Page 158 of 439 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 8778
Like Tree5512Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

  1. #3141


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Yet you only ask the questions as a diversion to try and change the topic of discussion from the OP and the scriptures posted.

    I have already said to you 3 times already I am happy to continue answering your questions by the GRACE of GOD if you promise to answer my questions that you ignore. You have ignored me 3 times even on this request. So until you agree to answer my questions I have stopped answering yours.

    What you have written above is your own divising and is not true as to what I believe as you do not know what I believe because I have not answered your question.

    If you do not know what I believe how can you say things that are not true if I have given you no such answer? If I have given you no such answer to your question then are you not spreading lies as to what I believe?

    ..............

    Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who LOVES us.
    Double speak.

    We know very well what you believe, as has been shown to you many times, and it is not the truth.
    Last edited by PS; January 3rd, 2018 at 04:10 PM.
    mailmandan likes this.
    Salvation is by faith alone. No man should judge regarding meat, holy days, festivals and the
    Sabbath (Col 2:16). Our rest is in Jesus (Mat 11:28) he is our Great High Priest,
    King of Kings and Lord of Lords who gave himself for our salvation.

  2. #3142
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Double speak. We know very well what you believe, as has been shown to you many times, and it is not the truth.
    Hello PS,

    So nice to see you here. So you know what I believe and you judge me? I do not judge you and you are free to believe anything you wish but we are all accountable to God come judgement day.

    If you know what it is I believe, please then by all means, what do I believe?

    What has been shown to me?

    What is not the truth?

    Only God's Word is truth and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who is calling us. Those that do not are UNBELIEVERS and UNBELIEVERS do not know him who LOVES us. If you do not have God's Word how can you know the truth?
    Last edited by LoveGodForever; January 3rd, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #3143


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Yet you only ask the questions as a diversion to try and change the topic of discussion from the OP and the scriptures posted.

    I have already said to you 3 times already I am happy to continue answering your questions by the GRACE of GOD if you promise to answer my questions that you ignore. You have ignored me 3 times even on this request. So until you agree to answer my questions I have stopped answering yours.

    What you have written above is your own divising and is not true as to what I believe as you do not know what I believe because I have not answered your question.

    If you do not know what I believe how can you say things that are not true if I have given you no such answer? If I have given you no such answer to your question then are you not spreading lies as to what I believe?

    ..............

    Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who LOVES us.
    all right, then for the 4th time- gentiles were never under the law of Moses. Paul said so in Romans 2. so they were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. N.T. believers were never commanded to keep it. John , a jewish man, said- "I was in the Sprit on the Lord's day." it is safe to assume that if he wanted to say " Shabbat ", he would have. he did not.

    so there you go. answers. with Scripture. now- anything on the Resurrection, or Jesus as Lord, or, you, know Christianity? since that is the religion that Christ risen is founded on.
    mailmandan and UnderGrace like this.

  4. #3144
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    all right, then for the 4th time- gentiles were never under the law of Moses. Paul said so in Romans 2. so they were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. N.T. believers were never commanded to keep it. John , a jewish man, said- "I was in the Sprit on the Lord's day." it is safe to assume that if he wanted to say " Shabbat ", he would have. he did not. so there you go. answers. with Scripture. now- anything on the Resurrection, or Jesus as Lord, or, you, know Christianity? since that is the religion that Christ risen is founded on.
    Hello gb9, and once again God's Word would disagree with your interpreation of it.

    All are under the law if they have sinned against God. You refer to Acts 15 which is talking about CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic laws written in the book of the law as a requirement for salvation v1-5. This chapter does NOT say that Gentile believers are free to brake God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 comamndments) and the book of Moses have a different purpose in the Old Covenant. One is Forever and the other Shodows pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation...

    God's Word says that John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day not Sunday because the Word of God says that the Sabbath day is the "Lord's day"

    Matthew 12
    8,
    For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

    Why would he need to say Shabbat when he knows that Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath and it is the day He made for mandkind? God's Word says that the Lord's Day = the Sabbath not Sunday. It is God's Word and we should believe it. John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day (Lord's Day)

    Yes indeed, how about if I will answer you when you answer my question. That is a fair enough don't you think?

    If someone is living in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before God or an UNSAVED state before God?

    .........

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by LoveGodForever; January 3rd, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

  5. #3145


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello gb9, and once again God's Word would disagree with your interpreation of it.

    All are under the law if they have sinned against God. You refer to Acts 15 which is talking about CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic laws written in the book of the law as a requirement for salvation v1-5. This chapter does NOT say that Gentile believers are free to brake God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 comamndments) and the book of Moses have a different purpose in the Old Covenant. One is Forever and the other Shodows pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation...

