sin.


    (4) I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20, NIV)


    That’s the key to Christian living right there. It’s not about sweating for Jesus or improving the flesh, but resting in His finished work. Reckon yourself dead to sin and alive to Christ and live!


    (3) Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! Through Christ, God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing that heaven has to offer. (Eph 1:3, GWT)


    I have listed the top 12 blessings of the new covenant elsewhere. Rather than repeat them here, I’ll just echo Paul who says that we have been blessed with everything! If God has already given us His Son, what will He withhold from us? Nothing! (I love answering rhetorical questions raised by the gospel.)


    (2) Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how
    to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me–watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly. (Mt 11:28-30, MSG)


    I’d rather be married to Mr. Grace than that old perfectionist Mr. Law. Incidentally, this paraphrase of Jesus’ words is one of the most popular scriptures on GraceQuotes.com. Nice work Eugene Peterson!


    (1) The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. (Luk 4:18-19, NIV)


    And that year of favor will prove to be the longest year in history! It’s 2000 years long and counting. It will never end!





    Nehemiah., your insults are preposterous. I answered your wrong interpretation of those old testament verses in light of what is being discussed about the new covenant and gave you some information that would have helped you better understand the new covenant but you chose to totally ignore me.

    You keep trying to establish me as someone who doesn't understand the Bible or what I believe but you can't. For I know Whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day. So I won't stoop to insulting you Nehemiah. But I will correct you because you need it.

    Here is the post again concerning the old and new covenant and maybe you will take the time to read and learn something. If not than it's your loss. I can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.



    Last edited by joaniemarie; 3 Days Ago at 06:02 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member notmyown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,802
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post


    ​I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say.
    if i'm not mistaken, she's saying the promises pertain only to those of African descent.



    Angela53510 likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Issachar92's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    by Pastor Joseph Prince
    This guy says that some of Jesus’ words in the gospels fall under the old covenant and others are in the the new covenant. Dont even realize how a testament works.

    7seasrekeyed likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Issackar that is soooooooooo childish and petty. I wonder sometimes if I'm posting with adults here. You don't like what someone believes and posts so you post that picture of garbage burning.

    Let's take a look at what is realllly being said and not what you jumped to the conclusion has been said. After the cross EVERYTHING changed. The veil was ripped in two so the way to God was open through Christ... not works... The covenant of law was replaced by the covenant of grace... The Holy Spirit came when Jesus left. Believers now have THE new and living way. So much more I've only named a few major things that changed.

    I already posted about the new covenant but you obviously didn't read it. Instead you got childish.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Angela53510's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2011
    Age
    64
    Posts
    8,922
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    267

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    Nehemiah., your insults are preposterous. I answered your wrong interpretation of those old testament verses in light of what is being discussed about the new covenant and gave you some information that would have helped you better understand the new covenant but you chose to totally ignore me.

    You keep trying to establish me as someone who doesn't understand the Bible or what I believe but you can't. For I know Whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day. So I won't stoop to insulting you Nehemiah. But I will correct you because you need it.

    Here is the post again concerning the old and new covenant and maybe you will take the time to read and learn something. If not than it's your loss. I can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.

    Seriously, have you ever read the Bible? Do you have a clue what is being dealt with in Deut. 28? It is the last speech of Moses to his people before they cross into the Promised Land without him, and it contains warnings and blessings. The warnings are what will happen if they do not obey God! The blessings are if the Israelites obey God.

    Don't believe me? (I know Nehemiah already posted this, but from a different angle! Actually not! Just the same verses, in context, again!!)

    "And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God." Deut. 28:1-2

    Do you see the conditions here? This IS the Old Testament, the Old Covenant. There are conditions for blessings!! Why is that not in this terrrible, out-of-context devotional? He really preys on those who do not know the Bible well, and do not know how to correctly divide the word, doesn't he?

    Joseph Prince is no more a teacher than my pre-school grandchildren. He has no clue how to do anything but read his false theology into the Bible, and not read it in context.

    No need to correct anyone Joanie Marie! Just stop posting this heretical, horrendous devotionals by one of the biggest deceivers in modern times! I have yet to read one of these ridiculous devotionals you post that do not have HUGE exegetical errors, and point the way to serious heresy, instead of to God.

    You know when I will believe you have read the Bible, Joanie, when you start posting things in your own words, instead of the words of your guru/cult leader. The one with no understanding of hermeneutics or exegetics, who instead posts eisegesis, meant only to support his heresies, which you have fallen for, hook, line and sinker.

    Sorry to be so harsh, but this was just terrrible. Why don't you post in your own words, as I have been urging you to do through 2 profiles? Instead, you put Joseph Prince on a pedestal, and you are so rigid and entrenched in his heresy, you probably never even think to read the verses in context, because, hey, JP is a god, so everything he says must be right! So sad the way you have been caught in this terrible heretical cult.
    "And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." 2 Cor. 12:9 NASB

  19. #19
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela53510 View Post
    Seriously, have you ever read the Bible? Do you have a clue what is being dealt with in Deut. 28? It is the last speech of Moses to his people before they cross into the Promised Land without him, and it contains warnings and blessings. The warnings are what will happen if they do not obey God! The blessings are if the Israelites obey God.

    Don't believe me? (I know Nehemiah already posted this, but from a different angle! Actually not! Just the same verses, in context, again!!)

    "And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God." Deut. 28:1-2

    Do you see the conditions here? This IS the Old Testament, the Old Covenant. There are conditions for blessings!! Why is that not in this terrrible, out-of-context devotional? He really preys on those who do not know the Bible well, and do not know how to correctly divide the word, doesn't he?

    Joseph Prince is no more a teacher than my pre-school grandchildren. He has no clue how to do anything but read his false theology into the Bible, and not read it in context.

    No need to correct anyone Joanie Marie! Just stop posting this heretical, horrendous devotionals by one of the biggest deceivers in modern times! I have yet to read one of these ridiculous devotionals you post that do not have HUGE exegetical errors, and point the way to serious heresy, instead of to God.

    You know when I will believe you have read the Bible, Joanie, when you start posting things in your own words, instead of the words of your guru/cult leader. The one with no understanding of hermeneutics or exegetics, who instead posts eisegesis, meant only to support his heresies, which you have fallen for, hook, line and sinker.

    Sorry to be so harsh, but this was just terrrible. Why don't you post in your own words, as I have been urging you to do through 2 profiles? Instead, you put Joseph Prince on a pedestal, and you are so rigid and entrenched in his heresy, you probably never even think to read the verses in context, because, hey, JP is a god, so everything he says must be right! So sad the way you have been caught in this terrible heretical cult.

    actually you are wrong

    Prince is a teacher

    a false teacher

    and hysterics and emotional outbursts on the part of some who follow him will not change it

    but you know that
    Angela53510 likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: JESUS IS OUR QUALIFICATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Issachar92 View Post
    This guy says that some of Jesus’ words in the gospels fall under the old covenant and others are in the the new covenant. Dont even realize how a testament works.


    yeah well, that flu has been making the rounds of the forums here and was introduced some months back

    I believe Ellis teaches this and the attitude of those who follow this teaching becomes vividly arrogant the more you point out the contradictions

    some become arrogant and some go ballistic and toss emotional hand grenades...all symptoms of the flu of doctrines of demons
    Angela53510 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Qualification of a bishop/pastor.
    By Persuaded in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: October 31st, 2016, 04:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 14th, 2015, 07:27 AM
  3. Should drug addiction be non negotiable qualification in finding a husband?
    By Tinkerbell725 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 27th, 2015, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM