Page 243 of 263 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 5256
Like Tree3860Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

  1. #4841
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,953
    Rep Power
    44

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. He hasn't changed and because of His great unchanging love toward us, he gave us a new commandment and made a new covenant with us that makes it easier to enter the Kingdom of God.

    A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (Joh 13:34-35)
    and again Jesus is quoting from Deut 6:5 and Lev 19:18

    Matthew 22
    36,
    Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37, Jesus said to him, You shall LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
    38, This is the first and great commandment.
    39, And the second is like to it, You shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself.
    40, ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

    links to..

    Romans 13
    8,
    Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that LOVES another has FULLFILLED THE LAW.
    9, For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself.
    10, Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE is the fulfilling of the law.

    Yep does not look good for some come judgement day. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it..

    ........................

    In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

    There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

  2. #4842
    Senior Member lightbearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    449
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    15

    Smile Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    More like what millennia, each day took millions of years.
    No there is a parameter set. Each day in the Creation week is described and confined to Evening and morning; dusk to dawn.

    H1242 בּוֹקֶר boqer (bo'-ker) n-m.
    1. (properly) dawn (as the break of day)
    2. (generally) morning

    עֶרֶב
    ‛ereb
    BDB Definition:
    1) evening, night, sunset
    1a) evening, sunset
    1b) night


    Here is an interesting video.
    https://youtu.be/mtBz1roiQR8
    Last edited by lightbearer; 1 Week Ago at 06:34 AM.
    Deade likes this.
    LORD I believe; help THOU my unbelief! For YOU have given us all things that pertain to Life and godliness through Jesus Christ.

  3. #4843
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,953
    Rep Power
    44

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    No there is a parameter set. Each day in the Creation week is described and confined to Evening and morning; dusk to dawn.

    H1242 בּוֹקֶר boqer (bo'-ker) n-m.
    1. (properly) dawn (as the break of day)
    2. (generally) morning

    עֶרֶב
    ‛ereb
    BDB Definition:
    1) evening, night, sunset
    1a) evening, sunset
    1b) night


    Here is an interesting video.
    https://youtu.be/mtBz1roiQR8
    Yes this is true LB, but the problem is for some that it takes faith to BELIEVE God's Word and a 7 day creation week. Some believe in the teachings and traditions of men over the Word of God.

  4. #4844
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. He hasn't changed and because of His great unchanging love toward us, he gave us a new commandment and made a new covenant with us that makes it easier to enter the Kingdom of God.

    A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (Joh 13:34-35)
    So HOW do you propose to love God and neighbour if not the way GOD wants you to ????????
    LoveGodForever and Deade like this.

  5. #4845
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,059
    Rep Power
    81

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Because days were inserted into the months to keep the calendar synchronized with the seasons, the Friday of the previous week became Sabbath in the second week. See week 3. This error is compounded throughout the year, and because every 7th day is the Sabbath, by the end of the year, due to the insertion of days, the Sabbath will have rotated through all the days of the week, depending on how many days were inserted and when.
    -Astronomy observence

    "The human race never lost the septenary [seven day] sequence of week days and
    that the Sabbath of these latter times comes down to us from Adam, though the ages,
    without a single lapse."—Dr. Totten, professor of astronomy at Yale University.


    "Seven has been the ancient and honored number among the nations of the earth.
    They have measured their time by weeks from the beginning. The origin of this was
    the Sabbath of God, as Moses has given the reasons for it in his writings."
    —Dr. Lyman Coleman.


    "By calculating the eclipses, it can be proven that no time has been lost and the
    creation days were seven, divided into 24 hours each."—Dr. Hinkley,
    The Watchman, July 1926 [Hinkley was a well-known astronomer].


    "There has been no change in our calendar in past centuries that has affected in
    any way the cycle of the week."—James Robertson, Director American Ephemeris,
    Navy Department, U.S. Naval Observatory, Washington, D.C., March 12, 1932.


    "It can be said with assurance that not a day has been lost since Creation, and all
    the calendar changes notwithstanding, there has been no break in the weekly cycle."
    —Dr. Frank Jeffries, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and Research
    Director of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, England.


    There is no question about which day the seventh day of the week is.

    The weekly cycle ? , the break between the shift from the Julian
    to the Gregorian calendar? There was a well known break of 10 days.


    In 1582, that Thursday the 4th was followed by Friday the 15th.

    The weekly cycle was not interrupted. Now take a look at 1752, Wednesday
    the 2nd was followed by Thursday the 14th. Again, the calendar had to be
    adjusted to correct it to the seasons but the weekly cycle remained unchanged.

  6. #4846


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,751
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post
    -Astronomy observence

    "The human race never lost the septenary [seven day] sequence of week days and
    that the Sabbath of these latter times comes down to us from Adam, though the ages,
    without a single lapse."—Dr. Totten, professor of astronomy at Yale University.


    "Seven has been the ancient and honored number among the nations of the earth.
    They have measured their time by weeks from the beginning. The origin of this was
    the Sabbath of God, as Moses has given the reasons for it in his writings."
    —Dr. Lyman Coleman.


    "By calculating the eclipses, it can be proven that no time has been lost and the
    creation days were seven, divided into 24 hours each."—Dr. Hinkley,
    The Watchman, July 1926 [Hinkley was a well-known astronomer].


    "There has been no change in our calendar in past centuries that has affected in
    any way the cycle of the week."—James Robertson, Director American Ephemeris,
    Navy Department, U.S. Naval Observatory, Washington, D.C., March 12, 1932.


    "It can be said with assurance that not a day has been lost since Creation, and all
    the calendar changes notwithstanding, there has been no break in the weekly cycle."
    —Dr. Frank Jeffries, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and Research
    Director of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, England.


    There is no question about which day the seventh day of the week is.

    The weekly cycle ? , the break between the shift from the Julian
    to the Gregorian calendar? There was a well known break of 10 days.


    In 1582, that Thursday the 4th was followed by Friday the 15th.

    The weekly cycle was not interrupted. Now take a look at 1752, Wednesday
    the 2nd was followed by Thursday the 14th. Again, the calendar had to be
    adjusted to correct it to the seasons but the weekly cycle remained unchanged.
    very. educated. guesses.

  7. #4847
    Senior Member Dan_473's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2014
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,145
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    No. There are many people with sever drug addictions that love Jesus. Jesus died for all sins except one. Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. We take that as rejecting Jesus as God's Christ.

    There are preachers that are going to hell because they put on a dog and pony show and there are addicts going to heaven because their belief on Jesus is Genuine and sincere.

    They just can't seem to break the addiction and God normally does not save us from the consequences of our decisions.
    But always have hope because sometimes he does.
    yes, sounds good
    the steadfast compassion of the Lord never ceases
    Roadkill likes this.
    posted from my phone, blessings!

  8. #4848
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,552
    Rep Power
    179

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    So HOW do you propose to love God and neighbour if not the way GOD wants you to ????????
    Galatians 3:10-12
    10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

    Does God want you to be under the curse and condemnation of you following your carnal understanding of His Spiritual Law?

    Romans 8:2-4
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    Or does God have a better Way for you? A way that is by faith alone.

    John 14:6-7
    6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

    Matthew 11:28-30
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

    Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.



    Last edited by Grandpa; 1 Week Ago at 10:05 AM.
    mailmandan likes this.

  9. #4849
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    So you are saying Abraham was given the Mosaic Law before Moses' time? Interesting.....

  10. #4850
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    78
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    gb9,
    re: "very. educated. guesses. "

    So what actual documentation do you have which proves that the seventh day cycle has been interupted?

  11. #4851
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2018
    Age
    53
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    COLOSSIANS 2:14-17 PART 1/2 THE REAL TRUTH

    The above scripture is used by the “many” to distance themselves from Gods weekly Sabbath day of the 4th commandment. This is for those that may be interested in learning the real meaning of the scriptures and not that of those leading others to break the commandments of God to follow the traditions and teachings of man over the Word of God. So, what is Col. 2{16} really talking about.?

    Let's use the scriptures interpret scripture.............................


    COL. 2 [16]
    Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAY(S) <plural>:

    EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give BURNT OFFERINGS, and MEAT OFFERINGS, and DRINK OFFERINGS, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATH(S), in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

    Here’s a scripture, same exact order as Col 2{16}, meat, drink, holy days (feast days), new moons, Sabbath(s). No doubt what so ever these 2 scriptures are speaking of the same thing. See how that on those days there was a sin offering made. The blood of Christ is now that offering. Col.2 and Ezekiel 45 are simply speaking of the meat and drink offerings which were written in the Mosaic law contained within the ordinances which were to take place on Gods annual festivals, new moons and His annual ceremonial Sabbath days and Holy convocations (Leviticus 23).

    HEBREWS 13 [9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be ESTABLISHED WITH GRACE; NOT WITH MEATS, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. [11] For THE BODIES OF THOSE BEASTS, WHOSE BLOOD is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. [12] WHEREFORE JESUS ALSO, THAT HE MIGHT SANCTIFY THE PEOPLE WITH HIS OWN BLOOD, suffered without the gate.

    But now we are no longer under the Mosaic laws concerning the meat and drink offerings of Gods holy days, new moons and annual festival sabbaths and holy convocations. Jesus fulfilled the law. We are now under grace.

    JOHN 6 [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

    When we let scripture interpret scripture it’s very clear what Col.2 is speaking about. The meat and drink offerings of those days are no longer to be kept and no one is to judge you for not keeping them because they were shadows pointing to Jesus.

    NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the Sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

    There’s the meat and drink offerings for the monthly and annual festival sabbath days that Col.2 [16] was speaking of. This was not a weekly requirement for the 4th commandment of God’s Law (Exodus 20:8-11)

    EZEKIEL 46 [6] And in the day of the NEW MOON it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish. [7] And he shall prepare a MEAT OFFERING, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.

    The meat offering for the new moon that was spoken of in Col.2 [16].

    LEVITICUS 23 [4] These are THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread…… [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

    In all the feast days (holy days) meat and drink offerings were written into the laws of commandments contained in the ordinances. The above scripture points out the holy day of Passover when Jesus was crucified.

    HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

    Once again, the 1st covenant had ordinances which stood only in meat and drinks which were a figure! A shadow!

    EPH.2 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

    COL. 2 [13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; [14] BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

    ISAIAH 24 [5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, CHANGED THE ORDINANCE, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

    But in this “Day of the Lord” scripture it seems the many will go on believing what they’ve been taught by their sunday mourning pulpiteers. They will continue to believe the commandments mentioned in Eph.2 and Col. 2 are the 10 commandments and not the law of commandments contained in the ordinances

    The “many” claim that the sabbath was the shadow of Christ. But what do the scriptures say

    COL.2 [14] BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

    To be continued...................

    5One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

    Colossians 2:16
    Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.
    mailmandan and Roadkill like this.

  12. #4852
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    78
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Roadkill,
    re: "So you are saying Abraham was given the Mosaic Law before Moses' time?"


    Well, Genesis 26:5 says: "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws." So would it be completely unreasonable to think that the principles of the 10 commandments might have been included in those commandments, statutes and laws?

  13. #4853
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    78
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    LibrarianLeo,
    re: "5One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind."

    "Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath."



    What is your point?

  14. #4854
    Senior Member laymen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2014
    Age
    33
    Posts
    164
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Galatians 3:10-12
    10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

    Does God want you to be under the curse and condemnation of you following your carnal understanding of His Spiritual Law?
    Not sure what your saying from verse 12? I know its not required to have faith to follow a law. But to follow the way Jesus did we do need faith. Any law followed with out faith is legalistic and sin.
    Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
    Romans 8:2-4

    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    Or does God have a better Way for you? A way that is by faith alone.



    John 14:6-7
    6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

    Matthew 11:28-30
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

    Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.



    Ps hope your not saying the law is sin or bad in some way?
    LoveGodForever and Deade like this.
    1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
    Pro 18: 17 He who states his case first seems right, until his rival comes and cross-examines him.

  15. #4855


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    No there is a parameter set. Each day in the Creation week is described and confined to Evening and morning; dusk to dawn.

    H1242 בּוֹקֶר boqer (bo'-ker) n-m.
    1. (properly) dawn (as the break of day)
    2. (generally) morning

    עֶרֶב
    ‛ereb
    BDB Definition:
    1) evening, night, sunset
    1a) evening, sunset
    1b) night


    Here is an interesting video.
    https://youtu.be/mtBz1roiQR8
    Quantum Physics would explain the Big Bang and as there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe which is still expanding you could say creation continues apace and is not yet finished, so 'Bang' goes your theory that the heavens and the earth were created in 144 hours. Jesus said "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you" and in this regard, as well as elsewhere science and scripture are beginning to support each other. Presumably the work of Jesus hasn't finished and if that is the case, then neither has creation.

    Quantum Physics is about atoms, waves, and electrons etc. while the development of life, plants, insects, trees and so on is another matter altogether and most certainly did not happen in a few hours.
    Jesus, the Mighty God, the Eternal Father (Isa 9:6) "King of the Jews" (Mat 2:2 Mat 27:37) gave Moses the Law.
    It remained until the time of John the Baptist (Luk 16:16) when "God with us" (Mat 1:23) gave us a new law, saying "MY words will never fail or pass away even though the earth will." (Luk 21:33)
    Christ's yoke is easy, and his burden light (Matt 11:28-30) so we might have peace (Joh 16:33).
    For the law of the Spirit has set us free from the O.T. law of sin and death. (Rom 8:2)

  16. #4856
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LibrarianLeo View Post
    5One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

    Colossians 2:16
    Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.
    Bam! The Truth!

  17. #4857
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    78
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Roadkill,
    re: "Bam! The Truth!"

    With regard to what?
    LoveGodForever likes this.

  18. #4858
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Seems God's Word disagrees with you.

    Let's look at the scriptures.......

    The Sabbath was made on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week and given to Adam and Eve. Let's look at the scriptures........

    Genesis 2
    1,
    Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
    2,
    And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.
    3,
    And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and made it HOLY <the 7th day>: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

    RESTED H7673 שָׁבַת shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion. {used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}[a primitive root]KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep Sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.
    Yep the Hebrew word used here means to REST BY KEEPING SABBATH
    Some points to note from the scriptures in Genesis above...............

    v1 God completed creation in 6 days and RESTED on the SEVENTH DAY
    v2
    God RESTED on theSEVENTH DAY
    v3
    God SET APART the SEVENTH DAY and made THE SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY
    v2 The
    SEVENTH DAY is part of the FINISHED WORK of the CREATION WEEK

    Let's now look at God's 4th commandment............

    Exodus 20
    8,
    Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day)
    9, Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
    10, But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God <Reference to Genesis 2 and creation week>: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY>
    11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT. <Reference to Genesis 2 and creation week>

    SABBATH H7676 שַׁבָּת shabbath (
    shab-bawth') n-e. 1. intermission, a period of temporary rest.2. (specifically) the Sabbath, the seventh day being the day of rest.[intensive from H7673]KJV: (+ every) Sabbath. Root(s): H7673Now who did God make the SEVENTH DAY a Holy day for? Is he making that day a Holy day for himself? Of course NOT God is already Holy. He has made the day HOLY for MANKIND.Let’s see what Jesus says…………

    Mark 2
    27,
    And he said unto them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN, and not man for the Sabbath.
    The Sabbath was made for WHO? The Sabbath was made for MAN. So here we have the God of creation telling us why the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week was made a Holy day and it was made for MANKIND

    STRONGS Greek MAN G444 ἄνθρωποςanthropos (an'-thrō-pos) n.
    1.
    (literally) man†-visage (i.e. a man-faced being, a man who has visibly come of age).
    2. (concretely, in Hebrew) a clay being (a classification of beings made in the image of God, who made them male and female). 3. (generically, in English) a human being. 4. (indefinitely) a certain man (i.e. someone).
    [from G435 and ops “the countenance” (from G3700)] KJV: certain, man Root(s): G435, G3700
    So the Sabbath was made for Human beings; clay beings (we are made out of the dust); male and female

    So God made the SEVENTH DAY of the week a HOLY day and blessed it for MAN this now ties in very nicely with the 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) God says that it is a specific day which is the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK that he has made to be a HOLY DAY for mankind.

    Jesus says it was made Holy in the creation week for mankind. All scriptures connect and are in harmony. Genesis is where God made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY;

    God’s 4th commandment to His people that says to REMEMBER the Sabbath day to KEEP it a HOLY DAY and Jesus stating that the Sabbath was made for MANKIND (Human beings; male and female).

    Now if God made the Sabbath for mankind then obviously Adam and Eve had the Sabbath the GREEK Word for MAN G444 ἄνθρωποςanthropos (an'-thrō-pos) n. is a clay being(a classification of beings made in the image of God, who made them male and female). There is only two people made out of clay (dust) and that is Adam and Eve.

    Yep God's Sabbath given to mankind in the Garden of Eden and made in the Creation WEEK.


    Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE it. Those that do not BELIEVE God's Word are UNBELIVERS and UNBELIEVERS have no part in God's Kingdom.

    .............

    There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.
    The Jews observe the Sabbath on Saturday. Christians in Honor of Jesus' Resurrection go to Church on Sunday.
    Anyone worshipping God in the Spirit and earnestly can do it on Any Day of the Week. Grace, remember. You just can't wrap you head around this can you?
    LibrarianLeo likes this.

  19. #4859
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
    Roadkill,
    re: "Bam! The Truth!"

    With regard to what?
    The Sabbath issue has been settled by LibrarianLeo use of scripture Col 2:16
    Thank You and the End
    You guys had better accept the New Testament Scripture as Authoritative as the Old Testament Scripture or you are Heretics.
    PS likes this.

  20. #4860
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,953
    Rep Power
    44

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    It is there but the blind cannot see it nor can they understand.

    Hebrews 4:2-10

    2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
    3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
    4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
    5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
    6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
    7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
    8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
    9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
    10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

    Can't continue to work at your carnal understanding of the law in your carnal way if you have ceased from your works as God did from His.

    Hello Grandpa,

    You do know that Hebrews 4 actually supports and promotes Sabbath keeping through FAITH and FOLLOWING God's WORD don't you?

    Who is trying to continue to work at their carnal understanding of the law and a carnal way? If no one is doing this then you have no argument now have you?

    Let's see what Gods Word teaches about Hebrews 4.........

    HEBREWS 4

    Hebrews 3 is discussing how God's people in the wilderness did NOT enter into God's Sabbath rest because of their UNBELIEF and DISOBEDIENCE to God's WORD.

    CONTEXT and putting it all together

    v1 Let us fear therefore while the promise of entrance into His rest stands, lest a man of you should be found who comes short of entering.
    v2 For we also were evangelized as also [were] they; but it did not benefit those who heard the word because it was not joined with faith to those who heard it.
    v3 But we who believe are entering into rest just as He said, “As I swore in my anger, they shall not enter My rest, for behold the works of God have been from the foundation of the world.”
    v4 According to what He said about the Sabbath, “God rested on the seventh day from all of His works.”

    Verse 4 is an explanation of how “the works of God have been from the foundation of the world.” In verse 5, the author returns (“And here again”) to the primary thought from Psalm 95:11 about entering katapausis

    v5 And here again He said, “They shall not enter My rest.”
    v6 Because therefore there has existed an opportunity for each person to enter and those who were first evangelized did not enter in that they were not persuaded,
    v7 Again he appointed another day from after many times just as, that from above, it is written that David said, “Today, if you will listen to His voice, harden not your hearts.”
    v8 If Joshua son of Nun had given them rest, would he have not spoken from afterward about another day?

    Joshua did not give Israel rest, and Hebrews tells us why. Even though the Gospel was preached to the children of Israel in Joshua’s day, it did not profit them, because they did not receive it with faith (Heb. 4:2).

    v9 So then it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath. (Aramaic)

    The GREEK Words for Sabbath are sabbaton and sabatismos; The origin of sabbatismos (REST) is from sabbaton. Let’s look at the meanings' or Sabbath REST 1, SABBATON; σάββατον; SABBATON; sab'-bat-on Of Hebrew origin [H7676]; the Sabbath (that is, Shabbath), or day of weekly repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension a se'nnight, that is, the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications: - sabbath (day), week.