    God's Word says that John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day not Sunday because the Word of God says that the Sabbath day is the "Lord's day"

    Matthew 12
    8,
    For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

    Why would he need to say Shabbat when he knows that Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath and it is the day He made for mandkind? God's Word says that the Lord's Day = the Sabbath not Sunday. It is God's Word and we should believe it. John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day (Lord's Day)

    Yes indeed, how about if I will answer you when you answer my question. That is a fair enough don't you think?

    If someone is living in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before God or an UNSAVED state before God?

    .........

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.
    if you care about language, " Sabbath " and" Lord's day " are completely different words, not similar at all .

    I know what ( or who ) you do not care about - the Lord Jesus Christ. you flat refuse to call him Lord, or state that you believe in the Resurrection. Jesus is the only way to the Father. I strongly suggest that you accept Him as Lord and Savior.

    Sabbath cannot save you. no matter what ellen white based lies you have been fed. reject them, denounce her, accept Jesus.

  6. #3146
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    if you care about language, " Sabbath " and" Lord's day " are completely different words, not similar at all .

    I know what ( or who ) you do not care about - the Lord Jesus Christ. you flat refuse to call him Lord, or state that you believe in the Resurrection. Jesus is the only way to the Father. I strongly suggest that you accept Him as Lord and Savior.

    Sabbath cannot save you. no matter what ellen white based lies you have been fed. reject them, denounce her, accept Jesus.
    Yes gb9 but that does not change the scripture meaning that the ONLY interpreation from the scriptures is that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath day. Jesus said this to His Disciples and for all to hear it. John is just repeating the Words of Jesus found here....

    Matthew 12
    8,
    For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

    There is no scripture in ALL of God's Word that says Sunday is the "Lords Day". The only scripture found about the Lord's Day is Jesus telling everyone that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath day.

    We should BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD over the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church.

    .......................

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.

  7. #3147


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    well, since you apparently do not believe in the Resurrection, then it really does not matter what day it happened, right?

  8. #3148
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    All are under the law if they have sinned against God.
    Please specify the scripture?




    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello gb9, and once again God's Word would disagree with your interpreation of it.

    All are under the law if they have sinned against God. You refer to Acts 15 which is talking about CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic laws written in the book of the law as a requirement for salvation v1-5. This chapter does NOT say that Gentile believers are free to brake God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 comamndments) and the book of Moses have a different purpose in the Old Covenant. One is Forever and the other Shodows pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation...

    God's Word says that John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day not Sunday because the Word of God says that the Sabbath day is the "Lord's day"

    Matthew 12
    8,
    For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

    Why would he need to say Shabbat when he knows that Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath and it is the day He made for mandkind? God's Word says that the Lord's Day = the Sabbath not Sunday. It is God's Word and we should believe it. John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day (Lord's Day)

    Yes indeed, how about if I will answer you when you answer my question. That is a fair enough don't you think?

    If someone is living in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before God or an UNSAVED state before God?

    .........

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  9. #3149
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    well, since you apparently do not believe in the Resurrection, then it really does not matter what day it happened, right?
    Now Lucy, where have I ever said such things and if I have never said such things are you telling the truth?

  10. #3150


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    yes, I am telling the truth. anyone can do back through the last week or so of this thread and see how many times I have asked you if you believe in the Resurrection, and how many times you have not answered.
    UnderGrace likes this.

  11. #3151
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Yes, it would seem a clear yes or no would settle the matter

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    yes, I am telling the truth. anyone can do back through the last week or so of this thread and see how many times I have asked you if you believe in the Resurrection, and how many times you have not answered.
    gb9 and mailmandan like this.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  12. #3152


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    Yes, it would seem a clear yes or no would settle the matter
    something no Christ follower should have any time doing 25 times a day. Christians have no problem confessing our belief in our Lord and Savior. and His Resurrection.
    mailmandan, MarcR and UnderGrace like this.

  13. #3153
    Member OMEGA777's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2017
    Age
    70
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    To LoveGodForever

    Can you explain this verse to me ?

    Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
    LoveGodForever likes this.

  14. #3154
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    yes, I am telling the truth. anyone can do back through the last week or so of this thread and see how many times I have asked you if you believe in the Resurrection, and how many times you have not answered.
    Now Lucy is that true? So you can show me a post where I have said I do not believe in the Resurrection because I do not answer your question? Can you please show me where I have ever said such things as you claim. If you cannot are you bearing false witness agaisnt your neighbor?

    I have only stopped answering all your questions because you and your friends ignore my questions. I have even told you already many times already, that if you will promise to answer my questions then I am happy by God's Grace to answer your question. This is a fair request dont you think?

    Back to the OP and away from change of topic.

    .......................

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.

  15. #3155
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post

    Originally Posted by LoveGodForever; All are under the law if they have sinned against God.

    Please specify the scripture?
    Certainly..

    Rom 3
    19,
    Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
    20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

    links to..

    James 2
    8,
    If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
    9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
    10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
    12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

    links to..

    Romans 7
    7,
    What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    links to..

    1 John 3
    4,
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

    links to..

