Page 174 of 185 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3694
Like Tree2575Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

  1. #3461
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Why then was the Law given? It was added because of transgressions, until the arrival of the seed to whom the promise referred.
    (Galatians 3:19)

    Before this faith came, we were held in custody under the Law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the Law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
    (Galatians 3:23-25)

    The Law, however, is not based on faith

    (Galatians 3:12)



    All these references to the "Law" are speaking to the "works" of the Levitical Priesthood for remission of sins that the Mainstream Church of Paul's time were still pushing. Abraham had God's Laws, but he didn't have the Levitical Priesthood as Levi wasn't even born yet. You preach that the first and greatest commandment was only to be in place until Jesus came to earth as a man. It makes no sense.

    2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,(Loving God with all your heart) or by the hearing of faith?

    No, you are confused.

    2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,(Levite Priests performing "ceremonial, sacrificial "works of the Law") or by the hearing of faith?

    Was Abraham justified by these Levitical Priesthood "works"? No, He didn't have them. But He did have God's Laws.

    Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

    18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

    Why? Because Abraham was obedient to God's Laws.

    19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

    Transgressions of What? Transgression of God's Universal Laws that Abraham kept. The only "Law" that was "ADDED" was the Levitical Priesthood to serve as a shadow, "Till the Seed should come".

    You are furthering another huge deception we have been taught from our youth.


  2. #3462


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,555
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    All these references to the "Law" are speaking to the "works" of the Levitical Priesthood for remission of sins that the Mainstream Church of Paul's time were still pushing. Abraham had God's Laws, but he didn't have the Levitical Priesthood as Levi wasn't even born yet. You preach that the first and greatest commandment was only to be in place until Jesus came to earth as a man. It makes no sense.

    2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,(Loving God with all your heart) or by the hearing of faith?

    No, you are confused.

    2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,(Levite Priests performing "ceremonial, sacrificial "works of the Law") or by the hearing of faith?

    Was Abraham justified by these Levitical Priesthood "works"? No, He didn't have them. But He did have God's Laws.

    Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

    18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

    Why? Because Abraham was obedient to God's Laws.

    19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

    Transgressions of What? Transgression of God's Universal Laws that Abraham kept. The only "Law" that was "ADDED" was the Levitical Priesthood to serve as a shadow, "Till the Seed should come".

    You are furthering another huge deception we have been taught from our youth.

    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/INDENT]
    Jesus's statement to the Disciples at the end of Luke c.24, v44-47 was that the Law and Prophets must be fulfilled . then stated that His Resurrection ( rising on the 3rd day ) fulfilled them

    was Jesus furthering the deception?
    mailmandan likes this.

  3. #3463
    Senior Member lightbearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    318
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    9

    Smile Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Why then was the Law given? It was added because of transgressions, until the arrival of the seed to whom the promise referred.
    (Galatians 3:19)

    Before this faith came, we were held in custody under the Law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the Law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
    (Galatians 3:23-25)

    The Law, however, is not based on faith

    (Galatians 3:12)
    I love Galatians. Let's summarize it.

    The Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father. Called into the grace of Christ To reveal his Son in us that we might preach him among the heathen That they glorified God in us.

    Knowing that a man is not made righteous by works of law, but that it is through the faith of Jesus Christ (we also believed into Christ Jesus, that we may be justified through the faith of Christ and not by works of law, because all flesh will not be justified by works of law).

    The text says in the Greek “we also believed into Jesus”, (The Body of Christ the Temple of GOD) not in Jesus. Also note if you will it is through the faith of Jesus not by the faith of Jesus. That is why Galatians goes on to say, “For I, through law, died to law, that I should be living to God." With Christ we have been crucified, yet we are living; Yet not us, but living in us is Christ (Christ; the Word, the Commandments manifested in the flesh, our flesh). Now that which we are now living in flesh, we are living in the faith that is of the Son of God, Who loves us and gives Himself up for us. (Gal 1:3-4,5, 15,16,23,24; 2:15-20 KJV)

    Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, until the Seed (The Faith, Christ’s; the Word, the Commandments manifested in the flesh, our flesh) should come, to whom it had been promised. But before Faith (Christ’s) came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the Faith (Christ’s) which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster (Law in general; the Pentateuch and all that is entailed, which would include the Decalogue; the Ten Commandments). to bring us unto Christ, that we might be made righteous out of faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster (Law in general; the Pentateuch and all that is entailed, which would include the Decalogue; the Ten Commandments). Knowing this, that law is not laid down for a righteous one, but for lawless and undisciplined ones, for ungodly and sinful ones, for unholy and profane ones.

    Which we are not through GOD IF Christ; the Word, the Commandments are manifested in the flesh, our flesh. The work GOD has done to our hearts and minds worked its work of Faith.

    For as many of us which have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Which is how the Faith, Christ; the Word, the Commandments manifested in the flesh, our flesh work the work. For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. As Jesus said HE doeth the Work.

    GOD has defined what this Faith is. It is written He will circumcise our hearts and the hearts of our seed. So Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ, the Word, HIS Commandments and Statutes contained in the book of the Law down from above) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ, the Word, HIS Commandments and Statutes contained in the book of the Law again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, HIS Commandments and Statutes contained in the book of the Law ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; that is, the word of faith, which we preach. And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD within you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people. For it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure, Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will ) in you the hope of Glory


    Romans 10:6-8 and Deut. 30:6,11-14 LXX and Masoretic are speaking the same premise as of that which is found Hebrews 8:10,11 and Jeremiah 31:33. It is just worded different. But it all speaks of The Gospel, the New Covenant, GOD's Grace in us; HIS Christ the hope of Glory.
    Last edited by lightbearer; 6 Days Ago at 09:14 PM.
    LORD I believe; help THOU my unbelief! For YOU have given us all things that pertain to Life and godliness through Jesus Christ.

  4. #3464
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2018
    Age
    16
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    First off Jesus was referring to the Mosaic laws, such as the sacrifices and offerings killing of the Lamb, and the principals and ceremonial laws, Not the Ten commandments, Because then we can't commit adultery and it's fine, What Jesus was saying is the sacrifices no longer have a purpose, Jesus paid it all, The sacrifices were a antitype of the real death Jesus the lamb of God would have to pay John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. and Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

    It never brought up Sunday, Jesus is talking about fulfilling his ordinances, We no longer have to slay a lamb, Jesus fulfilled the sacrifice, We no longer have to keep the law, But we can love God and through Jesus will keep his law, because we love him, John 1:29 If ye love me, keep my commandments. It had nothing to do with rising the 3rd day, But with Jesus's death as a whole ended the need for sacrifices, Godbless you and keep you.

  5. #3465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    funny thing about being dead.

    it's not at all necessary or even relevant to a dead man for any law to be abolished. it simply doesn't any longer have any power whatsoever over him. because he's dead. the harshest penalty law can demand, already paid in full.

    if He makes you free, you are truly free indeed !
    We need to stop trying to help you see, it only makes it more difficult for you to be free and its not fair for you. We need to be sorry for our part of being pushy and accept that your pushing us towards freedom and that's ok it doesn't harm us. "Nothing shall by any means harm you if you believe." Dying did not harm us, the door is open, "I have the keys of death and hell."
    Last edited by stillness; 6 Days Ago at 01:12 AM.
    posthuman likes this.
    Journey to enter into rest in God,
    A work in progress you can read here in Poems and poetry.

  6. #3466
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    love is the fulfilment of all gods laws xxx
    Hi Kitty, very true indeed. That is why Jesus says "On these two Commandments (LOVE) hang ALL the LAW and the prophets and IF you LOVE me KEEP my Commandments.

    LOVE is indeed the fulfilling of God's LAW to those that walk by FAITH in his Spirit. If you are still living in SIN however God's Word says you have not seen him or KNOWN him because you are still in your SINS because you have rejected the GIFT of God's dear son.

    Let's walk by FAITH and FOLLOW him who calls us by LOVE to LOVE. Thanks for sharing.

    ...............

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

  7. #3467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    "Judgment must begin at the house of God."
    We have died with Christ, "It's appointed to man once to die and then comes the judgment."
    Carried by the Spirit in the Love of Christ, in His suffering and death.
    Falling asleep in the garden of Gethsemane, then scattered like lost sheep in the hour and power of darkness while the leaders of the law nullify the covenant with God. Having died in our heart, left the presence of the Lord back to habits abandoned; fishing all night and not catching anything, until a stranger saying, "Throw the net on the right side you will catch." Hearing His voice changes everything. "When you were young, you chose your identity and did what you wanted, but when you'll be old, You will stretch forth your hands and Another (Comforter), will give you a new identity and carry you where you don't want to go, and this He spoke of what death Peter should die."
    posthuman likes this.
    Journey to enter into rest in God,
    A work in progress you can read here in Poems and poetry.

  8. #3468
    Senior Member mailmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2014
    Age
    51
    Posts
    13,167
    Rep Power
    340

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Why then was the Law given? It was added because of transgressions, until the arrival of the seed to whom the promise referred.
    (Galatians 3:19)

    Before this faith came, we were held in custody under the Law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the Law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
    (Galatians 3:23-25)

    The Law, however, is not based on faith

    (Galatians 3:12)
    Amen brother! No Sabbatarian, whether SDA or Hebrew Roots truly keeps "the Sabbath," for if they did, they would be in compliance with specific regulations that were strictly enforced and live exactly like the Jews (Exodus 16:23,29; 31:12-18; 35:3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Jeremiah 17:21; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19 etc..).

    So all of their talk about "keeping the Sabbath" amounts to nothing, for none of them truly keep all of it. In their at tempt to keep a part of that law they thereby bring them selves under obligations to "keep the whole law," as Paul argues in Galatians 5:3. Yet since none of them keep the whole law, they bring themselves under the curse of the law, by constantly violating one part while attempting to keep another.

    This is the point that Paul clearly made against Judaizing legalists of his day in Galatians 3:10. The person who keeps one precept of the law just because the law says so, thereby acknowledges that the law is binding on him. Then if he neglects some other part of the law, he therefore becomes a transgressor of the very law he professes to keep.

    This is exactly what these Sabbatarians do. They set out to keep the Sabbath because the law says so and thereby become "debtors to do the whole law" (Galatians 5:3). Then they neglect many things in the same law, and so are under the condemnation of the law (Galatians 3:10).

    NOWHERE does the NT teach that keeping the Sabbath day is binding on Christians under the New Covenant. Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

    *Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
    posthuman and MarcR like this.
    I'm not a bad guy. I'm just misunderstood.

    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

  9. #3469
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Amen brother! No Sabbatarian, whether SDA or Hebrew Roots truly keeps "the Sabbath," for if they did, they would be in compliance with specific regulations that were strictly enforced and live exactly like the Jews (Exodus 16:23,29; 31:12-18; 35:3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Jeremiah 17:21; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19 etc..).


    So all of their talk about "keeping the Sabbath" amounts to nothing, for none of them truly keep all of it. In their at tempt to keep a part of that law they thereby bring them selves under obligations to "keep the whole law," as Paul argues in Galatians 5:3. Yet since none of them keep the whole law, they bring themselves under the curse of the law, by constantly violating one part while attempting to keep another.

    This is the point that Paul clearly made against Judaizing legalists of his day in Galatians 3:10. The person who keeps one precept of the law just because the law says so, thereby acknowledges that the law is binding on him. Then if he neglects some other part of the law, he therefore becomes a transgressor of the very law he professes to keep.

    This is exactly what these Sabbatarians do. They set out to keep the Sabbath because the law says so and thereby become "debtors to do the whole law" (Galatians 5:3). Then they neglect many things in the same law, and so are under the condemnation of the law (Galatians 3:10).

    NOWHERE does the NT teach that keeping the Sabbath day is binding on Christians under the New Covenant. Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

    *Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

    Hello MMD,

    You ignore all the scriptures and posts sent to you and do not reply to any of the posts and scriptures that show your interpretation is only building on sifting sand. I am worried about you my friend and ask that you at least consider the posts and the scriptures in them that disagree with your interpertation of God's Word.

    Do you disagree? Please adress the posts and the scriptures that disagree with your presentation of God's Word linked for your convenience adressing your post above and well pretty much everything else you have posted....

    Post # 3423; Post # 3424; Post # 3425; Post # 3426 and Post # 3427

    Now if you cannot answer these posts and the scriptures in them should you not just BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD?

    Only God's Word is true my friend and it is the Word of God that will be our judge come Judgement day. All who SIN do not KNOW him who loves all and SIN will keep all who practice is out of God's Kingdom.

    .......

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men everywhere to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps..

  10. #3470


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,555
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello MMD,

    You ignore all the scriptures and posts sent to you and do not reply to any of the posts and scriptures that show your interpretation is only building on sifting sand. I am worried about you my friend and ask that you at least consider the posts and the scriptures in them that disagree with your interpertation of God's Word.

    Do you disagree? Please adress the posts and the scriptures that disagree with your presentation of God's Word linked for your convenience adressing your post above and well pretty much everything else you have posted....

    Post # 3423; Post # 3424; Post # 3425; Post # 3426 and Post # 3427

    Now if you cannot answer these posts and the scriptures in them should you not just BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD?

    Only God's Word is true my friend and it is the Word of God that will be our judge come Judgement day. All who SIN do not KNOW him who loves all and SIN will keep all who practice is out of God's Kingdom.

    .......

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men everywhere to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps..
    we do not need your help, if anything, you need ours to break the ellen white conditioning . Scripture does not stand alone. all you do is pluck out verses, and " link " them to other verses.

    so, when Romans 2 ( gentiles not having the law ), the fruits of the Sprit ( no Sabbath mentioned), 1st John 3 - commands to the N.T. believer ( no Sabbath ), the whole letter to Titus ( no Sabbath ) you dismiss them. not to mention there is not one direct command in the N.T. that Christ followers are to keep the Sabbath.

    and, to address what you will say about sin and command breaking, sin was raised to the level of knowing to do good and not doing so. so, accept it or reject it, that is truth. no matter what ellen white says.
    mailmandan likes this.

  11. #3471
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    we do not need your help, if anything, you need ours to break the ellen white conditioning . Scripture does not stand alone. all you do is pluck out verses, and " link " them to other verses.
    Hello gb9, well none of that is true.

    I only study God's Word for myself seeking Jesus to be my teacher and BELIEVING his promises. Please by all means you claim I pluck out verses of scripture and link them to other verses. Y

    es I do this it is called topical bible study have you ever heard of it? However CONTEXT in chapter and scripture is always considered with any bible study that I do but most importantly spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

    Only God's Spirit can guide you in to all truth. God however only his Spirit to those who BELIEVE and OBEY His Word.


    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    so, when Romans 2 ( gentiles not having the law ), the fruits of the Sprit ( no Sabbath mentioned), 1st John 3 - commands to the N.T. believer ( no Sabbath ), the whole letter to Titus ( no Sabbath ) you dismiss them. not to mention there is not one direct command in the N.T. that Christ followers are to keep the Sabbath.
    Here you quote Romans 2:14 and ignore the CONTEXT of v11-13

    11, For there is no respect of persons with God.
    12, For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13, For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

    14, For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

    15, Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

    So my friend the scripture is not talking about Gentiles not keeping God's LAW read the CONTEXT it is talking about OBEDIENCE to God's LAW through LOVE (God's LAW written on the heart)

    Please read this in connection with what Paul writes in Romans 13:8-10 as further proof.

    ..................

    I think you are trying to quote 1 John 3:23-24 yet the CONTEXT again that your missing is 1 John 3:3-15 which is talking about SIN breaking GOd's LAW and those that SIN do not KNOW God v15 further defining the topic of sin and hate to murder. So your interpretation is not considering in chapter CONTEXT which is OBEDIENCE to God's LAW and those in SIN not following God.

    Yes God's LAW (10 commandments) show us what SIN is and the 4th Commandment like the other 9 is one of the 10 Commandments and if we break it we commit SIN. (Romans 3:20; 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12)

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    and, to address what you will say about sin and command breaking, sin was raised to the level of knowing to do good and not doing so. so, accept it or reject it, that is truth. no matter what ellen white says.
    God;s Word tells us what SIN is and it is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments. (Romans 3:20; 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12) Of course to him that knows to do good and does not do it then it is sin.

    If God tells us not to lie and we lie is this sin?
    If God tells us not to steal and we steal is this sin?
    If God tells is not to murder and we muder someone is this sin?
    If God tells us not to commit Adultery and we commit adulatery is this sin?

    etc etc...

    So how can you know what SIN is if you have no LAW?

    ..................

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men everywhere to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

    Hope this helps

  12. #3472
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace. What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened, as it is written:“God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear,to this very day.”(Romans 11:5-8)
    Romans 1
    5,
    By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, for OBEDIENCE to the faith among all nations, for his name.


    Revelations 12
    17,
    And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

    GRACE is for OBEDIENCE to the FAITH. The REMNANT are those who KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of GOD and the testimony of Jesus.

    ............

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

  13. #3473
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    Jesus's statement to the Disciples at the end of Luke c.24, v44-47 was that the Law and Prophets must be fulfilled . then stated that His Resurrection ( rising on the 3rd day ) fulfilled them

    was Jesus furthering the deception?
    If you believe and preach that "ALL" the Law and Prophets has been fulfilled, that the Jesus you created has already come back, that the 1000 year reign is done, and that the Great throne Judgment has already taken place. If your Jesus claims to have done all these things, then I would say yes, the Jesus you created is furthering the deception.

    But the Jesus of the Bible has not fulfilled "all" things yet as he said.


    Matt. 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.So you can go ahead and preach that your Jesus, that you created, has already "fulfilled" "all" things. That this is heaven, satan is gone and we are now in paradise given that Your Jesus has fulfilled these prophesies. You can preach whatever you want.

    I don't follow your Jesus. I follow the ONE in the Bible.

    His prophesied 2nd coming has not happened yet. satan is still alive and well. The 1,000 year reign has yet to be fulfilled, and the Great throne Judgments has not happened yet.

    Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.


    45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

    46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

    47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

    48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

    Nothing in the scriptures you referenced indicate that "all" has been fulfilled, only that "ALL" MUST be fulfilled.

    So we are still waiting for the fulfillment of the 2nd coming, the 1000 year reign, the Great throne Judgment and satan being bound and sent into the abyss.

    So God's Laws are still in force for us as it was for Ananias and his wife Sapphira in Acts 5.

  14. #3474
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Amen brother! No Sabbatarian, whether SDA or Hebrew Roots truly keeps "the Sabbath," for if they did, they would be in compliance with specific regulations that were strictly enforced and live exactly like the Jews (Exodus 16:23,29; 31:12-18; 35:3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Jeremiah 17:21; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19 etc..).

    So all of their talk about "keeping the Sabbath" amounts to nothing, for none of them truly keep all of it. In their at tempt to keep a part of that law they thereby bring them selves under obligations to "keep the whole law," as Paul argues in Galatians 5:3. Yet since none of them keep the whole law, they bring themselves under the curse of the law, by constantly violating one part while attempting to keep another.

    This is the point that Paul clearly made against Judaizing legalists of his day in Galatians 3:10. The person who keeps one precept of the law just because the law says so, thereby acknowledges that the law is binding on him. Then if he neglects some other part of the law, he therefore becomes a transgressor of the very law he professes to keep.

    This is exactly what these Sabbatarians do. They set out to keep the Sabbath because the law says so and thereby become "debtors to do the whole law" (Galatians 5:3). Then they neglect many things in the same law, and so are under the condemnation of the law (Galatians 3:10).

    NOWHERE does the NT teach that keeping the Sabbath day is binding on Christians under the New Covenant. Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

    *Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
    Jesus warned of "MANY" Christians who WILL come in His Name, who preach that He is Truly the Messiah, who will teach lies about God. One such lie that you further, is regarding Col. 2. You and "Many" who come in Christ's Name, twist this scripture and use it to justify their faithless, lawless religion they have created in Christ's name.

    Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5
    For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    These "Many" preach the insidious lie that the Pharisees were trying to "earn" Salvation by following God's Laws. But Jesus said over and over that they were following their own laws.

    Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
    8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

    The satanic lie that the Pharisees were obeying God's Laws leads to all manner of wicked perversions. They preach Jesus broke God's Sabbaths, so they also preach anyone who humbles them selves to God is breaking God's Sabbaths as well, like you just did.

    They twist scripture after scripture as well as omitting volumes of God's Words in order to support their deceptive preaching. They are subtle, and very cleaver but God's "Spirit of Truth" exposes it for those who truly "seek" Him instead of the long haired creation of Christianity.

    One great perversion of scripture is their version of Col. 2.

    They would have us believe that God's Laws are "Rudiments of the World", "Vain Deceit", "Traditions of men".

    That God's "good" "Just" and "Holy" Laws are really not good, just and Holy, but are against us, contrary to us. They are so bad, according to MMD and "many" others, that Jesus had to nail them to His Cross to save us from them. This lie is set up by the lie that the Pharisees were rejected because they were trying to get to heaven by following God's Laws.

    Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

    15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

    "Many" who come in Christ's name, preach that Jesus was battling against God. That the "principalities and powers" that killed Jesus was God. That by raising from the dead He spoiled God. That He made a show of God openly. That He "Triumphed" over God on the cross. Even though the scriptures say "THEM", they don't care. Because it isn't about the truth with them, it's about justifying their religious tradition, just as it was for the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time.

    The truth is God's Instructions are not against us. God's Sabbaths are created "for us" as Jesus said. The "handwriting of ordinances" that were against the Gentiles and Paul and Jesus were the Laws the Pharisees had created. The "Doctrines" Jesus said were "Commandments of Men", not God. This is why the Gentiles were not allowed in God's Circle, this is why it was against the Law to eat a strawberry on a Sabbath walk.

    "We have a Law, and by our Law, He should die". But did the Law and Prophets condemn Jesus? Did God condemn Jesus? No, God's Laws did not condemn Jesus and you can't find where it did. The "law" that condemned Jesus was the "law" created by the Pharisees. Their "laws" or "handwriting of ordinances" were against the Gentiles and Paul, not God's Laws as MMD and "Many" others preach.

    Jesus Spoiled THEM, not God. He made a show of them openly when their Law condemned Him, yet God raised Him from the dead. He triumphed over THEM, not God as you preach.

    God's Laws are not "Rudiments of the World, Vain deceit, Tradition of men, Man's Laws are.

    16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

    These things are from God, not man. They represent God's Salvation plan, not mans. So Paul is telling the Gentiles who were "Walking even as Jesus Walked", "don't let these religious false preachers judge you in your voluntary obedience to the Great God of Abraham. These Commandments are from God, not from man.

    18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

    Those mainstream Preachers had never followed God's Sabbaths or Holy Days, they had created their own just like you do. You have no idea what the Sabbath is or what it means because as did your fathers, you reject it. Creating your own Sabbath while rejected God's Sabbath as so burdensome that no one can obey it. Just like the mainstream preachers of Christ's time. Of course this is not true as Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath, created it for man. And He said His Yoke is light, not the burden you preach. You are truly "Puffed up in your fleshy mind" and Paul explains.

    Matt. 23:4
    For they (Not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

    20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
    21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
    22 Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

    These are not a "shadow" of things to come. These are traditions of men, rudiments of the world. Religious traditions which Paul was warning about in the first place.

    Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

    The truly sad part Dan is that you have been shown you are furthering these lies, yet you continue to preach them. Like the Pharisees after Jesus opened their own Bible and showed them where they were serving satan instead of the God they claimed to know.

    I get it, you have your religion and Paul, Jesus or God almighty isn't going to influence you to consider the actual teaching of the Bible. I didn't write this to convince you of anything. You can't see the point as Jesus said. This knowledge comes from above. But there are others who might be reading who need to be warned of the evil deception and lies that "many" who come in Christ's Name preach on this very forum. Not my warnings, but the warnings of Jesus Himself.

    Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcisionMainstream Church)
    11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
    LoveGodForever likes this.

  15. #3475


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,490
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    ...... "Many" who come in Christ's name, preach that Jesus was battling against God. That the "principalities and powers" that killed Jesus was God. That by raising from the dead He spoiled God. That He made a show of God openly. That He "Triumphed" over God on the cross. Even though the scriptures say "THEM", they don't care. Because it isn't about the truth with them, it's about justifying their religious tradition, just as it was for the Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time. .....
    Jesus was battling against the god of the Pharisees and the Jews. Who is going to tell me the name by which they called their god?

    Hint, it wasn't the I AM.

    These same people who come in Christ's name have tha audacity to call themselves Christians.
    Last edited by PS; 5 Days Ago at 02:59 PM.
    Studyman likes this.
    "Therefore, brothers, make every effort to confirm your calling and election,
    because if you do these things you will never stumble.
    " (2 Peter 1:10)

    The apostles could have rejected the call by Jesus to follow him but their acceptance ensured their election according to God's foreknowledge. Notice the possibility of "stumbling" and the need to make an effort including repentance, belief, and confession. These are the things WE need to do. (Lk 13:5; Jn 3:16; Jn 1:11-12; Ro 10:9; Ro 10:13)

  16. #3476
    Senior Member Shamah's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Age
    35
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Jesus was battling against the god of the Pharisees and the Jews. Who is going to tell me the name by which they called their god?

    Hint, it wasn't the I AM.

    These same people who come in Christ's name have tha audacity to call themselves Christians.
    John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”

    They used "adonai" or "baal" which means "the Lord" in english, they would bring one to trial and beat or kill them for speaking in the Name of YHWH:

    Jeremiah 11:21-23, “Therefore thus said יהוה concerning the men of Anathoth who are seeking your life, saying, ‘Do not prophesy in the Name of יהוה, lest you die by our hand.’ therefore thus said יהוה of hosts, ‘See, I am punishing them, the young men shall die by the sword, their sons and their daughters shall die by scarcity of food. And there shall be no remnant of them, for I bring adversity on the men of Anathoth – the year of their punishment.”

    Talmud - Mas. Yoma 39b
    His brethren [that year]
    the priests forbore to mention the Ineffable Name (YHWH) in pronouncing the [priestly] blessing.4 Our Rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot [‘For the Lord’] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-coloured strap become white/"


    Mattithyah 15:2-3, "Why do Your disciples transgress the traditions of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat. But He answered, and said to them: And why do you transgress the Laws of YHWH by your traditions?"

    Good News Translation Bible - Preface
    "Following an ancient tradition, begun by the first translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (the Septuagint) and followed by the vast majority of English translations, the distinctive Hebrew name for God (usually transliterated Jehovah or Yahweh), is in this translation represented by “LORD.” When Adonai, normally translated “Lord,” is followed by Yahweh, the combination is rendered by the phrase “Sovereign LORD.”

    Jeremiah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds; Who devise; plan and scheme, to cause My people to forget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal (Lord)."

    BAAL (DEITY) [Hebrew - baal] . Canaanite storm and fertility god. The name, which means “lord, ” is an epithet of the god Hadad (lit. “thunderer” ). Well-known from the OT, he is now extremely well-attested in the Ugaritic texts, in addition to being mentioned in other ancient texts. (Freedman, David Noel: The Anchor Bible Dictionary. New York : Doubleday, 1996, c1992, S. 1:546)

    BA´AL(ba'al; Heb. baal, “lord, possessor”).
    1. A common name for god among the Phoenicians; also the name of their chief male god. See Gods, False.
    (Unger, Merrill Frederick ; Harrison, R. K. ; Vos, Howard Frederic ; Barber, Cyril J. ; Unger, Merrill Frederick: The New Unger's Bible Dictionary. Rev. and updated ed. Chicago : Moody Press, 1988)
    PS and Studyman like this.
    Hiz Temp acct.

  17. #3477


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,490
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    There is another name the imposter/deceiver has adopted.

    They called the Golden Calf LORD and they call the true God LORD.

    Ya in Yahovah means God and if you look at the second part of Yahovah, i.e. Hovah, strongs number H1942 and you will see it means "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness." i.e. Satan.

    Yet if you look up Yahovah in Strongs you will see it is the name of the true God. The serpent is very subtle and has become known by the name of the true God. Once we become aware of this, we will see the people doing things in the name of God that goes totally against the teaching of Jesus who speaks as the Father speaks.
    Studyman likes this.
    "Therefore, brothers, make every effort to confirm your calling and election,
    because if you do these things you will never stumble.
    " (2 Peter 1:10)

    The apostles could have rejected the call by Jesus to follow him but their acceptance ensured their election according to God's foreknowledge. Notice the possibility of "stumbling" and the need to make an effort including repentance, belief, and confession. These are the things WE need to do. (Lk 13:5; Jn 3:16; Jn 1:11-12; Ro 10:9; Ro 10:13)

  18. #3478
    Senior Member MarcR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2015
    Age
    78
    Posts
    4,630
    Rep Power
    107

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    LGF seems to be under the delusion that whatever he calls false becomes false and whatever he calls true becomes true.

    Fortunately the rest of humanity is not under the same delusion.
    gb9 and mailmandan like this.
    MarcR



    Blessings on you! (Nu 6:24-26)


    Col 3:16-17
    16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
    17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

    KJV

  19. #3479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    There is another name the imposter/deceiver has adopted.

    They called the Golden Calf LORD and they call the true God LORD.

    Ya in Yahovah means God and if you look at the second part of Yahovah, i.e. Hovah, strongs number H1942 and you will see it means "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness." i.e. Satan.

    Yet if you look up Yahovah in Strongs you will see it is the name of the true God. The serpent is very subtle and has become known by the name of the true God. Once we become aware of this, we will see the people doing things in the name of God that goes totally against the teaching of Jesus who speaks as the Father speaks.
    And all prophesied in plain English in every translation I have read. God even told us He would do it.

    Ex. 23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.
    30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

    Duet. 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
    2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
    3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
    4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

    Judges 2:21 I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations which Joshua left when he died:
    22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not.
    23 Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out hastily; neither delivered he them into the hand of Joshua.

    Duet. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I (Jesus) have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
    20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

    1 Cor. 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
    14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

    Every Generation has their "serpent" just as Eve did. And we are to "choose" between the words and instruction of the serpent, and the Word's and instructions of God just like Eve.

    Very good to make your acquaintance PS. Great post
    PS likes this.

  20. #3480
    Senior Member Shamah's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Age
    35
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    There is another name the imposter/deceiver has adopted.

    They called the Golden Calf LORD and they call the true God LORD.

    Ya in Yahovah means God and if you look at the second part of Yahovah, i.e. Hovah, strongs number H1942 and you will see it means "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness." i.e. Satan.

    Yet if you look up Yahovah in Strongs you will see it is the name of the true God. The serpent is very subtle and has become known by the name of the true God. Once we become aware of this, we will see the people doing things in the name of God that goes totally against the teaching of Jesus who speaks as the Father speaks.
    Yes Yahovah/Jahovah is a false name no doubt. It has replaced YHWH in some branches of religion just like adnoai, the Lord, ha hsem etc have.

    Are you implying the the "OT" is the teachings of satan?
    Hiz Temp acct.

Similar Threads

  1. truth about the sabbath
    By moonbeam in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2015, 12:41 AM
  2. The Truth About The Sabbath
    By Josh321 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: June 17th, 2015, 04:11 PM
  3. Sabbath truth...
    By Scuba in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 13th, 2014, 05:06 PM
  4. The Hidden Sabbath Truth
    By UriahSmith1844 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
  5. The real truth about the Son of God
    By AtonedFor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 15th, 2012, 06:55 AM