    1. REST' SABBATISMOS a sabbath rest; Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ; Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine; Transliteration: sabbatismos; Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos') Short Definition: a Sabbath rest; Main Definition: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

    2, NAS Exhaustive Concordance Word Origin from a derivation of sabbaton; Definition a sabbath rest NASB Translation Sabbath rest (1).

    3, GREEK Lexicon - a Sabbath rest; σαββατισμός sabbatismos a sabbath rest as a derivative of sabbaton

    4, GREEK Interlinear - So therefore there remains a sabbath rest to the people of God (This is the literal GREEK translation of the Hebrews 4:9)

    5, Abbot Smiths Greek Lexicon of the New Testament *σαββατισμός, -οῦ, ὁ (<σαββατίζω, TO KEEP THE SABBATH, Exo 16:30, al.), A KEEPING SABBATH, A SABBATH REST: metaph., as in Mishna (Zorell, s.v.), Heb 4:9.

    SABBATISMOS is taken from SABBATON meaning THE REST GIVEN IN GOD'S SEVENTH DAY SABBATH.

    <A paraphrase of the final verse would be: This is why it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.>

    v10 Whoever enters His rest, he also has rested from his works as God did from His own.
    v11
    Let us take pains therefore to enter to that rest, lest we fall in the manner of those who were not persuaded.

    V12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

    Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD enter into God’s rest.

    Matthew 11
    28,
    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

    If you are not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING GOD you will NOT enter into God's REST (Sabbath or otherwise) This is what Hebrews 4 is discussing.

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    This is why the majority of bible translations translate the word REST (sabbatismos) in Hebrews 4:9 as SABBATH rest or a keeping of the Sabbath.....

    New International Version
    There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

    English Standard Version
    So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

    Berean Study Bible
    So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

    Berean Literal Bible
    So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

    New American Standard Bible
    So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

    Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Therefore, a Sabbath rest remains for God's people.

    International Standard Version
    There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

    NET Bible
    Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

    New Heart English Bible
    There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

    New American Standard 1977
    There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

    American Standard Version
    There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.

    Darby Bible Translation
    There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

    Weymouth New Testament
    It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

    World English Bible
    There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

    Young's Literal Translation
    there doth remain, then, a sabbatic rest to the people of God,

    The context of HEBREWS 4 is God’s SABBATH DAY'S REST from the week of creation on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week (Heb 4:1-5).

    Those that did not enter into God’s rest (7th Day Sabbath) did not enter in because of their unbelief and disobedience (sins) to God’s Word. The Gospel was preached unto them but they did not believe it (Heb 4:2).

    God did not give them His true rest because they did not BELIEVE and FOLLOW him (Heb 4:5-8). This is the same warning for those that disobey Him and do not follow His Word. Only those that believe and obey God’s Word enter into his SEVENTH DAY Sabbath rest (Heb 4:6, 9, 10-12).

    So you can see Jesus is not a Sabbath. The Sabbath is the SEVENTH DAY of the Week. Jesus is Lord of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH because he is the creator of this DAY (Heb 4:4; Mark 2:28).

    There is no scripture in all of God’s Word that says that Jesus is a Sabbath only that he is the LORD OF THE SABBATH AND THE SABBATH IS THE SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK and he made it for all of mankind and commands us to keep it as a HOLY DAY as a memorial of creation (Mark 2:27-28; Gen 2:1-3; Ex 20:8-11)

    The GREEK Word used in Hebrews 4:9 is Sabbatismos which is the derivative of Sabbaton meaning the REST of the SABBATH DAY as shown in the CONTEXT of Hebrews 4:1-4 which is in regard of entering into God’s REST of Genesis 2:1-3 which was given to ALL mankind (Mark 2:27-28).

    Hope this helps.

    ....................

    There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Similar Threads

  1. The Hidden Sabbath Truth
    By UriahSmith1844 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 11:36 AM
  2. The Truth About The Sabbath
    By Josh321 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 612
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 12:56 AM
  3. truth about the sabbath
    By moonbeam in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2015, 12:41 AM
  4. Sabbath truth...
    By Scuba in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 13th, 2014, 05:06 PM
  5. The real truth about the Son of God
    By AtonedFor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 15th, 2012, 06:55 AM