    Romans 2
    12,
    For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;


    .......................

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.

  16. #3156
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    Yes, it would seem a clear yes or no would settle the matter
    What about you UG, will you answer my questions if I answer yours?

  17. #3157
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    If I have an answer I will.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    What about you UG, will you answer my questions if I answer yours?
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  18. #3158
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    These verses do not state explicitly that the Gentile is under the law?



    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Certainly..

    Rom 3
    19,
    Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
    20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

    links to..

    James 2
    8,
    If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
    9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
    10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
    12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

    links to..

    Romans 7
    7,
    What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    links to..

    1 John 3
    4,
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

    links to..

    Romans 2
    12,
    For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;


    .......................

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  19. #3159


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    135

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Now Lucy is that true? So you can show me a post where I have said I do not believe in the Resurrection because I do not answer your question? Can you please show me where I have ever said such things as you claim. If you cannot are you bearing false witness agaisnt your neighbor?

    I have only stopped answering all your questions because you and your friends ignore my questions. I have even told you already many times already, that if you will promise to answer my questions then I am happy by God's Grace to answer your question. This is a fair request dont you think?

    Back to the OP and away from change of topic.

    .......................

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps.
    it would help if you would not call me lucy. and, #3143, I answered your questions. just because you disagree with the answers does not mean that none are being given.

    so, you are bearing false witness In saying that your questions are not being answered. and, Jesus said that if you denied Him before men, He would deny you before the Father. each and every time you are asked if believe in the Resurrection, and do not acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior, that is exactly what you are doing. denying His Deity and authority.

    if someone asked me about Christ, I would give Him glory by stating that He is the resurrected Lord and Savior. not because of the question, but because He is.

    you keep giving Sabbath glory, and denying Christ. i'll keep giving Him glory and saying that Sabbath is optional for believers. we will see which one pleases the Father.
    mailmandan, MarcR and UnderGrace like this.

  20. #3160
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,675
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post

    Originally Posted by LoveGodForever

    So you can show me a post where I have said I do not believe in the Resurrection because I do not answer your question? Can you please show me where I have ever said such things as you claim. If you cannot are you bearing false witness agaisnt your neighbor?
    it would help if you would not call me lucy. and, #3143,
    So you are not Lucy-Pevensie? I see. So what has #3143 have to do with anything at all about saying I have said I do not believe in the resurrection? Lets look at it....


    Post # 3143; gb9
    all right, then for the 4th time- gentiles were never under the law of Moses. Paul said so in Romans 2. so they were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. N.T. believers were never commanded to keep it. John , a jewish man, said- "I was in the Sprit on the Lord's day." it is safe to assume that if he wanted to say " Shabbat ", he would have. he did not. so there you go. answers. with Scripture. now- anything on the Resurrection, or Jesus as Lord, or, you, know Christianity? since that is the religion that Christ risen is founded on.
    What did you answer and what question do you claim you are answering that I have asked you?

    The reply to your post was given in post # 3144 below....

    Hello gb9, and once again God's Word would disagree with your interpreation of it.

    All are under the law if they have sinned against God. You refer to Acts 15 which is talking about CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic laws written in the book of the law as a requirement for salvation v1-5. This chapter does NOT say that Gentile believers are free to brake God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 comamndments) and the book of Moses have a different purpose in the Old Covenant. One is Forever and the other Shodows pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation...

    God's Word says that John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day not Sunday because the Word of God says that the Sabbath day is the "Lord's day"

    Matthew 12
    8,
    For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

    Why would he need to say Shabbat when he knows that Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath and it is the day He made for mandkind? God's Word says that the Lord's Day = the Sabbath not Sunday. It is God's Word and we should believe it. John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day (Lord's Day)

    Yes indeed, how about if I will answer you when you answer my question. That is a fair enough don't you think?

    If someone is living in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before God or an UNSAVED state before God?
    Now what question did I ask you to make you think you were answering any questions? You indeed just made up your own question and provided your own answer that did not even answer your own question and this post is not of me saying that I do not believe in the resurrection at all.

    So NO, indeed you are bearing false witness claiming I have siad or believe things I have not said or answered and saying you have answered questions I have not asked of you.

    @ UG... and just the very fact you are agreeing with gb9 by liking her post, does this also make you an accomplice to bearing false witness because you are agreeing with her?

    Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow him who is calling us.

    .............

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
    Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
    Acts 17:30-31)

Similar Threads

  1. truth about the sabbath
    By moonbeam in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: March 6th, 2018, 02:10 AM
  2. The Hidden Sabbath Truth
    By UriahSmith1844 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 7th, 2018, 10:36 AM
  3. The Truth About The Sabbath
    By Josh321 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 612
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2018, 11:56 PM
  4. Sabbath truth...
    By Scuba in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 13th, 2014, 04:06 PM
  5. The real truth about the Son of God
    By AtonedFor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 15th, 2012, 05:55 AM